DiscoverOrg Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Cynthia Drechsler | TrustRadius Reviewer
The field sales and sales development team are using Discoverorg to identify companies with a specific technology and specific titles within the IT department. We need to be able to contact multiple business owners across companies, not just the IT department. This allows us to have all of the potential stakeholders identified and on our side while we are working with the budget owner.
  • Good depth across the Fortune 2000+ accounts for IT departments
  • Nice list of technology and will to work with you to add technologies
  • Need a faster turn around time when adding a company to the list of accounts that are part of our plan.
If you have a large pool of companies to pull from it is cost effective. If you have a very specific target audience then it is likely too expensive.
Read Cynthia Drechsler's full review
Melanie Tanko | TrustRadius Reviewer
As an executive assistant I was in charge of giving the sales team monthly lead lists of potential new clients. I was the only one who used the software and I was able to pinpoint exact companies that use the software that we provide consulting for and therefore it gave us a very high accuracy rate of the type of client we were reaching out to.
  • Some of our salesmen work with a specific software (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft, IBM) and I would drill down within DiscoverOrg to the type of software these companies currently use.
  • I would then discuss with my sales team what level of corporate executive they would like to speak to about our services and the beauty of DiscoverOrg is that you can choose a variety of drill down categories.
  • Whether your objective is to speak to CEOs or HR individuals you know you can get a variety of them.
  • I used this every month and would come up with several hundred results with at least a 75% success rate of new potential leads for our sales team!
  • I really only found one thing that was sometimes overwhelming when working with the software and that is that there can be so many results and having to export them sometimes the files were too large and had to be done in sections.
When I first used the program the person teaching me only knew how to get a broad selection of companies and the success rate wasn't good. I learned more about it as time went on and was delighted to know I can chose specific industries and categories and even as far down as what level of employee/department to contact.
Read Melanie Tanko's full review
Austin Scordato | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 09, 2016

DiscoverOrg Review

I work for Inside Sales Team in Buffalo, NY. We often use discoverorg to prospect for potential clients, along with reaffirming current information we have on prospective clients through discoverorg's platform.
  • Ease of use - platform is easy to navigate, easy to search, and easy to prospect.
  • Trigger Alerts - helpful tool that provides extra insight into company backgrounds and movement.
  • Consistently updated - helps provide a level of confidence in data that is within DORG. I know that the prospects in DORG are going to have accurate information.
  • Expanding horizons over more industries.
  • Easy sync of email marketing tools such as Outreach.
  • Ability to give rating of data provided, will help provide users with extra layer of confidence, or will know to wait until data is refreshed.
I would say it comes down to the industry that you're in. I feel it is very appropriate for finance, marketing, and IT verticals, but would not be appropriate for someone looking for healthcare professionals.
Read Austin Scordato's full review
Trisha SanFilippo | TrustRadius Reviewer
DiscoverOrg is being used throughout the whole company. It solves the need to find leads for specific accounts or people with a certain title.
  • Linking each lead with their LinkedIn Profile
  • Connecting CRM with DiscoverOrg, so you can incorporate lead views via Salesforce or whichever CRM you have.
  • Ability to request more information or leads on an account.
  • Load time is very slow when putting in search terms.
  • Asthetics could be a bit improved.
  • Include pop up notifications or a chrome extension for any news happening at that current time.
I think it's a great tool for gathering any intel if you don't have many leads or are starting from the ground up with an account or company that you are targeting.
Read Trisha SanFilippo's full review
John Blevins | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 24, 2016

DOrg review

Multiple teams in my office are utilizing it. It is used primarily for lead prospecting on projects in the office that sell to IT. It allows those projects to work with more and better data. Rather than using something like data.com or simply Linkedin, DOrg has consistently provided more information on the leads that we want to be targeting like phone number and correct email.
  • Seeing detailed ORG charts for IT companies
  • Using the advanced search functionality to find different companies that fit the criteria that I'd like to target.
  • Upload contacts directly from DOrg to Salesforce
  • While not my personal focus, I've heard from other people in the office that the non-IT databases are not as robust
  • The interface (particularly the new one) can be somewhat clunky and unintuitive
  • Keep the importing to Salesforce functionality at one click. In the new system it's much clunkier than the legacy system
Well suited for projects focusing on IT companies. Quite good for finding additional information out about a company such as revenue and different technologies that they're using. Great for setting up alters for different changes or events occurring. Not a great resource if you're targeting companies that DOrg doesn't have a lot of information on.
Read John Blevins's full review
Aaron Stoermann | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 24, 2016

