Skip to main content
SAP SuccessFactors

SAP SuccessFactors

What is SAP SuccessFactors?

SAP SuccessFactors is a suite of HR/HCM products covering these capability areas: core HR and payroll, recruiting and onboarding, learning and development, performance and compensation management, workforce analytics and planning, and employee experience management.

• Employee demographic data (453)
  • Employment history (460)
  • Organizational charting (473)
  • Job profiles and administration (439)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.pcmag.com/reviews/sap…

• Premium Consulting/Integration Services

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $85 per year Up to 100 Employees

Product Demos

SAP SuccessFactors Solutions for Core HR, Time, and Payroll Product Tour

www.sap.com

Joule Product Tour

www.sap.com

Features

Human Resource Management

Organizing, tracking and providing instant access to critical employee data, job profiles, transfers, promotions, and benefits information.

Avg 7.9

Payroll Management

Provides for pay calculation and benefit plan administration, in addition to managing direct deposit, salary revisions and payroll tracking.

Leave and Attendance Management

Streamlines communication between HR and employees and facilitates efficient management of employee leave including requisitions, approvals, balance calculation, and annual carry-forward.

Avg 8.1

Employee Self Service

Employee portal allowing employees to view and update their personal information.

Avg 8.1

Asset Management

Maintaining a record of assets such as laptops, pagers, cell phones, etc. issued to employees. Record typically includes asset type, number, serial number and date of issuance.

Avg 7.8

HR Reporting

Pre-built and custom reports, and integration with external data.

6.3
Avg 7.6

Onboarding

Employee onboarding is the process of orienting new hires to the social and performance aspects of their jobs so that they are able to function in their new roles as quickly as possible.

Performance and Goals

Goal alignment is the practice of ensuring that all employees have clearly defined goals in support of the overall corporate strategy.

Avg 8.2

Performance Management

Performance management is the process of ensuring employees meet pre-determined objectives and goals through regular check-ins and appraisals.

Succession Planning

Succession planning is the identification and development of internal employees with the potential to fill key business leadership positions in the company.

Recruiting / ATS

Recruiting or Applicant Tracking Software is software used to manage the recruitment process electronically by handling job postings, applicant status, resume management, etc.

4.1
Avg 7.8

What is SAP SuccessFactors?

SAP SuccessFactors HCM provides cloud-based solutions that connect core HR and payroll, talent management, sales performance management, people analytics, and workforce planning. The SAP SuccessFactors HCM enables users to put an organization's people at the center of everything – with solutions designed to meet their individual needs.

The SAP SuccessFactors Human Capital Management (HCM) covers:

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

• Supported: Report builder
  • Supported: Pre-built reports
  • Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

• Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
  • Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

• Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
  • Supported: Applicant Tracking
  • Supported: Notifications and Alerts

SAP SuccessFactors Screenshots

Screenshot of SAP SuccessFactors Learning, which supports informal and collaborative learningScreenshot of the SuccessFactors LMS experience that puts learning opportunities at the center of business operations and goals.Screenshot of the learning dashboard and metrics in SAP SuccessFactors Learning.Screenshot of the SAP SuccessFactors Opportunity Marketplace.Screenshot of information on employee requests, evaluations, and performance in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central.

SAP SuccessFactors Video

SAP SuccessFactors 1H 2024 Release Highlights

SAP SuccessFactors Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

SAP SuccessFactors Downloadables

SAP SuccessFactors starts at $85.

Workday Human Capital Management, Oracle Fusion Cloud HCM, and Cornerstone OnDemand are common alternatives for SAP SuccessFactors.

Reviewers rate Approval workflow and Tracking of all physical assets highest, with a score of 8.4.

The most common users of SAP SuccessFactors are from Enterprises (1,001+ employees).

