Reviews (101-116 of 116)
- Self-Service Desk - this great functionality sets your users in place for 24/7 incident management and delivery of a knowledge base.
- Modular base - Based on the needs of your company you can choose which modules fit for your organization.
- More functionability for Managed Service Providers
- Self Service Portal: the portal is user friendly and has a modern and fresh look. By using tiles with graphics, end users can easily find what they are looking for. The search function on the Self Service Portal is very strong.
- Workflow engine: with the embedded workflow engine, Topdesk provides you with an easy tool to create and modify workflows and their approvals. You don't need to be an engineer to create a workflow.
- Integration of Services: it's very easy to integrate services. An example is the integration of Meeting Room Manager and Visitor Management. From creating a meeting room, a visitor can be registered in the system. Only 1 action is needed for that, instead of 2. Another example is the selection of supporting services for an event.
- Sometimes a module cannot be used effectively without purchasing another module. An example is that Reservations Management cannot be used as it should without the module for Building Management.
- Deployment for test to production is a manual interface. Everything has to be typed over from test to production and all settings have to be copied to the production environment. That is very error-sensitive.
- Sometimes it's difficult to find tickets and changes. You have to know how to search or type in the numbers exactly with spaces in between.
It is not very suitable for processes were financial management comes in.
We make almost the entire organization use TOPdesk. It gives us an overview of the quality of the provided support and accelerates some of our processes including the delivery of hardware in combination with a WACON tablet to digitally sign or a QR code as a service solution for coffee machines in house from an external supplier. Thanks to the application and its options, we were able to speed up the process so that there is now no effort on the part of our organization in the case of a malfunction.
The modules are easy to use and there are many coupling options such as XML. Currently we use almost all TOPdesk modules and handle about 160,000 client contact moments at our support desks every year.
- We use TOPdesk in combination with other programs such as Q - Manage (Dutch Network Security Program). When a device status is "stolen" or "stock", it will be directly blocked by our network.
- We use the module reservations management so we can streamline many applications. The customer can reserve themselves the necessary resources such as laptops or speaking areas. They do this themselves in the SelfService module and receive immediate confirmation by email.
- Through cooperation with the Facilities department, we are able to handle complex issues such as department relocations alignment.
- Due to the enormous growth of the company the customer experience from the development departments is sometimes forgotten. This is a focus point which is also seriously taken up by the program owners.
- I would like to see a certification track. How can users prove that they are experienced users of TOPdesk?
- Their support department is phenomenal. There are enthusiastic people always pull out all the stops to help you!
- All of their standard modules work fine. 2 or 3 are missing (in my humble opinion) functionality, but that's easy to fix [see below].
- Finally, the value for money is fine.
- 1: The Form Designer module. That one is missing some functionality.
- 2: The visitors registration module. That ons also is missing functionality.
TOPdesk is well suited for IT, and facility management.
If you use TOPdesk only for making Reservations, for example, at a company restaurant, then there is a slight chance that you will miss functionality.
We use TopDesk for:
- Customer information & registration
- Maintenance & vehicle history & calculation
- Planning overview for vehicles works really well for us.
- You can put loads of information in the system without losing the overview.
- Automatic booking confirmations works really well for us.
- Vehicle planning which is suitable or at least visible on a smartphone.
- Smaller package for smaller companies maybe. We are not using all the available options.
- Invoicing option would be great. We are now using another program for the invoices we send to our customers.
- Change management
- Object management
- The ability to link every object and change an issue with each other.
- Right now we're on a bit of an older version (updating soon!), they could use better browser compatibility
- Parts of configuration are still on the server instead of in the app. It takes a bit more time
- Users have access to a very easy to use helpdesk system
- Support desk employees have a full overview of all outstanding and open calls
- As a manager, you have several tools to overview the performance of your department
- TOPdesk is definitely not the cheapest helpdesk tool
- TOPdesk is not a tool for building a complete document library
- Relatively logical and organized user interface. Although it has its quirks, the interface is practical and function with some degree of user personalization available.
- Workflow. Ability to organize dependency related workflows and templates is a key feature.
- Knowledge base. The centralized knowledge base is definitely a key feature for us, allowing us to collect, organize, and easily edit vast quantities of existing knowledge.
- User interface & layout. While the user interface is far better than any of our previous products, it does have some layout issues resulting in excessive mousing around for routine tasks, and not enough keyboard integration.
- Highly customizable. Sometimes the highly customizable nature of TOPdesk can seem daunting. Planning outside TOPdesk before embarking on customization activities is key to getting where you want to go with the product.
- Very intuative for our end-users
- Easy to make adjustments in forms and pages
- Nice self-service portal functions for out-of-the-box use
- Copy and past-ing of images isn't possible
- E-mail forms will Always need to create a ticket. It would be nice to create forms without a ticket function.
- Easy configuration for your own process
- Continously improving with new and more advanced features
- Cross platform integration, objects for example can be reached by several modules
- Managing objects per person could use an update
- It's not that easy to get reminded (without email) when there are incidents, changes and problems issued to a user. You need to check more than one module for a complete overview
- It would be nice to have an option to use a user agreement when delivering a laptop for instance to an employee, which he/she need to sign
- Incident & Problem Management
- Basic Change Management
- Request Fullfillment
- Easy to use Incident Management.
- The TOPdesk vendor has a very good support team.
- Reporting and selections. The reporting options are easy to use, but also limited in functionality. Reports can be scheduled to run automatically and to provide output per mail or in a document. Selections are more powerful, but there is no option to schedule them.
- Change Management module is powerful, but has a steep learning curve.
- The SelfServiceDesk. Good to see that there are great improvements in the latest TOPdesk version.
Tickets are taken in first line by our help desk team. If tickets can't be solved by the help desk team, than tickets can be escalated to the suited support team, to the support organisation of a vendor or to the management of the help desk & support team. All communication happens via e-mail and all interactions and time registrations are logged in the system. These registrations are used to monitor our SLA's.
TOPdesk is a set of different modules and the ticketing module is the central part of the application. We use the ticketing module also for handling questions in one of our business service departments. We use it, as it was an application we had already in house, but it is not really suited for that.
Furthermore we bought also some facility management modules to manage the reservation of meeting rooms in our organisation.
- Rather cheap but each module has an extra cost.
- The TOPdesk organisation listens to the community. Next versions of the product contain often new wanted features.
- Open. It's easy to integrate your corporate data in the product.
- Broad set of functionality.
- Browser based, so easy to deploy.
- Communication can be adapted to your corporate identity.
- Every extra module has an extra cost (most modules cost the same and there are little economies of scale).
- Rather rigid functionality. You have to use the functionality as provided. It's not always easy to match that to your own needs.
- Not at lot of standard integration with other products. We could use an integration with JIRA e.g. but that's rather hard to do.
TOPdesk Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
1. Easy to use, quick to set up
2. Suitable for IT, FM or HR.
3. Seamless integrations with other packages.
4. Guaranteed service excellence.
5.Attractive and flexible licensing model TOPdesk has 20+ years experience in helping 5000+ organizations worldwide deliver the best service.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
TOPdesk has a unique license model: - Modular: Select the modules you need and easily expand as your business grows - Saas or On premise - Unlimited number of assets. Successful asset management should not be dependent on the license of your product. - End users OR service agents based, whichever fits your situation best. If you are looking for flexibility in the number of agents for e.g. extra busy times of the year, the flexible end user license lets you add agents without any restrictions, no day passes needed.
TOPdesk Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||5%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||55%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||40%|
TOPdesk Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TOPdesk Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Norwegian|