Zoom for collaboration

per month/per license

Business

On Premise
per month

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://zoom.us/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $14.99 per month

Performance & Compatibility of Online Events Software

Screen Sharing

Online Meetings / Events

Online Events Collaboration

Online Events Security

What is Zoom?

Zoom helps people stay connected so they can get more done together. From meetings, chat, phone, and webinars to conference room systems and online events, Zoom powers all your communication needs. Our secure, reliable video platform offers a high-quality experience that is easy to manage, use, and customize.

-- Zoom Meetings & Chat

• Supported: Participant list
  • Supported: Confidential attendee list
  • Supported: Secure file sharing

Zoom Video

Learn how you can can use multi-spotlight, multi-pinning, and video reordering to better manage you meetings.

Zoom Integrations

Zoom Competitors

Zoom Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesNorth America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia
Supported LanguagesEnglish

What is Zoom?

Zoom is a unified communications platform primarily known for its use as a web conferencing tool. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

How much does Zoom cost?

Zoom starts at $14.99.

What is Zoom's best feature?

Reviewers rate Desktop sharing highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Zoom?

The most common users of Zoom are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Molly Terbovich-Ridenhour | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is used for meetings when remote workers or staff are out of town. It allows the organization to conduct business, regardless of location.
  • More personable with Video!
  • Allows callers to see who is speaking
  • Mute features so there is not the disturbance of background noise.
  • Not all webcams are the same quality
  • When using from a Smartphone, it isn’t as user friendly
  • Filters would be great (when working from home and need to ‘look’ presentable. (Ha!)
Meetings with colleagues from across the country are practical and productive
I use Zoom for all client facing demonstrations/meetings. Ever since COVID struck the world, there was a huge need for video conference calls, and Zoom meets and exceeds that need. I am able to make it personal by showing my face, demonstrate the product just like I would if I was in person with the client, and record the meeting to send to the client post meeting or review it at a later date.
  • Demonstrations/screen sharing
  • Recordings
  • Showing my face
  • Clarity of my voice and other voices
  • Advanced settings are done through the website, I wish there was a way to edit advanced settings while im in a meeting on the app.
  • Wish I could see more faces all on one screen - I can see 25, but would be nice to view more since I have a big monitor.
  • When I am not using a second monitor (only using my laptop), I wish the speaker would be the headshot at the top if there are multiple people in a meeting. If John talks and he is at the top, but Kim begins talking, you need to scroll down to find Kim's face to view her speaking.
Zoom is well suited for customer facing calls and / or internal meetings / calls. I typically use Google Meet for quick one on one internal calls just because people logging into the meeting can quickly load into the meeting instead of it redirecting you to a separate application. Not necessary to use a different application - Zoom is perfectly fine, but it is just my preference.
June 24, 2022