Attribute Ratings

Incentivized
We use SAP SuccessFactors to assist our customers, fulfilling their talent acquisition, and talent management needs.
  • Applicant tracking
  • Talent development
  • HR Management
  • The ability to find and recover previous applicants is complex
  • It’s a very manual process to get employees to update, maintain their internal records
We’ve had a really good experience and helping our customers with SAP SuccessFactors.
Incentivized
We use this product for a wide variety of tasks from applicant tracking, obviously recruiting, and onboarding all the way to performance, and managing the performance management system in our organization. Also, the succession planning process in our organization and the training and development programs in our organization. We are also getting ready to launch EC, which means it also manages the whole HR record-keeping system for our company and payroll.
  • I think this product, once you have multiple modules, what we're learning is (and one of the reasons why we're expanding our use of SAP SuccessFactors) its connectivity in the way it speaks and shares information in itself in the system. That allows us to share information easily across our organization with our business partners, with our other HR professionals, and with our employees.
  • I think it's a very user-friendly product as well.
  • I think because this is such a robust and powerful product that it is quite intricate and it is quite sophisticated, so you do have to stop and take time to learn it. I don't think you can go in with any assumptions that it's like anything else you've used. It's quite intricate and involved and complex. So I think sometimes you need to take a step back and be intentional in taking time to learn it properly because in doing that you'll be able to leverage it to its fullest capacity. That's been a lesson we've learned throughout time that we really do have to slow down and take time to learn it as users and as people that support users.
It's well suited. I could think of a number of things, I guess for the way that I use it most. It's really well-suited as an applicant tracking system. The way you can track activity of applicants and communicate with them is really seamless. I don't know that it's less appropriate in any regard.
Incentivized
We are currently using SAP SuccessFactors Learning to address the learning needs of our employees in order for them to develop soft skills aside from fulling compliance based training requirements. SAP SuccessFactors Learning works well with our external vendors making the integrations of content to come into the LMS automatically. This helps to eliminate a lot of manual work.
  • Integrates well with active directory
  • Integrates well with external vendor APIs
  • Improve reporting capabilities
  • Better explanation of error messages when uploads fail
SAP SuccessFactors integrates with active directory and other external vendors in a simple and standard approach. This level of detail from the active directory helps us to build proper assignments profiles to target our training to certain groups. It has much of the information needed. If there are issues in integration, the support team has been great to help troubleshoot.
Incentivized
I use this product to support talent development in both performance management and goal setting. I also use it for succession planning and learning and development. So I will take my e-learnings on it, show other users how to use LinkedIn Learning (that's an add-on to it) as well as taking any yearly e-learnings that we have to take. I also show people how to use it to set up their goals for the year, how to make sure your quarterly goals are inputted into it as well as we use it for our performance management. We use it for annual calibration. It's a resource for leaders as well as team members. It's also a resource for me when I am entering information for succession planning. We are now starting on a company-wide succession planning for each leader in our company.
  • Ease of use. There's been some changes in the past year or two, which I really like the way the platform is now. More the icons, it's much more easy to find. Users are able to use it more effectively by themselves and they don't need me to actually handhold them anymore. Used to be where I'd have to really walk through the steps with them. Now with the new icons and the new drill downs, they can use it by themselves.
  • I guess it's just when I'm doing succession planning now, it's a new trial program for us. There are different parts of the succession planning when we're using it for reporting and drilling down in the succession planning reports. Right now I put it into a PowerPoint presentation and I prefer to have a report that just spits out right from the system.
When we're doing goal setting with our organization, it's very easy to pick a library from the library to pick our goals and to have people pre-select what goals are there and if there's a pre-selected goal, as well as add their own goals. I also like when the performance management system, they have a new tool now that is the AI generator for when you're doing performance management and giving somebody their evaluation. Everything doesn't have to come from you. They have specific areas now where it's written out, I forget what it's called, but it's a script that's pretty you can select.
Incentivized
SAP Success Factors is the foundational human capital management system that we use. So pretty much everything that is HR function related, that has to be an outcome or from the HR function is managed through SuccessFactors. Of course, we have a lot of other HR technologies, but they are all stacked on this foundational at CM. So SuccessFactors pretty much is the foundation for the house that we built for the HR technologies tech stack.
  • I think performance goals is a very strong module that they have. The core EC module is great.
