https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/0I/2D/LB25RQ82W2PF.PNGgood and happy with it but there's lots of room for improvement.[It's] Used for the commercial website to test all aspects. We're able to seamlessly start testing in minutes.,Quick setup Lots of functionalities within the app Good support,Analytical reporting WYSIWIG editor and freedom of code tests Spikes/notifications/intelligence,7,Improves generating leads Learning about customers Generating ideas,I don't use it - I don't find it robust. I use a separate vendor for heatmaps, click tracking and cursor tracking.,I have not used it. I use a separate vendor for recording visitors.,I find it difficult to set up.,OptimizelyLook no further than Visual Website Optimizer for an affordable, first-class tool!We utilize VWO for many of our site enhancements to better understand the impact on customers and ensure our hypothesis around each change is correct. It allows us to quickly set up and run two-tailed tests. Reaching significance is clearly defined with Revenue Per Visitor and Conversions and allows us to clearly see the chance to win or lose so we feel confident the new changes are warranted. We've been able to reduce abandonment rates and improve overall conversions by page and by product type with this service.,The set up, configuration and previewing of tests is quick and easy. Checking results throughout the test cycle is clear and easy to report and understand how much more time is needed for the test to run. Calling a test and implementing the changes is done with confidence.,There are some minor adjustments where changing the title of the control or variation or even the test can present an alert that a change was made which can't be cleared. I understand alerting when something may affect the data results but label changes in the VWO portal should not affect the metrics and therefore shouldn't add an alert message to the test. We're just getting started with their analysis set of tools to better understand customer interactions through click and heat map data but there could be improvement. For example, I've had challenges ensuring the tool showed the total available data for a particular page which required some regular expressions to ensure the total was displayed. It's a bit awkward to get working properly.,10,Providing a clear solution for testing our proposed changes has been invaluable. It's easy to assume the proposed changes will make a positive impact but if those decisions aren't backed by solid data the results can be harmful. VWO gives us the confidence and we've been able to confidently implement changes that have boosted conversions and RPV significantly. The speed at which we implement changes has improved thanks to VWO. Before we made changes with another testing tool or via sequential measurement and sometimes had to revert our changes and go back to the drawing board. Now we see if our changes are not having the positive impact, stop the test, make adjustments per the data and start a new test.,Optimizely,SOASTA CloudTest, ReflektionMy impressions of VWOWe develop test plans for clients. Our clients can select any testing tool they'd like, and when they select Visual Website Optimizer (VWO), we help implement and monitor the tests for them. We then analyze the results and create follow-up tests.,Easy to implement Easy to monitor tests Much simpler to learn than other testing tools Affordable,9,Always a positive impact on our clients' bottom line. They are able to quickly set up split tests and achieve quantifiable results that improve their bottom line.,,Hotjar, Attention Wizard, UserTestingVisual Website Optimizer: Improve Conversion Rates with this Robust ToolWe use Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) to run tests on our lead gen sites in order to improve conversion rates. The Marketing Department identifies pages that we would like to improve and then we set up A/B split tests to test enhancements to these pages.,Once it's set up, one of the best features of VWO is that the WYSIWYG editor allows us to make comprehensive revisions to the layout, images and content without needing to get designers or IT involved. Of course, we use these resources on the more important tests, but this flexibility makes the testing process much smoother. I think that the heatmaps/clickmaps are a very cool feature. VWO gives us the option of collecting clickmap data with every test that that we run. This data is fantastic to have as it shows us what elements on the page are getting the most attention from visitors. We can then adjust these elements in future tests to draw more or less attention, as needed. Not only does VWO support A/B split tests, multivariate tests and split URL tests, but it also lets us segment the traffic that sees a test by different criteria such as geo location and traffic source. Also, when running tests concurrently, we can prevent visitors that see one test from seeing another. This is a great feature because it allows us to speed up our testing process without skewing results with "cross-over" visits. The revenue tracking feature is not one that we currently use since our sites are built for lead generation. But I've used this feature with e-commerce sites before and it is very helpful to see the impact on revenue in addition to the impact on conversion rates, especially when your products or services have different price points. VWO support is outstanding. They have always responded to my questions and requests quickly, and have assisting in helping us solve complicated technical issues.,I really don't have anything bad to say about VWO. If I nit pick, I would say that I'd like to see graphs displayed in the dashboard so that we can get a snapshot view of our tests without having to click into the test details. I also wish that it would save a snapshot of the test variations instead of pulling them live. After a test has run its course, we sometimes update the page and, in doing so, we lose an example of what the original variation looked like. I capture screenshots before updating the pages, but it would be great if VWO did this for me.,9,We have seen double digit improvements to our conversion rates in some of our successful VWO tests. This results in more leads from the same amount of traffic. And when traffic increases, the gains compound! VWO has allowed us to be much more efficient in our testing process, which has lead to more tests being run and sustained incremental gains to our sites' conversion rates.,UnBounce,Google Analytics,10,Implemented in-houseVWO is the way to goTrinity Insight uses VWO to implement and conduct A/B/n and Multivariate tests, heat maps and click maps, and geo-targeting initiatives. VWO is utilized by our Engineering Dept. and allows us to help our clients test and target pain points of their website's goal funnels to collect data that will assist them in making more informed decisions about the evolution of their business.,Great UI and features available for beginners or advanced developers. Excellent support with great response time. Created by a company that is very forward thinking.,Complete integration with Universal Analytics.,8,The positive impact that VWO has had for us has been giving us the ability to take a data-driven approach to improving processes and user experience on our clients websites.,Optimizely,10,Implemented in-house
VWO

