Reviews (1-5 of 5)
May 28, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Kintone is being used by our organization and our partners as an education management system where our partners can log their students, assessments, and attendance into the system. With this information, we can make specialized reports for each partner and user.
- Easy-to-use process management system.
- Customizable dashboard for different users.
- Able to make some Kintone applications public online so no login will be required.
- Ability to export applications as a mobile app and brand it.
- More supports for SQL databases (currently we have to use Zapier or API call).
Read James Coleman's full review
Kintone is excellent if all the users will be in the organization and there is not a need for outside users. It has a lot of customization features (some you may have to look hard to find them), which I think is an edge over other systems like this.
May 21, 2020
We have been using kintone Application Builder organization-wide. It helps us:
- Onboard new volunteers
- Streamline our communications
- Manage our clients and applications
- Manage donations/grants
- Complete program evaluation and reporting
- Forms - huge improvement from basic Google Forms for collecting data
- Flexibility with data management - users can easily create and manipulate their own applications and how they want their data to be managed
- Permissions - it makes it very easy for different levels of users to have access to certain information/apps and not to others that don't apply to their role
- Importing/Transitioning to kintone can take some time - it is easy once you learn it, but that process does take time
- Portal organization - this is currently being updated but still has room for improvement
- Translation options - I wish there were more languages available for translation
Read Allison Flors's full review
Kintone Application Builder is well suited for organizations or groups that have the time/buy-in for committing to learning and building a new system. The kintone staff is incredible and does help a lot with the start-up and getting you started, but you do have to make sure the people who will be using it have basic tech literacy and are willing to embrace using it for most operations. I think that's when it is most effective.
May 28, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We use kintone throughout all departments. It addresses any business solution where we need to replace a paper/phone/email process or where we need auditing or process management in place.
- Ease of use and programming
- There are certain types of fields that you can't utilize like other fields. It would be nice if they were all the same.
- Sometimes useful features are something you have to purchase ad-hoc through another company.
Read this authenticated review
I think kintone Application Builder is best suited for small to medium companies who cannot hire programmers or for larger companies where they'd like to let some departments program their own applications.
May 28, 2020
It is being used to enhance collaboration amongst multiple agencies that engage with the homeless community. kintone Application Builder is primarily used by homeless service providers and helps address the need to collaborate with other service providers outside the agency as it pertains to shared clients.
- Excellent customer service. They were readily available to walk us through the entire process from start to finish.
- User friendly. They clearly understand how their clients are using the system and make it legible and easy to use.
- Because we are a nonprofit, it is extremely affordable. We only paid $300 annually for 50 users, which allowed us to pilot the program with minimal risk.
- Our particular need required outside apps, which costs additional fees. It would be nice if they developed those products internally and had them available without the apps/plugins.
- There were limitations on how we could customize the front-end experience for a look and feel. While it still had all the functionality, we had a vision for how users would interact with our database that we couldn't make possible.
Read this authenticated review
We actually did recommend kintone Application Builder to other local nonprofits that had trouble with collaboration and data tracking, and they are still using it today.
January 30, 2018
I build custom business applications on behalf of clients.
- No-code, low-code business applications. Just drag & drop.
- Rapid/agile software development.
- Reporting/Printing should be improved.
- Support for partial queries.
- Data update automation such as ages, dates to due date, etc.
Read Mamoru Fujinoki, PMP, CSM, ITILF, LSSGB's full review
It is suitable for any business data currently managed with Excel sheets. It can convert to business software with a few clicks. It is not suitable for complicated business systems such as accounting or manufacturing processes.
Kintone Scorecard Summary
Kintone is designed to help users build business applications and database apps faster and easier with its agile, no-code application as a service (aPaaS). kintone's open API can be used to connect the tools and services a company is already using in order to have a centralized, 360-degree view of their business.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Professional||$24||per user / per month|
|Enterprise||Contact Us||per user / per month|
Kintone Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Kintone Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Over 3, 000 companies globally use kintone to rapidly build applications.|
|Supported Languages:||Localization feature available for all languages.|