8x8 Virtual Office is a unified business phone and VoIP communications service. It includes features such as instant messaging, softphone, video calling, web conferencing, call recording, visual voicemail. Prices range from $22-$175 per user per month, depending on amount of features desired.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/WM/5s/73A8KLOZH0LG.PNG8x8 the flexible choiceWe use virtual office because it allows us to be practically anywhere and still work like we are at the office. A few of our employees have a physical phone at home that works as if they were at their desk. This allows them to work from home when needed and stay productive. On occasion, I use the web interface and it allows me to take and receive calls as well as record calls when needed.,Conference call feature is great. We have created multiple conference bridges, we even have one tied to our virtual attendant. We like the flexibility of the auto attendant and being able to have more than one profile saved that we can change as needed Having Virtual office was especially great when hurricane Irma came through last year and our office had no power, it allowed us to continue to operate from our cell phones without the customer realizing there was anything different.,The mobile app is good but can be too much at times, almost taking over the phone. It would be nice if there was a way that when a voicemail is sent via email that it could mark it as listened to once the email has been opened. The setup for the auto attendant is very intuitive, granted it works well once set up. It would be nice if a call placed on hold could be picked up by another extension,8,There is no cost for the back end system, this makes it much easier to get started. The only downside on cost is that not only do you have a monthly cost from the service, you also need to have a solid Internet connection. Fortunately, most businesses will already have this, and you would need to pay for service anyway Because it is hosted elsewhere it truly kept us in business after hurricane Irma because we were still able to answer calls and service our customers.,,QuickBooks Premier, Microsoft Office 365, LogMeIn ProGreat value with good traditional features, but antiquated technology and beware of hidden contracts terms...8x8 Virtual Office (and general phone system) was chosen for my company (and one other I consult with) mainly due to the high value for a full-featured VoIP office phone system. The call recording is the primary feature we required along with being able to easily transfer calls outside the company and handled\s a large volume of incoming calls to our customer service representatives. The Virtual office features while theoretically seem useful/nice went largely unused by most of the employees either because they preferred to use the desk phone exclusively or were only using cell phones instead of desktop/laptops. The limitation of not being able to send/receive texts through the work number (only offering inter-office chat) seemed to discourage people from using it so they would just use their regular cell-phone number or iMessage instead. The voicemail-to-email features worked just fine, and desk phone service is stellar (never any issues) but the cellphone in-app calling would often have problems with voice quality or not ringing so I couldn't really get anyone to exclusively use the virtual office features/app.,Offers reliable traditional phone service for desk users Voicemail system is flexible, allowing messages to get to the user even if they are not in the office easily and are easy to manage. Low introductory price, good place to start if you're new to VoIP,Does not support texting, which is a problem in the modern work environment. Call recording/archiving features are seriously lacking, small storage and poor/slow management interface. No auto-archiving or backup, just lots of fees. Sales reps outright lie about 1-year contract terms and no ETF/cancellation fees to get you to sign up and then if you try to cancel after a year they hit you with huge undisclosed fees. Basically despite what any account manager will tell you are ALWAYS under contract, and you can only cancel on your anniversary month by giving 30-days notice (they force you to keep service for another month no matter what) to avoid being subject to a year's worth of service fees. Basically predatory contracts with undisclosed details on hyperlinks (so you never see them when you sign-up!!) that are only brought up if you try to cancel. Call routing is a bit tricky, and some features are not available in the admin/management portal. You will have to call tech-support to accomplish complex routing (eg. two or more auto-attendants). Should have more options for call flow and really needs a way for the admin to manage shared voicemail boxes and individuals greetings via the web portal instead of just the