VWO Reviews<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

VWO
Top Rated Award
Filter 129 vetted VWO reviews and ratings
August 17, 2018

VWO Review: "good and happy with it but there's lots of room for improvement."

• Quick setup
  • Lots of functionalities within the app
  • Good support
  • Analytical reporting
  • WYSIWIG editor and freedom of code tests
  • Spikes/notifications/intelligence
Basic tests are very easy to set up and implement. There is room for improvement for larger scale, page redesign tests.
Bill Finch profile photo
December 15, 2017

VWO Review: "Look no further than Visual Website Optimizer for an affordable, first-class tool!"

• The set up, configuration and previewing of tests is quick and easy.
  • Checking results throughout the test cycle is clear and easy to report and understand how much more time is needed for the test to run.
  • Calling a test and implementing the changes is done with confidence.
  • There are some minor adjustments where changing the title of the control or variation or even the test can present an alert that a change was made which can't be cleared. I understand alerting when something may affect the data results but label changes in the VWO portal should not affect the metrics and therefore shouldn't add an alert message to the test.
  • We're just getting started with their analysis set of tools to better understand customer interactions through click and heat map data but there could be improvement. For example, I've had challenges ensuring the tool showed the total available data for a particular page which required some regular expressions to ensure the total was displayed. It's a bit awkward to get working properly.
Visual Website Optimizer is a great tool for anyone on the team to be able to set up and track multivariate changes. It has flexibility for more control and variations by front-end devs and engineers using JavaScript and CSS as well. The ability to segment tests to particular audiences is also very easy. It even provides an estimate based on the changes in a variation as to how long it will need to run to gain significance.
Read Bill Finch's full review
Robyn Benensohn profile photo
September 16, 2016

User Review: "My impressions of VWO"

• Easy to monitor tests
  • Much simpler to learn than other testing tools
  • Affordable
It's perfect for a client who is just starting a testing program, or who wants to implement tests in-house rather than outsourcing. It's also priced affordably for entry-level clients.
Read Robyn Benensohn's full review
Jose Terrier profile photo
April 08, 2015

VWO: "Visual Website Optimizer: Improve Conversion Rates with this Robust Tool"

