Groove Reviews

July 22, 2020

Groovin'

Our organization uses Groove to automate BD & marketing campaigns and to track outreaches. Build pipeline lists and measure analytics. Groove allows us to create templates that can be used by other teams and customized for their outreach. We utilize Groove to send flows and targeted messaging.
  • Deploy large population campaigns.
  • Create custom templates.
  • Create "hot lists" in workspaces.
  • Analytics : track email sends and opens.
  • Capability to send to email addresses that are not in Salesforce.
  • Ability to send more than 1500 emails per day.
  • Analytics broken down by the sender of the template not just overall anyone who uses the template.
  • Easier to send campaigns from a workspace. Not have to individual add POC's one at a time.
Groove integrates with Salesforce.
Daniel Guerrero | TrustRadius Reviewer

Concise: To-The-Point User Experience

Groove is currently being used in our internal Sales Division, in all inbound/outbound phone interactions with clients/prospects. Groove solves many problems which include the ability to call a prospect using their local number to increase phone connections, ability to text prospects/clients through primary workstation, creating Groove Flows which dramatically improves streamlining multiple common actions such as email and texts, and the ease of click-to-call functionality within Salesforce through our workstation.
  • I like the Click-To-Call functionality within Salesforce, faster calling out.
  • I love Local Dialer, which shows the prospect/client I'm calling locally.
  • Groove does a great job call quality while talking to a prospect.
  • I would like for when I receive a text, but I'm not at my workstation, and I respond using email on my smartphone, to show my response in the text history when I get back to my workstation.
  • I would really love it if Groove displayed the SF Contact link that's associated to a phone number that is calling me back. That way I can quickly click the SF link to see whose calling me, and prepare for the specific sales call.
Well suited for when cold calling prospects across the nation, and where texting is a common practice with communication with your people.
Read Daniel Guerrero's full review
Cole Arutian | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Perfect for activity tracking and email automation!

Groove automatically logs all of our customer-facing emails and activities to Salesforce for easy recording & reporting. The individual teams also make great use of the templates and flows functionalities to streamline customer communications and automate repetitive tasks.
  • Easy to setup
  • Great customer support
  • Easy to use, set and forget
  • Powerful tool, always seems like you can be doing more with Groove
  • No cons I can think of, the tool has been nothing but great for the things I use it for
Groove is great for any team that could benefit from automated activity logging, streamlined scheduling of meetings, and improved automation.
Read Cole Arutian's full review
Naomi Baily | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Until we got Groove, I never knew I could be so productive!!

We are currently using it to help us automate our Business Development campaigns, increase productivity by syncing our Salesforce and Gmail activity and generally helping us keep everything up to date, running smoothly and automated. Our entire New Business sales team uses this in particular because of how effective it makes us as a unit when it comes to business development. It has reduced wastage, inefficiencies, non-targeted email, and lack of alignment between what we are doing with our customers and what we are uploading to Salesforce. Also, it allows you to set tasks and reminders on every email which means nothing slips through the cracks! It's incredibly easy to use, the Customer Support team are super responsive and we are pretty lucky to have software like Groove within our company.

• Sends mass customised email campaigns.
  • Builds synchronicity between my inbox and the information I have in Salesforce.
  • Setting reminders up so I never miss a followup.
  • Scheduling emails and sending calendar links to clients with a click of a button.
  • The UX could be a little prettier!
  • It would be great if the in-app gmail app was easier to customise.
I have created multiple campaigns for my customers old, new, returning, and trusted Groove to send them all well-formatted, customized, and timed.

Sometimes, you still need to customize your emails and step away from the easy world of automation.

I think it's pretty appropriate for most actions and really helped me through COVID getting the right messages to the right people in a timely fashion.
Read Naomi Baily's full review

Favourite sales automation tool

Sales uses Groove to stay on top of follow-ups with leads, opportunities and outbound prospects. This helps them manage large volumes of contacts, with targeted outreach strategies and make sure no one falls through the cracks. It also saves them time from logging information from emails, calls, calendar invites, and updating Salesforce fields.
  • Easily update Salesforce information (through Omnibar) - saves time.
  • Create SF activities (via Gmail & Gcal integration) - helps with data quality and reporting to ensure all contact history is recorded.
  • See all activity history (account & contact) when prospecting in Groove - reduces amount of tabs sales switches between when researching history of contacts before outreach.
  • Support - available to resolve issues, or answer questions relatively quickly.
  • Innovative - always releasing new useful features.
  • Occasional bugs.
Groove is well suited for sales follow-up.
Cassandra Rieser | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 30, 2020