See, share, record

Swagata Bhattacharyya | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have a globally distributed team and use Zoom for both our internal calls as well as client calls. The screen sharing feature is really useful and we also record the calls for future reference. It's good to see the team members of other locations on video calls as well. Next, we are planning to use the Zoom API in one of our projects for text messaging through a website.
  • Call recordings - we record all our scrum calls and especially the calls where we have to discuss new requirements. That way we don't have to worry about something that may get missed out while taking notes.
  • Screen sharing - when we have calls with clients and they are reporting some issue or requirement in the system, they show us the problem via screen sharing. That way there's no gap in our understanding and we can avoid wasting time going back and forth due to miscommunication.
  • No connection issues - we haven't had any instances of connection dropping during the calls which is great. Our calls are typically 5-8 members but we have tried Zoom with ~25 participants without any issues.
  • If you pause a call recording for a certain amount of time, it would be great if there's a notification somewhere that it is paused. A few times when I was hosting a call, I paused it while waiting for all participants to join but then forgot to resume recording.
  • When a message is received on chat, it sometimes gets missed. A more prominent notification (blinking/popup etc.) may be helpful.
Zoom is well suited for meetings between participants in different locations. I sometimes use it just for screen recordings with audio to share it later as well (i.e. start a meeting where I am the only participant).
Zoom is being used across the whole organization. While we have a headquarters, we have remote employees around the country, as well as staff in 9 country offices. Zoom allows all of our staff to be present, no matter where we are. Calls can also be recorded for those who couldn't attend.
  • It allows multiple people on calls. Messaging is also available.
  • You can show the video to yourself first before you join the call.
  • Calls can be recorded.
  • There are free and paid versions.
  • In the free version, if your time runs out it cuts off the call. It might be better to just charge the client.
Zoom is well suited to remote employees, a large company, or employees that travel often. It makes video calls very easy. The app is also user-friendly.
Nazlıhan İlem | TrustRadius Reviewer
Programı daha çok yurtdışındaki müşterilerimizle buluştuğumda kullanıyorum, belge paylaşmak çok kolay, iletişim de çok kolay. Pandemi dönemi işimizi çok kolaylaştırdı. Hatta şu anki işyerim ile ilk görüşmem Zoom üzerinden oldu.
  • Easy to use app
  • Zoom has a good option for recording video
  • Sharing documents
  • Conference call: Easy to add people and forward the invite
  • It would be good if we could upload a dictionary of common specialist words
  • Expensive when adding on items in addition to basic plan
Kullanımı kolay [aynı zamanda] sunum için dosya ve belge paylaşın.
We use Zoom calls for external clients. It is a great tool to provide to clients outside of the organization who don't use Teams. It is very user-friendly with the ability to record meetings and collaborate with users.
  • Ease of connection
  • Share screen during meetings
  • great vidoeo and audio quality
  • user friendly
  • best tool during Covid times
  • Love the ability to change background
  • Random call drops (rare)
  • Lagging issue occassionally
I have used Zoom extensively in both professional and personal arena and I love how easy it is to install and use it. Both on computers and on phone. We use Zoom in our organization for external clients who don't use Teams and it is absolutely easy to connect. My children used Zoom for their virtual piano lessons during Covid and continue to use it when there is a need for virtual class.
Due to the covid pandemic, a majority of the workforce was shifted to work from home. Thus the requirement of meetings to be held online came up. We had to hold up to 3 meetings every day from 30 min to 2 hrs, with various departments for a variety of reasons. Therefore we were looking for a solution that could accommodate the request. Thus we started using Zoom meetings. It is extremely easy to set up a meeting request using their scheduling facility, and it gets linked to Outlook simultaneously . The need to set up meetings for an audience of 100 + was solved with this tool. Also the whiteboard facility made explanations easier.
  • The whiteboard facility with annotation support.
  • Screen sharing with record feature.
  • Outlook and Google Calendar compatibility.
  • Should be able to support a audience of 100+.
  • The audio quality should be improved with a feature to remove background noise.
  • Should improve security by authentication of link usage by designated recipient.
It is useful for setting meetings arising due to emergencies using their scheduling facility. It adds the meeting agenda directly to the recipients' calendar.
June 10, 2022

All I do is Zoom

Jennifer K. Zimmons, Ph.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Zoom daily. It has replaced the phone call. It is a great professional way to connect my clients and others. The screen-sharing technology is really terrific, especially when I am pitching new business because in my work I use a lot of illustration and visual graphics.
  • Screen sharing
  • Chat feature
  • Raise a question
  • Screen freezing
  • Background
  • Name changes
Zoom is well suited for small groups like three or four people. You have a big enough thumbnail to see all of the participants. It is less suited for huge group meetings of a hundred or more unless you have the setting set for speaker only. When it is set to a normal view you can get lost seeing who is the speaker. Also for professional and important presentations, I think there should be some background options that Zoom should possibly offer.
Bobby Apodaca | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Zoom to conduct partner and/or client conference calls. Zoom is a useful tool for making human connection more personal than a standard phone call. It allows our clients to replace onsite meetings, as well as to conduct face-to-face meetings with remote clients outside of our region.
  • Video calls
  • screen sharing
  • video recording
  • The UI could be better
  • backgrounds are limited
  • chat features are limited
Each Zoom session has been relatively successful, meaning I have been able to conduct each scheduled meeting or conference call. However, the user experience was not as good as other similar tools. I would recommend it as a viable option for video and conference calls, but it would not be my first choice.
June 03, 2022

