Zoom Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Daniel Cameron | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2019

Zoom.us for the win!

Face-to-face meetings are extremely important to help drive business and develop marketing campaigns locally and across the country. Zoom's video conferencing platform allows multiple people to meet together and stay on schedule throughout their busy days. I've had meetings with people who are traveling and in airports or at home. Those meetings wouldn't have been possible if it were not for Zoom.
  • Clean video.
  • Easy integration with email calendars.
  • Audio is perfect and doesn't diminish as more people are on the call.
  • Allows changes to your background.
  • Mobile interface.
  • I have no complaints about the video software!
I've had meetings with my clients while they are traveling or working from home. I've also had meetings with people who are based in different areas of the country. There is a mobile interface too. The product can open up the usual phone call with a personal touch that will only help drive business.
Yes. I am completely happy with the ease of use for all parties during the calls. I have yet to hear feedback from a client that the setup or use of the product was bad.
Read Daniel Cameron's full review
Xenia Le Dinh, PMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization has three offices across the USA and Canada. Zoom is a reliable tool for video conferencing not just across our offices but also with many of our suppliers and clients who are spread across the globe. Our customers love conferencing through Zoom because it doesn't involve installing software or creating an account as well as its flexibility to connect virtually or dial in.
  • Each account has its own Zoom ID that can be used for quick meetings
  • Meetings can be customized to the needs of the individual or organization (join before the host, turn off camera by default, etc.)
  • Meetings can be in a variety of formats and sizes
  • Doesn't have an integrated cloud IP phone system
Zoom is great for any company that has employees, customers, and suppliers spread across cities and countries. Its fun tech features make it perfect for any IT environment. It is probably less suitable for older companies that don't use the internet or varied software.
I used Zoom Rooms in my previous organization and love how all the needs for a meeting integrate within a Zoom Room. For example, a meeting can be booked via the calendar or at the room door, availability of the room is displayed in real time, and there is no personal hardware needed to join the meeting.
Read Xenia Le Dinh, PMP's full review
Saurabh Yadav | TrustRadius Reviewer
Video Webinar Functionality -- I used Zoom for the Video Webinar Functionality, for providing assistance to different user groups all over the world for online code help.
The session was started using one URL only, and peers could join in the same webinar.
Remote access -- The code of peers could be looked into and improved/modified within the session.
  • Adding multiple peers in one call
  • Ability to remotely access peer systems
  • Recording meetings is possible
  • Documentation should be more verbose
  • Need for more How-Tos and FAQs
  • Putting a meeting on Hold is difficult sometimes.
  • When more people come into the same conference, it becomes a puzzle sometimes for them on how to join.
Video Conferencing -- When there is a need to broadcast a lecture, this can be aptly utilized and used with multiple peers sitting all across the world.
Remote assistance -- When there is a need for remotely finding and fixing crucial bugs in a runtime environment.
Collaboration -- Multiple peer access to collaborate and work concurrently.
High Level Of satisfaction - The tool works as expected.
Provides the video calling/ Audio calling features for two way/ multiple peers.
Has the ability for arranging conferences directly or on invite bases.
Ability for remote access for peers.
Read Saurabh Yadav's full review
Clay Horste | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 04, 2019