Groove as a prospecting tool

We use it across the entire organization. Personally I'm a business consultant in sales, and we use it to track if prospects have opened our emails. It's a great tool to be sure to connect with these prospects at the correct time. I also love the fact that I'm able to see if a prospect has not opened my email yet, so that way I know they are unaware of why I'm reaching out, etc. As a company, we also use it to target specific prospects at certain times..and we do that by syncing our Groove with our Salesforce, and filtering by the data we need..and then send out mass emails. It's great!
  • Lets you know when someone has opened an email, and how many times they have opened it. It also tells you if they have clicked on a link within the email that you may have provided.
  • Allows you to organize your work flow, and tasks.
  • Mass emails are done easily with Groove!
  • Sending out mass emails can be a long process I think, and I do believe it can be simplified.
  • At times, my Groove takes awhile to update, and then I get all of the notifications at once.
Groove is great when you need to know if someone opened an email for a specific reason, but can be less appropriate in times when it tells you where they are located. I don't dislike it, but some feel that's a bit aggressive. I do like that you can see if they opened it on their cell phone, or desktop though!
Read Cassandra Rieser's full review
June 30, 2020

You will love Groove!

Groove helps me with my daily activities in so many ways. As a Customer Success Manager, it's key I keep all my activity logged in Salesforce, and also schedule emails to be sent in a future date/time, given my many interactions with customers. I also needed a tool that would help me check if customers' have opened my email, and when they did so. Having so many different tasks a day, you need to find ways of organizing your priorities. Lastly, after calls or email conversations with customers, I need to log them to Salesforce. Groove has helped me with all these activities - and consequently, has helped me boost my productivity!
  • Easily log calls to Salesforce.
  • Track customer's activity.
  • Helps me organize tasks and activities.
  • Schedule emails.
  • Being an active user for over 1 year, I have nothing to dislike about Groove. During this time, I could see they added new features and made the solution even more comprehensive.
Groove has amazing and complementary features and it's so easy to use them! As a daily user, I needed a tool that would not only track my emails in Salesforce but help me schedule them, follow my customers' activity, help me organize my tasks and activities, and easily log calls to Salesforce (giving their seamless integration). My productivity has gone up and I have Groove to thank!
Jason Karr | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 26, 2020

Groove at a Glance

We utilize Groove as a sales enablement tool and it's helped increase our team's sales activities across the board. It's been great for keeping current clients engaged as well. The flows are easy to setup and we've been very pleased with the post sale support from Groove both via chat and on actual calls.
  • Cold outreach to prospects
  • Easy to integrate with Salesforce
  • Managing Multiple Flows
  • Measuring clicks and open rates on flow and specific templates
  • Call listening features for coaching
  • Better search functionality for flows
  • Cleaner interface
  • Groove Dialer needs to reload every so often
Groove is a great entry level sales engagement tool that been easy to learn and implement with our team. It has met our needs to increase our team's cold outreach and helped our Account Management team stay in the loop with their book of current clients.
Read Jason Karr's full review
June 26, 2020

Groove is Smooth!

Groove is used company wide in my workplace. Groove allows us to interact with others with efficiency and a peace of mind. Instead of using time to track how many emails have been sent, Groove provides the opportunity to personalize flows over a certain amount of days where emails are sent automatically. Overall, Groove is a great time saving tool.
  • Reminds you to follow up with an email after a certain amount of days with no response.
  • Allows you to create and save email templates for responses and emails that you send often. They can be populated and sent with one click of a button.
  • Allows you to view when a recipient opened your email, how often, and off what device.
  • It would be more efficient if you could add more than one contact to a flow instead of searching one at a time and adding, then going back to the search bar to add another.
In my experience, the features that Groove has to offer maximize efficiency in customer-facing roles and roles with frequent human interaction. Scheduling, following up, and tracking metrics are all seamless when using Groove. Groove allows you to complete your day to day tasks without fear of sending an important email or getting back to someone at a certain time or day.
Will Bogan | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2020