Zoom review

I use Zoom for online private tutoring and meetings. To be honest, I hate it, especially since they cut times down from 60 - 40mins and want a fee for any more than 40mins. Other free platforms, such as MS Teams is far more superior. Zoom is also severely restrictive on apps, whereas other platforms provide access to more and better apps. The apps they do have also have major problems interacting with Zoom. It has very few features compared to the free platforms. More recently, it has been widely reported that Zoom is beset with many security issues and user privacy is exposed. I would NOT recommend Zoom at all. I am going back to MS Teams and have recommended the switch to all my clients.
Since introducing time restrictions and cost, Zoom is no longer suitable [for my use case].
Zoom is a terrific video conferencing software. We have been using it ever since the pandemic set in to connect with our clients from remote locations. It is very popular and every one is aware of it so there is no learning curve and the easy to use UI makes it quite hassle free to use.
  • Host Controls
  • Video Quality
  • Screen Sharing
  • Security
  • Audio quality
  • Consumption of internet bandwidth
Zoom is best suited for hosting meetings, workshops or seminars with multiple people who are spread across from variety of geographies. It's screen sharing feature makes it very easy to communicate and it's whiteboard feature can be used for brainstorming. It's easy to use UI ensure that even old people can easily understand and use it.
Dustin Hovey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Zoom across our organization as a video conferencing solution between our multiple offices and with our various business partners and vendors. Zoom enables users to share their screen, view multiple participants (sometimes), and it is integrated into our conference rooms, it is utilized on laptops and mobile devices.
  • Works on just about every device: Mobile phones, computers, and conference rooms.
  • High-quality video: the Zoom video conference equipment is class-leading, and there always seems to be a high-quality stream to every device.
  • The Chrome extension: The Zoom Chrome extension enables users to effortlessly add a Zoom meeting from within the Google Calendar.
  • It would be helpful if there was an option to view all/most meeting participants on the screen at one time, this seems to be an issue when there are more then 3 participants.
  • When someone wants to share their screen it can be overly complicated - there should be an icon available in the corner to do it in one easy step.
  • Some of our vendors have a hard time getting Zoom work using the online meeting invite links.
Zoom is great for a company that needs to collaboration with remote employees or across multiple offices. For a business that uses the Google suite of business apps, it can be very efficient since the Zoom Chrome extension makes scheduling meetings a breeze.
Omar Moustafa | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom has lots of functionality more than Microsoft Teams. Most helpful features:
  • Annotate with participants on a screen/whiteboard.
  • Remote control another one's screen.
  • Private chat between meeting participants.
  • Lightweight app, works fine on laptops with sufficient processing and such.
Also, if you would buy a paid plan their plans are cheap and the customer support team is so cooperative and fast responding. I really recommend using Zoom but its chat is not the best thing, but the best thing is meetings. For chat/group chat, it is recommended more to use Microsoft Teams as you can make polls, make certain people access the channel, and more.
  • Annotate with participants on a whiteboard.
  • Share multiple screens at the same moment.
  • Ability to add a co-host.
  • Ability to record a meeting.
  • In-meeting chat.
  • Separate meeting participants into groups.
  • Login in to an account when joining a Zoom meeting using a link.
  • Add 2FA (2-factor-authentication).
It is more appropriate for meeting discussions and it is not also the best when it is a webinar, because it doesn't have the best functionality needed. But also, it is good if you have a lot of participants in a meeting where you can click the right/left button to switch between participants.
May 23, 2022