  • I would say optimal employee experience with SuccessFactors as an HCM. It is one of the top three HCM providers, so the roadmaps are pretty strong. If you think about the kind of engagement we have with SuccessFactors, I think we are leveraging a lot of the offerings that SuccessFactors has through the preferred success engagement that we have with them. So a lot of consultants, the solution adoption success checks, we are using a lot of those things that SuccessFactors offers. And I think, like I said, it's a foundational HR technology. One of the key things I think is important for us to have strong integrations with our broader ERP solution, which is SAP. So I think that's one of the big reasons why SAP SuccessFactor fits so well in the tech stack that can invest.
  • I think the features, the modules that we have licensed but not adopted because of employee and user experience feedback. We haven't used mentoring. It's a bolt-on for something with development and performance and goals modules. We have not used mentoring.
  • I think the EC service center needs a facelift. It's the case management system that we have invested in, but I don't think we are able to use it to the potential that we wanted to deliver on.
  • I also think workforce analytics and stories, I mean stories is a great addition, but I think just getting started with it and building the initial few reports is kind of getting us becoming a struggle for us. So I think these are some of the things that I could think of at the top of my head.
I think if the broader ERP of an organization is SAP, SuccessFactors definitely is the way to go. If you're a global organization with multiple requirements, I think the agility of the core ECS is kind of good. So I think it has to be a broader tech strategy based on which you make the decision about whether this product is a fit for an organization. The recent investments in AI enablement would be something to watch out for. I think all the other more nimble, agile organizations are doing it much faster and better. So I think there is opportunity for more rollouts and more support for the customers to have that trust in the new technology and then continue to build that capability.
Incentivized
We use SAP SuccessFactors for recruiting, talent management, and HRIS.
  • Recruiting module role control
  • Recruiting careers page features
  • Performance management
  • Support team with timely responses to tickets
  • Offer letter approvals
  • Clunky career page edit widgets
We are still on prem and not on EC so lots of issues between systems and approval processes and data transfers.
Incentivized
Provide a comphreensive and a seamless user experience, responding to employee needs, improving engagement and HR processes efficiency. Our scope is the typical Hire to retire and Train and Develop. Having a single system covering the most important HR processes is very important for us as it reduces our TCO and lowers complexity in our Technical landscape.
  • Worflows and approvals
  • Self-service capabilities
  • easy to use
  • Attractive user interface
  • Many out of the box integration options to SAP and non-SAP systems
  • Event based integrations
  • Lower OData API complexity
  • keeping up with constant changes and new releases
Successfactors is more user-friendly and intuitive than its legacy on-prem SAP HCM.
Less complexity to manage as the infrastructure is not manage internally but by SAP instead.
Consistent performance and stability when comparing to on-prem.
On the other hand the customization capabilities are limited and not all countries have payroll support
Incentivized
We have various uses of SAP SuccessFactors, a big one is recruiting. Some problems we face primarily are in the reporting department or being able to enter data for past dates without having to delete later data.
  • They treat their customers extremely well
  • There is a diverse offering of products
  • There is a great amount of work being completed in the AI space
  • Conferences give a “model home” view of product(s) without specifications on which individual products you would need to actually successfully make the product work.
Well Suited: when looking to have multiple modules run under one banner less appropriate: looking for one module or to complete one specific function.
Incentivized
We are a full suite customer, so we use SAP SuccessFactors from hire to retire. Solving our talent problems and moving the organization forward.
  • Payroll
  • Performance and Goals
  • Better User experience
Talent and love their teams integration
Incentivized
We use many of SAP SuccessFactors's modules including but not limited to Recruiting, Onboarding, Compensation Planning and Learning. With a org that is looking to continue to grow and learn SAP helps us continue to explore new opportunities to engage our employees and improve their experiences.
  • Account Management/Relationship
  • Platforms for customers to reach each other about progress or obstacles
  • Deploy continuous improvements
  • expert chat abilities
  • more room for feedback from employees and turnaround time for those suggestions with these enhancements
We are satisfied with SAP SuccessFactors's delivery and look forward to the continued enhancements that SAP has to offer including AI with Joule
Incentivized
We use SAP SuccessFactors to manage our talent management suite from recruiting, onboarding, performance, compensation, and development.
  • account management relationship
  • user group connections
  • The customer sight can be difficult to manage
  • Clearer guidelines on what compliance forms in onboarding are SAP supported
The performance management module is easy to use and flexible. I like that I am able to configure and adjust based on business needs with SAP SuccessFactors.
I use SAP SuccessFactors for Performance, Comp, Learning
  • User interface
  • Good support
  • Reliable
  • Learning module is wonky
SAP SuccessFactors's Learning module is the only issue. We dont have EC so that is a challenge as well.
July 10, 2024