It's time for your sales force to get groovy

Groove is currently being used exclusively by our sales department. It primarily addresses the problem of inbound/outbound sales management as well as campaign management. As a subset of those overarching problems, it really allows our sales force to better automate and track our sales efforts with user-friendly, efficient tools and insightful analytics.
  • Streamlining and automating outbound sales efforts through the use of templates and flows
  • Detailed email tracking and insights from analytics on customer/prospect engagement levels
  • Seamless integrations with Salesforce and Google Suite of products for workflow efficiencies
  • Would like to see a little more flexibility around flows (i.e. ability to set up an automated action if a contact does not have a phone number to automatically skip all call steps in a flow)
  • Might be a LinkedIn limitation, but would be nice to have more automation with regards to LinkedIn InMail through Sales Navigator
Groove is a terrific tool for those organizations looking to really ramp up their sales production. From reusable email/InMail/call templates to unique multi-step flows, Groove helps streamline and automate both inbound and outbound sales efforts to enhance productivity. Insightful analytics on robust email tracking allows sales teams to boost the effectiveness of outreach by targeting the right accounts with high levels of engagement.
Read Will Bogan's full review
June 25, 2020

If your salespeople always complain about tracking calls, you need this product!

Groove is used by our entire organization to better track our sales efforts. Emails and calendar meetings are linked to our sales data portal which saves our salespeople an incredible amount of time and frustration keeping call tracking up to date.
  • Automatic tracking of emails & calendar invites to clients/prospects
  • Email templates allow me to have ready to go standard emails available for customization.
  • In the calendar feature, there is a "type of activity" dropdown that includes "phone" or "in person". Have a "web meeting" would be very nice in this COVID environment.
If call tracking is meaningful for your organization, this is a must have product. The amount of time saved is invaluable; it takes the activities your team is already doing and codifies it into your sales system instead of asking your salespeople to track separately.
Crystal Moyer | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2020

Groove keeps me organized!

It is being used across the whole organization. It is used to track sent emails to clients and used to save templates for emails.
  • Track sent emails to my clients
  • Saves templates
  • Provides schedule link that my clients can use to book a meeting with me
  • Notifies me when my clients read my emails
  • Sometimes there are too many notifications to keep track of
  • Doesn't always sync with Google for some reason
When a client claims they did not receive my email I have proof that they have read it.
Read Crystal Moyer's full review

Work made easy!

As a current admissions counselor I use Groove as well as my entire department. Groove houses all of our frequently used emails. Also, we use it as way to schedule meetings and keep our work availability and calendars in sync. I can set my calendar so that my students can see what days I'm available to book meetings with me and put time on my calendar.
  • Reliability
  • User Friendly
  • Easy Flow once from setting to the next
  • I would like my calendar on my computer and calendar in groove to sync automatically
  • I would like be able to put my emails in order from most important to least important
Groove is well suited when it comes to keeping an array of email responses handy and right at your finger tips. I love how easy and functional it is to make changes. Set up was easy to follow as well. Groove has saved my team and I a lot time and helped to improve our efficiency.
Brian Shellhorn | TrustRadius Reviewer

Groove is Great!

Groove is used by our Sales organization. Groove has allowed our Account Directors to be more efficient in their day to day prospecting and follow up activities. Groove also provides an easier way to document activities in Salesforce.
  • Groove Flows allows a sales professional a way to create a solid sales campaign.
  • Groove provides a sales professional with visibility to campaign analytics.
  • Groove Flow templates allow you to share successful email templates with peers across the sales organization.
  • If the Omnibar could provide more Salesforce data it would be helpful.
  • There could be improvements to the way emails are logged to Salesforce. Some emails are attached to open opportunities in error based on the contact.
Groove helps me have strategic conversations with my Sales Reps based on account related activities and results. I have visibility to the messaging they are using via Groove Flows. I have visibility to the level of engagement in each account via Groove Analytics. The reporting I receive allows me to easily see a stack ranking of our Sales Team which is also very helpful.
Read Brian Shellhorn's full review

Game Changer

Currently the entire sales floor has adopted Groove within the last year. Addresses follow ups that normally would be lost in our day-to-day operations. Also, we are always releasing new products so it's a great way to get touches on clients to inform them of any updates for new products. So far the response has been consistent with most messaging since the switch.
  • New products.
  • Broad reach of all clients in many different markets and states with consistent messaging.
  • Drip campaigns.
  • I have been very pleased with the performance.
Groove has been well suited for performance with getting clients that we normally have little to no time to concentrate on, and really focus on informing them of new things that are on our roadmap. Has opened up a lot of discovery questions. Each business that is on our platform is very important, so that communication that can stay open and current is appreciated to have as a tool.
Rex Jarrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 24, 2020