Zoom Review

Brandon Losover | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use zoom to conduct demos with potential clients as well as for our internal meetings with our team and company wide meetings.<br><br>The product addresses the problem of us being a remote company and not having the ability to meet in person. it makes for a more personable experience than calling one another.
  • Interractions
  • userability and ease of access
  • large group settings
  • additional features
  • friendlier mobile experience
  • better backgrounds offered
Zoom is perfectly suited for web calls with sales reps presenting a demo to a prospective client. It is really beneficial to be able to see your client's face and also be able to share your screen to show content and info.
Zoom is a very well known platform in it's space. There are rarely any bugs or issues and if there are they are always available to help.
Our Organization uses Zoom to have interactive meeting with clients and consultants during the entire process of the architectural projects. One of the biggest problem that this program addresses is the elimination of distances between our office and clients living in other States. Also, allow our organization to have partners and consultants in other States saving the company money and time for trips.
  • eliminate distances between two or more actors involved in our projects
  • save money to our company and time to the employees
  • easy way to create meetings and allow many people to participate
  • Really easy to use
  • Maybe empowering the option in deciding who keep on the main screen when multiple people are connected into the zoom meeting
Zoom is well suited in scenarios like when our firm has a project in a different States and after a first face to face meeting (that included time for the flight and money) allow us to speed up the process during all the various phases of the project without having to meeting in person with the client/cnsultant that is working with us on the same project.
May 08, 2022