desk phone.,2,Service was reliable just lacking on the mobile app side. Do not recommend because of deceptive contract terms, but as long as you're aware of them the price is not bad. Less expensive than competitors and has more features than similarly priced services. Low up-front cost so good for small businesses, and offers expandability and portability at a low price point. Long-term costs are higher than investing in your own equipment but doesn't require IT staff.,RingCentral and Dialpad,RingCentral, Dialpad, UberConference8x8 feels like a 4x4 - offroad and bumpyOur organization moved away from hard phones, in favor of softphones and implemented 8x8 Virtual Office. The primary reason for this move was so that team members would be able to have a more flexible work arrangement and could access their phone/voicemail remotely.,Unified solution for setting up virtual meetings/conference calls - these meetings typically go smoothly and the application works well on desktop. Active directory of team members. Adding conference call information to Outlook emails via Outlook integration.,The application on devices often does not connect when you go to answer a call, so you're left trying to call someone back after essentially hanging up on them. Instant messaging is extremely clunky and takes a very long time to load. Our team uses Slack or Microsoft Teams instead. Versioning of the desktop application isn't consistent. I recently had to reinstall the application and, even though I am installing the newest version and there is no beta version for me to participate in, for some reason some of the functionality is now missing.,2,Positive - we have been able to eliminate hard phones. Positive - we have a unified phone conferencing solution for the US. Negative - doesn't work internationally. Negative - the majority of the organization is unhappy with the solution - call quality is subpar and the app is buggy.,Mailchimp, VWO, DemandTools, Camtasia, Postman, BrowserStack, Adobe XD, Pantheon, JIRA Software, Squarespace8x8 Provides Great Value and Service8x8 is being used by everyone in my organization. Everyone has desktop phones. Our C-Level and other senior members use the 8x8 App on their iPhones and we also have the call center system. It has allowed us to stay connected wherever we are and to allow our users to work from home, the office and even from their car. If we have an electrical outage or a weather concern, our workforce is able to work remotely and seamlessly.,8x8 supplies us with great metrics, both live and historical, which allows us to manage our resources efficiently. 8x8 allows me to monitor call center calls and statistics wherever I am. 8x8 allows our users to have smart inboxes and voicemails are forwarded to their outlook inboxes.,I'd like to see better connectivity between the call center system and the desktop user. 4 digit dialing is a must for us but we are waiting for that functionality. I'd like 8x8 to understand that we are on the east coast and stop calling for follow up after our EST hours.,9,While it is more expensive to have a cloud system the advantages are improved up time, free upgrades and enhancements and one neck to choke should you have a problem (given we use there desktop system, call center system and their physical Polycom phones.,RingCentral, Five9 Virtual Contact Center and NICE inContact CXoneYou want hands-on reliability? 8x8 Virtual Office is for you!Communication is key to any organization or relationship, and 8x8 was the key cornerstone in helping Silverado achieve that. I was able to implement 8x8 on a company-wide level. This lead to an increase in company efficiency due to the sheer fact that it was easier to communicate to fellow employees, regardless of the location they were located in. 8x8 was able to address some longtime problems I inherited when I originally took over this project, and that was to cut costs, streamline communication, and essentially work "ad-hoc" to Silverado's needs at any given time.,Customizability. You can take as many or as few options your current situation needs. Ease of use. Regardless of a users' technical ability, the intuitiveness is on par with Apple products (Steve Jobs Era). Hands on. 8x8 is great if you are a power user. At Silverado, the company culture was one of doing everything in-house, and 8x8 played a part in that by being able to easily troubleshoot our own issues without needing to deal with customer support. This obviously lead to time and cost savings company-wide.,I have no feedback in this area. 8x8 has been a great solution for me, and at this time I have no suggestions for improvement.,10,Saved over 14k in operating expenses and costs the first year. Saved over 24k in operating expenses and costs the second year. Made acquisitions and mergers, on the communication side, efficient and seamless.,,Sfax, Adobe Acrobat DC
8x8 Virtual Office

