Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Pay calculation (482)
Update personal information (488)
Pre-built reports (485)
Report builder (486)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Ceridian Dayforce HCM, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Dayforce is presented as an always-on people platform for the global workforce. An enterprise HCM solution, Dayforce combines payroll, HR, benefits, talent management, and workforce management in a single cloud application to power the future of work. Dayforce helps deliver experiences that put people first, workforce intelligence across the full spectrum of HCM, and compliance everywhere.
Ceridian is a global human capital management (HCM) company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific Japan. Their brand promise –Makes Work Life Better™ –is the commitment they make to employees, customers, their employees, and to the communities they operate in around the world.
Key product areas:
Payroll, global payroll, on-demand pay
Workforce management, time & attendance, task management
Talent acquisition: Recruiting and onboarding
Talent management: Performance management, succession planning, compensation management, engagement surveys, and an integrated learning management system
Advanced reporting, analytics, and dashboards
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Support for external payroll vendors
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Reimbursement management
- Supported: Statutory form management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Employee recognition
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Buyers Guide for Global Pay and Time
- Dayforce Workforce Management Product Sheet
- Dayforce Overview Product Sheet
- Dayforce Wallet Product Sheet
- Dayforce People Intelligence Product Sheet
- Dayforce Payroll Product Sheet NA
- Dayforce Talent Management Product Sheet
- Dayforce Benefits Product Sheet
- Buyer’s guide to HCM technology
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||1%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||18%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||81%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||English (US), English (GB), French, French Canadian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Italian, German, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Hindi, Portuguese (Brazil), Croatian, Czech, Romanian, Bulgarian, Slovak, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Thai|
- Nothing on the end user side, it is a poor experience compared to other systems.
- UX/UI - it feels very dated and is not intuitive. Mobile is different than desktop and is very confusing.
- Too many clicks to get anything done. Due to the dated design, it takes a lot of clicks to find the right place and typically ends in frustration when using.
- Workflows reduce the number of face-to-face interactions and allows employees easy access to information such as address changes and direct deposit.
- Service, now, provides a faster turnaround on incidents.
- DayForce HCM is designed to reduce repetitiveness and 'loss' of information.
- The Reporting feature has room for MUCH improvement. We are not able to generate many needed finance/auditing reporting easily without assistance from service.
- Payroll processing
- Easier reporting
- Employee Self service
- Slow loading bar
- Mobile limitations
- Implementation team does everything for you so you don’t really know how to fix something later.
- Acessable any place, any time
- Quick response time.
- reasonable cost
- ease of use
- Too big, too many reports.
- Time consuming to learn.
- sold modules I could not use ( not avail in canada)
- Earning statements
- W2 forms
- Submit time off requests
- From the employee's view, time card punching is very unclear; hard to tell what was submitted or punched and see any hour totals.
- There needs to be space for benefit details; currently, we're still using an old system that was to sunset for all our benefits information.
- Messaging is constantly erring. I'll get "2nd notification" messages when I never received a "1st". I'll also get message notifications, and find nothing at all has been received.
- Dayforce is extremely customizable.
- It is quick, efficient, and accurate when paying employees.
- It has automated a number of our previously manual processes.
- The service model is difficult at times.
- If you need changes to your configuration done by Ceridian, it is very costly.
- For a global tool, you can only process payroll for an employee on one country's payroll at a time.
- Easy upload of hours and other payroll information for each pay
- Easy to create custom reports
- Analytics are useful
- Employee self serve
- All reports should have an option to download into Excel or csv
- If a stop payment is done, then automatic adjustment to the employees pay
- Ability to change the benefit calculation ourselves
- Tax forms
- Open Enrollment
- Direct Deposit setup
- Electronic pay stubs
- Time tracking - Not intuitive on updating a schedule
- Leave tracking - Not intuitive on updating a schedule
- Leave balances - Not always clear what's been added and used
Controls in place enable us to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and have allowed us to demonstrate this compliance, as necessary, in both internal and external audits.
- Back button to bring you back to the last profile you were viewing.
- Geo-fencing is impressive.
- Easy look up to find even old employees.
- Benefits functions on HR side, too much manual entry.
- I know it’s for protection purposes but it gets annoying when you constantly need to input a security code texted to you.
- Wish the onboarding progress page for managers can automatically update instead of being needed to manually update.
- Track employee time and attendance
- Automate the payroll process
- Make self-service available to employees for a lot of HR functions
- Dayforce Live training is disorganized; it has been very difficult to figure out what training should be done when, and by whom.
- Some of the custom configurations that were promised to us during the sales process have turned out to be impossible in implementation.
- The Ceridian implementation team seems to be rushing us through the process; we ended up having to hire an outside consultant to help guide us through the implementation and set more realistic expectations for the teams.
