UltiPro Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

People First

UltiPro is an enterprise solution for multiple locations in CA and other states.
  • Time Management
  • Benefit Enrollment
  • Reporting
  • PPACA
UltiPro has seamless integration from Onboarding to the termination.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have achieved Single Entry employee data management for payroll, benefits, and employment data.
Peggy Krueger | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Ultimately Happy to be using "Ultimate Software"

UltiPro is being used across the whole organization. Payroll, Benefits, Onboarding, Recruiting, Accounts Payable, Finance, Performance Management Continuing Education.
  • Paychecks, W-2s, Reporting, Employment Taxation
  • Benefits, Open Enrollment, PPACA, 1095cS, Reporting Non-Discrimination Testing, Census and Compliance Testing for 401k, 401k Contributions.
  • Financial Reporting, 1099s, A/P Checks, Budgeting.
  • Business Intelligence is a bit complexing with setting up reports, filters, and not so user-friendly.
  • Changes in Open Enrollment need to have more flexibility...Deleting benefits that are no longer used but have history as 1 example. We would like to see more clean-up in this area. Also being able to run reports for Open Enrollment before the start of a new year. We are locked out to see benefits elected for 1/1 during the preceding month of December.
  • Webinars could be longer and have more detail or time to work in the program or module, and training in system more accessible at UltiPro and onsite.
Payroll, A/P, Performance Management, benefits. Difficulty in having to go to more than 1 area or module to make changes (one module may not connect with another, so having to go to more than 1 place to make a change.)
  • Security and peace of mind
Setting up file feeds is expensive and after we sign off, more changes will cost us at the price of the original Service Request. We would like to make some changes, but the cost prohibits us from doing so, thus we do more manual work to get there. Example: our payroll file was developed by UltiPro but is only a 180 file to our 401k Provider. We weren't able to do a 360 file so that our Provider could import to us also. Thus I have more manual work and loss of time savings.
Read Peggy Krueger's full review
February 28, 2020

A time saving solution that meets a lot of our needs

We use UltiPro across the entire organization. Our HR team uses it daily for our HRIS.
  • Minimal clicks
  • Feedback on product enhancements/reccomendations
  • In recruiting, edit offer letters and resubmit without having to start a completely new draft.
  • In recruiting, the ability to delete draft offer letters.
We enjoy the UltiPro suite and, like the Ultimate, allows us to submit product enhancements. It makes us feel like we have a voice.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Before UltiPro, we had to HRIS and used paper forms for all of our Recruiting efforts.
February 12, 2020

UtiliPro is my hero every day!

We use it to capture our timekeeping, run the payroll, and process our taxes. It is a great company to work for and the software is very easy to learn. They have a lot of help on their customer service portal. They help in many ways to complete all our tasks.
  • Their customer service hot line is great and always available.
  • The system is easy to learn and they have a lot of learning material available.
  • The UTM system is easy once you learn the system but the learning materials to get there are very weak. More classes and material is needed to help us use the system at its full potential.
  • The BI system needs more classes and materials on how to create reports. It is not very easy to learn for nontechnical people.
UtiliPro has a lot of support and is easy to run once you learn the system. If you call the customer service 1-800 number they are always willing to help and walk you through the steps to complete your task. After the call they will also send you material for later use.
Accurate pay stubs and tax reporting is very easy to do in UtiliPro. We are able to use apps and the UtiliPro portal to achieve our goal in communication with our employees in real-time. The UtiliPro self-service portal is great and works very well. It is easy to log in and get the data the employee is needing on a regular basis.

UltiPro First Year Review

UltiPro is currently being used at 2 locations to process payroll and handle open enrollment. One location uses it for recruiting and time management as well. I hope to expand the use to the other locations.
  • Reporting and BIA are great.
  • Processing and calculating payroll are accurate.
  • Managing vacation and time off.
  • I can't think of anything.
I would recommend it. I really can't think of a company where UltiPro wouldn't be useful.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
I hope to achieve this. The other locations are still using other alternatives.
February 27, 2020

Careful Attention To Detail Makes All the Difference!