Review

Incentivized
Core HR (Employee Central), LMS, Succession, and Performance & Goals. This is our core HR system across the entire company (317K employees).
  • Integrates well with our other platforms
  • Innovators
  • It's not a great end-user experience for our employees on global assignment
  • Sometimes SF is late to provide a solution that is needed now!
The JPB and TIH is something we are heavily invested in at the moment as we are moving towards being a skills based organization. While, we don't have the full suite of tools the ones we have deliver well and the enhancements over the last few releases and upcoming are really exciting.
Incentivized
we use it for recruiting, onboarding, employee central, compensation and performance
  • update positions
  • onboarding process
  • story reporting
  • customer service
  • scheduling reports through story
  • position sync
customer service can be improved. in the recruitment model, the application process can be simpler
July 10, 2024

Work in Progress

Incentivized
We have a full SAP suite in place. I manage the recruiting and onboarding portals. Our biggest issues are release related breakdowns and customer service being slow to resolve with CSMs not truly being able to add value outside of helping us manage a ticket.
  • Onboarding
  • Story Reporting
  • Ease of Updating positions
  • Customer Service
  • Reporting Scheduling
  • Release Updates always break production environments
Our issues may stem from a poor implementation experience but the system experience from module to module is very clunky.
Incentivized
We are working on SAP SuccessFactors & Implement for the customers.
  • Payroll
  • Integrations across the modules
  • Reporting solution
SAP SuccessFactors is best suited for the customers for large scale enterprises & works well with the integrations across the modules.
Ravi Kovirineni | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
We use SAP SuccessFactors for Onboarding, Recruitment, and Employee Central. Currently, we are very happy with SuccessFactors products. It is a seamless process, from hiring employees to onboarding and setting up employees in Employee Central to replicating them to ECC. I liked the workflow processes set up in SF, and the approver level was easy to understand. We plan to implement other modules like EC Payroll, EC Time, Succession Planning, etc.
  • Seamless Work flows.
  • Reports
  • Viewing employee data.
  • EC Dashboard.
  • We face problems replicating data from Employee Central to ECC (on-premise).
  • More Standard reports.
SAP SuccessFactors look and feel, and the Dashboard is informative and easy to use. Reviewing employee profiles is very informative for administrators, and it helps them follow the steps. Anyone can view the Organizational chart and easily see all the positions from top to bottom—the control center to review the Pending workflows, Failed workflows, Reports, Replication errors, etc.
Incentivized
We implemented SF Learning and Recruitment modules. The learning module helps us manage each employee's learning history and learning requirements. The Recruitment module helps manage the whole recruitment process from start to end, including job posting, candidate selection, resume evaluation, interview schedule, interview results, job offer, and offer letter. We'll expand our footprint to other modules like Onbaroding, EC, ESS, MSS, Performance Management, and Goal Management.
  • Support service.
  • Functionalities.
  • Flexibility
  • Continuous improvement.
  • More functionalities with AI.
  • Open up the provisioning to customers.
SuccessFactors has functionalities that meet the business needs in HCM, such as Recruitment, Onboarding, Offboarding, Learning, Performance Management, Goal Management, Payroll, ESS, and MSS. All of these are critical business processes in a company.
Incentivized
Our organization currently uses SAP SuccessFactors Learning and Recruitment modules. Through the implementation of these modules we were able to streamline our recruitment process, set up job profiles for easier initiation of job requisitions, organized our talent pipeline to ensure efficient candidate assessment and fulfillment. We were able to centralize our learning platform and had ability to track history of development training plans and accomplishments.
  • Great Support and Assistance
  • Easy to follow content
  • Intuitive screens and interfaces
  • Quicker assessment of new feature recommendations
  • Improve response time to customer requests
  • Evaluation of new release updates
SAP SuccessFactors is really helpful if you want to take your HR Business to the next step. Having a centralized platform to manage HR activities helps the organization focus on business objectives.
Incentivized
We use SAP SuccessFactors in a variety of ways i.e for Talent and Performance, Learning etc. SAP allows us to have a one stop shop for our HR processes.
  • Integrates performance and development with learning in a very seemless manner
  • Great end-user experience
  • AI integration
  • Role-based permissioning could be be set up in a way that allows us to manage it better
Great customer service experience for when we encounter issues. The SAP SuccessFactors for me platform is easy to use and allows for two-way communication between myself and SAP agents
Incentivized
All of SAP SuccessFactors's Talent modules are implemented. We will be implementing EC soon.
  • Good product catering to the different Talent modules
  • Good customer support
  • Good Partner and User community
  • Long time to analyse and implement customer improvement ideas through Influence
  • Having more customer meets to understand customer issues
  • Billing on customer projects is not that reasonable
SAP SuccessFactors is the go to product if you are already on SAP. Even for a new brownfield implementation it does great.
Incentivized
I use SAP SuccessFactors every day. I am an HRIS analyst, and my role relies on SAP.
  • EC module
  • Recruitment
  • Sometimes I am not able to find the solution to implement very handy, and I don't want to rely on the implementation partner.
  • Also when I raise a case to SAP they always push to use the implementation consultant instead of providing the guidance to solve my issue.
SAP SuccessFactors's EC module is a robost solution that I recommend to new customers.
Incentivized
Currently utilizing SAP SuccessFactors EC, it was able to cleanly hold our HR data and the scalability is an asset. We have a global company and it was able to handle all of our country requirements.
  • Ease of use
  • Ease of customization
  • Updates regularly
  • integration partnerships are a challenge
  • Learning access for new users
Large scale companies. SAP SuccessFactors likely best suited for companies that are covering multiple systems in SAP to integrate well