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

8x8 Virtual Office
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018
Filter 47 vetted 8x8 Virtual Office reviews and ratings

Robbie Mancl profile photo
January 17, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 the flexible choice"

• Conference call feature is great. We have created multiple conference bridges, we even have one tied to our virtual attendant.
  • We like the flexibility of the auto attendant and being able to have more than one profile saved that we can change as needed
  • Having Virtual office was especially great when hurricane Irma came through last year and our office had no power, it allowed us to continue to operate from our cell phones without the customer realizing there was anything different.
  • The mobile app is good but can be too much at times, almost taking over the phone.
  • It would be nice if there was a way that when a voicemail is sent via email that it could mark it as listened to once the email has been opened.
  • The setup for the auto attendant is very intuitive, granted it works well once set up.
  • It would be nice if a call placed on hold could be picked up by another extension
This is great for small to medium businesses, giving you more freedom to be where you need to be and not always glued to the office. Larger companies can benefit from the fact that they can have multiple office locations all tied to the same system. Businesses that need a more personal touch may not need all the features that the Virtual Office provides.
Read Robbie Mancl's full review
Sam Shearin profile photo
February 08, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Great value with good traditional features, but antiquated technology and beware of hidden contracts terms..."

• Offers reliable traditional phone service for desk users
  • Voicemail system is flexible, allowing messages to get to the user even if they are not in the office easily and are easy to manage.
  • Low introductory price, good place to start if you're new to VoIP
  • Does not support texting, which is a problem in the modern work environment.
  • Call recording/archiving features are seriously lacking, small storage and poor/slow management interface. No auto-archiving or backup, just lots of fees.
  • Sales reps outright lie about 1-year contract terms and no ETF/cancellation fees to get you to sign up and then if you try to cancel after a year they hit you with huge undisclosed fees. Basically despite what any account manager will tell you are ALWAYS under contract, and you can only cancel on your anniversary month by giving 30-days notice (they force you to keep service for another month no matter what) to avoid being subject to a year's worth of service fees. Basically predatory contracts with undisclosed details on hyperlinks (so you never see them when you sign-up!!) that are only brought up if you try to cancel.
  • Call routing is a bit tricky, and some features are not available in the admin/management portal. You will have to call tech-support to accomplish complex routing (eg. two or more auto-attendants). Should have more options for call flow and really needs a way for the admin to manage shared voicemail boxes and individuals greetings via the web portal instead of just the desk phone.
Best suited for basic VoIP service (desk phones) in either a local office or small business with multiple locations. Not very well suited for a large corporation needing complex call routing or multiple menu call flows. Occasional (manual) call recording works fine, but not particularly well setup for always-on recording due to storage limitations and no ability to auto-archive onto a cloud storage service. Mobile is limited as well, works just fine for call-forwarding but would not recommend as the primary usage of system. So if you're looking for a traditional "land-line" office phone system it works great, and for the price it's hard to beat, but only with a contract discount... and the contracts are difficult if not impossible to get out of w/o paying high early termination fees.
Read Sam Shearin's full review
Kevin Scally profile photo
February 06, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 feels like a 4x4 - offroad and bumpy"

• Unified solution for setting up virtual meetings/conference calls - these meetings typically go smoothly and the application works well on desktop.
  • Active directory of team members.
  • Adding conference call information to Outlook emails via Outlook integration.
  • The application on devices often does not connect when you go to answer a call, so you're left trying to call someone back after essentially hanging up on them.
  • Instant messaging is extremely clunky and takes a very long time to load. Our team uses Slack or Microsoft Teams instead.
  • Versioning of the desktop application isn't consistent. I recently had to reinstall the application and, even though I am installing the newest version and there is no beta version for me to participate in, for some reason some of the functionality is now missing.
I would be hard-pressed to recommend 8x8 Virtual Office. My organization is unhappy with the solution - I hear team members complain about it at least once a week and we have been with the product for three+ years. I'm unaware of other solutions that exist in the market, so the only time I would recommend this is if another, more capable product doesn't exist that is within the same price range.
Read Kevin Scally's full review
Mark Weingarten profile photo
January 31, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 Provides Great Value and Service"

• 8x8 supplies us with great metrics, both live and historical, which allows us to manage our resources efficiently.
  • 8x8 allows me to monitor call center calls and statistics wherever I am.
  • 8x8 allows our users to have smart inboxes and voicemails are forwarded to their outlook inboxes.
  • I'd like to see better connectivity between the call center system and the desktop user. 4 digit dialing is a must for us but we are waiting for that functionality.
  • I'd like 8x8 to understand that we are on the east coast and stop calling for follow up after our EST hours.
It is well suited for any large or small company as it works well and is very scalable. I would recommend it for any size company or scenario.
Read Mark Weingarten's full review
Alex Garcia profile photo
January 24, 2019

Review: "You want hands-on reliability? 8x8 Virtual Office is for you!"

