8x8 Virtual Office is a unified business phone and VoIP communications service. It includes features such as instant messaging, softphone, video calling, web conferencing, call recording, visual voicemail. Prices range from $22-$175 per user per month, depending on amount of features desired.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/WM/5s/73A8KLOZH0LG.PNGGood product, works well for past 6 yearsAs our employees split between multiple locations in 3 countries US (Mountain View, CA, Austin, TX), Canada (Surrey, BC), and India (Pune, MH), we use 8x8 to allow us to communicate internally and externally with our customers. The service is primarily used by all employees in US and Canada, sales, support, service delivery, managers and management alike. It allows us to communicate effectively with our North American customers seamlessly and provides an ability for them to reach any employee alike.,Ease of setup, activation, and getting started. Excellent customer service especially follow up to close and resolve the issue. Reliable service, good voice quality and hasn't failed ever in 6 years since we have been using it.,Screen sharing is not an asset and leaves lots to be desired. Audio quality suffers in a meeting when connected via computer.,8,It has successfully exceeded our objectives of smoother, bright, and straightforward communication platform for distributed teams. Ability to support customers from within their time zone.,RingCentral,ZoomQuality calls and happy sales people!We are using it as our entire phone infrastructure. Our sales team relies on our phone systems constantly, and we need reliable software to meet our goals. 8x8 integrates seamlessly into our CRM and lets us worry about sales. Conferencing is also much smoother since we started.,Conferencing is less laggy Sound quality is improved Call bandwidth is fantastic.,Softphone freezes sometimes The android app could use some updates,9,Less time wasted in meetings CRM integration means I can quickly call prospects without having to leave CRM,3CX Phone System,HubSpot, Gusto, Microsoft Office 365Easy and effective IP phone systemWe are using our 8x8 IP phone for the entire business organization. Using my 8x8 IP phone, I can change locations and keep my business number constant. It also gives me the ability to access my voicemail and phone account on the web or from my cell phone.,I haven't had any issues with it since it was installed, so I don't have any interactions with customer service really. The reliability has been exceptional.,I think the voicemail system could use a little work. It is robust but the menus are a bit confusing. It is hard to know if a different recorded message is set to play or not.,10,The impact on my business was a positive one. I was trying to operate with 2 cell phones and it just wasn't working. I needed a desk phone and a number that would stay the same for the business. I can also add more lines as we grow and they can be anywhere with an internet connection. As a small business, I work primarily out of my home office and my employees can do the same with this system.,,QuickBooks Pro, ZendeskUnderwhelmingI own a realty with branches in two cities. A phone number is assigned to each branch, but all phone calls are routed to my mobile. I have a fax number which is used sparingly - most transactions are completed electronically, so rarely do I receive faxes. 8x8 has a mobile app which I have used in both Android and Apple worlds. Admittedly, I haven't delved into the support materials to see if there are additional productivity or communication tools. That said, I question the relevancy of VoIP in today's business world. So much communication is done by text or email, and this can all be facilitated from my mobile. Every industry's needs are different - for me, there's less and lees need for VoIP in my world.,Mobile app Call Forwarding Fax,More tutorials Make the systems more intuitive Lower costs,5,It has neither had a positive or negative impact.,OneDrive, Google Drive, inMotion8x8 ReviewWe use 8x8 as our phone system for every employee in our company. For our business, 8x8 allows us to have a unified phone system that can be used on our desktop, mobile or hard phone,Call Quality Reliability Mobile APP,Their Desktop app doesn't always work correctly. Sometimes callers, cannot hear us and vice versa when the desktop app is used.,9,No positive or negative impact, just a necessary need of the business,None,Zendesk, Zopim by Zendesk, Talkdesk, Teamwork Projects
8x8 Virtual Office

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

8x8 Virtual Office
Top Rated Award
Filter 33 vetted 8x8 Virtual Office reviews and ratings
Ashish Shah profile photo
May 17, 2018

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Good product, works well for past 6 years"

• Ease of setup, activation, and getting started.
  • Excellent customer service especially follow up to close and resolve the issue.
  • Reliable service, good voice quality and hasn't failed ever in 6 years since we have been using it.
  • Screen sharing is not an asset and leaves lots to be desired.
  • Audio quality suffers in a meeting when connected via computer.
Great as a virtual attendant so as to support distributed teams, but not for a conference, video meetings, and screen shares yet.
Read Ashish Shah's full review
May 22, 2018

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Quality calls and happy sales people!"

• Conferencing is less laggy
  • Sound quality is improved
  • Call bandwidth is fantastic.
  • Softphone freezes sometimes
  • The android app could use some updates
We were using another VoIP service before and we constantly have to restart meetings due to sound quality. After 2 hours of conferences, the sound would completely go out and you couldn't understand anyone.

After switching over to 8x8, that never happens. 4-5 hour calls are now bearable.
Troy Alcorn profile photo
September 13, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Easy and effective IP phone system"

• I haven't had any issues with it since it was installed, so I don't have any interactions with customer service really. The reliability has been exceptional.
  • I think the voicemail system could use a little work. It is robust but the menus are a bit confusing. It is hard to know if a different recorded message is set to play or not.
I believe an IP phone system has many pros and few cons. You can take it with you where ever you go, all you have to do is plug it in and it connects.
Read Troy Alcorn's full review
Robert Foreman profile photo
September 08, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Underwhelming"

• Mobile app
  • Call Forwarding
  • Fax
  • More tutorials
  • Make the systems more intuitive
  • Lower costs
8x8 is accessible through a mobile app: I can call and fax from the field. Getting the most of the system has been difficult because the training materials are not very helpful or easy to use.
Read Robert Foreman's full review
Tim Kyse profile photo
September 08, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office: "8x8 Review"

