Hootsuite Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Stephanie MacMillan profile photo
We no longer use Hootsuite Free. The reason behind this is because we found it to be a non-user friendly platform. In addition, I was limited to how many platforms I could integrate before I was forced to purchase. I liked that other sites allowed a try before you buy option which made it easy to switch from Hootsuite Free to our new platform. It was difficult to navigate without much how-to or direction. I could not use it without getting frustrated.
  • It does have a litany of add-ins which is nice when you know how to use them and when to use them.
  • It has a multitude of options to choose from to add to your dashboards and you can add many of them.
  • It is simple to sign up and get started.
  • It is hard to navigate.
  • I had a hard time with its user interface because I did not like having to scroll from side to side to see information in addition to scrolling up and down.
  • It needs to be more streamlined and easier on the eyes.
I think Hootsuite Free would be great for someone only trying to maintain 1-2 social profiles. I don't find it useful for a business like mine with 6 unique profiles. I might suggest someone to at least try it as a starting point for social management. They can upgrade from there should they have the need to.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
Brian Nizinsky profile photo
I have used the free version of Hootsuite for both personal and professional reasons. On the professional side it was used as a collaboration tool for multiple people to post to social channels at the same time and provide visibility to what was in the queue. It solves the issue of managing multiple social accounts across both people and channels.
  • Easy to use browser and apps to allow for posting.
  • Easy to understand the queue of posts
  • Post once and share across multiple social networks.
  • I would say Hootsuite failed to load about 80% of the time. Not sure what was going on but it was very frustrating.
  • Sometimes if you were sharing an image the image would not show up in the feed (especially on Facebook).
If you are at a small company then give it a try but its not suitable for a large scale enterprise for managing social media. Since there is a free version you can give it a try before investing but I encourage you to test it for stability and consistency before investing in the paid version.
Read Brian Nizinsky's full review
Sharon A. Dawson, DTM profile photo
My team members and I use Hootsuite Free to manage social media accounts for our clients. I also use it to schedule social media posts for my personal accounts as well.
  • Schedule social media posts
  • Post easily across multiple platforms with just one login, which is a big time saver
  • View content posted by a specific account or hashtag
  • Would be nice to add Instagram functionality on, but to be fair that's a limitation of Insta not Hootsuite
  • A copy and paste field would be nice when scheduling multiple tweets when want to post same tweet a number of different days and times
When you're managing multiple social media networks for a person, group, or company Hootsuite shines.
Read Sharon A. Dawson, DTM's full review
Brandon Stuhr profile photo
Using Hootsuite allows me to track my posts across multiple platforms so I don't have to use Wordpress's subscription tool. It also offers quite the variety of social media platforms to post on, as well as campaign management.
  • Variety of social media platforms, this allows you to not only track campaigns on Facebook but Twitter, Instagram, etc.
  • As long as you know how to read stats, there is plenty of detail information provided on every one of your campaigns. This stands out against competitors as I feel you receive the most information for your money.
  • The interface is incredibly clunky. I felt that it would struggle often when I would try to complete a campaign.
  • The service is a bit overwhelming to use at the start. If you don't understand many of the features, there are plenty of 3rd party groups to receive information from.
If you are working on brand management across multiple social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, then it would be a great fit for the service's versatility. If you are only working on one platform, you will be better off just focusing on the utilization of the platform's ad service.
Read Brandon Stuhr's full review
Megan Lemons profile photo
We have used Hootsuite free to manage the scheduling, publishing, and monitoring of our Facebook profiles. It is being used by our marketing department as well as our human resources department. Hootsuite free gives us a central location to access our Facebook profiles to make sure that our content writers post content according to our social strategy.
  • Web-based. This is a very big strength because there is no need to download anything, it can all be done on the web.
  • Customer Service and communication. Hootsuite does a very good job of communicating with their customers. If there are ever problems, they are quick to respond and helpful. When it comes to social media, knowing that someone is there to support you when issues arise gives peace of mind.
  • Accessible content. The Hootlet extension allows users to post content from anywhere online for easy content curation.
  • Limited profiles/services. The free service does not allow for more than 3 profiles. This makes it almost unusable for companies who wish to have a presence across the social sphere.
  • Not user-friendly. The organization of the user interface is lacking. It has a difficult learning curve.
  • No post previewing. As a manager, I would like the ability to approve posts before they are sent. It is very easy for posts to slip through and get posted without approval. Either posts are scheduled and missed or they sit in drafts until past the optimal date/time of posting.
  • Adding more users is not included with the free version and can become expensive.
The combination of utilizing the Hootlet add-on and the scheduling feature make posting efficient. However, the hard-to-use interface, limited number of profiles, and lack of multi-user capabilities make the free version of Hootsuite unusable for those wanting to have social presence across all social platforms. The only answer is to upgrade to a paid version of the program or to move to a different one. To be fair, Hootsuite free is not alone in these issues - other social media programs suffer from the same limitations in their free versions (if they even have free versions). However, with the clunky interface and lack of approval features, purchasing an upgraded version would not be my go-to answer. In order to bring Hootsuite free in line as a competitor, the interface would need to be updated to make user functionality the primary goal of the program.
Read Megan Lemons's full review
Rachel Moenning profile photo
We use Hootsuite Pro in order to monitor and manage multiple clients' social media accounts. I am the main user, although everyone has access to the account.

