Cornerstone Learning will be the Cornerstone of your Organization.
Updated December 03, 2021
Cornerstone Learning will be the Cornerstone of your Organization.
Score 9 out of 10
- Learning Suite
Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
We utilize Cornerstone OnDemand to support all learning across the organization as well as offer training opportunities to an affiliated organization. It assigns training based on need of the staff as well as is used for optional training and registration into larger organization sessions when needed. It solves out need for compliance training assignments and tracking as well as support the administration side and professional development opportunities.
- Automatic recurring assignments are easy to get that refresher training out without needing to assign it fresh each time.
- Reporting 2.0 makes it easy to write and share your reports with just selected filters. Making it easy for people receiving it to just change what they need to see.
- Learning Admin Console makes it easy to peek at what is going on in your portal and open up connected reporting when needed.
- Success Center is a great resource for getting peer answers to questions and learning about the releases and suggesting changes that should be added to the roadmap.
- Their Product Support can take a long time to respond and/or give incomplete responses so you have to go back and forth to get the correct response.
- Certifications exist but are in bad need of an update to make them more user friendly as they are the only way to set an expiration date.
- Reporting 2.0 can have more latency issues then other parts of the system and it is always when you really need to grab that report.
- We needed a system that would help us switch from all in person training to online content and blended content and it does that with an easy to use interface.
- In person session scheduling and tracking used to be a pain and the no show rate was high using ILT and having the registration easy to use and have calendar appointments emailed on registration has increased our attendance.
- Playlists have allowed up to move our learning culture forward as we can connect content by topics and it makes it easy for our staff to pick what they want to take on that topic.
We only leverage "Core" and "Learning" but they work together seamlessly to get the right training to the right people. We also leverage Certifications which are part of Learning but allow so better visibility for expiration dates on important things that do expire and they stay front and center on the transcript for anyone that needs to see it, no additional toggles needed.
Cornerstone's Learning is what brought us to them. It allows us to offer both compliance training through learning assignments, track regulatory training that expires using certifications as well as offer training that is available on demand to staff depending on the topics they are interested in. It provides the full learning package.
We selected Cornerstone versus Saba during our initial implementation because of the Administrative resources and the easy of use for administering training at the time Saba had a better learner experience in our reckoning. Now they are one company so it seems we chose well. We implemented Workday HCM and there was some consideration on moving to their learning platform but Cornerstone does more and offers a better use experience so we are sticking with Cornerstone Learning.
I think we can configure enough of the user experience to meet our needs particularly with welcome pages, custom pages and HTML however some of the workflows are hard coded and we wish we had some more preference options there. It does overall provide a friendly front end to our users.
Do you think Cornerstone OnDemand delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cornerstone OnDemand's feature set?
Did Cornerstone OnDemand live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cornerstone OnDemand go as expected?
Would you buy Cornerstone OnDemand again?
I think CSOD is great for most organizations it does have a hefty price tag so making sure the robustness is leveraged is important when choosing the correct system for your organization. I appreciate that they have quarterly releases so the product is getting updates often versus some other LMSs when that is less frequent.
Cornerstone OnDemand Feature Ratings
Using Cornerstone OnDemand
9600 - All employees and most of our non-employees that are provisioned have access to Cornerstone. There are some regulatory/compliance trainings, some departmental trainings and professional/personal development offerings.
1 - We have a single centralized resources for Cornerstone Support (end user and superuser support) and a network of training administrators across the organization that manage their own training and help to make system decisions. We call it the federated model and it helps to keep autonomy for the training groups but they have the support they need.
- Certifications for regulatory training with expiration dates
- Assignments that recur
- Playlists to connect topical resources together.
- We use a user form as part of a material to collect job function responses that then assign training.
- We leveraged forms, form tasks, approval workflows and electronic signatures to collect performance appraisals last year .
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Use Learning Search to find content
- Use Learner Home to see everything you need learning wise
- Express class to give ad hoc credit
Yes - We didn't have an LMS before Cornerstone and instead leveraged manaul processes in PeopleSoft, SharePoint (with some workflows) and Access databases or Excel. We wanted something more automated and easier for the administrator to use. As well as that could host self paced content and track expiration dates for required training.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
We wanted it to be so much more user friendly then our other solutions so it could truly be that one stop shop we were aiming for.
Cornerstone OnDemand Support
I think they are working on enhancing and making their support better over the last few years however it is still a trouble point. It can take forever and a lot of back and forth to get a clear answer or work done. They are great for classic work orders however such as security or functionality turning on and those go really fast. I do think they still struggle with the line between an issue and a "project".
Kept well informed
Quick Initial Response
Problems left unsolved
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
We are in the middle support package. We picked it as the bottom one doesn't allow for you to be as involved in the direction of Cornerstone and with support.