Groove and the Harvard Business Analytics Program

We use Groove daily to allow our students at the Harvard Business Analytics Program to schedule meetings with their academic advisors in real-time. It allows students to select time slots that best suit them and their academic advisor's schedules without a time consuming back and for the email exchange around availability.
  • Maximize availability
  • Reduce scheduling conflicts.
  • Enforce scheduling adherence of students and staff.
  • Provide sense stability with accurate captures of coming workloads.
  • Students cannot edit meetings once booked.
You have 20 new students who want to meet with you in the next week. Groove turns those 20 conversations about availability to 20 emails with a scheduling link.
Read Rex Jarrett's full review
June 23, 2020

Groovy Experience with Groove

Groove is used across multiple departments, including Sales and Customer Service. It is not used yet across the whole organization. Having a dialer integrated with Salesforce has been a requirement for years before we implemented and released Groove to our Sales, and later, Customer Service team. We released it first to our Sales team, then to our Customer Service team. Our Sales team loves using Groove and it has really made the whole team more productive. Groove offers insight for managers into the activities that their team is doing every day. It's such an integral part of our Sales teams' jobs now that it is included in metrics/KPIs. We would be hard-pressed to work without Groove.
  • The dialer is easy-to-use and easy to setup and configure on the user's end—perfect for less tech-savvy users.
  • Email sync, calendar sync, and background syncs of emails and calendar work well.
  • The calendar scheduler link is a game-changer!
  • Requires daily troubleshooting from our sales team.
  • Difficult to troubleshoot for less tech-savvy users.
  • I'd like more control on the Manage My Org page. I use that page frequently for reporting and sometimes find it's difficult to export from.
Groove is well-suited for a Sales team that has a little more technical background than the standard user. It works well for my sales department but some users find it more difficult to use than others. Sometimes, these users require daily troubleshooting that is stressful for my team and for the Sales user. Any team can use Groove, really, if they need emails and calendar invites synced back to Salesforce effortlessly. I believe Groove excels with email and calendar sync. The dialer is a little more problematic because it requires a Chrome extension to use, which we all know how finicky Chrome extensions can be. The dialer functionality is great, but having it on a more stable system would've been better, I think. Maybe as a managed package directly in Salesforce instead of a Chrome extension.
June 23, 2020

Great follow-up tool for combining autonomy and automation

Groove helps us follow up on leads/contacts by letting us customize contact cadences for every campaign we have. Groove provides excellent email/event tracking and success rates, and it shows us the effort we have put forth and the engagement that each lead has shown. Using Groove flows, we automate the outreach to leads that have only shown interest in thought leadership, but not yet qualified by marketing by interacting with product interest content. We then use Groove to provide more personalized contacts to leads that may be ready for a demo.
  • connection to salesforce is great
  • flexibility of contact cadences
  • constant and well documented feature additions
  • consolidated view of tasks
  • Administering the tool as a global solution, rather than individual: experience could be better.
Groove works well for individuals creating their own flows, but it's harder to configure for a whole group.
Zach Honadel | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 19, 2020

Sales Manager

Groove is being used across the whole sales force. It helps with both prospecting and account management. You can send targeted emails to a specific audience and from there you receive analytics to see who is actually interested. On the account management side of things, it allows you to send out one message to all of your customers with the click of a button. For example, if there's a webinar coming up or a new update coming. You can send it once vs. one by one.
  • Connection with Salesforce.
  • Customer service.
  • They make it easy to share things across the organization (Flows, Templates).
  • Introducing Groove to my company could've been better.
  • Providing more in-depth analytics.
  • An alerting system when someone is really looking at your emails.
Promoting new updates, webinars coming up, reaching prospects in quick manner and seeing who is actually interested.
Read Zach Honadel's full review
June 18, 2020

Helpful & sufficient

We use Groove across the whole organization. I have not encountered any business problems w/ the use of Groove. I am sure the entire company finds it useful for grammar reasons.
  • I love how it corrects my incorrect grammar in my emails before they go out to our clients.
  • The bold red line reminds me to go back and correct the sentence.
  • Nothing really, sometimes it does give you the wrong words to replace so you still have to know proper English.
  • It tends to cut out every once in a while.
I think it is well suited at any large company or organization that is dealing with customer service, emailing clients, law firms or dealing with mass documents.
June 17, 2020

Groove

We use it for our Revenue team. We sync emails with Salesforce, leverage sales templates, and conduct flows for mail merges. Our Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing teams all use it.

The business problem is really scaling our sales team. They're able to sync emails to Salesforce automatically and share sales templates across the org really easily.
  • Account health.
  • Managing opportunities.
  • Dialer.
Well suited for an early-stage sales team. If you want a beefier platform then may not be best for you.

