Reviews (376-400 of 565)
- Video Calling.
- Recordings are easy and quality is great. The recording of video and audio separately (and together) is automatic and very useful.
- We like the waiting room feature
- The product is free
- We use the paid account. Having a one hour meeting in the free account would be helpful for some but for us, it is affordable at the cost per month.
- The storage of the recording could be done real time instead of at the end of the meeting. This delays us leaving the meeting because we have to wait for the recording to finish.
- Simple to use - This is one of the easiest solutions to communication of all the options I've tried.
- Capture video and audio separately - I like to edit my audio and then match it up with my video. I can do that with each speaker separately so if a noise happens on one audio, I can mute it.
- Reliable - I have never had a dropped video recording (except if my guest has bad internet).
- I would love it if when one speaker speaks, the other speaker volume isn't "dimmed". Sometimes we talk over each other and my guest volume goes down. Sometimes it's just a noise on my part. That makes it hard to get good audio during those times from my guest.
- The waiting room - great feature
- Breakout rooms - such a great idea. I haven't used it yet, but I do have plans to
- Webinar features
- Being able to toggle back and forth between personal and business account (maybe you can do this, but I'm not sure how!)
- Incorporating Zoom into our platform so our clients can use it directly there with their students they work with
- Audio and video conference are excellent
- The mobile app is great
- It is lightweight and you can have lots of automation like the auto dial into particular number etc.
- You can personalize the URL which is easy to remember also.
- Sharing the screen during the meeting is easy and works well.
- Zoom consumes lots of power/battery while running either on laptop or mobile.
- Zoom requires some work to be effective with televisions during a video conference.
- Sharing of content among Zoom participants should be possible and personalized.
We've found Zoom to be the most reliable video conferencing platform, saving us time and frustration.
- Reliability -- We very rarely have technical support issues with our Zoom conferences, which ensures all our meetings are as efficient as possible. This is by far the most important reason we use Zoom.
- Scalability -- You can have up to 500 people on a call (which we will probably never have). That said, because of its scalability, we rarely have to think about whether we can or cannot use Zoom for our current meeting structure.
- Pricing Model -- By offering a free platform, we are able to provide Zoom access to all our teams, while only upgrading to Pro for the teams that need specific feature-sets.
- The only thing I dislike about Zoom is when joining a conference, I'm never sure whether it's going to launch the camera or not. Sometimes we use Zoom for just audio, and having your face appear on camera when you weren't anticipating isn't great (especially when you didn't dress up for the meeting)
The only time I can imagine where Zoom would be inappropriate for a business is if 1.) They don't have video conferencing needs or 2.) Their clients use another platform.
- Oh wow- easy to use and navigate
- Interface was snappy- just a polished and professional looking product
- I felt like it was too pricey compared to other enterprise options
- Recording feature leaves much to be desired
- Works on just about every device: Mobile phones, computers, and conference rooms.
- High-quality video: the Zoom video conference equipment is class-leading, and there always seems to be a high-quality stream to every device.
- The Chrome extension: The Zoom Chrome extension enables users to effortlessly add a Zoom meeting from within the Google Calendar.
- It would be helpful if there was an option to view all/most meeting participants on the screen at one time, this seems to be an issue when there are more then 3 participants.
- When someone wants to share their screen it can be overly complicated - there should be an icon available in the corner to do it in one easy step.
- Some of our vendors have a hard time getting Zoom work using the online meeting invite links.
- The Video Conference options are quite remarkable since you can do multi site live video conference and that saves a lot of time and effort.
- The Web Conference is just amazing for allowing you to share docs, presentations or to just share your desktop.
- The security stands out and is so far reliable allowing you to get the required privacy to establish a secure communication line.
- Zoom for sure can get more intuitive with an explicit menu for web Zoom meeting rooms.
- The Record feature can get also an improvement since I'd like to have the option to add a note during the time lapse of the recording, that will make the process of doing a minute after a meeting of a video conference call easier.
- Sharing background audio is way too far complex for a basic user, I'd like to see those features in a menu that can teach you how to use them.
- Zoom allows for the easy sharing of screens from one person to another - this is helpful if members are scattered in different places and you don't want to share documents, but you do want to see what others are doing.