Zoom Review

We use Zoom for meetings both within the company and with clients. We also use Zoom chat as our messaging platform. We were using Webex for meetings and HipChat for messaging. Our goal in moving to a new meeting and messaging platform was to unify business meetings and messaging within our company as we have gone through some acquisitions recently and we needed to find the best platform for everyone.
  • The integration between messaging and meetings is a big bonus. You can start a meeting directly within the chat window.
  • Zoom meetings are good with large meetings as there are a lot of options when starting a meeting (such as muting everyone from the start).
  • Zoom also provides a mobile app.
  • This was a temporary thing, but when we were first trying out Zoom, the audio quality was terrible. It has gotten quite good without explanation, but it was a rough start. I'm guessing they did some tuning for our company.
  • The chat could use some more features. It is robust but feels quite bare bones when comparing to other platforms.
  • There could be more integrations. We have used integrations with Azure DevOps and Pager Duty in the past and we don't have that with Zoom.
I think Zoom is well suited for most companies that have a lot of online meetings. We are geographically diverse where I use Zoom and we rely on it heavily. Zoom is quite reliable. I don't think it is as well suited for a company that is primarily development based as the integrations just aren't there.
We have a Zoom Room and are using it as a test for more Zoom Rooms. They are nice as they integrate into the rest of the equipment in the room and allow meeting participants to concentrate on the meeting itself rather than trying to get the equipment working correctly. We are definitely going to expand their use to the majority of our conference rooms.
Read Clay Horste's full review
Heather Neisen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is our go-to video chat tool. We use it for daily standup meetings as well as casual internal meetings throughout the day where we need to share documents. We also use it for clients when we want to review spreadsheets as long as they feel comfortable with the technology.
  • Quick links to share and get running.
  • Easy screen share and user tools that are easy to find and use.
  • Mobile device use as well as desktop use.
  • At times it can make the whole computer function slow down.
  • If internet is spotty it can be hard to hear or cut in and out (more of an internet issue)
Simple to get up and running. Great to see colleagues face to face instead of just talking over the phone. No logins like Skype or clunky dashboards like Webex. The mobile app means you can dial in from anywhere and that is helpful for our remote team that is always on the road traveling.
Yes; they are a nice tool to have whenever we want to "quickly discuss" a project or situation.
Read Heather Neisen's full review
Michael Jipping | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Zoom as the Communication Software for Project with several of our vendors. Zoom is the Conference Call Software they provide. This collaboration software allows us to effectively communicate, share screens, and share files. Very easy to install and get connected to your conference call. Would recommend to others.
  • Software is very easy to install and connect to your Conference Bridge Line.
  • Zoom allows for the typical functions you would expect in a Collaboration Software. (Share Screen, Share Files, Muting, audio connections.)
  • As a end user of the software, Zoom does a great job at ease of access and usability, something very important when experiencing a new software to use.
  • I have not experienced any faults with the software. As always we as users appreciate new features and new abilities released with new versions as they come available. Perhaps functionality with built-in screenshots would be available to capture screen share important information.

Zoom would be ideal for customers looking to improve their conference / collaboration environment with an easy and flexible solution. Zoom does many aspects very well that would benefit most small, medium, and large organizations.

Read Michael Jipping's full review
Raphael Sanguinete | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is a great tool for virtual conferences and we use it alogside with Google Meet for the virtual meetings that we have. Many of our projects have people from distant places taking part in some roles of the project, so we use many tools for remote work workflow and Zoom is one of them.
  • The screensharing feature in Zoom is better than in other similar apps.
  • Zoom has a great stability. Its rare to have problems with connection and stream fluidity.
  • Zoom is simple to use and always connects well with audio, video and recording devices.
  • The first time that one of our partners use Zoom, sometimes they cannot configure well the app. I think Google Meet is simpler in that aspect.
  • Zoom has limitations in the basic plans and the paid plans are expensive. So sometimes we use Google Meet because its integrated in our GSuite.
Zoom is well suited for small teams that want a robust videoconference application and usually do small virtual meetings. If you have to pay, I think Zoom is better suited for bigger companies, because small teams with a tight budget can use other tools that can do the job for free or for a smaller cost.
I've never used Zoom Rooms.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Cristian Bodnarasec | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Zoom at eSilicon for the whole company for:
- instant messaging
- audio conferencing
- video conferencing
- screen sharing
Being a global company we need to have a state of the art conferencing system. I have noticed personally how the productivity and collaboration between remote teams has improved by adopting Zoom. The biggest difference from the previous conferencing solution is the quality in audio and screen sharing.
  • Audio quality is the best I experienced in many conferencing systems. If nobody is talking it is so quiet that you may think nobody is there.
  • Screen sharing speed is almost instant. We got used to say this whenever we were starting screen share: "Please let me know when you see my screen". Now that is no longer needed.
  • The ability to select live the speaker and microphone used is tremendous. I can switch during a meeting from headset to large speakers and even walk around the desk if I am not required to speak.
  • Instant chat is not quite instant. That is the reason its adoption for us is not high.
  • The mobile app(Android) doesn't have all features as the desktop one and has some room for improvement, also the instant chat delay.
  • The calendar in the app is not showing all Zoom meetings you have, just the ones you initiated, which is a little frustrating. It could be a great way to minimize the dependency on Outlook calendar.
Zoom is best suited for audio and video conferencing, screen sharing. It has the best quality I have seen so far in all apps we tried: Lync, Skype, Webex.
Less suited I can say it is for instant chat, where there may be some delays, especially when you use the mobile app. The messages are coming sometimes very late or not at all.
We recently installed 2 Zoom rooms but I did not use so far.
Read Cristian Bodnarasec's full review
Sandi Ols | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used throughout our institution. It allows us to participate in video calls and view webinars via our Wi-Fi connection. It is an amazing tool that we use for communication and can be used anywhere. We can share videos and documents while sitting in the comfort of our own office or even from home.
  • Easy to download and easy to use.
  • Convenient-it can be used anywhere, on demand, and allows for multiple users.
  • Love being able to screen share and the quality is amazing!
  • Can record the meeting/session.
  • I think it is probably our Wi-Fi but sometimes it takes a while to connect.
Screen/document sharing & video conferencing are great ways to utilize Zoom.
No, I have not but am going to look into it. It sounds interesting...
Read Sandi Ols's full review
Lisa Walke | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have access to the platform at several of our campuses. It assists in planning system-wide meetings, conferences, Regents Meetings etc.
  • The screen sharing feature is great. It allows us to discuss logistical details without having to be in the same room.
  • Easy access regardless of location. I can log in from my cell phone, desk top or a landline.
  • I've been using Zoom less than a year and it serves my purposes in its current incarnation. Our biggest challenge is internal hardware, we don't all have cameras at our workstations.
As an event planner it's incredibly helpful to have a live interaction with someone who isn't within a reasonable distance. Visual cues help determine if I'm on the right track with a client and how clients' feelings may differ across the board.
Read Lisa Walke's full review
Carl Sandhoff | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 11, 2018