I would recommend using the templates, leveraging the flows to email many people at once leveraging Salesforce data, and tracking opens/clicks for emails (many platforms do this though). Great tool to start!
Jessica Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2020

A sales rep's opinion on Groove!

I believe our whole organization uses Groove. We have Groove linked to Salesforce and Gmail so it's an easy way to track emails sent, and Groove can also pull information from Salesforce so you don't have to type out their name/information, etc. I think the main goal is to be able to track emails with leads. You can pull up your lead and see your history of emails sent, and can even pull up the email directly from Salesforce to see what the conversation was. Basically a great tool to connect Gmail and Salesforce to make contacting customers a lot more streamlined.
  • Tracks which emails are opened, how many times it's been opened, any other actions like replying or clicking a link. This is extremely helpful when determining which customers are engaged, and what emails work best for engagement.
  • You can create and customize many different templates, and even get those templates to pull information from Salesforce. So when I'm contacting a new lead, I just enter the customer's email, choose a template from my saved Groove templates, and it will pull the name, company info, etc, from the Salesforce lead. So quick and easy!
  • When using templates, you can favourite ones that you tend to use more, and Groove also puts the templates used most at the top of the list so it's really easy to send many emails out.
  • I find sometimes Groove doesn't load properly in Gmail but that's an easy fix! Just refresh the browser and it's good to go.
  • I actually like Groove quite a bit, and can't think of much that I would want it to improve on at the moment.
Since I've only used Groove for less than a year, I don't have much experience with Groove in any other scenarios other than Sales. I think any business that is already using Salesforce for lead tracking should get Groove. It's just a great way to have some insight on your emails and what's going on with customers. I love being able to see which customers open which emails so that you can get insight on how engaging the message is. Marketing departments would probably love to have this type of insight as well.
Read Jessica Lee's full review
June 16, 2020

Go For it!!!

It's currently used by a few departments (sales, implementation team, etc). It makes our life much easier because we work with emails, Salesforce a lot so it saves us time by tracking our emails and auto syncing our documentation and also by creating preset Groove email templates that are shared across different departments.
  • Integration with Salesforce. Very Helpful!!!
  • Creating commonly used preset templates.
  • Emails tracking to see who has opened your email or how many times. This is very helpful for follow-ups with clients.
  • To be honest, I don't have any as of now! I am loving it!!! I like all the features I am using and don't have any problems. I am still yet to try out more features so can't complain.
Groove is a great option for someone who is using Salesforce and who is a heavy email user because of all the tracking and auto sync that happens that can make your life so much easier. Well suited for sales, or for someone who manages a huge amount of communications. So, please don't hesitate to try out!!!
June 15, 2020

Buy now

We use Groove to integrate our email with our Salesforce instance, which is super helpful because it makes all activity public-facing for other internal employees to see what is happening on each account email-by-email. This is very valuable for account transfers and newly onboarded hires getting up to speed on the account.
  • Automation
  • Transparency
  • Automate workflow to Salesforce with different objects.
  • Service Cloud integration.
Less appropriate for internal emails but very appropriate for client interactions and any prospect/customer activity. Sometimes Groove just writes everything to Salesforce, which can be excessive, publicizing information that may not necessarily need to be public/on Salesforce (but then again, that is less up to me and more up to our SFDC admins).
Greg Watkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 13, 2020

Groove is a powerful tool that can automate all aspects of the business for communications

At first, Groove was implemented at the Sales Development department. Then, it was rolled out to the outside Sales team. Now, the entire sales and operations team currently uses it. For sales, it is used to follow up with potential leads and prospects, and create call/email campaigns to get in touch with the relevant buyers. For Operations, it is used to track metrics, email open rates, and click-through rates.
  • Sometimes Groove/ SFDC disconnects and you need to reconnect it.
  • I have only dealt with customer support once and I'm not sure who my CSM is.
  • I would like to see continuous improvements to the platform over time since I have not seen too many recently.
  • Sometimes the Groove dialer has been the easiest tool to use.
  • Sometimes emails are not synced over to Salesforce, which can be frustrating.
I would say Groove is most suitable for the Sales organization because it gives you a powerful tool to reach out to customers, and allows you to do this in bulk, creating and defining templates and call campaigns and scripts. It is also suitable for operations, but not in the same type of way.
Read Greg Watkins's full review

About Groove

Groove is a software platform designed to facilitate sales team productivity, with email and calendar integration, campaign automation, analytics, a dialer, and account-based selling tools.

Groove Technical Details