• Once it's set up, one of the best features of VWO is that the WYSIWYG editor allows us to make comprehensive revisions to the layout, images and content without needing to get designers or IT involved. Of course, we use these resources on the more important tests, but this flexibility makes the testing process much smoother.
  • I think that the heatmaps/clickmaps are a very cool feature. VWO gives us the option of collecting clickmap data with every test that that we run. This data is fantastic to have as it shows us what elements on the page are getting the most attention from visitors. We can then adjust these elements in future tests to draw more or less attention, as needed.
  • Not only does VWO support A/B split tests, multivariate tests and split URL tests, but it also lets us segment the traffic that sees a test by different criteria such as geo location and traffic source. Also, when running tests concurrently, we can prevent visitors that see one test from seeing another. This is a great feature because it allows us to speed up our testing process without skewing results with "cross-over" visits.
  • The revenue tracking feature is not one that we currently use since our sites are built for lead generation. But I've used this feature with e-commerce sites before and it is very helpful to see the impact on revenue in addition to the impact on conversion rates, especially when your products or services have different price points.
  • VWO support is outstanding. They have always responded to my questions and requests quickly, and have assisting in helping us solve complicated technical issues.
  • I really don't have anything bad to say about VWO. If I nit pick, I would say that I'd like to see graphs displayed in the dashboard so that we can get a snapshot view of our tests without having to click into the test details.
  • I also wish that it would save a snapshot of the test variations instead of pulling them live. After a test has run its course, we sometimes update the page and, in doing so, we lose an example of what the original variation looked like. I capture screenshots before updating the pages, but it would be great if VWO did this for me.
VWO requires very minimal coding to set up. Typically, the set up can be handled by someone who is proficient in HTML without needing to get the IT team involved. Since VWO allows you to do things like drag and drop page elements in its WYSIWYG editor, switch out images and content easily, a marketer with a good eye can make many of these changes with limited resources.
Read Jose Terrier's full review
Jeremy Weis profile photo
April 08, 2015

User Review: "VWO is the way to go"

• Great UI and features available for beginners or advanced developers.
  • Excellent support with great response time.
  • Created by a company that is very forward thinking.
  • Complete integration with Universal Analytics.
Heat maps are sometimes challenging as you cannot use a regular expression to collect heat map data across multiple pages. You're only allowed 1 page at a time.
Read Jeremy Weis's full review
Heather Marra profile photo
February 11, 2015

VWO: "Visual Website Optimizer Review"

Currently we use VWO to conduct AB Tests on our site. I am running AB tests part time and conduct meetings with the owners of the company on a weekly basis to discuss results and future tests. AB Testing has allowed us to confidently make changes to our website and increase the quality of usability with our visitors.
  • Easy to use and set up goals
  • Only one tracking code needs to be installed
  • Will alert you when a metric has reached statistical significance
  • The editor seems finicky at times, some elements need to be coded in the variation to work properly
  • I rarely get a correct preview of my variation, I have to view it in the editor to see it
  • After a test is completed and stopped, some of the data may be lost, I have noticed days missing from several reports, so always document results outside of VWO
When choosing a testing platform, it is important to know what kind of tests you want to run and the level of difficulty there is to run them. Also you will want to know if you will be assigned a dedicated tech for support and how long it takes to receive a reply.
Read Heather Marra's full review
Olaf Pijl profile photo
December 30, 2014

VWO Review: "Flexible, Easy, and Powerful Optimization Tool - for Testing Addicts without a Tech Team"

I use Visual Website Optimizer to increase traffic, sales and leads for our clients, as well as our own website. It allowed us to easily test hypothesis and share these with clients. The graphic representation makes it easy for clients to buy into our ideas. If we disagree, we put it to the test. I prefer Visual Website Optimizer over other tools, because of: 1) ease of use, 2) flexible editing tool, without the need for coding, and 3) flexible and customizable tracking methods.
  • Rules based, allowing advanced segmentation
  • Very easy to create new tests, or modify testing content
  • Very flexible in ways to conduct and measure your test
  • Push notifications to mobile devices
  • Tie-in business results with back office (e.g. uplift on revenue, conversion attribution for long sales channels, etc.)
The vendor is quick to respond and provide custom solutions. Feel free to ask them if you need more info!
Read Olaf Pijl's full review
Stu Bowker profile photo
December 18, 2014

User Review: "VWO, Yes not No!"

Using VWO has been of great benefit to both Lone Goat and our clients. We've helped clients smash through a series of conversion 'road blocks' leading to increased KPIs. The immense flexibility of VWO and the support of their team have made all this possible.
  • It's a very simple system to use with some very advanced/flexible features.
  • The support team is very knowledgeable and on-hand to provide assistance when required.
  • The pricing plans are very generous as well as flexible if required.
  • Some of the advanced functions that really help to make this a great product are sometimes hidden and you may not know of their existence until after speaking with support.
They can cater for any budget and the help section is very informative. The WYSIWYG function is great for beginners with HTML, JavaScript and CSS editing available for the more advanced users.
Read Stu Bowker's full review
Tom Kerwin profile photo
May 23, 2014

Review: "VWO: Very Worthy Option if you want to move fast, tweak as you go and do it yourself."