• Customizability. You can take as many or as few options your current situation needs.
  • Ease of use. Regardless of a users' technical ability, the intuitiveness is on par with Apple products (Steve Jobs Era).
  • Hands on. 8x8 is great if you are a power user. At Silverado, the company culture was one of doing everything in-house, and 8x8 played a part in that by being able to easily troubleshoot our own issues without needing to deal with customer support. This obviously lead to time and cost savings company-wide.
  • I have no feedback in this area. 8x8 has been a great solution for me, and at this time I have no suggestions for improvement.
8x8 is great if you are a hands-on type of person. In my experience, the people that are in charge of these types of systems tend to be extremely hands-on with the need for independence. If you aren't the independent, "take charge" type, then 8x8 wouldn't be right for you.
Read Alex Garcia's full review
Aaron Kendal profile photo
January 23, 2019

Review: "8X8 Virtual Office Delivers on VOIP Performance"

8x8 is used both for desktop and cell phones to provide a flawless call handling process and for sending and receiving faxes and text messaging. Voicemails and Faxes via 8X8 are automatically sent to email and then placed in the proper file, making accessing them in any location very easy. 8X8 also handles text messaging, which is useful as clients often text without bothering to know if a phone number can support texts or not. It makes handling calls away from the office as easy as being there, and clients do not know the difference.
  • Faxes and voicemail -- the quick sending of both to email makes for a very reliable method of not only processing, but also storing them as attachments which is vital.
  • Call reflecting from desk to cell phone is instantaneous, and very useful whenever one is away from the office but still needs to get client calls.
  • Very high-quality audio typically indistinguishable from a landline, in a much more affordable problem sliding package.
  • Their contact address book could use some improvement, but it is functional.
  • Having Fax be an immediate choice in the virtual office desktop app would make it a bit quicker to access faxes.
  • Occasional incomplete calls-- calls sometimes in out of office locations, using the cell phone app, drop without any immediate indication that a call was dropped, so a drop tone at the time a call is disconnected would be very useful as otherwise, you continue to speak only to realize later that the call had been dropped.
Very good for office and on-the-go use.
For faxes, it is a lifesaver for both sending and receiving, and the voicemail to email function is incredibly helpful.
Excellent for attorneys that need to travel and be in court but need connectivity at all times. It's very useful for immediately contacting clients with a result wherever you may be at the time. It also lets you know of voicemail and faxes when you are out of the office to allow for quickly addressing matters at all times.
Read Aaron Kendal's full review
Andy Breitsprecher profile photo
January 23, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office: "8x8 Review..."

Virtual Office is almost fully deployed across our entire global organization. Over the last year, we have been working to replace our aging Cisco system. We also have around 100 users leveraging the call center solution, Virtual Contact Center.
  • All services (Chat, Meeting, Phones) all in one application
  • 8x8 has been very flexible to work with as an organization and don't seem to be committed to strict arbitrary policies.
  • Does not require a VPN connection to use their solution.
  • The product is young, and we have identified several bugs in released versions of their product. Their internal test processes need help.
  • My company is a global organization, they have not had the proper dial patterns in place for much of the EU region. They don't seem prepared to support a global enterprise.
  • Their app seems a bit clunky on the back end and on many users PC's; it is consuming way more resources than it should.
For a North American based small business, 8x8 would be great. It can be managed by non-technical resources in a simple online Admin GUI. Setups and changes are simple. My company is still working with them to drive the product to what we consider to be a mature solution for our global business.
Read Andy Breitsprecher's full review
Shane Orr profile photo
January 16, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "A Great Alternative to a Standard Phone System!"

8x8 Virtual Office is being used throughout our small organization. It gives you everything that a standard phone system provides, with the additional benefit of mobility. It's a great alternative to being tied to prior phone technology and not being able to work as effectively away from your desk. You never have to miss those important calls!
  • The simple user interface allows administrators to easily set up the phone system and route calls based on groups.
  • 8x8 Virtual Office allows you to check work voicemail or answer business calls from anywhere.
  • 8x8 Virtual Office allows you to customize your phone experience so that it works better for you.
  • Since it's a VOIP system, you do have to have a working internet connection.
  • The cost of the system can be comparable to standard land line phone systems.
  • Having the ability for a receptionist to see who's already on the line is an additional cost.
8x8 Virtual Office is well-suited for offices that have a lot of mobile employees. Calls can be forwarded to a cell phone so that nobody has to miss an important call. In a traditional office setting, you do need a reliable internet connection so that calls aren't diverted directly to voice mail.
Read Shane Orr's full review
Joe Khoe profile photo
January 16, 2019

Review: "8x8 Virtual Office Is The Best VoIP Phone System"

