Skip to main content
Paylocity

Paylocity

What is Paylocity?

Paylocity provides 24/7 access to your online payroll and human resource data management. Paylocity offers highly customizable payroll functionality, as well as HR, benefits administration, and time and talent management programs.

Excellent Product!

June 20, 2024
Incentivized

• Direct deposit files (836)
  • Update personal information (866)
  • Pay calculation (838)
  • View and generate pay and benefit information (851)

What is Paylocity?

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.paylocity.com/our…

• Premium Consulting/Integration Services

What is Bitrix24?

Bitrix24 is a local-hosted or cloud-based social intranet and project management platform that also contains core HR (HRMS) and CRM features. Bitrix24 also provides time management services and employee self-service.

What is BrightHR?

British company BrightHR offers a human resources platform which helps replace paper documents with edocuments and contains features for managing employee scheduling and ROTA, sick leave and tardiness, vacation and holiday shift planning, as well as providing employment law legal advice.

Features

Human Resource Management

Organizing, tracking and providing instant access to critical employee data, job profiles, transfers, promotions, and benefits information.

Avg 7.9

Payroll Management

Provides for pay calculation and benefit plan administration, in addition to managing direct deposit, salary revisions and payroll tracking.

Leave and Attendance Management

Streamlines communication between HR and employees and facilitates efficient management of employee leave including requisitions, approvals, balance calculation, and annual carry-forward.

Avg 8.1

Employee Self Service

Employee portal allowing employees to view and update their personal information.

Avg 8.1

Asset Management

Maintaining a record of assets such as laptops, pagers, cell phones, etc. issued to employees. Record typically includes asset type, number, serial number and date of issuance.

Avg 7.8

HR Reporting

Pre-built and custom reports, and integration with external data.

Avg 7.6

Onboarding

Employee onboarding is the process of orienting new hires to the social and performance aspects of their jobs so that they are able to function in their new roles as quickly as possible.

Performance and Goals

Goal alignment is the practice of ensuring that all employees have clearly defined goals in support of the overall corporate strategy.

Avg 8.2

Performance Management

Performance management is the process of ensuring employees meet pre-determined objectives and goals through regular check-ins and appraisals.

Succession Planning

Succession planning is the identification and development of internal employees with the potential to fill key business leadership positions in the company.

Avg 7.9

Recruiting / ATS

Recruiting or Applicant Tracking Software is software used to manage the recruitment process electronically by handling job postings, applicant status, resume management, etc.

Avg 7.8

What is Paylocity?

Paylocity is a software platform designed to give HR pros a way to manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management. The vendor states their technology is backed by a culture that cares about client success, and that they take the time to get to know customers and understand their needs. Paylocity works with users to identify the solutions that will benefit a business today, while paving the way to a better tomorrow.

Paylocity Features

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

• Supported: Report builder
  • Supported: Pre-built reports
  • Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

• Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
  • Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

Ritch Price Operational Controller, New England Authentic Eats 2,200 Employees

Paylocity Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone

Paycom, Paycor, and Paychex Flex are common alternatives for Paylocity.

Reviewers rate Direct deposit files highest, with a score of 9.

The most common users of Paylocity are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees).

Attribute Ratings

June 21, 2024

Paylocity Review

Incentivized
We use Paylocity for the total HR experience - talent acquisition, onboarding, payroll, benefits enrollment, COBRA administration, FSA administration, and HCM
  • processes payroll easily and accurately
  • accurate data maintenance
  • outstanding customer service
  • state tax registration
  • It is difficult to customize reports
  • time & labor balances require manual intervention
Paylocity is very user-friendly on both the administrative and employee side. Payroll batches are easy to edit, if necessary. The customer service is outstanding; there is always someone knowledgeable available to assist - immediately. (unlike ADP where you could be on hold for hours.) I am happy to hear that as our organization grows, Paylocity can service more than 1,000 employees. As I mentioned previously, the cumbersome tasks are the ability to create custom reports with the data and in the format needed and the accuracy of time off balances.
Robert Sherer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
We enjoy using Paylocity for payroll. Set up and application is an easy and intuitive process.
It has also been a valuable and very easy to use tool in hiring. It is as simple as entering the job requirements and post. It hits the major job boards and helps screen out the right person for the job.
  • payroll processing
  • information for end of year reviews
  • HR functions.
  • Payroll with H2A employees. They have different rules and procedures. Different information needs to be on the check. This is still a manual process for us and consumes a lot of time.
  • Different State employees.
  • Honestly, I only have two issues.
I have consistently recommended Paylocity to many. I have found if you are under 5 employees, it may be too expensive. So, my rating is 9, it is best for most, not everyone. The tax preparation is extremely valuable to all. Time and labor with timekeeping saves us many hours, but if the machine fails, it can set you back. They can only respond so quickly.
June 20, 2024