We are primarily a content creation company, specializing in film and video production, but we offer social media management as an upsell to many of our clients, which they usually are very interested in. Trying to juggle many social profiles is difficult, and monitoring them all is nearly impossible. HootSuite pro allows you to have one look across all platforms and profiles, and saves a ton of time.
  • Excellent social monitoring tool. You can follow hashtags, mentions, and more, and have a "bird's eye view" of it all on one page.
  • Great calendar feature where you can see all your posts laid out on a calendar, rather than just a list or weekly view. This helps with more in-depth campaigns.
  • The mobile app is great to use if you manage Instagram accounts, as it sends notifications and reminders to post at the scheduled times.
  • The layout of HootSuite (both mobile and desktop) leaves much to be desired. It is not pretty, and it doesn't make a lot of visual sense to me.
  • I wish there was an option to post to Instagram automatically, although I know this is really a problem with Instagram, and not with HootSuite.
HootSuite pro is great for social scheduling and monitoring! You can interact via HootSuite, but personally I think it is more appropriate to just organically go on the social platform and interact that way.
It is also better to go on your page every once in a while outside of HootSuite and check on everything - how pictures are displaying, how hashtags are displaying, and if tagged pages are linking to the correct destinations. Sometimes HootSuite can be buggy - not often, but it is worth keeping an eye on!
Read Rachel Moenning's full review
Barbara Carneiro profile photo
December 19, 2017

Good tool!