Our Data Bible

DiscoverOrg provides contact information for our team of sales reps focused on IT and finance contacts. It also provides organizational charts on companies we are prospecting which allows us to spend less time doing research calls and account mapping and lets us better understand the buying process of our prospects.
  • Org. charts and company data.
  • Direct dials.
  • Direct emails.
  • Customer service and researching accounts.
  • The real-time triggers are not often accurate.
  • The technology information isn't assigned well to contacts for our specific needs.
  • It would be beneficial to have a 'procurement' org chart at times.
If you are not selling to enterprise sized clients who make purchasing decisions in finance or IT, I would see no need for you to buy this product.
Read Aaron Stoermann's full review
Cal Francis | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 22, 2016

Happy selling

I use it everyday to learn about individuals, their roles and the technology they use. I also use it to augment my Rolodex.
  • Fills in the gaps to org charts
  • Helps understand technologies in place
  • Sends alerts about current events and news for organizations and people I am interested about. This can be incredibly effective when trying to get the attention of a busy exec.
  • Setting up alerts is confusing
DiscoverOrg is good at what it does.
Read Cal Francis's full review
Luis Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
DiscoverOrg is currently being used by our Sales department as a tool for lead generation and company information from prospects. It addresses the problems of having access to clean data, direct dials, emails, and hierarchy charts- gives us an accurate layout of our prospects, a good amount of insight, and great CRM integration.
  • Very clean data- direct dials (a huge plus!), accurate titles, emails, etc.
  • They have "OrgCharts" for the companies in their database, which allows us to see the hierarchy of the prospect's IT department. We can understand who reports to a specific person based on title.
  • Ease of use - the layout is very easy to understand and get familiar with. Clean and organized.
  • New User Interface - they recently released their new interface which is being rolled out, however, some of the options from the previous interface aren't available yet.
  • Hit or miss customer service - they usually do a very good job of getting back to us when issues are present but it can often be difficult to receive updates/progress reports.
  • Limited access to data - although most of their data is very accurate for mid to large-sized companies, there are many "smaller" companies that they dont have any data for. This isn't a huge issue because we use other lead generation sources paired with DiscoverOrg.
They are definitely well suited to have data for mid to large sized companies, but if your focus is on "smaller" sized companies 50-300, it is very likely that DiscoverOrg will not have much data in that range. Again, they have great data when available, but it is something to keep in mind.
Read Luis Flores's full review
Jimmy Mack | TrustRadius Reviewer
DiscoverOrg is used by sales department to help track quality leads.
  • Reduce sales time by eliminating some cold calls
  • Track previous conversations with prospects
  • Would like more easy access on mobile and/or tablet devices
The database of potential clients is quite robust.
Read Jimmy Mack's full review
Brian Jacobi | TrustRadius Reviewer
It was previously being used to pull new leads; update existing leads to provide better data quality, and leveraged as a mechanism to generate lead lists. It enriched data in Marketo to improve marketing automation capabilities.
  • FInd new leads and contacts with high quality contact information
  • Automation between Marketo and DiscoverOrg
  • Salesforce integration capabilities
  • User interface design both browser and Salesforce
  • Larger Database
  • Automated alerting and reporting
DiscoverOrg is more appropriate for targeted industry verticals where higher quality data is needed.
Read Brian Jacobi's full review
Right now, DiscoverOrg is exclusively being used by the sales team. Prior to using DiscoverOrg, we were facing serious challenges with the quality of our lead data and the speed at which we could operate because of this issue. With DiscoverOrg, we're able to quickly and easily access quality lead data that is tailored to the individual sales reps' territory.
  • Dynamic search function with dozens of filters that allows salespeople to identify the right criteria to find key contacts and accounts. Not only is it easily searchable, but the contact information is almost ALWAYS spot on.
  • Exportable reports that integrate with other sales tools that enable users to streamline outreach and improve efficiency
  • Scheduled triggers that notifies users on all account activity and keeps them up to date on key contacts so that when someone leaves an organization, joins one, or is ready to buy software, they'll be the first to know
  • User friendliness - if you aren't adequately trained on outreach, it can be difficult to navigate. In fact, I still feel like I don't leverage all of the information I could because of its heavy feature set
  • Triggers aren't always up to date, so I'll run into instances where DiscoverOrg lists accounts in the market for HR software but when I finally get in touch, they inform me that they've already completed their evaluation
  • Cost is very pricey, but being that it's such a rich resource with so much quality information, I'm not surprised.
DiscoverOrg is great for sales teams who cover wide territories and are having pipeline generation issues due to poor data. As salespeople, so much time can be wasted chasing contacts with the incorrect email address and/or phone numbers. With DiscoverOrg, I feel supremely confident that I am dialing the right number or plugging in the right emails when I set up drip campaigns.