• Call Quality
  • Reliability
  • Mobile APP
  • Their Desktop app doesn't always work correctly. Sometimes callers, cannot hear us and vice versa when the desktop app is used.
Any office size with 20 + employees
Read Tim Kyse's full review
April 05, 2017

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Awesome 8x8"

8x8 is used for all of our conference lines at work in each room. Anytime a client needs to call in, they use the number provided by 8x8. All of their numbers are set up on our Polycoms (VoIP phones) and it's flawless! Great service for a growing startup; once it's set up, you can forget about it!
  • Setup
  • Customer Support
  • Managing platform
In a business environment where you want a phone setup with a number, or a virtual setup on a desktop, 8x8 is the way to go. The virtual app is really great! It has a Do Not Disturb (DND) mode for when you're busy and you can just use the computers config (mic and sound) to run it. Awesome!
Long Nguyen profile photo
May 19, 2015

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 will make your VOIP headaches go away!"

8x8 is used across our entire company of 400+ people. In the past, setting up voip phones was a pain due to the limitation of a physical phone and the dependency of our physical Cisco PBX system. Now, we can elastically and dynamically issue new accounts for users without setting up a physical phone thanks to Virtual Office. In addition, we do not have to host a physical PBX voip system which is a huge plus when we're a fast cloud company.
  • Virtual office is great! Users can use the application on their laptop or cell phones at any given time as long as they have internet connection.
  • Less IT ticket request since there are hardly any problems with Virtual Office.
  • Faxing is great too since users can have their own fax number and have it delivered to their emails.
  • 8x8 quality is great but once in awhile we'll get a complain about the quality for a few accounts.
  • 8x8's Virtual Office UI is starting to get better so please keep it up! In the past, the UI wasn't very friendly.
If 8x8 understands the current VOIP system of a company and provides a better solution that would reduce IT headaches, that would be a huge plus!
Read Long Nguyen's full review
Raymond Goins profile photo
June 24, 2014

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "Using Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco SPA-8000 Devices with 8x8 for Faxing"

We purchased 3 Cisco SPA-122 devices and 1 Cisco SPA-8000 device from 8x8 to test out 5 new fax lines (3 incoming and 2 outgoing) vs. using local Charter numbers with GFI Faxmaker 14. We started our test back in January and February 2014. We did this to compare cost, QoS and overall network overhead against hosting and running GFI Faxmaker 14 internally. Initially, we encountered no issues purchasing or setting up the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices and we were happy because it was cheaper to go with 8x8 than GFI Faxmaker 14. However, about a month into the test, we started to encounter frequent line congestion/noise and disconnect with the Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco-8000 devices and we eventually had to restart the devices every day during non-business hours in order to reset the device and purge out pending faxes. For 3 weeks, we tried to get replacement devices from 8x8 but they wouldn't send us any because we were considered residential customers and defective equipment for residential customers wasn't covered under warranty replacement. Finally, after 2 weeks of contact from support and lack of concern from 8x8, we cancelled our service with 8x8 and went back to using Charter and GFI Faxmaker.
  • No issues purchasing the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices.
  • No issues setting up the Cisco SPA-122 and SPA-8000 devices.
  • Cheaper to go with 8x8 service and the Cisco SPA-122 or Cisco SPA-8000 devices than hosting GFI Faxmaker 14 yourself.
  • Frequent line congestion/noise and disconnect with the Cisco SPA-122 and Cisco-8000 devices which require you to restart the devices daily
  • Lack of concern from Customer Support
  • Defective equipment for residential customers isn't covered under warranty replacement.
If you need a flexible and cost effective solution for faxing, then 8x8 may be an option for you if you are a small business, startup or non-profit organization that doesn't require high quality of service (QoS) or rarely sends out faxes.
Read Raymond Goins's full review
October 20, 2015

8x8 Virtual Office Review: "8x8 gets an 8/10! Recommended!"

We currently utilize 8x8 in our customer service department, of which I used to be a member, and across the entire company with Virtual Office. It solved a huge problem with our previous phone system. Now, nobody needs a physical phone. We each have our personal office lines directly through our laptops, we can set up call forwarding to our cell phones if need be, and make calls anywhere. No need to fumble around with cords, wires, headsets, etc. I was without a cell phone for a full week in September and Virtual Office saved me.
  • Portability! Having an "office phone" built into my laptop is unbelievably convenient. I can be at a coffee shop, on the road, at home, etc. and never miss a call.
  • Reliability. Bugs in the software seem to be VERY few and far between.
  • Customer service. When we had to reach out to 8x8 when I worked in support, the reps we worked with were very responsive and always available. That's always a huge plus when working with software.
  • Outdated UI. Aesthetically, 8x8 is not overly impressive. If you told me nothing about the software and only showed me some screenshots, I might venture to guess that it's a software from the mid 90s.
  • Lacking intuitive UX. I'm someone that typically picks up a software very fast. When I first started with 8x8, I recall stumbling through my first couple of weeks of interaction. That tells me that the UX could use some work.
8x8 is well suited for companies that are seeking connectivity regardless of location. Companies that have employees who travel consistently would benefit from Virtual Office.

Hosted PBX (5)
9.8
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR) (4)
User templates (5)
Call reports (5)
Directory of employee names (4)
Answering rules (4)
Call recording (4)
Call park (3)
Call screening (3)
Message alerts (5)
Video conferencing (3)
Audio conferencing (4)
Mobile app for iOS (3)
Mobile app for Android (3)

About 8x8 Virtual Office