We've used it to schedule posts on Facebook and Twitter. One person on my team is responsible for curating content, uploading it to HootSuite and then scheduling it to many channels, for us and some of our clients. We used it as a tool to streamline our social media engagement and presence. I believe that overall it is a powerful tool and affordable but I'm finding it to be too cumbersome and in a way a bit more complex to manage. The interface is not the most intuitive one. It was great a few years ago but we've seen interfaces that are simpler and not so cluttered. Overall it is a great tool but we eventually decided to move to something that others in the team could manage as well.
  • All in one place.
  • Easy to schedule posts.
  • Very affordable
  • Too cluttered.
  • Not as intuitive for someone just starting.
  • Not the best UI.
It is good for small agencies looking for an affordable tool to schedule social media posts and track mentions. It is a powerful tool and relatively easy to use once you understand where things are. There is a learning curve to understanding what it can do for you and your clients.
Read Barbara Carneiro's full review
Jorel Cook profile photo
Just by me, posting stuff for clients and potential clients to see and read about. I'll get different ideas from others in our company and others companies that post stuff as well. I try to post 2x per week on a regular basis. It's been very user friendly and saves me lots of time manually posting on all of the different sites.
  • Post to multiple sites with ease.
  • Work on the go with the app.
  • Schedule posts in the future.
  • When scheduling a post, it would be nice to be able to post to Twitter in the same window, because Twitter requires less text.
  • Emailed reminders if no more posts are scheduled.
  • More webinars for how to maximize your use of Hootsuite, such as reporting.
Small businesses and large businesses. I wouldn't use it personally though.
Read Jorel Cook's full review
Dérick St-Hilaire profile photo
Posting on Social Media multiple times a day, several days a week can be complicated. Hootsuite makes everything easier! A hub to manage different social media and bulk posting. Our marketing department uses it to manage social media (comments from customers, shares, etc.) and schedule their posts.
  • It helps to have everything together (mentions, inbox, etc.)
  • Lets you publish in bulk
  • Possibility to schedule in advance your posts
  • Difficult to set up and to use
  • Bulk composer is still in BETA and has a lot of problems
If you post many times on social media it's a must! We tweet more than 20 times a day, every day of the week. Without Hootsuite it would take me forever to post everything. Now I can schedule everything for the week.
Read Dérick St-Hilaire's full review
Francesca Confortini profile photo
Hootsuite Enterprise is being used by the marketing department of the organization of the company I work for, the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance, a Popular Music University. The reason we chose to use Hootsuite as our main software to manage social media is its versatility, as it is very effective for us in terms of management of different pages and platforms at the same time, but also in terms of campaigns and promotional plans. We also use its insight tools to keep track of our work and compare it with our competitors.
  • Effective management of different pages and social media in real time.
  • Clear and well guided creation of promotional campaigns and micro websites - extremely useful for launching contests of any kind (video, photo, etc.).
  • Easy to use adding people to the team - which is not possible using the Free version.
  • I would suggest an agreement with Instagram would be great as the scheduling process works but Hootsuite cannot post anything on that platform without passing through a mobile phone.
  • Sometimes I lose the access of pages randomly - it disconnects and takes a while to reconnect.
  • I think that all the members of a Hootsuite Enterprise team should have an Enterprise account activated, not only the super admin. This might cause problems as some features are not available for free users even if they're a part of the Enterprise team.
The typical scenario is a long period of vacation, such as the Christmas holiday break, in which posts need to be scheduled effectively and everything needs to be in place in order for the company not to lose track of the work and not to miss any posts. I could rely on Hootsuite by planning in advance all my work and when I came back everything went according to plans. The notifications that I needed to see if anything wasn't going the way I planned all came in time for me to fix the issue ASAP and I thought I could really rely on the software.
Read Francesca Confortini's full review
Satyarth Rai profile photo
June 16, 2017