Zoom is THE Solution

We use Zoom for video conferencing, collaboration, audio-only calls, and client meetings.
  • Take advantage of the freemium solution Zoom offers to try it out. It is a full-featured, free version. The only limitation is the time for a meeting, which is 40 minutes. Do yourself a favor and try Zoom!
  • The interface is incredibly easy. The licensing is easy to understand. The administration doesn't take any special training. It just works. It makes sense. It does all of this while providing conferencing solutions at a fraction of the cost of the traditional players in this area.
  • More robust analytics on the backend would be nice. This doesn't impact how great the functionality is.
I have been involved in the decision to leverage Zoom to improve video conferencing experiences in my last two positions. When an Executive Leader says they are frustrated with the current solution and they "just want it to work", the answer is always Zoom. My current company is a Zoom Integrator and reseller, but I want to review this application as a user.

Zoom is great for huddle spaces, conference rooms, training, webinars, mobile video meetings, or at your desk.
I use Zoom daily and several times per day. If it were anything other than easy and convenient I would be using something else. Keep up the great work, guys!
Read Carl Sandhoff's full review
JayJay Kim | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 10, 2018

Zoom in!

Zoom is being utilized by the entire organization and it address problem of disconnect you feel as you have many remote offices and employees. It also eases work from home experience as well. It is the next best thing to seeing people in person.
  • Ease of Use - The most non-technical users are able to pick up and use zoom easily
  • Listen to Customers - Zoom listens to what customers need and want particularly well. It is a customer based product. It seems like common sense that product should be customer focused, but you don't see that a lot in other companies.
  • Stability - Zoom has not had a major outage for the 3 years we've used them.
  • UI refresh. It's getting a little old and could use the screen real estate a little better.
  • More advanced features. As zoom grows, it has all the basics covered and could do better with advanced features. Some examples are NDI integration, building out a broadcast system like Skype TX, room usage report, etc.
It is always well suited for small medium-ish to big companies.
Just wouldn't recommend it for really small businesses where everyone is working from an office.
Yes it is AWESOME!
Read JayJay Kim's full review
Traci Bean | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 10, 2018

Zoom-tastic!

We currently use Zoom to provide special education and therapeutic services to students and patients across the country. Additionally, we utilize Zoom internally to hold departmental meetings.
  • Screen sharing is especially easy to use and allows our providers the flexibility they need to move between activities quickly and seamlessly.
  • The annotate feature is helpful when teaching students writing skills and in completing online worksheets and other educational activities.
  • Scheduling is easy when we use the recurring event feature since we typically see the same student at the same time each week.
  • When using the AirShare on an iPad, there doesn't seem to be anyway to allow the sharing of app functionality.
  • Sometimes the annotate feature is difficult to find.
I have recommended Zoom to many colleagues due to the ease of use and the ability to establish a BAA for HIPAA security. I tend to get geeked out on the many features available on Zoom and am excited to see what Zoom has in store for the future of video conferencing.
We don't typically use Zoom Rooms.
Read Traci Bean's full review
Priti Asai / Thakkar | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 01, 2019

