Reviews (51-75 of 151)
- Brightpearl makes it easy to manage orders.
- Brightpearl makes it easy to make changes to orders.
- Brightpearl makes it easy to manage inventory.
- It's not possible to email more than 25 customers at once.
- It's not easy to make batch changes.
- Links e-sales channels and allows easy drop-ships.
- Pulls together lots of business functions allowing all functions to operate the same system.
- Accessibility from anywhere.
- More customisation of dashboards and producing graphs, KPIs and reports.
- Cashflow forescasting.
- CRM could be better - seems restrictive and 'clunky' to use.
- It is easy to find a contact, product or anything you need without knowing the full details or sku code.
- It is easy to access for anyone off site.
- It is easy to see immediately if an order cannot be fulfilled in full.
- The poor area is that it is not easy to see immediately which products need to be ordered if you wish to keep say 6 weeks of stock in at any time, and therefore this means from time to time we can run out of an item. This area is a real problem for us. Ideally you should be able to create a file that you can pull off easily showing the last 6 weeks sales and then what is required to cover the next 6 weeks.
- I don't like the fact that under a company, you can have several contacts, one is the primary (so far fine) but if an order is placed by one of the contacts and the order is not put through the primary contact then it will not automatically refer the sale / account number etc., to the primary contact.
- There is nothing that you can send with an order as a note to the warehouse with specific instructions about an order, - especially with retail customers who may have certain delivery instructions - ideally a note that is seen by the warehouse only would help.
- If you were to create an order, but it is not shipped immediately, it creates a payment due date against the order date and not against the invoice date so every order has to be checked and changed manually - this is ridiculous.
- We can very easily see inventory levels and therefore manage our client expectations.
- We love how you can see overviews from both the client perspective and a project perspective.
- It also is great how Brightpearl links different individual clients from the same organization.
- Missing functionality - only two ccs when sending email estimates or receipts. We are in the construction industry and in most cases more thatn 2 people need to be in the loop on projects.
- Missing functionality - ability to subtotal in a sales order and have a line item discount. We need to be able to show our clients the true value of our products (subtotal) and then explicitly show them the discount that is being extended to them. Having the discount buried in the individual line item gives a false sense of the value of the item.
- We should have the ability to number the line items. Some of our orders have 40-50 line items. When we are making revisions with the client, it is MUCH easier to reference a line item rather than a product.
- No option for being able to show revision numbers for the estimates - many estimates will be revised 4-6 times and we need to be clear that all parties are working from the most recent revision.
- Receiving and managing inventory through multiple warehouses is straightforward.
- Fulfillment, partial fulfillment, drop shipping, and fulfillment from multiple warehouses adds flexibility to workflow.
- Invoices generated from sales orders are used for all wholesale accounts, saving time.
- Notes and tags for accounts enable us to consistently tailor the fulfillment and shipping of orders for each wholesale customer.
- Integration with Shopify, Shipstation, Brandboom, and a host of other cloud services enables us to fine tune our workflow for online retail, wholesale, fraud prevention, shipping, and customer service. Integration is executed well, especially considering the range of services that can be incorporated.
- For larger sales and purchases, various Brightpearl functions become slow or inconsistent.
- Inventory transfers between warehouses could be simplified, particularly for warehouses that are not physically separate.
- Occasionally, online orders are not imported from Shopify, or payment is not allocated. If this is not caught in time it can lead to accounting and customer service issues.
- It is an extremely user friendly system that took very little time to adapt to
- Conversion of sales quotes to orders to sales invoices with a few clicks
- Recording payments to suppliers and from customers is very simple
- Reversing journals
- Multi currency bank accounts and postings
- An additional field on products for serial numbers
- Brightpearl is particularly good at managing our customer database. It's easy to access relevant data.
- Brightpearl has a user friendly interface which links well with many popular marketplaces, including Ebay and Amazon.
- Brightpearl provides quick access to product stock levels and has an intelligent search facility.
- Brightpearl lacks aesthetically compared to some other similar software products.
- Brightpearl doesn't integrate with Ebay particularly well.