Review from a CEO

It is used by my social media department. It saves a lot of time and social media gets very easy to handle. Stats and post scheduling on 3 platforms are just a tab away. We love the interface. The way you can adjust with Instagram is commendable. Thank you for being so awesome.
  • It is free.
  • Schedule posts for 3 platforms at once.
  • Easy to use.
  • Entire team can work on it.
  • More social media platforms should be included in the free version.
  • Better analytics.
  • Stats for the website should be included... a little of Google Analytics.
It is amazing for new startups like mine as we want to save both time and money. It helps in both directions and we really love the interface. I recommended it to all my friends who own companies as it can help them in strategizing better too. It is one for all.
Read Satyarth Rai's full review
Zaina Kroschinski profile photo
We use Hootsuite to advertise for our residential rental properties and promote our company as well. Hootsuite is great for targeting locals and the surround area that are looking for rental properties. This software is commonly used by the middle age demographic that we are aiming for as renters. The marketing department typically uses the software to advertise daily. It is great for promoting and advertising our business.
  • Targets the desired audience that mostly use this website.
  • Helps narrow down your needs and wants in a home.
  • Provides many different cities, towns and areas of the country.
  • Expensive reports for small businesses.
  • Custom URL shorteners are pricey.
Hootsuite free is great for private renters to promote their own properties & not have to deplete their funds on advertising.
Read Zaina Kroschinski's full review
Glenio Machado profile photo
I used Hootsuite to manage my own company social media posts and for some clients of my agency. With HootSuite I can save time by not needing to login into each social media account every day to schedule posts. The only thing I need to do is go into Hootsuite and schedule all posts for the week or month at one unique time.
  • You can schedule up to 3 profiles of social media channels and schedule the same post for all media at the same time.
  • There is a friendly dashboard where you can see all scheduled posts you already set up for each social media accounts.
  • You can track the number of follower and how the posted content is performing and check the results you are achieving.
  • I am not sure exactly the limit of posts you can keep scheduled at the same time, but when I'm doing it for the whole month, some times this limit is not enough.
  • It would be better if we had some options for the dashboard layout where we see the posts scheduled.
  • When you modify a post already scheduled you can't change it in more than one social media post, even when it was done together. We should be able to choose what social media to apply changes on.
When you don't have too many posts to do, or don't have too many social media channels to manage, Hootsuite free is perfect. But if your demand is big, you probably will need a pro version of this tool.
Read Glenio Machado's full review
Randolph Ramirez profile photo
We are currently using Hootsuite Pro to control and monitor all of our social networking interaction. This includes Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin. We also use it to unify activity across several accounts on the same network, such as Twitter. It allows us to schedule our social media information to support and bolster our printed and digital advertising as well as our email campaigns. It also allows us control over social media interactions at live events such as trade shows and showroom events.
  • Excellent scheduling across multiple social media platforms simultaneously.
  • Great viewing of Twitter lists and custom search feeds.
  • Great extension support with Hootlet on Chrome.
  • Allows following of hashtags for twitterchats and following trends.
  • Poor handling of followers and no follower support for Instagram or Facebook.
  • No viewing of main feed for Facebook.
Hootsuite does an excellent job of scheduling and publishing content. It shines at content but does poorly when it comes to audience curation. There is no way to sort followers or determine influencers vs. non influencers. It leads to a lot of manual work on that end. Luckily the content generation is done well enough that it becomes an acceptable trade off.
Read Randolph Ramirez's full review
Angela Falisi, MPH profile photo
We use it as a way to manage our group's social media presence. We are a working group within a larger organization. It's a great way to schedule and manage social media postings across different channels.
  • Scheduling/editing posts
  • Streamline social media management process
  • Easy to use interface
  • Somewhat difficult to update the LinkedIn Profile information (since we don't have an organizational LinkedIn account, and rely on one of the member's LinkedIn accounts to serve as the connection to Hootsuite).
  • The Dashboard page can be a bit busy and it's sometimes easy to miss or overlook a retweet or reply to a post.
  • Have had issues with attaching and adding photos to written content.
Great for smaller groups with a limited budget and resources available for social media marketing/content.
Read Angela Falisi, MPH's full review
Matthew Hardesty profile photo
We use Hootsuite Pro to help monitor and manage multiple social media streams for our clients (as well as some of our own blogs). It's used primarily by our marketing department to help limit time spent logging in/out and scheduling posts across the multitude of social media platforms. In that respect, it's a big time saver.
  • It provides easy management of multiple social media accounts
  • Monitors multiple streams across social media platforms
  • It allows team member management and task delegation
  • The interface can be somewhat cumbersome at times
  • Some settings & configurations are hard to get to
  • Some advanced reports may cost extra/aren't included with the Pro plan
From a small business perspective, Hootsuite Pro is great if you are prepared to create and follow a publishing schedule and have discussed the KPIs you intend to measure. Essentially, the tool becomes useful when you need to execute on a plan made elsewhere. Otherwise, you won't be maximizing on the strengths it offers. From an agency perspective, Hootsuite Pro lacks refinement and is outclassed by other service providers like Falcon.io, Spredfast, or Sprout social.
Read Matthew Hardesty's full review
F. Flobo Boyce profile photo
We currently use Hootsuite Pro to manage and schedule our social media posts from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Though Human Resources has access to these accounts, it's usually the marketing department that are the working custodians of these platforms. It's been a help to us, especially on nights and weekend posting as well as re-posting older content.
  • Organize Social Media Content
  • Able to post to many accounts at once
  • Weekly analytic email
  • While novel, the analytic reports can go more in depth
  • Instagram functionality continues to be wonky (due to IG's closed API)
  • Dashboard panel can become cluttered
Hootsuite is a (relatively) inexpensive social media monitoring tool that is an essential tool for individuals and small businesses. It's cost continues to be it's star feature, as they are admittedly more robust programs out there that essentially performs Hootsuite's functions (and more, if taking analytics and other features into account).
Read F. Flobo Boyce's full review
Mark Cohen profile photo
We use HootSuite to manage the multitude of social media accounts we manage for ourselves as well as clients - LinkedIn company and individual pages, Facebook personal and company pages, Instagram, we even update Wordpress blogs from HootSuite.