- Zoom is easy to download and start running if the person on the other end does not have it. The application is extremely user-friendly and super simple for most people to download and use.
- Unlike other webinar features, this doesn't seem to have a text/messaging app built into it. I think that this would be a helpful piece that Zoom could have built in.
- The camera/video feature for facetime-like interaction is not the easiest to turn on and off. It is nice, but hard to use.
- Very good quality conference calls
- Nice pricing comparing to what other providers offer
- Awesome customer support, never had an issue with them
- User Interface not very friendly, needed some time to find everything
- A few times at the beginning of scheduled calls, the video turned on without even asking me, which was very uncomfortable. I fixed this issue in settings
- Needs more advertisement so more of my clients and partners will use it
- Screen Sharing Accessibility.
- The fact that it is Cloud based.
- This is also a great tool to use for training a large group. We have done this and it works well in that aspect.
- The sound is a bit sketchy.
- We are using a free version and our time is up in 40 mins. I think it should be a good round hour instead.
We currently use it throughout all departments
- Content Sharing
- Amazing Admin Portals
- Live data capturing
- Registration to iPads/Androids to multiple rooms with a single activation code
- Webinar with more than 1 spotlight feature
- Recording in side by side view instead of picture in picture
You don't need to buy the most expensive software.
- Communication is effective
- The cost is not too high. Not as expensive as other applications.
- The real time and the friendliness of the application makes it simple and comfortable for all employees who use it.
- Not much needs improvement, but Zoom should have a private chat, like other similar software. Woudl be a good way to maintain the history of the meeting or interview.
- Include users according to the purchase or package purchased.
On the other hand the level of satisfaction, both for me personally and at the level of the organization, is high, since the real-time efficiency is valuable.
- It's user-friendly, easy and intuitive to use if you're already pretty tech-familiar.
- It comes up as it's own window, so you can be attending the meeting and at the same time bring up any documents you'd like to look at during the meeting, all on your computer.
- It also has a chat feature, so if, for instance, the sound isn't working on someone's end, you can still communicate that to the other people in the meeting.
- I think an alert somewhere that tells you if your speakers are not turned on would be helpful. You may have the sound on in your Zoom meeting, but if you're speakers are not on you may not realize why the sound isn't working.
Nothing can replace face-to-face communication, however, this is a great alternative when that just isn't possible.
- Super easy to install and connect.
- Product seems to not have any issues.
- Support Team is solid
- Admin side could use more features. Like the ability to see upcoming Zoom Room meetings from Dashboard or from Room Itself
- The product is easy to use and install.
- The end-user experience is seamless.
- Audio and video Quality is amazing
- Does not consume a lot of bandwidth
- Sharing screen is one of the best out there. It shares whatever you want to share from your desktop to the app.
- Remote support can be buggy sometimes.
- Sometimes it takes a bit to connect to the sessions but it is more a network related issue.
- 2 employees can't use the same account at the same time.
* Remote Support.
- Zoom is easy to use for anyone, whether they are technical or not.
- Zoom is the best service for recovering from internet glitches.
- Zoom allows you to see everyone that's on the call and mute them from the host's device.
- The mobile app could show speak/mute more clearly.
- Much more stability than other solutions (we tried Skype, Facetime, etc.)
- Lower cost than GoTo Meeting and other business solutions.
- Great to have it "automatically" record our meetings so we can always go back and refer to the meetings.
- Really like the ease of the Chrome extension to schedule meetings on the fly and in Google calendar.
- Would like to see some ways to have more fluid users/login for our team.
- Pricing is difficult to understand as you start getting into "add-ons."
- Ease of Use
- Works great on iPhone
- Screen Share at its best
- Cloud and local recording of meetings
- inApp features like chats, polls, taking control over connected participants
- Webcam activation depending on invite settings can be annoying or invasive for some people
- Connect via computer audio can have glitches and people needs to connect voice by phone
- It can freeze sometimes
- Take care on which screen you share if you have a multiple display set up
- Can disconnect meetings for others where group-shared accounts user start another meeting not checking availability
- I adore the capacity to (1) plan a Zoom meeting and have it naturally added to my timetable and welcome different participants.