Easy to use

Christopher Fazio | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Zoom for both business and personal use. In business, I use it for virtual meetings and to do demos with clients. I find it to be a fantastic platform for face to face virtual meetings and would recommend it to anyone. I have also started using it personally and we have a family Zoom call every Sunday with family in different states. It is a great way for all of us to be on a call at the same time and catch up on things in a conversational manner and be able to see each other.
  • Group meeting.
  • Sound quality.
  • Able to have breakout rooms.
  • Adding additional invitees.
  • Rescheduling option.
  • Length of call allowed on personal account.
I believe Zoom is the easiest and best platform for internet-based meetings. It is very easy to use and navigate. Great for both business and personal use. I use it on a daily basis for sales calls and don't know how I ever did calls without it. Great way to collaborate with the rest of my team during Covid that allowed each of us to work from home.
Simon Needle | TrustRadius Reviewer
With the Zoom price increase on their free plan, they are strong-arming existing users and damaging brand goodwill. 1-on-1 Zoom lessons were previously free for unlimited minutes. Rather than identifying and eliminating their wastage and accounting for the goodwill, an unlimited free video conferencing service provides, without prior warning, they limited that time to 40-minutes. It is likely a blow to business with existing meetings on the books and it was not sufficiently publicized. If I stand to lose money on my existing meetings because my services cannot be rendered in the agreed-upon 55 minutes, how am I incentivized to upgrade my plan? Zoom and its fiduciary partners should reconsider their policy. However, I am impressed by the functionality of WhereBy and will be porting my services through them in the meantime!
  • Uninterrupted meeting connection
  • Functionality with external microphones
  • Complementary screen sharing
  • Change in subscription plan will cost small businesses the most
  • The lack of a warning for the new free meeting time limit creates a wedge in user trust
  • $15/mo plan is not competitive with free services with similar functionality like WhereBy
Zoom has severely injured the goodwill it has garnered over the worst of the pandemic. After capturing the market share with free unlimited 1 on 1 meeting, strong-arming users who are dependent on this infrastructure is, at best, insulting and at its worse, an unethical positioning in the marketplace.
Justin Chapman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Zoom is a horrible choice in terms of teleconferencing for several reasons. I can't believe that people actually pay to use their service when other equally good services are available and free, plus do a better job. On Zoom, there is a limit of 1 hour and 40 minutes per 24-hour period, and yet they have no history you can save, no call duration that can be saved, nor any customer assistance for technical problems. On Skype, for example, all calls between Skype users are free and unlimited, and you can transfer files and takes notes that are saved on Skype. Why would anybody pay 14 euros per month for 1-1 calls when Skype is exactly the same quality but totally free plus does so much more? If you want to waste your money or have a company that pays for you because "yeah but popular, so better" that's up to you, but they are definitely a very greedy company and I don't support them at all. Once they offer free calls or stick to group environments only, that would make more sense, otherwise just a waste of money.
  • Group calls
  • Saved history
  • Saved notes
  • Free calls
  • No limits on calls since institutions pay the bulk of the contracts anyways
  • More customer support for prooblems
I will not recommend them to anyone.
Randy Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Zoom for coaching sessions with our employees. We have coaching sessions that are focused on groups with specific roles in the company (for example, sales and marketing). We also have coaching sessions every other month for the whole company to participate in. These coaching sessions are for personal development training and used to be in-person sessions prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now that we have done these online with Zoom for two years, I don't foresee us as a company ever going back to doing those in-person again. If so, it will be once or twice a year, with the other four or five sessions being through Zoom.
  • I love how easy it is to set the focus on the presenter. It is annoying when people don't spotlight themselves as a presenter, so you get to see the whole gallery of attendees in smaller, two-inch windows.
  • I like the capability of having break-out rooms. Even though I don't use them very often, it is nice to have them available if the right situation presents itself for smaller group chats.
  • The recording quality is better than I have experienced with other products (Microsoft Teams, WebEx, etc.), and the fact that it is already an MP4, so I don't have to convert it for publishing on our intranet is huge to me.
  • I don't know if this exists with Zoom in a Zoom Room environment, but the use of what Microsoft refers to as Content Cameras would be nice (maybe it already exists).
  • Assigning people as co-host exists is a great feature, but I haven't been able to control mute/unmute for other attendees. I don't know if this is supposed to be a feature or if I haven't been given access, I don't know.
  • I have yet to see how to take control of another's computer, so if this functionality doesn't exist, it would be nice to add.
In the new area of pandemic-era meetings online, I really like the opportunity that Zoom provides to have a meeting space. The audio and video quality is typically good, with problems usually being blamed on the bandwidth of the service provider. The recordings are great to be able to use once they have been processed. In fact, if there was one thing I would improve about recordings, it would be the amount of time it takes to render the video ready for output and sharing.
We are using Zoom for a variety of purposes, including: meetings, board meetings, staff meetings, consultations, webinars, virtual lectures, and virtual wet labs. It is being used across all departments in our association. Due to COVID-19, the main issue it has solved is being able to social distance while still being able to meet, as well as continue onward with future projects without having to meet in person. For our virtual lectures, it has allowed us to provide CE for veterinarians from their homes.
  • Very user friendly
  • Virtually available for anyone
  • Little to no technical issues
  • More customization for branding on webinars
  • Stopping access to recordings
  • Unnecessary repetition of attendees who log in/out on reports
Zoom is well suited for any setting: office, meetings, conferences/events, and personal settings. It has been most useful to communicate and stay up to date with others without being able to travel or be in person for meetings. It has also allowed people to attend events virtually that they otherwise would have missed out on.