We're using VWO primarily for Conversion Rate Optimisation work at the moment. We are also planning to split test in-product user experience features, but we're not sure it's going to do the job for that. I'm the main person who uses VWO, although test ideas are generated across the company and testing elements are designed and developed by whole the front end team. Before I arrived at the company, they were attempting to split test using a rudimentary in-house platform. VWO helps us to test ideas significantly faster and gives more control and visibility of the data.
  • It's great for getting tests set up quickly. As soon as you've added the one piece of JS across your site, you can start testing simple ideas in minutes.
  • It displays actionable results attractively and in a way that's accessible to non-statisticians.
  • It gives you good control over segmentation. If you need to, you can use custom JS, cookies and other technical trickery to get very fine-grained control over segmentation. At the moment we're running several tests on a landing page, each targeted at a different segment.
  • You can track multiple goals, including page views, clicks on page elements, form submissions and even custom JS triggers.
  • It's not always easy to set up a test. We had significant teething trouble due to certain idiosyncrasies of our website. One split test affected pages on the site that it wasn't supposed to, another caused huge lags in display times; more recently we had a test fail to capture visitors correctly. Over time, we've worked out how to address each problem, but it's certainly not as simple as it appears to be on first glance. I used to use VWO across a wide range of clients and almost all suffered from teething trouble of one kind or another.
  • Goal tracking is not always reliable. Some types of goals seem to be captured more consistently than others. This isn't a deal-breaker: you just have to make sure that your main testing goals are being tracked correctly.
  • We have several different views with the same URL, depending on viewer state. I'd like to be able to turn on tracking across all the views without all the views serving a test variation. We've managed to work around this, but I wish it had been simpler.
  • We've also had to develop our own workaround for capturing the versions of pages our visitors have seen in our own database. It's crucial for us to be able to track our visitors across different variations of offline media as well as the online media and store the details for later cohort analysis. I'd wish for VWO to provide an API of some sort for this purpose.
I'd say it's ideal for a company with a relatively simple site who's just getting into split testing. There's a lot to successful split testing that VWO can't help you with, but as a way to get started quickly, it's hard to beat.

You're ready for VWO if:

• you understand the fundamental principles of hypothesis-driven testing and you're looking to understand, empathise with and learn more about your visitors and customers
  • you have a clear idea of the business goals you're going to address through split testing and the metrics you're going to optimise for
  • you've developed a testing plan across a series of tests and you're prepared for the reality that some tests won't get to significance – or might surprise you in other disappointing ways...
  • you're new to split testing in practice – or you've tried one of the free testing platforms and found it too confusing, buggy or difficult
  • you're keen to split test and you want to be able to set up relatively simple tests quickly and with a minimum of technical involvement
  • but you're prepared for some headaches and tinkering to get it working just right
  • your budget isn't high enough to afford a more fully-featured or 'done-for-you' split testing solution.
Read Tom Kerwin's full review
Daniel Hirsch profile photo
June 10, 2014

VWO Review: "A/B testing Gone Right"

Our entire department uses Visual Website Optimizer for all of our website tests. We have completely switched over to using it exclusively.
  • Very easy to setup new tests
  • Pretty easy interface for making WYSIWYG changes to the page
  • Very good "bottom line" reporting on the outcomes
  • It can be difficult to get exactly the combination of elements you want in the multivariate test
  • Getting detailed data (not just bottom line answers) is difficult to impossible, with the best case coming through its Google Analytics integration
  • The preview windows do not work consistently
It is especially well suited if you are testing relatively simple page variations (a single headline or image for example). It gets complex when you want to test multiple variations on one page, especially if those variations are paired (such that Headline A at the top and Headline C in the middle must go together).
Read Daniel Hirsch's full review
Sandis Viksna profile photo
June 10, 2014

VWO Review: "Great Tool for Conversion Optimisation"

We use it to run split-tests. The process is managed by 3rd party provider, including access to VWO.
  • Revenue tracking
  • Basic Heatmaps
  • Mobile/Tablet rendering
  • There are some glitches with Goal and Revenue tracking, e.g. if the goal is on the same page and user refreshes, it sometimes can count extra for one or another, but in essence it should be impossible to have 500 sales and 536 revenue conversions.
  • Also could do something better with de-duplication, perhaps a setting in the test setup area that only 1 conversion per IP/session in 24h can be counted.
  • Ah, and the awful plan to upgrade to new interface, it looks horrible. The plain and simple that is now works the best.
  • GEO filtering, e.g. if I have 10000 visitors tested, I want to be able to segment them, say look at just USA or UK portion in that test, instead of say setting up individual pages.
  • Also being able to set conversion goals and test that would need to account say if mobile user went from mobile site to desktop version, it still should count under mobile in certain circumstances.
I'd say - make sure it works for:
- revenue tracking
- mobile/tablets
- good heatmaps
Read Sandis Viksna's full review
Gleb Koshulko profile photo
May 22, 2014

VWO Review: "Essential tool for marketer!"