Excellent Product!

Incentivized
Our organization uses Paylocity for all our payroll processing needs. This includes everything from scheduling and time clock management to payroll and tax payments. We also utilize the Paylocity software for our learning management system and employee reviews.
  • User friendly software
  • Quick response from support
  • No downtime
  • More consistent features between app and online portal
  • Customer service for end users, not just administrators
Paylocity is excellent for organization that have remote or hybrid employees. It is also an excellent program to keep all HR software needs (payroll, benefit information, onboarding, employee evaluations, learning management systems, etc) in one location.
Incentivized
We use Paylocity for all employee lifecycle functions. Onboarding, benefits, time off, termination. We have a larger company for Paylocity's typical customer base, which brings its own unique struggles and several infrastructure issues within Paylocity's system.
  • User Friendly
  • Variety of trainings
  • Mobile device functionality
  • Customer service
  • Time off calculations are confusing for employees
  • Compliance is not employee friendly
  • Very manual processes to get things changed
  • No Paylocity led compliance when it comes to sick time ordinances
I think Paylocity is an overall good technology, but certain capabilities are more limited or suited for smaller companies. Overall, I would just recommend it as a not bad budget friendly option. If a company has a larger budget or the ability to get a better company, I would recommend them to do that instead.
Incentivized
I use it to enter and correct timecards, print and review reports, 401K audits, EEO audits and reports, enter new hires, and terminate employees. Training videos. It is the most important program I use daily. With the recent loss of our payroll person we were caught not knowing all that she did, Paylocity walked us through the steps to complete some tasks.
  • User friendly.
  • Saves changes without error.
  • Easy to make custom reports.
  • Responds fairly quickly to questions or problems.
  • Offers great assistance
  • I would like to have access to technicians. Sometimes, the response time is 24-48 hours, which makes it hard when you are stuck and pressured for time.
  • They need to give complete answers to questions. I had a problem that took at least six emails back and forth to find out what the problem was.
I had never used Paylocity before. I took their training classes and learned a lot on my own. It was super easy to navigate. I have been able to train new employees on how to use it. I so user friendly and the customer support is great.
Janice M. Brinkley, MSHRM, MSHA, SHRM-CP, PHR, CPSP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
We use Paylocity as our HRIS and for payroll purposes. We use time and Labor and HR & Payroll to keep employee files and confidential documents. Lately we have been using workflows to allow for policies to be signed and store in the HRIS. We are also using the learning dashboard to make sure that our employees have all the necessary training and for us to stay in compliance.
  • Store employee records
  • Time and Labor
  • Survey
  • Customer Service
  • Workflows
  • Reporting in workflows
I've been a Paylocity user for the last 6 years therefore I am proficient at Paylocity. Paylocity has helped me recently get 3 policies per person (261 * 3) signed off on by using the workflows dashboard. I think they can improve how the workflows are set up on their homepage when they log into the app. So whereas its helped get the employees to sign on their own time, it also would make it easier if it was easier to find on the mobile app.
Thomas  (Tom) R Kleine | TrustRadius Reviewer
Use payroll applications in conjunction with worker’s compensation reports. Paylocity was a life saver gathering information for the PPP loan as well as the ERC credit information. Set up or payroll to be able to take the totals direct into our general ledger.
  • Tax reporting
  • Inquiry requests for employees information
  • Timely response by Paylocity staff on email inquiries
  • Able to upload Excel SS into biweekly payroll
  • Better communication when changing standard reports
  • One point of contact for your questions
Payroll turn around time and accuracy.
Amanda De La Vara | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
We use Paylocity for Payroll, scheduling, community/staff communication, HR, and Onboarding.
  • Process Payroll.
  • Maintains Time off records.
  • Create custom learnings.
  • Helps us manage/maintain required certifications.
  • Scheduling
  • Training of Account managers.
  • Understanding of laws.
  • ACA applicable knowledge.
I love the product and its capabilities, but the support and training of the client "experts" are really hit or miss. I've found that often, I am educating them on how their product works. This is a serious issue.
Incentivized
Account managers not being knowledgeable is our biggest struggle. I am having a really hard time getting correct answers from the account managers. I have used Paylocity for a long time and have watched the decline in customer service. If they can get that back on track that would make a difference. I think the employees have too many accounts and not enough time to help. In my experience, they don't care if they give you the wrong answer and make you call 100 times. Recently I have been hung up on twice. MY assigned person isn't the issue. He does his best with what he has. I think he could benefit from training. We like the ACA tool. Performance and Recruiting are also very helpful (it is just hard to get the jobs in front of candidates)
  • Performance module