We use Time and Attendance, Payment Services, ACA, Onboarding, and soon Recruiting.
  • Payment Services
  • Rapid Response
  • Tax Services
  • Knowledgebase is AWESOME
  • Business Intelligence is challenging
Well suited for payroll/tax processing. More Customization for Performance Management would be great.
Pam Hercik | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Product

At this time we use UltiPro for primarily time, attendance and report writing. This system is used most by Supervisors, Accounting and Human Resources. The system is very user-friendly to all users and can be accessed by multiple pieces of technology.
  • Payroll - the report writing makes completing payroll very simple.
  • Time Management - actual live data as well as information from the past when running reports.
  • Information Housing - so much information is housed and you can easily drag and drop to make reports.
  • Customer service- While you can call them 24/7, chat online or get your account manager to assist, sometimes it would be nice if your account manager was more helpful.
Great for a one-stop solution, but with high pricing. This product has everything you're looking for and then some. They actually listen to their customer's likes and dislikes to make the solution better in the future.
  • Time savings
I have saved 3 days a week on payroll alone by using UltiPro. The process is completed in about 3 hours from start to finish instead of 3 days. This system is pricey, however, we're saving money by having one solution instead of paying for multiple platforms.
Read Pam Hercik's full review
December 20, 2019

Ultipro is my one-stop-shop HR software.

UltiPro is used at our company as our human resources software. We complete and store W-2s, complete and store goal planning objectives, receive and store paystubs, complete benefit applications during open enrollment or during a life event, and complete direct deposit and income operations. UltiPro is our one-stop-shop HR software.
  • Easy to use software.
  • Manages paystubs.
  • Difficult to navigate the goal planning section.
As an employee I use UltiPro primarily to check paystubs for corrections, update goal planning used to merit increases and bonuses, and to keep W-2s and other documents accurate. The only difficulty I find with Ultipro software is how to navigate the goal planning area. To submit the goals, the process is tedious and could be simplified.
January 27, 2020

The Most Amazing One-Stop-Shop

Let me just say, UltiPro is fantastic. The entire team, from sales all the way through our account manager has been friendly, warm, and extremely helpful. Your team treats you like you matter and are not just another "sale" or "number' to them. During the entire implementation process, we had weekly meetings making sure that we were all on the same page. They gave us weekly homework assignments which kept us on pace. It was so nice to feel supported during a very stressful time. It's also important that you have a strong implementation team on your side of people who are accurate, bought in, and timely.

Additionally, the amount of things the system can do is mind-blowing. We were using SO many manual processes prior to moving to UltiPro. I can tell you that using the system has made a HUGE productivity jump for not only me, but our whole team. We are constantly finding new things the system can do better than we can do. You truly get what you pay for.

Every system you evaluate will have things they can and cannot do. However, UltiPro's cans FAR outweigh their can-nots. If you're between a few systems, I can tell you without a doubt that UltiPro is the way to go. You won't be disappointed.

• Merit Increases: This process was seamless and was removed from manual calculations. Everything went straight to payroll and I had visibility the entire time.
  • Scheduling: Scheduling was removed from manual processes and made quick and easy for managers alleviating hours of work.
  • Future Dating: If you have something in the system for the future, but you make another change to the profile with a current date, the future dated item does not stay.
  • Timesheets: Right now, the main part (core) has a delay in communication with WFM (time keeping).
I think UltiPro is well suited to a company that is interested in moving away from manual processes and moving towards innovation. Everyone on the team needs to be bought in and needs to give 100% during implementation. If you have people on the team that don't give it their all, you'll have a hard time ensuring everything is set up correctly. The team at UltiPro is amazing and helpful, but it's still a lot of re-work.

• Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We'd love to move everything into one system and get away from manual processes. So far, so good. We've been able to get rid of so many processes. And, as we build out workflows are are finding more and more within the system. The onboarding module is a life-saver. I don't know what we'd do without it.
Jessica Koepp | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love UltiPro