We take advantage of its scheduling capabilities, ease of use and synchronicity across all devices, apps that plug into it and its Chrome plugin "Hootlet."
  • It is a true dashboard. It is easy to set up and manage multiple social media accounts.
  • Scheduling social media posts is easily done in bulk via upload, in advance, or in the moment with the Hootlet plugin for chrome.
  • We also use Hootsuite across mutliple devices - laptop, mobile phone, and tablet. It syncs well and has a very similar experience across each device.
  • It is easy to integrate other applications with Hootsuite for content, analytics, etc.
  • At times link previews do not work so we have to cut and paste links and previews into the scheduling window, this cuts down on our efficiency.
  • Analytics are still not up to snuff though, I have to admit, there are better analytics purportedly available but the price is high relative to other solutions.
  • Though apps are easily integrated, some work better than others and it takes time to figure that out. There also doesn't see to be a way to provide feedback in those apps that don't work quite as well.
HootSuite is well suited for individuals or small teams managing multiple social media accounts. It probably won't work as well in an enterprise, but there is a solution which addresses that.
Read Mark Cohen's full review
Jess Messenger profile photo
We use Hootsuite Pro to manage numerous social media platforms for several different clients around the world. Hootsuite is used by most people within our firm. It helps address the problems associated with scheduling lots of content for clients. We can pre-schedule content to make it easier to get messages out during the early and late hours. We can also tracks the number of clicks in order to better tailor our content to followers.
  • I like that Hootsuite makes it very easy to shorten a URL into an ow.ly link within the dashboard.
  • I find it very easy to schedule messages and to see all of the upcoming messages for one client or all clients with just a few simple clicks.
  • I like that you can review custom dashboards for each client, such as the Twitter homepage, scheduled Facebook posts, and inbox messages.
  • I wish that the reports didn't use a "point" system. We have a Pro account and still do not have enough points to generate some of the great reports that Hootsuite offers.
  • Hootsuite should make it easier to schedule messages in different time zones. You can change the time zone of your dashboard but that's too cumbersome when you have employees accessing it from different countries. I want to easily know when to schedule a message so that it will go out at the correct time in another country without calculating the time difference myself.
  • Sometimes profiles randomly get disconnected from Hootsuite and you have to reauthenticate the account by logging in via Hootsuite.
This product is well suited for organizations that have to manage the social media profiles of several different clients or even one business that needs to manage its Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn pages all at once. It's great for pre-scheduling messages that need to go out at a specific time, such as during tradeshows or following press announcements, the launch of a new product, etc.
Read Jess Messenger's full review
Melissa Best profile photo
Our digital marketing department uses Hootsuite Pro to manage our social platforms across 3 brands. It allows us to see in one platform - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+ pages. We also schedule our blog posts within Hootsuite Pro. Not only can we schedule posts but we can also view and respond to messages within Hootsuite Pro.
  • I can set up a stream for one brand with all of the social platforms on that tab. With a quick scroll I can see Mentions, Messages, Posts and Shares on a hashtag.
  • We can schedule posts far in advance, even if we don't have the creative yet. We can drop those in later, once the creative team delivers them.
  • We can schedule our blog posts in Hootsuite Pro far in advance as well.
  • We are able to schedule Instagram posts. While posting is a manual process still, our Hootsuite iPhone App alerts us that it's time to post. When we click on the alert, it takes us to the app where we can open up our Instagram account and the photo is automatically added. All we have to do is paste the text into Instagram and hit Share.
  • Hootsuite Pro gives us the ability to plan ahead and helps us be efficient with our time. Because we manage three brands' social media [platforms], we need to be able to see everything at a glance and schedule with ease.
  • Even when we refresh Hootsuite, it does not always show the latest notifications and messages. If we want a fast response time, we need to log into the social platforms themselves to keep up with notifications.
