Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider packOur entire company uses Zoom. We switched to Zoom because it is a fraction of the cost of what we used to spend with our old provider and the service is much better. Zoom solved our soaring conferencing costs and the complexity of using our old provider's service. Our old provider's service and support model was grossly outdated and the technology was as well. Our users love Zoom because of how easy it is to use. Call initiation and scheduling are a dream with Zoom. I highly recommend it to any business who is struggling with finding a solution.,Zoom is very easy to use. We haven't had but a handful of helpdesk tickets related to its use so far. Zoom is inexpensive. We use a lot of conference minutes because our conference calls usually involve at least 10 participants, which makes the price of regular conferencing services really high. Zoom's pricing allows us to actually create an accurate monthly budget for the service. Zoom's service is superb. We've never had a glitch, an outage, or any performance problems with the service. Zoom's support is excellent. Zoom techs know what they're doing and have solved all of our issues within minutes. A+++,We've had no issues so far. The few helpdesk tickets we've had have been on our end or have been a need for a bit of user training.,10,Extreme cost savings. Not kidding here. We use a lot of minutes per month and the savings over our old provider is in the thousands of dollars. Integration into Outlook is excellent. Everyone loves the plugin and the ease of scheduling meetings. Active Directory integration is nice too. Our users use their same credentials so that there's no new usernames or passwords to remember.,We've had a great experience with Zoom Rooms. Everyone who initiates a call uses the functionality because there's always a presentation or collaboration of some type. We are very satisfied with Zoom Rooms, which is a significant feature that our old provider didn't offer. We highly recommend Zoom Rooms for conferencing.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync),No,10,No,Every time. We've never come away from an email conversation or a conference call with Zoom with the feeling that we haven't been helped. Our issues have always been resolved--as few as there have been. Their support made sure our onboarding went smooth and that we were happy.Zoom is a great and feature rich tool. But a bit expensive too.Zoom is a great tool for virtual conferences and we use it alogside with Google Meet for the virtual meetings that we have. Many of our projects have people from distant places taking part in some roles of the project, so we use many tools for remote work workflow and Zoom is one of them.,The screensharing feature in Zoom is better than in other similar apps. Zoom has a great stability. Its rare to have problems with connection and stream fluidity. Zoom is simple to use and always connects well with audio, video and recording devices.,The first time that one of our partners use Zoom, sometimes they cannot configure well the app. I think Google Meet is simpler in that aspect. Zoom has limitations in the basic plans and the paid plans are expensive. So sometimes we use Google Meet because its integrated in our GSuite.,8,Zoom improves our collaboration in virtual meetings with its tools. We is a good tool for our workflow with a small cost.,I've never used Zoom Rooms.,appear.in and SkypeZoom is the one for enterprise conferencingWe are using Zoom at eSilicon for the whole company for: - instant messaging - audio conferencing - video conferencing - screen sharing Being a global company we need to have a state of the art conferencing system. I have noticed personally how the productivity and collaboration between remote teams has improved by adopting Zoom. The biggest difference from the previous conferencing solution is the quality in audio and screen sharing.,Audio quality is the best I experienced in many conferencing systems. If nobody is talking it is so quiet that you may think nobody is there. Screen sharing speed is almost instant. We got used to say this whenever we were starting screen share: "Please let me know when you see my screen". Now that is no longer needed. The ability to select live the speaker and microphone used is tremendous. I can switch during a meeting from headset to large speakers and even walk around the desk if I am not required to speak.,Instant chat is not quite instant. That is the reason its adoption for us is not high. The mobile app(Android) doesn't have all features as the desktop one and has some room for improvement, also the instant chat delay. The calendar in the app is not showing all Zoom meetings you have, just the ones you initiated, which is a little frustrating. It could be a great way to minimize the dependency on Outlook calendar.,10,Our collaboration with the remote teams and their productivity clearly increased due to the higher quality of Zoom. The in-meeting technical issues, like can't hear, can't join etc have greatly diminished which results in less time spent on meetings and more on the actual work. Initially we planned to use Zoom for instant chat also, however we are still stuck with Skype for Business(former Lync) due to some issues with Zoom instant chatting.,We recently installed 2 Zoom rooms but I did not use so far.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Skype and WebEx MeetingsAn Easy Choice, An Easy OptionIt is being used throughout our institution. It allows us to participate in video calls and view webinars via our Wi-Fi connection. It is an amazing tool that we use for communication and can be used anywhere. We can share videos and documents while sitting in the comfort of our own office or even from home.,Easy to download and easy to use. Convenient-it can be used anywhere, on demand, and allows for multiple users. Love being able to screen share and the quality is amazing! Can record the meeting/session.,I think it is probably our Wi-Fi but sometimes it takes a while to connect.,10,Zoom has provided a convenient way to communicate between campus locations. If someone cannot travel for a meeting, they can connect through Zoom and they are right there! Better communication includes better collaboration.,No, I have not but am going to look into it. It sounds interesting...,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and RingCentral MeetingsI'm definitely not using Zoom to it's full potentialWe have access to the platform at several of our campuses. It assists in planning system-wide meetings, conferences, Regents Meetings etc.,The screen sharing feature is great. It allows us to discuss logistical details without having to be in the same room. Easy access regardless of location. I can log in from my cell phone, desk top or a landline.,I've been using Zoom less than a year and it serves my purposes in its current incarnation. Our biggest challenge is internal hardware, we don't all have cameras at our workstations.,7,Improved collaboration for sure. But from the last page, I can tell my campus isn't using the full functionality of the system. Our main use is the online meeting where we can screen share ideas, etc.
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
Top Rated Award
Showing 212 of 561 Zoom ratings and reviews.
Kenneth Hess profile photo
November 30, 2018