Our whole organization is using UltiPro. Most employees utilize it for clocking in/out, PTO requests, and viewing their checks. Managers use it to manage PTO requests, submit salary increases, approve time clocks. Everyone uses it for Open Enrollment elections. Human Resources uses UltiPro for employee record keeping, payroll, time and attendance, recruiting, onboarding, open enrollment, and life events, and reporting. We were able to go paperless in the HR department with the use of UltiPro.
  • Incorporates Core with Payroll
  • UTM (time management) flows smoothly to payroll
  • Business Intelligence reporting options are vast
  • Responses to questions are timely
  • Although I like BI, it could still be more user-friendly.
  • PTO/Vacation accruals don't work the way we need them to, but we make it work.
We are a smaller company, approximately 100 people and UltiPro good for us. I can see it being very helpful with larger companies.
Read Jessica Koepp's full review
Shari Geffon Sherwood, SPHR, SHRM-CP | TrustRadius Reviewer

Highly Recommend UltiPro

UltiPro is being used across the entire organization. We use it in HR for Recruiting, Onboarding, Benefits, and Core. Finance also uses it as does our Training Department. UltiPro has addressed several problems for us anywhere from eliminating manual processes, to enhance our reporting capabilities for both internal and external purposes. I have only begun to scratch the surface of what UltiPro can do and this is one of the most intuitive software packages I have worked with.
  • BI Reporting - If there is a data field within UltiPro, then you can create a report for it. I love that custom reports can be created and data can be looked at more closely and in so many different ways.
  • Solutions for automating processes - I like that UltiPro provides a workflow process where you can create a path for approvals, remove the paper from the equation and have all the information housed in one place.
  • I love how UltiPro has resources available for making EEOC and PPACA type reporting extremely easy. The team of experts who create the Webex's, informational "how-to" documents, etc are second to none. Having them do big part and walking me through step by step has taken away a lot of stress.
  • Customer Success Portal - I can't say enough great things about the customer service teams at UltiPro. Every time I have had to submit a case, the response back to me was quick and everyone is so knowledgeable! Not only do they help me with my issue, but they teach me so I can continue on my own in the future. And they are always so friendly!!
  • Recruiting - There are some things in the recruiting module that I think can be enhanced and improved. For example, we cannot get our actual paper application duplicated in Recruiting and thus, our candidates essentially have to fill out both the "application" in UltiPro as well as the paper application. There are also some challenges with posting positions internally only, and with knock out questions.
  • Performance Appraisals - There is not an option to make comments, as the Administrator reviewer, if I want to suggest some changes to the manager, I'm not able to send those comments back via the system.
  • For creating life events, there is not "copy" option. So, for each life event created, you have to start over. It would be nice to copy the previous one and then make changes.
I think UltiPro is well suited for organizations that want to eliminate paper processes, have cohesiveness across HR disciplines, and have a need for good data. I can't think of a scenario where UltiPro would not be appropriate.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We are getting there. I have only worked with UltiPro for a little over a year and I feel like I'm just getting started. We have not yet implemented all that we can, but for what we have, it's amazing!
Read Shari Geffon Sherwood, SPHR, SHRM-CP's full review
Veronica Tuitt-Abraham | TrustRadius Reviewer

Big Fan of UltiPro

UltiPro is used across the organization. We use it to process payroll, recruiting and onboarding, open enrollment, performance management, and timekeeping.
  • UltiPro is good at processing payroll. If you have any issues with your payroll, their rapid response team is there to help you.
  • We like the UltiPro recruiting and onboarding module. The recruiting model allows you to integrate with other recruiting platforms, such as LinkedIn and Indeed. It also integrates with some background check platforms such as Asurint and HireRight. This makes the recruiting process seamless, from posting a job to hiring the applicant.
  • Open enrollment is excellent. Every year employees always comment on how simple and easy the open enrollment process is.
  • UltiPro does compliance well. PPACA and EEOC reporting is straightforward, and UltiPro does the filings.
  • The program management module can use a little upgrading. It's simple enough to use, but it's a challenge for employees to write their goals and reviews in the tool. It's not user-friendly to formatting text, and that's always a challenge for employees during performance reviews at the end of the year.
  • The file interface team is backed up. It can take up to 4 months for them to make changes or update any fields on an existing file interface. This can be very frustrating. A new file interface can take even longer to implement.
  • Their timekeeping system, UTM, needs to be updated. I believe they have a new platform for new clients called WFM, which is supposed to be better than UTM.
  • UltiPro is well suited for payroll processing, recruiting & onboarding, open enrollment, core HR & Benefits administration, and compliance filings.
  • They are not so much suited for performance management and their current timekeeping system UTM, and their file interface department needs to step it up and fix their backlog.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
  • I believe that we have achieved time savings with UltiPro for our recruiting and onboarding and open enrollment modules.
  • We have also achieved consolidating HR administration under a single solution because all of our HR functions are done within the UltiPro solution.
Read Veronica Tuitt-Abraham's full review
Darian Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer

I love UltiPro!