  • Data collection
  • Ability for supervisors to assign trainings without building them
  • Better accrual functions we still have bugs
  • Also that cost center sync was a disaster
Very user friendly, most team members can find everything on their own! I think that it's easy to use for most people, that is a huge plus. I would move or hide something if I had the choice. The biggest issue is customer service. The program is too robust to not have a good help center behind it.
Incentivized
I'm very happy to share that I use Paylocity every day to keep track of my logins and logouts. It's incredibly user-friendly, especially with its built-in time clock next to the login button. Not to mention how convenient it makes requesting time off. I really appreciate how straightforward and enjoyable it is to use!
  • Easy to navigate
  • Eye pleasing system design
  • User-friendly interface
  • Long time on being stay logged in
  • Alerts when we have missing clock ins/outs
  • Able to clock in/out when using it via phone
I've been using Paylocity for about a year now, and I've got to say, it's a breath of fresh air compared to other payroll systems I've tried, especially when you're in a hurry. You know that feeling of needing to double-check if you clocked in correctly? Well, with Paylocity, I haven't had to stress about that. My timesheet has always been spot-on, and I've never encountered any errors. It's just been smooth sailing, making my daily routine so much easier!
Felicia Parrott Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Our organization uses Paylocity for Expense reimbursements, Payroll, and New Hire Onboarding. We wanted to devise a way to go paperless and allow employees to keep better track of their expenses while updating their personal information, such as emergency contacts, W2s, or state tax information.
  • Expenses
  • Tax Collection
  • Integration with other AP/AR platforms.
  • Correcting Time Off Request.
Although I wish Paylocity integrated with our AP/AR platform it does suit our other needs as far as payroll, time off requests, HR updating, and expense reporting. The expense side has helped because we no longer have to track mileage. The address entered automatically calculates for us, and receipts are uploaded.
Incentivized
Payroll processing. I've used 3, but Paylocity is the best, and I've stuck with them for more than a decade. The others were more expensive, less responsive, and more difficult to use. I am very happy with Paylocity. The reports are also flexible and definitely give me what I need.
  • at first, the end of year company tax information was confusing to walk through, but this became more clear and for years, it's been great
  • Not much else - it's been really easy to use
I know Paylocity has many useful functions, to include individual employee dashboards. But, for a small business like mine, Paylocity gives me everything I need, without forcing me to take anything I don't.
Incentivized
We use Paylocity in our organization to run payroll, enter new hires, entered updated information such as deduction, garnishment, update annual salaries, make any necessary change requested by the employee such as phone number, address changes. Paylocity systems allows use to maintain our employees information in an an organize way the is conducive for the individual to get their job done.
  • Explaining to situation you contact about
  • Streamline the issue
  • Provide helpful resources to help you resolve your issue in the future
  • Nothing I can think of
In my opinion, Paylocity in well suited in excellent customer service. Whenever I contact the company or select the help button to ask a question, the individual is very knowledgeable about the product offer and navigating you in the Paylocity system to help you find what it is that you need to accomplish to get the job done.
Incentivized
I run the HRIS system for my company. I like the ease of Paylocity versus other HR systems. It is a little quirky at times but it isn't hard to figure out once you dig into it. Paylocity integrates nicely with our other benefit systems like Fidelity and Ease. One the other end, my employees are not totally impressed with the employee portal piece. It is a bit confusing for them but once I show them it is pretty easy to use.
  • E-verify
  • Integrating with other systems
  • Employee portal is not up to par
  • Some times the system glitches out
Onboarding is really easy for my new hires. It isn't to difficult to program but there are a few pieces that could use some work. When I make fillable pieces for onboarding I have to redo every page vs. making changes to one page. This is cumbersome and requires a lot more time.
Incentivized
HR, payroll, onboarding, recruiting, timekeeping. I like that we have all HR in one place.
  • Service
  • Education on use.
  • Creating useful new modules.
  • Reasonable pricing.
  • It does not go to the employee name when you hit "enter" in HR & Payroll; it stays on the first employee in the alphabet.
  • In Time and Labor, you have to use the mouse to click on the employee name when searching.
  • Job Target and Indeed do not require candidates to fill out the application, leaving much of it blank.
I have recommended Paylocity to all my HR friends. It is very user-friendly and affordable. All HR in one place!! We recently added the Recruiting and Onboarding modules; they synchronize with other modules well. Employees like using Time and Labor to request time off and see accruals. We are now using the Survey module and love it! Service is awesome; he always responds quickly and can solve my problems and answer my questions. Paylocity integrates well with benefits vendors. Payroll is a snap for two companies!
May 30, 2024