  • There are some great analytics reports with Hootsuite Pro but most of them are an upgrade or you need to buy points to use them. They aren't included in the monthly Hootsuite Pro price.
  • In order to add users and allow them to respond to messages and help within the account, we have to pay more.
There are more robust platforms that manage social media but for the cost we are happy with Hootsuite. A big brand with 100K+ fans might want something that listens to the chatter. You can't depend on Hootsuite Pro to give you up to date notifications. That could quickly get out of hand with a lot of fans talking about your brand. We have about 75K fans total across all of our brands, so it's manageable now.
Read Melissa Best's full review
Ian Mayman profile photo
I have used Hootsuite Pro for several years as a sole trader mostly for the development of my brand on Twitter. Hootsuite has made it possible for me to go from a few thousand to hundred of thousands of genuine followers without me having to spend much time on it. All I do is create the tweets and then load them into Hootsuite for bulk scheduling, it takes seconds to schedule hundreds of tweets!
  • For me the best thing is bulk scheduling, it takes me just seconds every five or so days to schedule hundreds of tweets!
  • The reports feature allows me to create a regularly published report with various statistics on the health of my Twitter accounts. I can also use this feature to produce content for presentation or to provide to a client a record of the results being achieved.
  • The way updates can be viewed in columns is a great design. It is very customisable and means I can produce a page of columns displaying all mentions and comments, another for all scheduled tweets, one all private messages and many more options of what to have to display at a glance.
  • Something I have been critical of and requested a number of times a feature that existed years ago and was removed in a Hootsuite redesign, this feature was to enable bulk editing of common criteria of posts, such as where they are published and whether or not a notification is required. Such changes to scheduled posts must currently be done one at a time.
  • I am currently paying a discounted grandfathered price per month and in my opinion, it is a little high for anyone on a low income. I believe the starting price should be per month, this would encourage more to upgrade if they get just one of the key premium features, such as bulk scheduling (perhaps with a lower schedule limit of around 100 updates) or the analytics reports.
  • I have heard things here and there about forthcoming features such as Ads and Campaigns, these interest me, but I generally find training and support on how to use them could be better. There is "Hootsuite University" with it's certified training, but that I feel is overkill; a more basic and approachable level should be available, a "Hootsuite School" if you like.
  • Two big things premium features lacking from Hootsuite that are offered by other services: a recurring content schedule with content published at a user-defined frequency. Curated content suggested by HootSuite staff to users based on user-defined interests.
I am giving Hootsuite Pro a rating of eight because it is generally a very good product, but could be better. Sometimes errors do occur but they are always fixed quickly and the Hootsuite team is always open and transparent about it. It isn't suitable for everyone but I think it can be a key social media tool for those working with social networks. I think it is most valuable to social media professionals because there are a lot of options and features likely to overwhelm inexperienced users wanting a more minimalist approach.
Read Ian Mayman's full review
Jasmeet S Babra profile photo
Hootsuite pro was used as a central activity center for all our social media. I have used Hootsuite to manage various social accounts for the last company I worked for and also in a project for my masters class. Using features like streams and lists we were able to identify various aspects of business which touched our domain and were able to engage and track them.
  • Manage social media feed.
  • Manage different social media channels in one.
  • Give specific access to users and managers.
  • Allows you to post at a particular time.
  • Cross channel content pushing.
  • Integrate Instagram well.
  • Managing events on FB.
  • The archive feature could be improved.
Hootsuite pro is well suited when you have tons of social media profiles and you regularly push content on your accounts. Using Hootsuite pro, you can push the same content, at your specified time.
Read Jasmeet S Babra's full review
Kory J. Schulte profile photo
April 13, 2016