- If the support was accessible via the Brightpearl user interface, rather than a separate website, that would be helpful.
- CRM management system
- Invoice management and debt management.
- Purchase ordering and stock control
- Reporting on sales performance and staff perfromance
- Order processing
- Web retail side we have had to use several plug ins to get it to talk to our web sales side
- Glitches with orders and VAT calculations
- Log out time is too long
- Stock control - managing inventory across multiple channels so that items are not sold more than once.
- Sales Order flow - dealing with orders from multiple channels. Point of Sale for shop sales and despatch/customer notification process for web orders.
- Purchase Order Flow - adding purchase orders for future season stock orders. Booking that stock in and seeing at a glance what deliveries are outstanding.
- We'd love to be able to create configurable products in Magento straight out of Brightpearl. For example, products that have multiple colour or size options have to be created manually in Magento and then linked to the individual items/skus sent form Brightpearl to Magento.
- Saving report options. Reports we run regularly have to be configured each time we run them e.g. options selected for the report. Not a major thing but it would save time if those options could be saved.
- Point of Sale - it would be good if we could continue to use the POS part of Brightpearl if our internet connection goes down. Fortunately this does not happen too often.
- Unfortunately, Brightpearl does nothing well for our organisation. It has been a big disappointment.
- Integration with email is poor. For the last two weeks no emails have been saved to Brightpearl due to a fault which they have yet to fix. Also, it used to be possible to see details of our customers (transactions etc.) on the right hand side of our Gmail using a package called Rapportive. However, this stopped working some time ago and Brightpearl don't seem to be bothered to develop an alternative. Also, Brighpearl smart forms (used on our website) do not work with Yahoo.com email addresses. I have complained about all these issues on a number of occasions but they show no interest to fix them.
- The accounting package is too complicated for laymen like ourselves to use. It may well be OK for experienced accountants.
- Integration with Magento (which was advocated by Brightpearl) is poor with limited functionality.
- Project processing - we hardly had to change our own internal systems when we started using BP.
- Because I am also an angel investor in many technology startups, I also use Xero, Kashflow, Clearbooks and I find that project processing is handled best by BP.
- BP has an eCommerce ability which we do not use, so I can't comment on that.
- The accounting functionality is not as polished as dedicated packages such as Xero, but then BP does not claim to be.
- Editing custom forms is a bit clunky.
- Real-time inventory updates across multiple internet sales channels is the core of what was required and what it does.
- Allowing access to the same data to different functions that have different functional requirements. For example the fulfilment company has different requirements to the purchasing function yet must work from the same raw data.
- Real time accounting is a great comfort when margins are very tight.
- Support information is very good. Individual queries are handled well. Incidents are visible online in realtime via status pages.
- Reporting is limited, too many times I need to download to Excel data though at least I can do that. There may be some add-ons available but they seem very expensive for a small company.
- The search screen sometimes responds when you press enter and sometime requires you to click on the filter button specifically. All the filter screens should take action when enter is pressed (small point but it is my gripe).
- Automated processing of Amazon returns would save us a lot of time.
- Stock management - Brightpearl allows us to keep real time information on stock on hand, and stock allocated to customer orders.
- Sales analysis - it is easy to review sales across brands and publishers, and to filter as necessary.
- Customer order tracking - we have been able to set up a bespoke order tracking process so that we can give timely and clear information on demand.
- Speed - Brightpearl can be slow at certain times of day, making it difficult (or even impossible) to complete heavy duty tasks like downloading large reports.
- Inventory transfers - this is a helpful tool but it can be cumbersome to use. We'd love to be able to remove one or two steps.
- Bank reconciliation - it would be useful to be able to sort these (e.g. by date, source) whilst keeping ticked items selected.
Birhgtpearl is well suited for handling large product portfolios - it helps us handle thousands of lines and differentiate between them to a more than satisfactory standard.
- Brightpearl is great at inventory management. Being able to allocate stock and see LIVE what is available and what is out of stock is perfect for our business.