We are using VWO in our marketing department. It hugely helps us increase conversion rates.
  • Sets up tests in a couple of minutes (literally).
  • Powerful reporting.
  • Extremely easy to use.
  • Move tracking code from Amazon's CloudFront CDN to Akamai. AWS has slow DNS and a much smaller CDN than Akamai. Main competitor uses Akamai.
  • Allow creating groups of goals. Now I have to clone experiments and add or delete necessary goals manually.
  • Allow goals reordering as it makes reports more useful.
Currently it's the best product in its niche. It is not the most popular product, but that is only because of a lack of marketing.
Read Gleb Koshulko's full review
Ahmad Rahman profile photo
May 09, 2014

VWO Review: "Cost Effective, Feature Rich, Website a/b/n/MVT Testing Leads to Increased Performance and User Experiences"

AMD has used VWO across multiple web properties by various teams within the organization globally. The platform provides a very easy to use A/B/n/MVT testing platform which is hosted on a content delivery network (CDN) for reliability and performance and can be used by almost anyone. It also provides the ability to display personalized content using various methods.
  • Great support, fast and accurate
  • Performance
  • New features - though they tend to release updates frequently
  • User workflow - to provide approval process with limited permissions for various users
As long as you can add some javascript code to your website template or page(s), this product should be well suited for all websites. The ease of use of the admin interface should also make this accessible and suitable for all types of users, regardless of their web coding knowledge or lack thereof.
Read Ahmad Rahman's full review
Mike Perla profile photo
December 14, 2013

VWO Review: "Visual Website Optimizer: A Great Way to Start Testing Today"

• Visual Website Optimizer has a very user friendly dashboard. I have experience with other testing tools and I can confidently say it is very competitive in this particular area.
  • I experienced terrific customer support. Their support team was always helpful when I had questions about their methodology or encountered tracking issues.
  • The WYSIWYG editor could use some advancements. The layout can break when stacking multiple page changes. It is hard to trouble shoot what is causing the issue.
  • Adding a jQuery editor that displays the code generated when you make changes via the WYSIWYG editor. From a power user perspective, being able to see the generated code would allow for more precious changes and streamlined code.
I would definitely advise a internet marketing colleague to consider using Visual Website Optimizer. It is a great way to start testing and showing the results of conversion optimization efforts. It is priced right and has the right features to improve client ROI on websites and display/paid search landing pages.
Read Mike Perla's full review
December 14, 2015

VWO Review: "A competent tool to get you AB testing"

We currently use Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) as part of our optimization suite of tools to run AB/MVT tests. With a good pricing model and when paired with a tag manager, it allows us to run hundreds of tests over 45 different websites with relative ease. With a significant required for competitive tools, this proved a compelling way to get management excited about the potential of CRO while also fitting within our budget constraints.
  • VWO makes it easy to get up and running with AB/MVT testing - without loads of code knowledge or a large budget.
  • VWO makes it easy to visualise complex statistics using graphs and visualisations.
  • VWO has an evolving toolset that is becoming more and more mature every week.
  • VWO has a good set of segmentation tools to identify how tests perform with different customers.
  • VWO reliability can leave me scratching my head. Code verification sometimes fails during a running test and previews will sometimes inform me that "test is not running on this page", even when it's set to run sitewide.
  • Code generated by the visual editor can be slightly buggy. CTA buttons were duplicated or missing, but this wasn't visible in the preview - only on site when the test was live. This is okay if you have good QA testing and the javascript skills to tweak the generated jQuery code.
  • Conversion tracking can sometimes be flaky. Tracking using css selectors isn't as robust as I would expect, especially when tracking clicks on modified objects (like buttons). This can be frustrating when it requires me to reset tests after a couple of days due to lost tracking. It would be nice to have a build-in verification tool so I can quickly see if these won't work correctly.
  • It would be nice to see full access to the segmentation options on all plans if pricing model is primarily charged by number of visitors.
If you're looking to get into user testing on your website, and have a little patience to get started then Visual Website Optimizer could be the tool for you. With a pricing model that can cater very well with even a moderate number of visitors, this is an excellent choice for starters. It can consume some time in setup and is probably best used by people with some development skill, but is otherwise a well equipped tool that gives users an excellent way to increase conversions and justify further spend on CRO tools.
October 30, 2015

VWO Review: "The only people that know how your website should look are your website users!"