We used it to communicate by voice, text, meetings, and fax while in the office or traveling around the world. The 8x8 Virtual Office app on our smartphone acts as a cordless extension of our desk phone, so we can answer/make calls from anywhere. Sometimes we let a person without a desk phone extension use the 8x8 app on their cell phone to share the same extension with 2 users. It is great to make calls on the app to reflect the caller ID of our company instead of the caller ID of our cell phone. Texting with our company extension number is great since we don't have to give out our personal cell phone numbers for texting anymore. Our sales people love Virtual Office since their caller ID reflects their DID number, so their potential clients can call them directly instead of having to call the main number to have their call routed by the receptionist. Faxing is instantly received and stored for a long time on Virtual Office. No need to come into the office to check the fax machine for an important document. We have saved time and money using 8x8 Virtual Office.
  • Great for communicating with your company employees.
  • Convenient for having meetings through the conference bridge.
  • Powerful phone system with many features that can be modified easily to adapt the phone system flexible customer needs.
  • Has everything you need to communicate with businesses in one place: voice, fax, text, meetings, etc.
  • Need the ability to send text attached files or pictures to contacts.
  • Need an easier way to block callers with a block phone number button similar to cell phones.
It is a must-have for salespeople or people on the move.
Read Joe Khoe's full review
Chianne Shepherd profile photo
January 09, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 is great for a work from home company!"

It has been used across our whole organization. Since we are a virtual company, it helps us to be able to dial each other using just an extension number, even though everyone is in a different location. We use it daily for our phone queue for support to answer customer inquiries.
  • Call Queue
  • Voicemail
  • Internal Communications
  • Missed Call Reporting
  • Queue login/logout details
  • Delayed ringing
It works great in a virtual office environment like we have where 100% of the company works from home. It is convenient to have us all on the same system and not using our cell phones. Since it’s reliant on internet though, if an office was all in one place, it may not make sense.
Read Chianne Shepherd's full review
Daniel Cameron profile photo
February 08, 2019

User Review: "8x8 Virtual Office"

We use this product for our direct office lines and on our mobile phones. This product allows us to have flexible office hours and work from remote locations while still having access to our office number.
  • The mobile app is extremely easy to use on the go
  • The set up was easy
  • The sound quality is great through the mobile app
  • The mobile app does not always connect for incoming calls. I am not sure where the issue is but it seems to be an issue for most of us.
The ability to have access to my office line when I am not physically in the office is great! The issue with the connection on the incoming calls on the mobile app is the only issue I have with the platform.
Read Daniel Cameron's full review
January 16, 2019

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Reliable Virtual Office"

8X8 is used by my whole organization. It is a useful tool for staying connected 24 hours a day. Since we work in the healthcare industry, it is important that we are always available to our team, as well as clients, and can be reached at any hour. 8x8 is also useful for conference calls and is accessible to all, even those who don't have an account.
  • The feedback collection system is easy and user-friendly. It collects a screenshot of your current page when you go to submit feedback, so it's easy to reference.
  • The integration of the 8x8 calendar with my phone/Outlook calendar is extremely helpful. Never missed a meeting!
  • Call quality is great!
  • I think the 8x8 mobile app for Android could be more visually appealing. More use of color, contrast, etc.
  • SMS service should not require a subscription.
  • Call quality is sometimes questionable. App has glitches where it freezes at times.
It is very well suited for teams/organizations of all sizes, particularly mid-sized companies that are more mobile. Well suited for travel. Downloading the app on a personal phone and connecting to your desk phone eliminates the need for a "work cell phone". This saves money and the hassle of carrying multiple phones.

I cannot think of a scenario where 8x8 use is not well suited.
January 23, 2019

User Review: "8x8 Virtual Office Is User Friendly"

8x8 Virtual Office is easy to install and user-friendly. Our entire organization uses 8x8 Virtual Office as part of our everyday business. Customer service at 8x8 has been helpful in our on-boarding process, and are there to assist with anything that we need. I can easily recommend 8x8 Virtual Office for any business, small or large.
  • seamless on-boarding process
  • user friendly user interface
  • helpful customer service
  • customer service can be difficult to reach at peak hours
8x8 Virtual Office is fine for a business of any size.
Ashish Shah profile photo
May 17, 2018

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Good product, works well for past 6 years"