DiscoverOrg is not something that every salesperson needs. Most users won't be able to leverage all of its capabilities, so it probably makes the most sense to have 1 license between an SDR/AE pairing or a license for a sales ops person who can pull detailed reports for certain territories.
January 23, 2018

Why DiscoverOrg ROCKS!

We use DiscoverOrg in order to follow our targeted companies and to look up contacts to reach out to. We also use it for analysis on which companies are best to target as well as to see what's changing in our industry. We use DiscoverOrg in our Sales and Sales Operations teams in our North America and European regions. The business problems that it solves are the ability to find the right contacts, being able to be updated with alerts on company news, being able to create lists to follow as well as contacts to follow so that we are well aware of the different movements that are made, and to find company information that's not listed anywhere else on the web.
  • Being able to receive company alerts
  • Being able to get direct contact lines
  • Being able to follow companies and their contacts to watch movement
  • I wish there was a feature to see all contacts in companies without having to pay more
  • I wish there were more smaller companies listed so that we can find the right contacts for all of our targeted accounts
I work with a list of 500 priority accounts trying to get into them in order to sell our products/services. Sometimes it's hard to reach out to these prospects via call and email because my messaging is so broad. With the news feed feature and the ability to follow accounts, I am now always aware of what's happening in these priority accounts that I follow. I now can use a more sniper focus when reaching out to these companies and have more of a suited talk track that will fit their needs for our products and services.
December 05, 2017

LOVE DISCOVERY ORG

I use DiscoverOrg to help me with my pre-call strategy. This allows me to be more engaged with the organizations with their triggers, finances, and opp alerts. I am responsible for building new pipeline-- with the tools available through discoverorg I am able to uncover new opportunities to create new pipeline.
  • Opp Alerts-- Gaining new converstions.
  • Finances- Where were they at this time of year last year.
  • New contacts with DD and emails.
  • HR Contacts.
  • LOB of HR Contacts.
I love discoverorg and the information it provides.
April 12, 2017

Dissapointed

Over the past year my team has been using DiscoverOrg and in general we have been very dissatisfied with the product. Although we were able to negotiate a $10K per year subscription for 6 seats, we were blocked out of the data we were promised. Several times I had to engage with the Customer Success Team to unlock clients, contacts and information that our subscription allowed. After we brought this to DiscoverOrg's attention multiple times, we made the decision not to renew our subscription. To add insult to injury, when we notified DiscoverOrg with our intent to cancel our auto-renew policy, we were told we were 1 day beyond the 90 day cancellation period. In essence we were locked in for another year of a product we were not interested in using due to locked contact and inaccurate phone numbers and email addresses. Buyer beware. If you are evaluating tools, consider Zoom Info.
July 13, 2017

DiscoverOrg review

I used DiscoverOrg in the past and recently we implemented it here across our sales org. Seeing consistent data flow into our CRM has been great! Out outreach has increased dramatically.
  • Detailed company information.
  • Up to date and correct direct numbers.
  • Reliable email addresses.
  • Some integration into Bullhorn could be firmed up. Like the addition of 'My Lists'.
Mass marketing and targeted reaches are both supported extremely well. It is limited to the dataset that you purchase, but in all - the overall scope is great!
December 21, 2016

Go DiscoverOrg!

DiscoverOrg is currently being used by our Sales Operations dept and a few individuals within our Sales team as well. Using DiscoverOrg helps us to keep our both our prospect and company information up to date. We use a few of the products including triggers and the Salesforce App!
  • Verifying lead and company information.
  • Updating quickly if you do find a mistake and keep you posted every step of the verification process.
  • Letting us know what technologies our prospects are using.
  • Stop switching account managers - we have multiple since we started using the product less than a year ago.
We were in "opportunity" with a prospect and DiscoverOrg updated the technologies the company was using - by looking at this we were able to see what competitors the company was also looking into along with us. That gave us the upper hand and we were able to close the deal!
December 15, 2016

Win with D

DiscoverOrg has been an upper hand to spool contacts. We started it quite slowly and were able to get to the chase over a course of time. This valuable tool has been used by sales and marketing professionals who handle day to day client interactions.

