Lucidchart Reviews

January 12, 2021
KC Baltz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart provides all the features we used to get from Visio and more. We selected it because it integrates well with Atlassian Confluence, something that Visio didn't do, and it was also less expensive. Because it's web-based, sharing and collaborating on diagrams is easy and you don't have to worry about software installs.
Read KC Baltz's full review
Andrew Knight | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

We just found Lucid Chart more user friendly than Visio and more specific to what we needed than Smartsheet. It may be a little less comprehensive than some tools but as far as fit-for-purpose tools go, this was exactly what we required. We can inttegrate with Teams for even better collaboration.
Read Andrew Knight's full review
Eric Serdar | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Sketch and InVision we found to be better suited for making mockups of the product and more interactive elements of the product design. Lucidchart is better for the wireframes, flow, and processes for our team. We'll build out the concept, wireframe it, and then build how it will look into InVision
Read Eric Serdar's full review
Matthew Gardner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart is less expensive, cloud-based, and allows for real time collaboration. Our team mostly works out of Google Docs and Sheets so this made way more sense than moving to a per-user desktop-based product which can't do real time collaboration like Vizio. I haven't found any feature missed from Visio besides compatibility if a customer has Visio files.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
December 02, 2020
Simon Whight | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Using Visio feels like the old world of application vs. web app. You spend more time fighting the interface rather than just simply creating. I like Lucidchart because my time spent making a picture of whatever it is I'm trying to spell out is short. The lighter the touch I have to have on a tool, the better.
Read Simon Whight's full review
December 04, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart stood above the rest given its low cost, ease of integration and simple UI. It really has saved us a tremendous amount of time in our core use case. The other products were simply to cumbersome to seriously evaluate.

Alternatives Considered

Compared to draw.io, Lucidchart has way more templates readily available. draw.io support Enterprise browser, while Lucidchart does not. When stacked against Microsoft Visio, using Lucidchart is as easy as using a web browser, on the other hand, Microsoft Visio requires download and installation. Advance feature which Microsoft Visio has, also comes with a step learning curve. While Lucidchart easy to use and a more intuitive user experience.
December 01, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart is a great option and draws many similarities with draw.io. Really the only benefit to draw.io is the availability of a desktop application, which is an area that Lucidchart doesn't have (at least to my knowledge). Visio is, admittedly, more robust but it is not as user friendly, it's expensive, and Lucidchart will get you everything you need with a more straightforward interface. Personally, it's my preference.

Alternatives Considered

Unlike the competition we found the SSO integration, simple to use interface and visual tools of Lucidchart a better option for our organization. The ease of deployment was also a key factor and it allowed us to leverage all our platforms in collaboration. Lucidchart also has project management features which we plan to explore more in depth so there is some future proofing built-in.
May 19, 2020
Tom Troxell | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart is browser-based and very easy to pick up and use. It's simpler than Visio in a lot of great ways, and usually produces results that are of just-as-high quality. It is slightly less customizable than Visio and PowerPoint, but the simple fact that it is so portable and sharable makes it a great option.
Read Tom Troxell's full review
February 15, 2020

Alternatives Considered

Sketch is very attractive in terms of the plugin support and prototyping capabilities. Although it is made for a different purpose, it also adds the same value without using Lucidchart. Offline is a great deal for designers, and Sketch delivers. This is also positive for Visio. Although the latter isn't as powerful as Lucidchart, the integrations with other products in the Microsoft ecosystem makes it attractive.
November 15, 2019
David Cassel | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Visio is just too damn expensive to use for a smaller company like ourself. I messed around with it for all of an hour before realizing that there would be an immense amount of training involved for people that might want to get up and running in an instant. I do like what Microsoft is doing with the office 365 ecosystem, and maybe we will transition over...but right now LucidChart works best with our ad-hoc apps.
Read David Cassel's full review
August 20, 2019
Rob Zimmer | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Visio is my reference tool. I have used Visio for years and it was my default when joining my new company. We decided to try out Lucidchart because of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model that would allow our entire team to access the tool on any computer from anywhere. This has solved the software distribution issue, especially for a team that has some people using Microsoft platforms and others using Apple platforms.
Read Rob Zimmer's full review
August 13, 2019
Richard Perroset | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Both LucidCharts vs draw.io are flowchart tools that provide tons of different shapes and styles, for all sorts of flowchart uses. When it comes to costs, draw.io is an open-sourced tool so there are no pay-for-premium fees like those Lucidchart charges. One key benefit that Lucidchart offers that draw.io does not are themes. These come in handy to help you find the theme or template you need quick and easy, and there are hundreds to choose from.
Read Richard Perroset's full review
November 25, 2019

Alternatives Considered

We had used AutoCAD for this in the past, but it required a trained operator to do even simple tasks, we still use AutoCAD but only for scale drawings and not things that would be quicker and easier in Lucidchart. Staff were using lots of different software to try to achieve the same thing, Powerpoint, Word, Paint, Sketch Up, you name it. Lucidchart is built for purpose and easy to train, once we had everyone using the same software our sales proposals and planning documents all looked the same, which is much easier for other staff to understand.
November 05, 2019

Alternatives Considered

I can't remember any cloud-based competitors i looked for when we set up Lucid Chart originally. Lucid Chart replaced powerpoint, microsoft word, and google draw that we were using for basic diagrams earlier. Lucid chart is much more satisfying to use - the charts actually can grow as much as we need and we're not limited by text boxes.
October 22, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart was a better solution for us than Excel was or PowerPoint for obvious reasons - a much bigger pool of stuff that can be done and created, great visuals and the ability to present and share things across teams and companies. It prints well and we have created a bunch of reports and charts for the office.
September 07, 2019

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart is the only program I have used thus far, and I can't say there is any reason to go looking for more. You have so many design options with this program, and can use it for basically whatever you need. I have nothing to compare it to at this time, but I can say that it fills all my current needs.
March 26, 2019
Nathan McBride | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have not evaluated any other products in this space in the last seven years as there has simply been no need. When I was first looking for a cloud engineering tool back in 2012 I looked at Gliffy and Omnigraffle but once I discovered Lucidchart, I never looked again.
Read Nathan McBride's full review
March 07, 2019
Albert Ellenich | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Lucidchart is designed to do one thing in my opinion, design charts of connected shapes. Other apps can do the same but are often tied to a desktop app and bloated with other illustration features I do not need. I like that is Lucidchart is limited in features to those specific to the needs of this task and allows for easy sharing of my documents with others.
Read Albert Ellenich's full review

What is Lucidchart?

Lucidchart is a presented by the vendor as a flexible yet powerful flowchart and diagram software that integrates with other collaboration tools, enabling visual collaboration for teams.

Lucidchart Features

Has featureIntegrations with industry-leading applications
Has featureReal-time collaboration with team
Has featureExport and import current diagrams from various systems

Lucidchart Screenshots

Free$0per month
Individual7.95per month
Team9.00per user/per month
EnterpriseCustom Pricing

The Team Pricing increases depending on the number of users on the account.

Lucidchart Customer Size Distribution