Zoom review

Zoom was part of our daily meetings within my organization. We used it to do content sharing and video conferencing.
  • The quality of voice and video is really good.
  • You can control the attendees by keeping the admin settings on (mute all attendees/raise hands for questions etc).
  • Screen controlling should be more efficient and faster.
  • Easy doodling should be available.
Zoom is well suited for setting up a multi-user conference. It is easy to send the meeting invite through email.
No, I have not used Zoom rooms.
Read Priti Asai / Thakkar's full review
Brennen Hyatt | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a SaaS company, the need for meetings with screen share is a must. Zoom allows me to host meetings with clients and prospects to connect and share my screen to show them the technology.
  • Zoom makes it super easy to share my computer screen to conference participants.
  • Integration with Google calendar makes it simple to book meetings.
  • Mobile compatibility is excellent.
  • Meeting participants will need to download the Zoom plugin in order to join a meeting.
Zoom is well suited for people in sales who require screen share capabilities or just need to bring multiple people together on one call.
Zoom rooms allows us to connect our internal conference rooms with zoom meetings. This allows us to easily book a room and have Zoom automatically connect with the room.
Read Brennen Hyatt's full review
Kerry Floyd | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across the organization -- we have about 700 remote employees and we use it to host meetings all the time. It's fast, reliable, easy to use on desktop or mobile, and it's incredibly simple to set up. Most of our remote employees are between 22-26 so it's great that they can use it on their phones.
  • Simple setup
  • Very reliable
  • Clear image quality
  • Nothing! This is a very reliable product.
If you have a lot of people who need to call into a meeting and you want to also video chat with them, it's a super useful tool. The gallery view makes it feel like everyone's in the room, and it's nice to be able to selectively share your screen.
No, we don't use zoom rooms.
Read Kerry Floyd's full review
Gary Hirschfeld | TrustRadius Reviewer
We record and share conference calls using video and video conferencing. We are able to easily schedule calls with our candidates (for employment) and are not limited by the number of invitations or the length of the meeting. In addition, the recordings are easy to make and save and can be viewed from their site (or another cloud provider we upload to).
  • Video Calling.
  • Recordings are easy and quality is great. The recording of video and audio separately (and together) is automatic and very useful.
  • We like the waiting room feature
  • The product is free
  • We use the paid account. Having a one hour meeting in the free account would be helpful for some but for us, it is affordable at the cost per month.
  • The storage of the recording could be done real time instead of at the end of the meeting. This delays us leaving the meeting because we have to wait for the recording to finish.
It just works better than other products.It is suited for all calls we make. We do not use it for desktop sharing as much as another product we like better.
Read Gary Hirschfeld's full review
Molly Terbovich-Ridenhour | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is used for meetings when remote workers or staff are out of town. It allows the organization to conduct business, regardless of location.
  • More personable with Video!
  • Allows callers to see who is speaking
  • Mute features so there is not the disturbance of background noise.
  • Not all webcams are the same quality
  • When using from a Smartphone, it isn’t as user friendly
  • Filters would be great (when working from home and need to ‘look’ presentable. (Ha!)
Meetings with colleagues from across the country are practical and productive
Read Molly Terbovich-Ridenhour's full review
Prasanna Nattuthurai | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used it in my Master's program. We use Zoom as a part of our hybrid class lectures. I personally use Zoom for taking lectures in my Youtube channel.
  • Share screen and remote control.
  • Group Conference within meeting groups.
  • Audio quality.
  • Ability to stop recording sessions by Admin.
For classroom environments and for business meetings, I prefer Zoom over Skype. For personal calls, I still use Skype due to its subscriptions and VOIP features.
Its pleasant for a classroom environment and I did a whole semester online without any problems.
Read Prasanna Nattuthurai's full review
Ashia Ackov | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Zoom to collaborate in our group while putting together articles. I haven't been using it very long but from what I can say so far, it really helps us share ideas clearly without the issues of dropped connections or lack of space if we need to include other to our party.
  • Screen Sharing Accessibility.
  • The fact that it is Cloud based.
  • This is also a great tool to use for training a large group. We have done this and it works well in that aspect.
  • The sound is a bit sketchy.
  • We are using a free version and our time is up in 40 mins. I think it should be a good round hour instead.
Zoom is helpful for all your Collaboration needs. Especially if you want to share a large web presentation with a larger group, this tool is perfect.
With the Free Version, I am able to access breakout rooms. It can be helpful when dividing the meeting into department sections.
Read Ashia Ackov's full review
Kenny Mai | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2018