As our employees split between multiple locations in 3 countries US (Mountain View, CA, Austin, TX), Canada (Surrey, BC), and India (Pune, MH), we use 8x8 to allow us to communicate internally and externally with our customers. The service is primarily used by all employees in US and Canada, sales, support, service delivery, managers and management alike. It allows us to communicate effectively with our North American customers seamlessly and provides an ability for them to reach any employee alike.
  • Ease of setup, activation, and getting started.
  • Excellent customer service especially follow up to close and resolve the issue.
  • Reliable service, good voice quality and hasn't failed ever in 6 years since we have been using it.
  • Screen sharing is not an asset and leaves lots to be desired.
  • Audio quality suffers in a meeting when connected via computer.
Great as a virtual attendant so as to support distributed teams, but not for a conference, video meetings, and screen shares yet.
Read Ashish Shah's full review
May 22, 2018

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Quality calls and happy sales people!"

We are using it as our entire phone infrastructure. Our sales team relies on our phone systems constantly, and we need reliable software to meet our goals. 8x8 integrates seamlessly into our CRM and lets us worry about sales. Conferencing is also much smoother since we started.
  • Conferencing is less laggy
  • Sound quality is improved
  • Call bandwidth is fantastic.
  • Softphone freezes sometimes
  • The android app could use some updates
We were using another VoIP service before and we constantly have to restart meetings due to sound quality. After 2 hours of conferences, the sound would completely go out and you couldn't understand anyone.

After switching over to 8x8, that never happens. 4-5 hour calls are now bearable.
Troy Alcorn profile photo
September 13, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Easy and effective IP phone system"

We are using our 8x8 IP phone for the entire business organization. Using my 8x8 IP phone, I can change locations and keep my business number constant. It also gives me the ability to access my voicemail and phone account on the web or from my cell phone.
  • I haven't had any issues with it since it was installed, so I don't have any interactions with customer service really. The reliability has been exceptional.
  • I think the voicemail system could use a little work. It is robust but the menus are a bit confusing. It is hard to know if a different recorded message is set to play or not.
I believe an IP phone system has many pros and few cons. You can take it with you where ever you go, all you have to do is plug it in and it connects.
Read Troy Alcorn's full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
September 08, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Underwhelming"

I own a realty with branches in two cities. A phone number is assigned to each branch, but all phone calls are routed to my mobile. I have a fax number which is used sparingly - most transactions are completed electronically, so rarely do I receive faxes. 8x8 has a mobile app which I have used in both Android and Apple worlds. Admittedly, I haven't delved into the support materials to see if there are additional productivity or communication tools. That said, I question the relevancy of VoIP in today's business world. So much communication is done by text or email, and this can all be facilitated from my mobile. Every industry's needs are different - for me, there's less and lees need for VoIP in my world.
  • Mobile app
  • Call Forwarding
  • Fax
  • More tutorials
  • Make the systems more intuitive
  • Lower costs
8x8 is accessible through a mobile app: I can call and fax from the field. Getting the most of the system has been difficult because the training materials are not very helpful or easy to use.
Read Robert Foreman's full review
Tim Kyse profile photo
September 08, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office: "8x8 Review"

We use 8x8 as our phone system for every employee in our company. For our business, 8x8 allows us to have a unified phone system that can be used on our desktop, mobile or hard phone
  • Call Quality
  • Reliability
  • Mobile APP
  • Their Desktop app doesn't always work correctly. Sometimes callers, cannot hear us and vice versa when the desktop app is used.
Any office size with 20 + employees
Read Tim Kyse's full review
April 05, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Awesome 8x8"

8x8 is used for all of our conference lines at work in each room. Anytime a client needs to call in, they use the number provided by 8x8. All of their numbers are set up on our Polycoms (VoIP phones) and it's flawless! Great service for a growing startup; once it's set up, you can forget about it!
  • Setup
  • Customer Support
  • Managing platform
In a business environment where you want a phone setup with a number, or a virtual setup on a desktop, 8x8 is the way to go. The virtual app is really great! It has a Do Not Disturb (DND) mode for when you're busy and you can just use the computers config (mic and sound) to run it. Awesome!
Long Nguyen profile photo
May 19, 2015

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 will make your VOIP headaches go away!"