Our entire organization is using UltiPro. We have many different properties we manage, and UltiPro provided a way for us to ensure proper documentation for timesheets across those properties. We use it for payroll, benefits administration, recruiting, and performance reviews. UltiPro has streamlined many processes for the Housing Authority.
  • Accurate
  • Ease of Use
  • No Paper
  • Mapping to our GL
  • Creating other payroll entries derived from the payroll itself
  • Reporting could be easier for all users
UltiPro is well suited for any business. Its payroll functionality can work in just about any way imaginable. The set up was extremely organized and made the transition easy for management and staff to implement. I can't think of an inappropriate scenario for the use of UltiPro off the top of my head.
Read Darian Walker's full review
Patrick Concilus | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 12, 2020

Ultireview for stamps

Ultipro is used internally for payroll processing, HR transactions, performance management, time keeping, reporting, and other internal uses. It is also used as an employee portal for employees to make changes to their personal info, update tax forms, keep track of time sheets and make time off requests.
  • The overall usability is easy and user friendly
  • There are so many training options that any type of user is able to get self-paced training and quick tours for simple transactions and other items.
  • The expertise and response time of the customer support team is always great and they are a great partner for solving problems and making processes more efficient
  • Better reporting functionality in Ultipro time management
Sometimes it take a little creativity to fully utilize Ultipro to its fullest extent. For example, we are a University that must keep track of which current courses faculty are credentialed to teach and have the ability to recall this information at any time, as needed. There is no real place for this built in to Ultipro, however, there are plenty of opportunities within the system that can be utilized for this purpose. Our company uses an area that is setup as "Skills" and use it to keep track of all current courses. We can then assign this to employees, mass update it for hundreds of employees at once and also utilize the robust reporting platform (Business Intelligence) to report on current faculty and the courses they are able to teach.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
With Ultipro, we have been able to automate multiple HR processes that has given the time back to our HR team to focus on more strategic initiatives. They no longer have to worry about status changes, benefit changes and updates, launching performance reviews and several other features that we have been able to automate through Ultipro.
Read Patrick Concilus's full review
Lori Hunnel | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

Always happy with Ultimate Software!

UltiPro is used across the company. We use it to onboard, recruit, and process payroll.
  • Customer service.
  • Training.
  • Update products.
  • Talk to and integrate with our EQUIP business system better.
We were able to hire a large number of employees at one time with the on-boarding and with the forms automatically saved to their profile. It saved a ton of paperwork. Open enrollment is now a lot easier. As our company has grown our needs have gotten more demanding and UltiPro makes it much easier.
  • Security and peace of mind
I feel UltiPro has done a great job helping us attain these outcomes.
Read Lori Hunnel's full review
February 13, 2020

UltiPro is Great!

UltiPro is being used across the organization and across other OpCos that we provide managed services to. It allows us to process payroll and administer retirement and H&W benefits across several employee populations easily and accurately. Even low-skilled users can get the information they need for their OpCo from UltiPro.
  • Payroll - ease and flexibility
  • Reporting - a full spectrum of reports as well as build-your-own capability
  • The Process management module does not allow automatic distribution to groups of employees, you have to request a distribution routine via SFTP.
  • You cannot edit the style or fonts in the offer letters in the Recruiting module
UltiPro has great reporting capabilities. It allows us to communicate HR information real time to CEOs, so they can see the current state and costs of their employee population. As an organization we are moving towards a one-stop solution for all things HR - payroll, communications, recruiting, learning & development, compensation, analytics, etc. UltiPro is helping us reach this ideal. As a global company it would be great if UltiPro had global payroll capabilities, but it does not currently have them.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We definitely achieved significant cost savings moving to UltiPro. We achielved time savings as well because UltiPro lets us configure payroll how we want, and how it works for us. The payroll process went from 5 days to 2 days start to finish, with much more consistency. We are continuing our work to consolidate HR Admin to one solution, and should conclude the last pieces this year. Ultimate has all the modules we need to have everything on one platform.
LaTonya Madison, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