At our organization Zoom is used for daily communication both in 1:1 settings, the chat function, and video calls. It is also used for hosting internal and external meetings, publishing webinars, conducting interviews, recording work brainstorm sessions, and for live audio captioning. We also use the live stream functions to broadcast public-facing meetings on YouTube and Facebook. We use the Zoom cloud to store recordings of all zoom meetings and keep records of the occurrences. We integrate it into all of our calendar invites and use other app integrations such as pairing it into Slack.
  • Video meetings
  • Webinars
  • Recordings
  • Live Captioning
  • Admin User Settings Interface
In my experience Zoom is well suited for any situation in which 2 or more people need to meet, share screens, have a short chat to a long conversation, or host a webinar that is outward-facing. In general, Zoom is less appropriate in a situation where a short phone call would be more applicable. For longer conversations, the recoding function including the annotation of the conversations into a text file is extremely useful. It acts as a meeting stenographer. Likewise, the attendance reports and sign-up reports help track who was at the meeting, when, and for how long. It is an invaluable platform for hosting staff meetings or larger team meetings.
Zoom has a highly responsive support team, and their help topics section includes a number of highly detailed resources on how to get the most out of the Zoom platform. In the rare instance, we have had a problem with Zoom we have been able to resolve it quickly with either the support of Zoom or by using their prefabricated materials in the help section.
Zoom is the game-changer in these times, I am a medical student and consultant so life and study go side by side for students across the globe zoom is so helpful in form of calls, video calls, and sharing screens, videos, and images while calling with across a hundred participants. In these pandemic times when the world had become global in the past 2 years, ZOOM has all the answers to your questions and meets all your requirements.
  • Calling
  • Video calling.
  • Screen sharing.
  • Hundreds of participants get connected at the same time in same room.
  • Its user interface is not easy to eye.
  • Color theme is very dull.
  • It is expensive.
  • Its web version is very slow.
As I have mentioned I am a resident and student too I have to attend webinars frequently. Zoom has offered us the features of connecting people across the globe through audio and video call, also offer the feature of screen recording when I can't attend the webinars and meeting so the screen recording feature of zoom come up for me. It has been a blessing in pandemic times.
It offers all the features that users need from this platform. I have been using its free trial which comes up with connecting a lot of people virtually through audio call, video call also offers screen sharing and screen recording different features for different needs. I highly recommend everyone to use this platform to enhance their business and personal growth, save time and expenditure and communicate efficiently.
Lawrent Milton | TrustRadius Reviewer
I swapped from Whereby to Zoom to teach my private students online. Zoom has been very efficient in terms of ease of use, user-friendliness, conference initiation and invitation, screen sharing, video audio quality, live chat, and privacy features (virtual background image). It is very easy to navigate through the different sharing options (basic, advanced, and files), and I do love the iPad screen sharing through "screen mirroring".
  • screen sharing
  • iPad screen mirroring
  • invitation of guests
  • Calendar integration
  • I don't see any room for improvement. Zoom is great
I'm using Zoom exclusively to teach private lessons online. I use videos, chat, PowerPoint slides, iPad screen mirroring, Youtube, and Zoom does the job perfectly well. I never had any issues, before, during, or after a session. The video and audio quality are amazing, and starting/stopping/switching to a different shared resource is always smooth and fast. I like the fact that you can customize your virtual background, not only for privacy reasons but also to add a 'lead-in' activity to the lesson, or a theme. I find Zoom, or any web conferencing tool for that matter, less efficient when it comes to a younger child audience, but that is not due to Zoom, it is rather a matter of personal choice when working with children. Zoom does not replace classroom experience.
I never had to contact the Zoom support center. When I have a question about a feature, I look it up online and I can usually find that answer by myself, either from forums, or from the Zoom support website directly.
I currently use Zoom for all external interviews with potential hires. Or for major presentations, I find Zoom's view for screen sharing allows for a greater comprehension of the content that is being reviewed. If someone I am on a Zoom call with has any issues with how to use the platform; I find it easy to guide them through the steps to get them up and running. Zoom also has been critical to maintaining personal and professional relationships during lockdowns and quarantines.
  • Large viewing area for screen sharing.
  • Easy host functions for muting and removing callers.
  • Great visual filters for backgrounds.
  • Can be a little confusing for those who are not tech savvy.
It's great for when I am scheduling meetings inside of Outlook. It interfaces so well with my calendaring functions. For quick calls inside my company, it's not the easiest. We have other in-house instant messaging for that.
I have had little to no issues with Zoom. Anytime there is a hang-up, I find that it's a quick update and I am back to business as usual. I was able to self-teach the tool before using it (I am formally trained now).
March 30, 2022

Zooming

I was using Zoom to conduct interviews. During Covid 19, Zoom was able to prevent the spread of Covid 19 by providing a safe approach to conducting job interviews. The online platform enabled the companies to host meetings for the purpose of interviewing new candidates for existing job openings. Less face to face meetings cut down on the spread of covid 19 in the workplace.
  • Video conferencing is like a face to face meeting.
  • The microphone enables speech rather than texting.
  • Provides the option of remote management of another computer.
  • The texting feature provides a solid communication package.
  • Zoom should be integrated with all browsers not just Edge.
The scenario that I like the most, is when someone has a computer problem. With Zoom, you are able to connect with that individual computer and perform remote procedures to verify system settings. Once the settings have been verified you are able to download software to the computer and run diagnostics. Then you can verify the settings to see if the problems have been resolved.
I use this rating because the Zoom product made its greatest impact when it was needed the most. Businesses relied on the product when they started worrying about the impact of covid 19, and trying to protect their employees. Likewise, the school system also benefitted greatly from the zoom product. Children were now able to have classes online during the most stressful times of their childhoods.