Review: "Zoom zooms past the conference calling solution provider pack"

Likelihood to Recommend

Honestly, Zoom is such an improvement over our previous provider's service, no one has complained. I don't have any idea where its use would be inappropriate or inadequate. Zoom serves us very well. We're extremely happy with the service, support, and pricing. We have more than 100 users and a record of no complaints is significant.
Read Kenneth Hess's full review
Raphael Sanguinete profile photo
November 26, 2018

Review: "Zoom is a great and feature rich tool. But a bit expensive too."

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is well suited for small teams that want a robust videoconference application and usually do small virtual meetings. If you have to pay, I think Zoom is better suited for bigger companies, because small teams with a tight budget can use other tools that can do the job for free or for a smaller cost.
Read Raphael Sanguinete's full review
Cristian Bodnarasec profile photo
November 19, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the one for enterprise conferencing"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is best suited for audio and video conferencing, screen sharing. It has the best quality I have seen so far in all apps we tried: Lync, Skype, Webex.
Less suited I can say it is for instant chat, where there may be some delays, especially when you use the mobile app. The messages are coming sometimes very late or not at all.
Read Cristian Bodnarasec's full review
Sandi Ols profile photo
November 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "An Easy Choice, An Easy Option"

Likelihood to Recommend

Screen/document sharing & video conferencing are great ways to utilize Zoom.
Read Sandi Ols's full review
Lisa Walke profile photo
November 17, 2018

Review: "I'm definitely not using Zoom to it's full potential"

Likelihood to Recommend

As an event planner it's incredibly helpful to have a live interaction with someone who isn't within a reasonable distance. Visual cues help determine if I'm on the right track with a client and how clients' feelings may differ across the board.
Read Lisa Walke's full review
Carl Sandhoff profile photo
October 11, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is THE Solution"

Likelihood to Recommend

I have been involved in the decision to leverage Zoom to improve video conferencing experiences in my last two positions. When an Executive Leader says they are frustrated with the current solution and they "just want it to work", the answer is always Zoom. My current company is a Zoom Integrator and reseller, but I want to review this application as a user.

Zoom is great for huddle spaces, conference rooms, training, webinars, mobile video meetings, or at your desk.
Read Carl Sandhoff's full review
Johny Jacques profile photo
October 11, 2018

User Review: "Still in love with Zoom 4+ years later"

Likelihood to Recommend

I think Zoom works for all scenarios honestly. I just can't think of any other solution that delivers on this level. I have had a love affair with Zoom for over 4 years now and the flames haven't stopped burning.
Read Johny Jacques's full review
JayJay Kim profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "Zoom in!"

Likelihood to Recommend

It is always well suited for small medium-ish to big companies.
Just wouldn't recommend it for really small businesses where everyone is working from an office.
Read JayJay Kim's full review
Traci Bean profile photo
October 10, 2018

User Review: "Zoom-tastic!"

Likelihood to Recommend

I have recommended Zoom to many colleagues due to the ease of use and the ability to establish a BAA for HIPAA security. I tend to get geeked out on the many features available on Zoom and am excited to see what Zoom has in store for the future of video conferencing.
Read Traci Bean's full review
Eric Weiss profile photo
June 15, 2018

Zoom Review: "Sharing your screen, not your pain"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is well suited for presentations, technical support, demoing your product, or simply putting a face and meeting one on one with someone you may have gone back and forth with multiple emails or phone calls and building a stronger relationship with your clients. I know I get compliments about going "the extra mile" of jumping on a screen share compared to sending an email sometimes with a link that tells someone to read an article to solve a problem.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
Peter Filias profile photo
June 14, 2018

Review: "Zoom is amazing - no other call platform compares!"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is well suited anywhere you have people in various locations - whether they are employees, contractors, customers, or prospective customers. Zoom is not well suited where internet connectivity issues exist. If there is questionable service, call quality degrades and it's advisable to disable the video portion of the call. It would be nice to have something in the UI suggest that a user disable video if their connection is unstable - perhaps?
Read Peter Filias's full review
Robbin Block profile photo
June 14, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is Your Remote Consulting Friend"

Likelihood to Recommend

As I said, it's perfect for working one-on-one with clients to demo software, go over a plan, share a screen remotely to do just about anything. That saves so much time. And you can do all that with the free version. I'm looking forward to trying it out for webinars. I've sat through a few of Zoom's webinars that explain how to set it up, and they've been very helpful.