- (2) have screen share swap forward and backward between participants amid gatherings.
- (3) right away begin a Zoom meeting with somebody.
- (4) remotely get to another PC amid the gathering to take a shot at an undertaking/errand quickly.
- I don't care for the amplifier/speaker criticism that occasionally happens amid a gathering with numerous participants. Be that as it may, the workaround of disengaging from PC sound and interfacing by means of telephone influences it to work without additionally issues. What's more, it may not be Zoom's issue that causes this issue, so I can't censure Zoom.
- The issue for me is the sound, its transmission isn't surely known when you need to make a gathering. It doesn't sound clear. The other thing is that the quantity of members is restricted. On the off chance that you have to include more individuals, it has a cost.
- What I loathe in this instrument is the talk , the visit is extremely old mold and plain, this sort of hardware can be more client friendly, like BBM or even Whatsapp.
We needed to have the ability to have multiple users chat with each other while being able to see each other. While Skype works great 1 on 1, it doesn't allow you to have great multiple user experiences.
- Great for multiple user-video conferencing.
- The ease of use will allow everyone in your company/organization to get started with the service.
- Their support team is always present in case you have a question or need any kind of help.
- Some of the things that make Zoom great are the ability to connect everywhere. Multi-user+platform connectivity would be great
- Honestly, cannot think of many other things zoom can do to improve.
- It's already a great program, beating the competition (Skype)
- high-quality voice
- high-quality video
- I live in Dubai, UAE and the product is filtered. I can use it only with a VPN. I know that the issue is mainly from the country, but i wish it could be solved.
- Its scheduling is fantastic. You can send out a invite to multiple people in just a few clicks. And it connects with your Outlook to make it even easier.
- Works great even on slow internet connections. So if you are working from home, its not a problem.
- Doesnt need any set up to join a meeting. Its super simple so even our "tech challenged" team members are able to get in.
- Video quality and meeting tools (drawing, notes, chat etc) work exactly as you would imagine them to do.
- We have had issues with recording a meeting where sometimes video didnt capture. I am not sure what went wrong but its happened more than once.
- Zoom is simple to use.
- Zoom has a variety of tools that are set up in a fairly intuitive manner.
- Zoom makes hosting meetings very simple and they seem to not experience as much lag and connectivity as some of their major competitors.
- WebEx is a household name; Zoom still has room to grow in that regard.
- Zoom, though easier to use than WebEx, in some ways, does not include a one time password functionality like WebEx, which makes things more convenient.
- To my knowledge, Zoom does not support file transfer and also does not include co-browsing and/or removing attendees from meetings
- Zoom is an exhaustive conference call solution. Anything you need across your internal departments for communication, Zoom most likely has. It caters to my Customer Success team by providing us with effective ways to connect with customers for QBRs and fully equipped webinars and trainings, caters to Sales by allowing them to run successful demos and record calls with prospects, and caters to Support by allowing them quick access to troubleshooting calls and screen shares with users who need live assistance.
- Zoom covers the details very well. They think of all the little things that are necessary to customize a call like annotations, pausing a screen share, breakout rooms, and cloud or local recordings, and audio transcripts.
- Zoom integrates well with the tools we use, especially G Suite. We rely heavily on Google Calendar to coordinate events and Zoom has made it very easy with their Chrome extension to embed meeting information into an event.
- Call quality improvement is always one that we will continue to hope for. We are on many international calls, and many of them cause customers/speakers on other ends to sound faint and muffled. We dream about voice clarity improvement in the future.
- Zoom's dial-in instructions are very detailed but also perhaps provide too much information. It would be helpful if they improved the way the instructions are populated, perhaps by allowing us to more easily edit the format/template (they do currently let you adjust the format/template but it's difficult to do from a user standpoint).
- Dialing into Zoom, sometimes it doesn't pick up the Meeting ID correctly and we have to dial it multiple times (even though we've pushed all the right buttons/numbers). It will usually register one of the numbers twice accidentally, which is somewhat annoying.
- Zoom could improve their meeting layout in screen shares so it doesn't cover the screen that is being shared. Right now it doesn't really hide effectively.
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.
In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:
Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|