UltiPro is the best HCM hands-down

UltiPro is used by the entire organization. UltiPro address the business need of having all employee information in a centralized location which allows for efficient payroll processing, data management, robust reporting, and analytics.
  • UltiPro empowers the users to customize the system via Platform Configuration.
  • UltiPro is very intuitive which makes even the least technical person comfortable with using it.
  • UltiPro is a solid HCM tool that allows companies to leverage the technology in driving business decisions.
  • I would like to be able to make change/termination reasons and drop-down values active or inactive and display placed on that status.
  • I would like to see more pages that are platform configurable.
  • I would like the capability to import to the business rules tables.
UltiPro is well suited for any company looking for an easy to use yet robust tool.
  • Time savings
We are achieving this goal through implementing Manager Self Service.
Read LaTonya Madison, PHR's full review
Jeff Koopmeiners | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

Great system - focus on continuous improvement

UltiPro is used across our entire global organization as a talent management tool. In the US and Canada, it is used as a full-cycle HR system for everything from payroll to benefits, etc.

It allows us to connect globally and manage our talent with one source of the truth.
  • Creates one source of the truth
  • Reduces manual data entry and routine work
  • The App is excellent and well adopted by employees
  • The time and attendance system is not as good as others
  • Better translation capability
  • It would be helpful if more employees at UltiPro ended users at one point in time to understand some of the other sides of it.
UltiPro is excellent if you are looking to consolidate systems and if you are moving from no system.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We achieved most of them
Read Jeff Koopmeiners's full review
Don Griffin | TrustRadius Reviewer

10 Years of Stellar Service Experienced

UltiPro is our HRIS/Payroll system and is used by the HR team as well as managers and employees for self-service. It is used for the quick access of information by managers as well as robust reporting for the organization.
  • Hundreds of standard reports in addition to Business Intelligence reporting for unlimited alerts, automated reports, and dashboards.
  • Full automation of our payroll general ledger process.
  • Easy and reliable self-service access for end users.
  • UltiPro Time Management remains a bit clunky and reporting within the module is somewhat limited.
  • Real-time updating of UTM accruals to core would reduce end-user confusion.
We still remain raving fans of Ultimate's level of customer service. They are accessible, responsive, knowledgeable, and focused on customer satisfaction.
  • Security and peace of mind
UltiPro has proven to be a strong consolidated location for our HR administration processes. It has been reliable, flexible, and we are confident of its security. The level of quality service we have received has strengthened that confidence as well.
Read Don Griffin's full review
March 13, 2020

UltiPro...UltiBest!

At this time UltiPro is being used in managing timesheets only and it is being used by the entire City of Detroit organization.
  • Keeping accurate timesheets based on Union contracts for all members
  • Easy access of personal information
  • No check stubs direct deposit
  • Unnecessary daily emails regarding employees who clock in or out 1-2 minutes early or late.
At this time I can only speak on behalf of the features our company has access to and UltiPro is well suited for keeping accurate time and personal information for our members.
  • Security and peace of mind
As the keeper of the time for our staff, using UltiPro has made life easy for me and has given me peace of mind in ensuring timesheets are done efficiently and accurately.
Juan Osegueda | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

UltiPro is now my favorite Payroll & HR Platform, hands down!

Nov 2018 Update: I have used Ultipro now at two different organizations. One that used the Enterprise solution, and more recently another that used only Core. Ultipro continues to thrive by implementing innovative customer suggestions and implementing stellar upgrades with their Spring/Fall releases. I love that Ultimate Software is making Core more like BackOffice, in that Core is now able to handle a lot of the heavier things once possible only to experts and Ultipro account managers, all while providing the awesome customer support that Ulti is known for!

April 2016: Ultimate Software's UltiPro is so simple to use, that I'm raving about it to my former colleagues! I've used other platforms for payroll, but UltiPro is by far the simplest to use. Did I mention that it's easy to use?