It's worked well for me for what I need so far, so not sure where it may be less appropriate.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Kerry Floyd profile photo
September 21, 2018

User Review: "Get meetings done at Zoom speed :)"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you have a lot of people who need to call into a meeting and you want to also video chat with them, it's a super useful tool. The gallery view makes it feel like everyone's in the room, and it's nice to be able to selectively share your screen.
Read Kerry Floyd's full review
Gary Hirschfeld profile photo
September 18, 2018

Review: "Zoom is not only the best but it also does not break the bank"

Likelihood to Recommend

It just works better than other products.It is suited for all calls we make. We do not use it for desktop sharing as much as another product we like better.
Read Gary Hirschfeld's full review
Stacy Brookman profile photo
August 10, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the best option for virtual meeting and recording"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is well-suited for recording interviews for podcasts or vlogs. I even video myself for training here. It may be less appropriate for someone who wants very professional training videos.
Read Stacy Brookman's full review
Prasanna Nattuthurai profile photo
November 27, 2018

User Review: "Why Zoom and how I used it?"

Likelihood to Recommend

For classroom environments and for business meetings, I prefer Zoom over Skype. For personal calls, I still use Skype due to its subscriptions and VOIP features.
Read Prasanna Nattuthurai's full review
Bridgette Reynolds profile photo
August 01, 2018

"Zoom Review"

Likelihood to Recommend

It's been a wonderful tool that I've started to use at this company. I'm really happy we discovered it.
Read Bridgette Reynolds's full review
Shalindra Singh profile photo
July 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "Excellent UX and Best Priced Meeting Collaboration"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is good for all sizes of a company. Zoom licensing is good with volume hence if you are 500+ people company Zoom makes lots of sense.
Read Shalindra Singh's full review
Emily Muhoberac profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best Video Conferencing Platform on the Market"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is well-suited for companies of all sizes that have video conferencing needs -- whether they are talking with clients, or a remote workforce, Zoom can scale with them.

The only time I can imagine where Zoom would be inappropriate for a business is if 1.) They don't have video conferencing needs or 2.) Their clients use another platform.
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Matthew Cordova profile photo
July 14, 2018

User Review: "Be a training aficionado with ZOOM"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is great for demos- like sales demos, but if you are having a webinar with a lot of people, GoToWebinar would be better for that. I mean if you are going to pay that much for zoom
Read Matthew Cordova's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "The High Quality Video Conferencing Solution"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is great for a company that needs to collaboration with remote employees or across multiple offices. For a business that uses the Google suite of business apps, it can be very efficient since the Zoom Chrome extension makes scheduling meetings a breeze.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Litzi Saraí Gordils Ortuño profile photo
July 02, 2018

Review: "Zoom will leverage your business communication platform!"

Likelihood to Recommend

If you're looking to have an well supported platform that can drive you into the the collaborative environment of meetings, video conferencing, live chats and web based meeting rooms Zoom can take you there with ease, you just have to add to your business the right attention to invest time and practice to get to know better all the features that Zoom has to offers you can start with the free version and scale up according to your business needs.
Read Litzi Saraí Gordils Ortuño's full review
Jennifer Steffens profile photo
June 27, 2018

User Review: "Zoom! or Zoom?"

Likelihood to Recommend

Zoom is a nice web conferencing system and would be well suited for a webinar-type scenario or for a group of people who are interacting with one another and needing to share specific documents, images, or desktops that cannot be shared via filesharing systems. I don't believe it is appropriate for a scenario that would be more dialogue heavy or interactive among groups as there is not currently a way to easily distinguish between who is talking and when.
Read Jennifer Steffens's full review
Michael Ball-Marian profile photo
June 27, 2018

Review: "Zoom - a new leader in the teleconference space!"

Likelihood to Recommend

It works particularly well for any calls with fewer than 20 people. I have used it on that scale and rarely run into problems of any kind. It might have issues above that number, but I can't say.
Read Michael Ball-Marian's full review
Lilia Borisova profile photo
June 27, 2018

Zoom Review: "Great quality for good price"

Likelihood to Recommend

I think Zoom is well suited in any scenario when you need a tool to have internet calls with anyone be it a member of your family or your professional contact. Regarding the size of organization, I think Zoom is well suited for any size of organizations: small companies, medium companies, as well as enterprises.
Read Lilia Borisova's full review

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.