Would recommend

Incentivized
We are a HR department of 2 servicing over 1300 employees. Paylocity has streamlined our work flows and reduced our paper intake dramatically. Allowing us to be a very lean and efficient department.
  • Reduces paper in a paper heavy department
  • Constantly upgrading and improving
  • Program is flexible enough to meet our unique needs
  • Text to Apply in recruiting
  • Better FMLA and LOA tracking
  • More information in the Safety log
I have used quite a few HRIS/Payroll systems and this has been the most user friendly platform. The Mobile App is great and constantly improving. We have been able to customize workflows to meet our needs. Customer service has been great on the payroll side. We have had a few hiccups with Benefits, but I think they are worked out now.
Incentivized
I am the controller of the organization. I use Paylocity for Payroll and time keeping. I use Paylocity for journal entries in Quickbooks and to run reports for time on jobs. The business problems the product address is Payroll and time keeping. The scope of my use case is for these same purposes.
  • Employee data source
  • Taxes
  • Customer Service is number one
  • Availability
  • Customer attention
  • Journal entry import to Quickbooks
  • Help resources are very complex and hard to find answers to problems
Paylocity makes it very easy to process payroll and have time keeping records for employees. Paylocity makes payroll taxes very easy. Paylocity has the potential for journal entry into QuickBooks, but I have not yet taken advantage of this feature as I heard from a friend that it was not useful. Paylocity does not completely remove the need for a bookkeeper or accountant.
Amy Cornwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
We use Paylocity primarily for Payroll and have started using it for expenses as well as training.
  • Payroll is very user friendly
  • Switching between modules is easy
  • The recruiting module is great
  • I would like to be able to create expense reports in administrator mode
  • I also wish I could easily map my own expense codes for the exporting into our accounting system.
  • Implementation team should also be more hands on, not just a guide to read
Paylocity is great for a medium-sized company and probably even a larger company. It is a complete HRIS system so everything can be streamlined instead of using different software or manually completing tasks. The onboarding feature is a great tool and I like how the employees are responsible for adding there own banking and tax information taking the responsibility off of HR.
Audra Jonson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
I am the Compensation and Benefits Manager. I have Admin Access to Paylocity for various aspects at [...].
Benefits, Payroll, Recruiting, Garnishments, Time and Labor and HSA
  • Paylocity has the BEST Customer Service I have ever experienced, bar none
  • Paylocity is always making updates and improvements
  • Paylocity is User Friendly. The app is a wealth of information
  • Texting access via Community
  • Accessing your HSA account is an extensive process. I understand security, but at times it can be a bit ridiculous
  • You have to push for a pin to change an employees address, but not to look or change a social security number? Seems odd, but please don't give me one more pin to access that too. I have more pin notices on my phone from Paylocity then I do messages from family and friends.
  • Running and finding a report I need can be difficult. I normally have to request access from Service who gives me a peak article to read. I looked there first before calling
Paylocity is definitely user friendly compared to other programs, but a times I feel nothing is a simple.
Example: Changing an employee to a Supervisor takes way too many steps. I have to go into SEVERAL tabs in order to make this change. (User Accounts, Time and Labor, HR and Payroll its a back and forth process)
May 06, 2024