Visual Website Optimizer was used for our own websites as well as client's websites in order to best optimize them for that specific audience. Since each website's audience is different, it requires a different website as well. And the only way to get to the results that work is to A/B split test your website over and over again till you find the right results.
  • A/B Split Testing
  • Speed of Implementation
  • A lot of options to use
  • Sometimes their JavaScript code interferes with other JavaScript code
  • Their JavaScript sometimes doesn't load up in time and thus misses to show the experiment
They offer a free trial so the best way to tell if it will work for you and your organization is to try their free trial. There are other alternatives such as Optimizely which work just as well, sometimes even better in some areas, and they are worth a shot too. They all offer free trial which is perfect to see if it will work for you and your website.
September 30, 2015

Review: "Easy to use and with VWO you can quickly set up tests yourself"

We currently use VWO in our Marketing department and it helps us to conduct A/B testing without too much effort. It's easy to implement and set up, and testing itself is also not hard. The editor to edit and adjust the css/html is easy to use. You can set up quickly different kind of tests.
  • Easy to implement
  • Asynchronous code which loads fast
  • Setting up tests is easy
  • More reporting funciontalities
It works well for a large site, with a lot of dynamic content. VWO only adjusts the css, so the content stays dynamic.
June 10, 2014

VWO Review: "User Friendly Way to Get Big Gains in Small Changes"

Visual Website Optimizer is being used by both our product management and marketing department. Both departments are using it for iterative micro-optimization of public pages (homepage and landing pages) for lead generation. There are future projects that will also test using VWO on our member pages to optimize the purchase flow.
  • The test setup interface is VERY user friendly which makes setting up tests and teaching others how to set up tests quick and easy.
  • The test results are easy to understand and the cumulative conversion chart helps with determining when data has normalized.
  • The test duration calculator has been very helpful in test planning and expectation setting. Sometimes getting a significant result takes longer than we would hope and the test duration calculator helps validate that.
  • POST-SEGMENTATION would be so helpful. If there was a way to segment the data after the fact in order to look at segments with significant change rather than flat results, our organization would get many more learnings out of out tests.
  • As a frequent A/B tester I know that running a test for 1 day usually isn't going to have confidence and that every day of the week will probably show a different result. So having a test display 99% confidence after 1 day is a bit annoying, since it's too early to tell.
Well Suited for:
Images Swaps
Text Changes
Public Pages
Unsegmented pages
Simple pages

Less Appropriate:
Member pages (preview doesn't work if it's a "logged in" page)
Rearranging elements of the page with sliders
Segmented pages
Elements with dynamically populated product.
Elements with hover states

June 10, 2014

"VWO review - Best for Fledgling Optimization Practices"

We used Visual Website Optimizer only in the Web team. We performed regular website optimization, that is to say, we attempted to increase our conversions for specific, predetermined website goals.
  • Very easy to implement
  • Very simple and intuitive to use
  • Very inexpensive compared to other tools.
  • VWO fails in allowing complex functionality, such as customer segmentation. It does allow you to target specific segments based on cookies, but these filters must be added to individual tests and can not be stored as universal variables. You must create cookies that contain individual customer attributes, or use the generic, predefined attributes such as geolocation, browser type, time of day, day of week, etc....
  • Reporting is not as thorough as it seems to be in some other tools.
I think it is best for organizations just starting out on optimization. It is so simple to use, easy to implement, and inexpensive. The other, more expensive tools such as Maxymiser and Monetate, would likely be too complex for fledgling optimization practices. Cut your teeth and figure out your processes first on VWO, then you can always move to the more expensive tools later when you've honed your team and process.
May 10, 2014

VWO Review: "Easy to use tool, especially suitable for small companies"