My organization uses UltiPro for Payroll and Benefits, for Onboarding and ad-hoc reporting, and uses Ultimate Software's Payment Services to file and pay our taxes and wage garnishments. I love that the product is web-based, accessible from anywhere, and that it really is very simple to navigate and to work with, that it seems as though it covers everything and anything that you can possibly think of. They truly listen to their customers, too. For instance, if you come up with an idea to improve the platform, you can share them with Ulti and they'll get right on it and if it makes sense, they implement it!

• Tax and wage statements, as well as the new 1095C reporting available online for all users.
  • Quick processing of payroll, simple execution of benefits and open-enrollment, great reporting suite.
  • Technical support and training available at all times.
  • Online and on-site training available for all sorts of learning paths.
  • Impactful integration of Ultipro with Cognos Business Intelligence.
  • Easy to use Onboarding.
  • No cons. Absolutely the best HCM platform I've used!

Nov 2018 Update: I've had the opportunity to use UTM--Ultipro Time Management in the U.S. and it seems to rival Kronos' suite quite well. Distinctively, it handles complex timekeeping rules (OT: California, hint hint!, and other qualms brought on by each state's labor departments). And I've also seen UTM used effectively across the pond, working really well in EMEA (especially in the United Kingdom) and APAC (India a plus!)

April 2016: UltiPro gets the job done! Not only can Human Resources use it for Onboarding and processing new hires, but all employee information flows so well into Payroll and benefits. It's easy to assign security roles based on multiple prompts and controls. The web-based platform is ideal for most, and it's "BackOffice" Citrix-based window portal is powerful as well, ideal for more advanced users.

I'm well-versed in tax and unemployment, handling all state and federal reporting in-house, so it's great to see that UltiPro offers this service for those who might be overwhelmed with each state's monthly/quarterly reporting requirements, and they do a good job of working with you to ensure that all taxes are paid and reported on time.

• Security and peace of mind
Ultipro really does allow organizations the ability to create time -- by this I mean when admins learn to use Ultipro to capacity, Ultipro has the ability to do things behind the scenes that give workers the opportunity to do more with their time. For instance, analysts and admins can use Business Intelligence reporting to find errors in collected data BEFORE there is a problem, cutting down on payroll processing errors and better benefits administration. And as of 2017, Ultimate Software's XANDER brings artificial intelligence to Ultipro, helping recruiters and managers make informed decisions based on millions of data points already housed in a customer's environment. And now Ultipro's ability to generate surveys also makes any organization well-informed on what employees favor or dislike about an infinity of topics that the employer wants to know about.
Read Juan Osegueda's full review
March 10, 2020

New User to Ultipro

[UltiPro is] Used for payroll, onboarding, taxes, wages, reports, reviews across the whole organization. It addresses any compliance issues from the reports it can pull.
  • Integrates Kronos timekeeping very well
  • Reminds each employee when their review/license expiration date is
  • User-friendly
  • Access to the primary manager is difficult to access, you have to go through other departments to get something you need done (transfers, document uploading, etc.).
  • The PTO request in UltiPro does not go to appropriate manager (could be a quick settings fix, but I haven't found where to do that).
  • Reports are not always accurate.
UltiPro is well suited for all onboarding, payroll, compensation and any other HR related duties.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
Not quite yet, I am still using Kronos and ICIMS to integrate payroll functions and onboarding applicants.
Debbie Weaver | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 10, 2020

UPstanding Customer Service!

Across the whole organization, working specifically with HR & Payroll, and with any reporting needs for both.
  • Customer service is outstanding.
  • Features for both Admin & Employee are easy to use.
  • Always has training available for any aspect of the organization. i.e. Payroll, Taxes, Reporting, etc.
  • The back office needs to have the visibility enlarged.
  • The back office is rather plain - no color.
  • I do not like entering garnishments in the portal because it is cumbersome.
Very pleased - can't think of anything.
  • Security and peace of mind
As a payroll administrator, I feel very secure using UltiPro as it contains all of our personal information.
Read Debbie Weaver's full review
Brian Roche | TrustRadius Reviewer

Love the system!