8x8 is used across our entire company of 400+ people. In the past, setting up voip phones was a pain due to the limitation of a physical phone and the dependency of our physical Cisco PBX system. Now, we can elastically and dynamically issue new accounts for users without setting up a physical phone thanks to Virtual Office. In addition, we do not have to host a physical PBX voip system which is a huge plus when we're a fast cloud company.
  • Virtual office is great! Users can use the application on their laptop or cell phones at any given time as long as they have internet connection.
  • Less IT ticket request since there are hardly any problems with Virtual Office.
  • Faxing is great too since users can have their own fax number and have it delivered to their emails.
  • 8x8 quality is great but once in awhile we'll get a complain about the quality for a few accounts.
  • 8x8's Virtual Office UI is starting to get better so please keep it up! In the past, the UI wasn't very friendly.
If 8x8 understands the current VOIP system of a company and provides a better solution that would reduce IT headaches, that would be a huge plus!
Read Long Nguyen's full review
Raymond Goins profile photo
June 24, 2014

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Using Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco SPA-8000 Devices with 8x8 for Faxing"

We purchased 3 Cisco SPA-122 devices and 1 Cisco SPA-8000 device from 8x8 to test out 5 new fax lines (3 incoming and 2 outgoing) vs. using local Charter numbers with GFI Faxmaker 14. We started our test back in January and February 2014. We did this to compare cost, QoS and overall network overhead against hosting and running GFI Faxmaker 14 internally. Initially, we encountered no issues purchasing or setting up the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices and we were happy because it was cheaper to go with 8x8 than GFI Faxmaker 14. However, about a month into the test, we started to encounter frequent line congestion/noise and disconnect with the Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco-8000 devices and we eventually had to restart the devices every day during non-business hours in order to reset the device and purge out pending faxes. For 3 weeks, we tried to get replacement devices from 8x8 but they wouldn't send us any because we were considered residential customers and defective equipment for residential customers wasn't covered under warranty replacement. Finally, after 2 weeks of contact from support and lack of concern from 8x8, we cancelled our service with 8x8 and went back to using Charter and GFI Faxmaker.
  • No issues purchasing the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices.
  • No issues setting up the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices.
  • Cheaper to go with 8x8 service and the Cisco SPA-122 or Cisco SPA-8000 devices than hosting GFI Faxmaker 14 yourself.
  • Frequent line congestion/noise and disconnect with the Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco-8000 devices which require you to restart the devices daily
  • Lack of concern from Customer Support
  • Defective equipment for residential customers isn't covered under warranty replacement.
If you need a flexible and cost effective solution for faxing, then 8x8 may be an option for you if you are a small business, startup or non-profit organization that doesn't require high quality of service (QoS) or rarely sends out faxes.
Read Raymond Goins's full review
October 20, 2015

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 gets an 8/10! Recommended!"

We currently utilize 8x8 in our customer service department, of which I used to be a member, and across the entire company with Virtual Office. It solved a huge problem with our previous phone system. Now, nobody needs a physical phone. We each have our personal office lines directly through our laptops, we can set up call forwarding to our cell phones if need be, and make calls anywhere. No need to fumble around with cords, wires, headsets, etc. I was without a cell phone for a full week in September and Virtual Office saved me.
  • Portability! Having an "office phone" built into my laptop is unbelievably convenient. I can be at a coffee shop, on the road, at home, etc. and never miss a call.
  • Reliability. Bugs in the software seem to be VERY few and far between.
  • Customer service. When we had to reach out to 8x8 when I worked in support, the reps we worked with were very responsive and always available. That's always a huge plus when working with software.
  • Outdated UI. Aesthetically, 8x8 is not overly impressive. If you told me nothing about the software and only showed me some screenshots, I might venture to guess that it's a software from the mid 90s.
  • Lacking intuitive UX. I'm someone that typically picks up a software very fast. When I first started with 8x8, I recall stumbling through my first couple of weeks of interaction. That tells me that the UX could use some work.
8x8 is well suited for companies that are seeking connectivity regardless of location. Companies that have employees who travel consistently would benefit from Virtual Office.

Hosted PBX (14)
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (11)
User templates (12)
6.6
Call reports (13)
Directory of employee names (15)
Answering rules (14)
Call recording (13)
Call park (12)
Call screening (10)
Message alerts (15)
Video conferencing (10)
Audio conferencing (13)
Mobile app for iOS (12)
Mobile app for Android (11)

About 8x8 Virtual Office