We use the VWO for landing page testing on two platforms in two different countries. We use it either for specific marketing campaigns like optimising the landing pages which are used for AdWords campaigns or we are testing new versions of our homepage. It helps us doing split url testing, as we sometimes want to test two quite different versions of the page against each other.
  • Offers split url tests
  • Targeting possibilities are huge as you can almost add everything, it just has to be on your page
  • Shows you if a test is significant, so you do not have to make the extra math calculations yourself
  • Offers extra tools like Test Duration Calculator, Ideafox , Heatmaps or the tool 'What To Test' where you can get feedback on your website (you need to pay extra for that)
  • Has a very good and very fast support, questions are always answered within a day!
  • The tool is all in all easy to use
  • Sometimes the tool for rearranging elements on the page to test does not work with our Website as it is supposed to
  • Add something where we do not have to add every goal by hand but have them within a group we only choose
  • Being able to measure things like add to cart rate without having to integrate an external tracking tool
Very well suited if you have only a small business because the costs are quite low. Key question for me would always be the implementation of the code. Does the code of your page works easily together with the tracking code you need to add.
December 14, 2013

VWO Review: "Is Visual Website Optimizer Right for You?"

• Visual Website Optimizer allows you to create several types of tests easily.
  • The menus are very easy to navigate and it walks you though the process of creating tests.
  • It is very easy to see your currently running tests and see how each one of your tests are performing.
  • During test setup some of the goals don't always work properly.
  • The difference between an A/B test and a Split URL test are not well defined.
  • The online documentation is hit or miss. Sometimes it is very helpful and other times it is extremely difficult to find out what you are trying to do.
If a colleague asked about Visual Website Optimizer that first thing I would tell them is make sure they have a goal to test. This is not a tool for testing any website. You need a well defined end goal, however if you have a goal then Visual Website Optimizer makes it very easy to set up your first test and it even lets you know when you have a winner.
June 10, 2014

User Review: "VWO Made CRO A Reality!"

Currently VWO is being used on a case by case basis.
  • Its very easy to use.
  • It was quick to get up and running.
  • It gave a winner very quickly!
  • There's a new version enroute, but I'm yet to receive access, even though I've been requesting it online and spoken to a VWO representative.
  • It looks likes the new version will address this, but currently it feels like there's alot of detail/advanced features that could be hidden.
  • The language on the old version of the site is sometimes not that clear.
It seems like this would work well in all situations, based on my limited experience.
May 02, 2014

VWO Review: "Visual Web Optimizer - Totally worth it!"

We used VWO within Internet Operations to AB test different pages from our website
  • Easy Interface
  • Quick setup
  • Reasonable price
  • Small compatibility issues (Visibility of code when login pages)
  • Inclusion of funnels
  • Inclusion of form analytics
Support? Friendly UI? Implementation

About VWO

VWO is an A/B testing and conversion optimization platform that enables growing businesses to conduct qualitative and quantitative visitor research, build an experimentation roadmap and run continuous experiments on their digital properties.

With its 5 capabilities Plan, Track, Test, Analyze, and Target, it brings the entire CRO (conversion rate optimization) process at one place. VWO helps online businesses follow the process- and data-driven conversion optimization to boost their conversion rates.

With features like heatmaps, surveys, visitor recordings, and others, VWO enables businesses to develop an in-depth understanding of on-site visitor behavior. VWO facilitates conducting research-driven A/B testing to optimize web experience across desktop, mobile, and other devices, to deliver a unique experience based on visitor preferences.

According to the vendor, VWO has helped more than 4,500 brands across the globe to run over 600,000 experiments to date. VWO’s global customer base includes brands like Vodafone, Samsung, Toyota, and eBay.

VWO Features

Has featureSelf Hosting
Has featureComprehensive Reporting
Has featureRevenue Tracking
Has featureIntegrated Heatmaps, Clickmaps and Scrollmaps
Has featureDIY Visual Editor (WYSIWYG)
Has featureAdvanced jQuery based API

VWO Screenshots

VWO Video

VWO Integrations

VWO Competitors

Adobe Target, Optimizely, AB Tasty, Omniconvert, Frosmo, Google Analytics, Convert.com, Adobe Test & Target

TESTINGGet a DemoThe classic VWO A/B testing solution
CONVERSION OPTIMIZATIONGet a DemoThe all-in-one platform for all your optimization needs
ENTERPRISEGet a DemoCustomized solution with advanced AB testing and conversion optimization capabilities

For any additional information about pricing and plans, visit https://vwo.com/pricing/

VWO Support Options