With DiscoverOrg we are able to:
  • Get the right contacts
  • Locate clients easily
  • Easy report generation
  • No Technical glitches
  • Less time-consuming: Allows to easily spool contacts, get to the granular chase and target accounts that will benefit the business big time
  • Easy report generation: Allows to easily save/store contacts with flexible file formats, while this not primary, but it is an added advantage
  • User friendly: Highly intuitive UI that provides room for dynamic changes, easy to choose and get information portal
  • No room for improvement so far, yet to witness one
It is a best-fit for IT/Telecom and target businesses that predominantly prefer internet marketing over door-to-door.
It is used by our marketing, sales, and business development reps to source high-quality, active leads.
  • Their on-boarding and training was speedy, thorough, and and friendly. Their team listened to our needs and accommodated our quick turnaround time.
  • Our account manager is super friendly and responsive. Whenever I have a question she emails or calls quickly to respond to my questions and provides helpful answers.
  • The platform is intuitive and easy to use. Easy for us to get up and running.
  • When we search for a company that isn't available to us because of our contract parameters, it the language is a little confusing for field reps. They can't tell if they did something wrong, if the information isn't in DiscoverOrg, or if it's because our contract limited their search.
  • We submitted a research request a month ago and haven't heard back yet.
Honestly I think it is a very valuable tool with great people in their company. I think anyone that wants up-to-date account and contact information from their target prospect, DiscoverOrg is the way to go.
We use DiscoverOrg to look for Net New prospects as well as verify the ones we do have and their correct job titles and phone numbers etc.
  • Org chart is very helpful in identifying key targets
  • Contact info seems to be accurate for most part
  • On old interface it was easy to import leads into Salesforce. The new interface not so much.
  • User interface
  • greater accuracy in which technologies are being used at company. I have found discrepancies after talking with prospects over phone.
  • Webinars for training or refresher course
I call on C-level executives from Fortune 1000 companies and DiscoverOrg provides me with accurate data. They are 95% direct dials. I am very satisfied. What they pitched, they kept true as promised. I also set up trigger alerts for when positions in these companies are being sought after or people change roles---perfect ammo for me to use as a reason for my services. I am 100% satisfied with the service and for the few times a number hasn't been available, I alert DiscoverOrg to work on getting the data.
  • Direct Dials
  • Emails
  • Trigger Alerts with informative data
  • You must be EXACT in typing a name but sometimes I am unsure of spelling.
  • I wish data was refreshed every 30 days---that would be amazing.
It's great for the technology sector. It would be exciting to see DiscoverOrg grow into the education sector and other verticals.
May 27, 2016

DiscoverOrg Review

DiscoverOrg was used by the marketing and biz dev department to do background research on potential clients. Whenever we would hear of a potential company to represent our MBD team would do research to provide to attorneys. Part of that research included key financials of the company, who the key players and executives were - even something as simple as what does the company do. When meeting with a potential client about legal services no stone can be left unturned - we had to be as knowledgable as possible about the target.
  • Key executives - something that could be outdated and incorrect easily - generally speaking was accurate
  • Easily understandable company profiles
  • Financials - almost all profiles had at least some financial information which is often hard to get
  • Financials were sometimes incorrect
  • UI was not optimal - user experience could have been better
  • Support was nonexistent- was never trained on the platform
It was best for company descriptions and details and key executives - if I really needed financial info I would generally look or double check elsewhere. However, for basic company info there was no resource as valuable as discover org - it was truly my go to platform in that regard.
DiscoverOrg is a great tool for understanding competitors or other organizations in a similar space. This is being leveraged as both a sales tool and one for recruiting. This is crucial for identifying IT talent with the same technology background or within a certain mile range, including email addresses and direct phone numbers.
  • Stays current and up to date
  • Full contact information
  • Org Charts
  • Larger database
  • Larger Global footprint
  • Additional technologies (more search criteria)
Identifying and targeting IT talent in specific locations or with a specific background.

Advanced search (95)
Identification of new leads (93)
List quality (95)
List upload/download (91)
Ideal customer targeting (92)
Load time/data access (94)
Contact information (94)
Company information (94)
Industry information (92)
Lead qualification process (75)
Smart lists and recommendations (77)
Salesforce integration (80)
Company/business profiles (92)
Alerts and reminders (80)
Data hygiene (90)
Automatic data refresh (79)
Tags (69)
Filters and segmentation (85)
Sales email templates (34)
Append emails to records (36)

About DiscoverOrg

DiscoverOrg is a sales and marketing intelligence tool used by the top technology vendors, staffing companies and consultants targeting IT, finance, marketing, engineering, technology and product development departments of Fortune-­ranked, mid­-market, and SMB companies in North America and Europe.

Offered in the form of a constantly refreshed database, DiscoverOrg specializes in mapping out the org charts, including verified email addresses, direct-dial phone numbers, reporting structure, new projects and initiatives, and technology installed base. Each of the decision makers in the DiscoverOrg database are updated and refreshed by the company’s team of in-house researchers at least once every 90 days, enabling customers to reach the right person at the right company with the right message. DiscoverOrg says it is committed to creating a family of integrations with top sales enablement tools to support their customers' full technology stack.