Zoom Innovations

We recently deployed Zoom globally. We've successfully deployed to Japan, Europe, Asia, North America, Brazil.
We currently use it throughout all departments
  • Content Sharing
  • Amazing Admin Portals
  • Live data capturing
  • Registration to iPads/Androids to multiple rooms with a single activation code
  • Webinar with more than 1 spotlight feature
  • Recording in side by side view instead of picture in picture
Really easy to use.
You don't need to buy the most expensive software.
We currently use a couple of Zoom Rooms, but are in a migration to changing to a lot more. I love the upgrading and managing all the Zoom Rooms on the admin portal
Read Kenny Mai's full review
Jose Raul Faria | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use this application to address group communication needs at a distance. In our case, we are a construction company and we must have constant meetings for management and results; this tool is necessary to make our communication less impersonal and allow us to reach face-to-face agreements in real time. It is worth highlighting that the entire organization is using this application as an effective and direct method of communication.
  • Communication is effective
  • The cost is not too high. Not as expensive as other applications.
  • The real time and the friendliness of the application makes it simple and comfortable for all employees who use it.
  • Not much needs improvement, but Zoom should have a private chat, like other similar software. Woudl be a good way to maintain the history of the meeting or interview.
  • Include users according to the purchase or package purchased.
The ideal scenario is when you want to have a meeting with a group of people, in real time, without communication failures.
I use it sometimes, because I frequently conference to meet group and remote needs in real time. I think there are many features suitable for my business and I will continue to exploit them to give more scope to my investment in this application.

On the other hand the level of satisfaction, both for me personally and at the level of the organization, is high, since the real-time efficiency is valuable.

Read Jose Raul Faria's full review
Chris Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Zoom for conference rooms and some teaching. We also use Zoom in the labs for when faculty have the need to repair equipment. They connect with the vendor and use Zoom so they can see the issues.
  • Super easy to install and connect.
  • Product seems to not have any issues.
  • Support Team is solid
  • Admin side could use more features. Like the ability to see upcoming Zoom Room meetings from Dashboard or from Room Itself
  • The product is easy to use and install.
  • The end-user experience is seamless.
Read Chris Palmer's full review
Jessica Martin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zoom internally and externally. It's the best video conferencing tool we have found.
  • Zoom is easy to use for anyone, whether they are technical or not.
  • Zoom is the best service for recovering from internet glitches.
  • Zoom allows you to see everyone that's on the call and mute them from the host's device.
  • The mobile app could show speak/mute more clearly.
Zoom is well suited for video calls for 2 people up to 10 people. More than 10 gets a bit confusing, but that's not a technology issue.
Read Jessica Martin's full review
Bart Caylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
We really like how Zoom has enhanced our ability to work remotely. As a virtual agency, we use Zoom for internal meetings with staff around the world, as well as meetings with clients all around North America. It helps us gain trust with our clients without the expense of travel.
  • Much more stability than other solutions (we tried Skype, Facetime, etc.)
  • Lower cost than GoTo Meeting and other business solutions.
  • Great to have it "automatically" record our meetings so we can always go back and refer to the meetings.
  • Really like the ease of the Chrome extension to schedule meetings on the fly and in Google calendar.
  • Would like to see some ways to have more fluid users/login for our team.
  • Pricing is difficult to understand as you start getting into "add-ons."
Very good for business communication. Love it as well using the mobile app when you are not able to be in front of a screen.
No, have not used the Rooms function.
Read Bart Caylor's full review

High quality audio (578)
High quality video (580)
Low bandwidth requirements (512)
Mobile support (1)
Desktop sharing (574)
Whiteboards (360)
Calendar integration (510)
Meeting initiation (564)
Integrates with social media (219)
Record meetings / events (536)
Slideshows (379)
Live chat (480)
Audience polling (292)
Q&A (331)
User authentication (403)
Participant roles & permissions (452)
Confidential attendee list (315)

About Zoom

Zoom
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:

Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.

Zoom Rooms
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.

Zoom Phone
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.

Zoom Features

Has featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Does not have featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing
Has featureMobile Screen Sharing
Has featureVideo Breakout Rooms
Has featureScreen share video with audio

Zoom Video

Zoom Product Overview Video -- Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.

Zoom Integrations

Slack, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Pardot, Zapier, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, LTI Canvas, LTI Blackboard, LTI Moodle, LTI Desire2Learn, Kubi

Zoom Competitors