- Brightpearl's CRM capabilities are extremely poor. There is no way to bulk update calls or activities and they have to be done one-by-one if trying to move tasks around. There is also no way of filtering or searching through your CRM tasks.
- Reporting functionality
- Multiple channels for sales
- App synchronization to ShipStation
- Detailed reporting - my reports usually unfilter when I click into them
- Sync with QuickBooks Online
- More interactive home dashboard
- Sales management
- Sales documents
- Fulfillment status
- Helpdesk and tickets (we have to pay for Zendesk which is expensive)
- Hierarchal bills of materials required for inventory management (we are a manufacturer)
- Handles large customer base
- Commission reports
- Handles large number of SKUs
- Wish address would automatically transfer when collegues are added
- Some accounting reports are difficult to pull
- Need to be able to make inventory adjustments for multiple SKUs at a time
- Allow us to DELETE collegues
- Integration - it integrates easily with other applications
- Intuitive design
- Good communication on product updates
- Customer service - some brands mention this
- Accounting - there have been some bugs there, especially with currency, but this is being fixed
It allows us to easily look after our customer base and see which customers are buying what and how often, which in turn helps us tailor our service. The accounting software is brilliant and has already helped us eliminate costs we used to incur by having our accountant sort on Sage software.
The App store is also a great feature and we have used a number of apps to streamline and improve processes not to mention the man hours some of the automated software aspects have made. We have been able to adjust/amend Brightpearl to suit our needs as a business to which has been great and we see it as an instrumental part of the business moving forward. Our last financial year was our best yet and we expect to improve on this again this year with the help of Brightpearl.
- All aspects of the business can be run from one software package, not multiple packages/spreadsheets
- Cloud based so you can log in anywhere in the world if you have the internet!
- App store allows you to add features that suit and help your business. Some of these have been a real key factor for our business/
- Ticket system has been poor so far and a disappointment. A re-launch due for March and we hope that is now going to help us.
- Emailing from Brightpearl is restricted to one address. So for example - if you sent an email from an employee named Jon to a customer and a separate one to another customer from Tom, both emails would show up in the customers inbox from the same email address. This can lead to confusion for both customer and employees
- The strength of Brightpearl is the ability to have accurate live inventory levels on selling channels.
- Brightpearl's integration with Shipstation provides a pretty seamless order to ship process.
- The ability to distinguish customer sales between retail and wholesale for us is important. We can set pricing accordingly.
- I have seen a lot of improvements over the last two years with the functionality of Brightpearl. I think some of their reporting functionality could be improved.
- I do not like the accounting module of Brightpearl and so I do not use it to product financial reports. I am not sure if it is because the backbone of Brightpearl is UK based.
- The document templates could be improved. The formatting functionality of the templates is limited.
- Cloud based, access everywhere
- Access to their data in real time
- Fast importation of orders from eBay and Amazon.
- Quick exportation of shipping from Brightpearl to Royal Mail.
- Hassle free management of orders.
- Easy to set up new orders and take payment with credit cards such as SagePay.
- Complicated accounts package set up more towards medium and large businesses.
- Slow support.
- Add-on extensions are pricey.
Brightpearl Scorecard Summary
According to the vendor key differentiators include:
- Software and Service. Service is an integral part of Brightpearl's offer. The vendor says their retail consultants get you live in three times faster than traditional ERP, always for a fixed cost. And the in-house team stays with you throughout, from tech support to ongoing business consulting.
- Built for Retail. Brightpearl is built only for the retail sector. This means: configuration not coding, designed for use by merchants not IT staff, every new feature is relevant, and their integrations and ecosystem are 100% retail.
- Designed to Scale With You. Whether it’s seasonal peaks, promotions or sustained growth, merchants need an ops platform that can handle the volume. The vendor says they stand by their numbers: orders, SKUs, channels, reporting and financials fit for multi-million dollar merchants.
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Brightpearl is for merchants trading $1M or above, or those that expect to be in the next 12 months. Our pricing is designed to suit the needs of fast-growth and larger merchants so contact us today to discuss your specific requirements and we’ll provide a solution that meets your needs.
Brightpearl Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Brightpearl Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|