- Onboarding was simple.
- Multiple types of reports.
- Payroll and benefits administration.
- Year end.
- Onboarding with different department.
- Performance management.
- Reporting tool.
- Customer support team.
- UI loading speed.
- Error when changing pages too quick.
- Time off requests
- end of year documents
- Applicant tracking system
- no mass email campaign options
- Onboarding is wonderful! It took everything off paper for new hires and made the process fool proof
- Performance has been a huge help. It keeps our employees engaged and builds a better employee/manager relationship
- Scaling to size. I feel like our org is so slow because of the size of our organization built out. Speed would be a huge help.
- It's glitchy all the time. Consistently kicked out of the system and having to reload.
- The ATS has poor reporting and functionality.
- Cloud-based system that can be accessed remotely
- One system for many HR functions
- Support center that is easily accessible in case issues/questions arise
- I have only had a handful of encounters with support specialists who weren't pleasant/helpful
- Reporting is not the easiest feature to use
- PPACA is not super easy to use either
- Honestly, nothing [in my opinion].
- [It is] not user-friendly.
- [In my experience,] implementation did not go well from the start.
- [In my experience,] I can't even have my employees change their own address; if I do, they won't do it as Ceridian [Dayforce] wants them to and it will mess up something in their benefits.
- [I feel] reporting is NOT good or easy.
- [I] tried to set up onboarding and recruiting, but didn't work [for me], so we don't use it.
- We wanted to use the mobile app, but because we didn't trust the system, we never had it implemented.
- [In my opinion,] customer service is horrible. I pay to call my consultant first before I will try customer service.
- Payroll calculations.
- Time Away from Work.
- Custom integration.
- Time & attendance input.
- Reporting module is difficult to configure.
- Forced updates breaks things sometimes - they are quick to resolve with customer service but it's a pain when things are pushed to production without sufficient testing.
The Time & Attendance module only supports individual time entries, not crew entries. We used a 3rd party software to facilitate entering crew time cards and then import them directly into Ceridian via SFTP. Very happy with the results.
If your organization requires a ton of custom rules like substitution pay, scaling rates based on experience, etc. Ceridian is a great choice!
It automatically calculates dedications for taxes, cpp, e/i, benefits, and more.
It took a long time to get setup the way we needed, but it was well worth the effort. The day to day savings are significant.
- Alerts you to errors prior to processing.
- Allows control of system configuration.
- Provides real-time calculations.
- The HCM processing transacting processing time needs to be faster.
- Needs more layout continuity of among screens.
- Support module is too cumbersome.
- Special pays (restricted stock, employee stock plan, deferred stock, etc)
- Taxes: we are in many states, several with locals
- Tax service pays and files taxes on time.
- Easily process amendments.
- Automatic compliance notifications and updates are invaluable.
We have recently begun integrations with other software our company uses, and are using an API as well.
- We really like the Dayforce App.
- The whole system is very user-friendly.
- They provide a very good employee experience.
- The system is very customizable.
- Updates are done bi-annually
- Reporting is a bit difficult, but has been getting easier. I love that you can call and get a reporting specialist on the phone.
- The recruiting module should be more customizable.
- We no longer have a designated account rep, which is problematic.
The system works better now that it dos not require Silverlight. That also opened up access to more on the app. I feel that recently, some defects have occurred with system updates. Not sure if that's because of staffing issue due to Covid.
- On-demand payroll calculation.
- Automatic tax compliance.
- Customer service.
- Great payroll features
- Customization Options
- Tax services
- Account manager quality and services
- Ceridian allows for pretty much any report to the customized to the properties you/company specially need to have set.
- Ceridian allows for multiple locations under 1 employee code.
- Ceridian also has implemented a fast track pay account.
- Unfortunately they do have extra "clicks" in order to get to the end results
- There are several add ons in place but some are pretty much the same thing.
- Employee Self Service
- Benefit Management
- Customer Support
- Customer usability
- Current snapshot visibility
- Ease of approval for managers
- It can be difficult for managers of people in different timezones to track hours
- To my knowledge, Dayforce does not allow for the input of an off-standard work schedule - it cannot be used as a scheduling tool.
- It would be nice if Dayforce allows other pertinent employee information to also be stored in the system.
- Wallet and Pay on Demand is offered free to both associates and the company.
- There are many different services and integrations that can streamline HR processes.
- The customer service rep is generally very responsive.
- The reporting is very inclusive but there are features or data points that it can not report on in a single report. Often we must run two or more reports and then manually combine the information.
- The support portal is unhelpful and occasionally unresponsive.
- A lot of the set up and maintained is manual. Dayforce will charge extra for support for items that should be included with general service.