We use UltiPro as our HR/Payroll solution for every employee spread across 250 locations. One of our primary reasons for selecting Ultimate was the ease of use that the system provided. Being in a high turnover business that was critical in allowing us to ensure that all employees at every level were able to use the system.
  • Allows changes to be easily made.
  • Processing payroll for 5,000 employees is just a few clicks.
  • Built-in training resources.
  • Enhanced learning functionality.
  • Quicker rapid response to issues.
We have been thrilled with UltiPro since our implementation in April 2019. It is a perfect solution for a workforce that is spread out in 5 states with a high turnover level.
  • Security and peace of mind
We have achieved all of these outcomes. The most surprising one was that we didn't expect to see cost savings but having UltiPro allowed us to consolidate a lot of the things we were doing and eliminate a lot of indirect expenses we were incurring with our old system.
Read Brian Roche's full review
Ashley Pavich | TrustRadius Reviewer

Employee Self-Service Rocks!

We are using UltiPro for our HRIS system. Including the following modules/areas, payroll, benefits, onboarding, recruiting, core, etc. Our main goal when implementing was to have one record of truth administratively and for our employees. We now have payroll and benefits in the system and our employees are able to change and update their information on their own. The self-service portion eliminated emails to our HR reps on a daily basis. We also implemented UltiPro to help with our financial reporting.
  • Employee Self-Service allows employees to make their own indicative data changes.
  • BI Reporting.
  • Payroll - Easy payroll process.
  • Benefits/Life Events in the Core system - Very generic.
  • Off-boarding - Currently there isn't a space in the system for off-boarding employees.
UltiPro is well suited for an HRIS system, payroll, generic benefits, onboarding, and recruiting. It could use some work in the implementation of UTA. I felt like we didn't have a smooth implementation with enough training.
  • Consolidating HR administration under a single solution
We have achieved a few of the areas that we wanted to consolidate. We are still continuing to make improvements with different modules.
Read Ashley Pavich's full review

Employee demographic data (500)
Employment history (517)
Job profiles and administration (495)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (488)
Organizational charting (420)
Organization and location management (438)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (350)
Pay calculation (473)
Support for external payroll vendors (228)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (9)
Benefit plan administration (442)
Direct deposit files (468)
9.2
Salary revision and increment management (372)
Reimbursement management (61)
Approval workflow (322)
Balance details (340)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (285)
View and generate pay and benefit information (519)
Update personal information (518)
9.2
View company policy documentation (368)
Employee recognition (207)
View job history (510)
Tracking of all physical assets (134)
Report builder (489)
Pre-built reports (493)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (347)
New hire portal (342)
Manager tracking tools (278)
Corporate goal setting (185)
Individual goal setting (223)
Line-of sight-visibility (166)
Performance tracking (211)
Performance plans (269)
Performance improvement plans (219)
Review status tracking (274)
Review reminders (253)
Multiple review frequency (212)
Create succession plans/pools (111)
Candidate ranking (109)
Candidate search (111)
Candidate development (106)
Job Requisition Management (288)
Company Website Posting (279)
Publish to Social Media (216)
Job Search Site Posting (253)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (216)
Applicant Tracking (274)
Notifications and Alerts (260)

About UltiPro

Ultimate Software’s UltiPro® cloud HR, payroll, and talent solutions promise to help organizations improve the employee experience. It includes everything from personalized recruiting and onboarding that foster long-term relationships, to convenient, role-based access to pay, benefits, and career development information.

The vendor says that with UltiPro, companies can:
  • rapidly process payroll
  • manage employee requests with HR service delivery
  • leverage flexible time solutions
  • offer a modern approach to learning
  • facilitate productive performance, succession, and compensation management
  • and measure employee sentiment through advanced surveys powered by Xander®, Ultimate’s portfolio of “People First” artificial intelligence technologies.

The vendor says UltiPro is supported by powerful business intelligence to help organizations drive smarter, people-focused results.

UltiPro Features

Human Resource Management Features
Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Payroll Management Features
Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Does not have featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management
Leave and Attendance Management Features
Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Does not have featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment
Employee Self Service Features
Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition
Asset Management Features
Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return
Has featureWarranty and after-sales status maintenance contract tracking
HR Reporting Features
Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data
Integration with other HR capabilities Features
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor
Performance Management Features
Has featureSimple, Person-Centric Tools and Experiences

UltiPro Screenshots

UltiPro Videos (2)

UltiPro Integrations

Infor Learning Management, NetSuite, Informatica, Certpoint, TTN learning, Ping Identity

UltiPro Competitors