Paylocity is Cool!

Incentivized
We use Paylocity for onboarding, employee record management, and payroll. We use Paylocity on a daily basis, multiple times a day. We do not use Paylocity to communicate in our organization, but we do use it as a valuable resource to us in HR. We submit payroll semi-monthly, so we keep up with timekeeping requirements, benefits, 401K, etc.
  • Employee Record Management
  • Timekeeping Settings
  • Reports on Employee Demographics
  • Exception Reports for Payroll
  • Reports - Could be more customize-able
  • Editing benefit codes - cannot remove any codes previously used creating lots of back-work
  • Member services - creating less work tickets
  • EDI file transfers
Paylocity does a great job making it easy and accessible for administrator and employees to comply with state timekeeping requirements, holding employee demographic information, onboarding materials, and benefit elections and settings.
April 29, 2024

Nonprofit Manager

Incentivized
Time cards, evaluations and trainings
  • Being Able to be specific with Overtime i.e. Holiday overtime & training overtime
  • Clocking in & out with ease
  • Good customizable training modules
  • Add punches isn't intuitive
Ease of Use
Ken Hart | TrustRadius Reviewer
Incentivized
Tracking employee hours, payroll processing, expense reimbursement, and employee training. The hours tracking and reporting have helped us track and reduce overtime by being able to hold employees accountable for their punches and managers. Expense reimbursement is greatly simplified and goes right on the employees check cutting down on the number of manual checks that we were writing each month.
  • Hourly tracking
  • Complex pay codes
  • Expense reimbursement module
  • Performance review can be difficult to use - too many back and forth between employee and supervisor
  • Reporting can always be improved - more intuitive
  • Adding a function where two managers can give input on an employee review
Great for tracking hours and payroll processing has been perfect. It also connects with our 403b plan provider Principal allowing data to move back and forth easily and very easy to use for employees and no manual movement of info. The learning module seems a little clunky and could improve (not sure if this is user error or the software itself)
Incentivized
We use all platforms within Paylocity for 10 of our companies: Payroll, Human Resources, Benefits, Performance, and Expense Reports.
  • User friendly for Employees! Great phone app.
  • Timecard features, clock in using cell phone and property radius.
  • Customer Service for Administrator.
  • PTO request and available balance for employees, once approved uploads to manager's calendar.
  • Process to create Custom Reports.
  • Search method in Help.
  • Set up "cheat sheet" when need to change our set up, calculations, etc.
Hands down the best software, based on 4 I've used in the past.
Incentivized
Payroll processing, Tax filing, Benefits and FSA administration. We use Community for announcements and recognition, we do not have business problems that need addressing.
  • Payroll Processing
  • Recruiting
  • Flexible Spending Account and Health Reimbursement account administration. Pulls from the wrong account occasionally, allows use of HRA funds for spouses who are not on the plans.
  • Tax reporting - we have received several late notices and fees that needed to be rectified.
  • Multiple Worksite report is inaccurate
I would recommend Paylocity for Payroll processing and the ease of recruiting and onboarding.
Tax filings could use improvements as well as the functionality of benefit enrollments, and FSA, HRA account administration.
Incentivized
I am the Payroll Specialist using the system for processing, tax reconciliations, GL downloads and journal entries and 941 reconciliations as well.
  • Payroll processing
  • Taxing set-up verification, in particular local taxing requirements
For the size of our company, it works very well in terms of processing and reporting.