Hootsuite is worth it

We utilize Hootsuite Pro in our office for handling all of our social media. Whether it's content, calendar, or analytics, it is the tool that we use to handle everything. I'm the person who's generally in charge of its use, but it's fairly straight-forward, so pretty much any of our employees could use it if necessary.
  • Calendar - I love that I can schedule posts ahead of time so I don't have to worry about them. Set it and forget it.
  • The UX is great - Easy to navigate, clear layout.
  • Price - It's really not all that expensive for what you get!
  • It's not a powerhouse, but it's a beast.
If you've got a lot of heavy social media work to do, and a pre-planned calendar for many of the posts, Hootsuite is perfect. If you really don't utilize social media that much for your business (you should), you probably don't need to pay for this service (though you should).
Read Kory J. Schulte's full review
raja ram profile photo

Hootsuite Pro helps us in managing various social platforms. We predominately use this tool to schedule our social media posts/tweets on various social platforms, in different time zones.

Hootsuite's 'Publisher' feature is one of the best in the industry and is easy to manage. We use it for both importing and exporting social media posts into the publisher.

Generating reports is easy. However, to generate advanced engagement reports requires extra credits.

This is one of the best toosl to manage Twitter, where different streams can be created to manage retweets, mentions, DMS, lists, etc.

• Easy to manage various social media platforms
  • Decent mobile apps, supports both iOS / Android
  • Publisher feature is one of the best in the industry
  • Advanced Reports requires credits
  • You can't integrate with bit.ly
  • Editing thumbnails sometimes doesn't work
Hootsuite Pro is ideal for B2B companies. If you are looking to deep dive into analytics, this tool will not provide the required reports; unless you pay/buy extra credits. Managing Twitter is one the best features, you can create multiple streams. Scheduling is awesome and effortless. It is easy to set up and integrating with social platforms is effortless.
Read raja ram's full review
Kirsten Lowery profile photo
We use Hootsuite Pro for our organization's social media marketing needs. It reduces the time spent on posting across multiple social media channels and allows us to schedule out these posts well in advance. We are able to track mentions of our Twitter handle as well asretweets, etc. It is easy to use and makes social media marketing simpler for a small company with limited resources!
  • Easy scheduling of social marketing messages across multiple social media channels.
  • Simple tracking of our reach and engagement with other social media users, including vendors and potential clients.
  • Shortening URLs to allow maximization of our character limit for Twitter posts.
  • Unfortunate that basic metrics are not available unless paid for.
  • Would like to better track all company user handles, something that it may be capable of but [I'm] unaware of.
  • Would like to see notifications of most popular posts, most likes, retweets, etc.
I think it's great for smaller companies that need to track one main company handle across numerous channels. I'm unsure if it would be appropriate for large companies tracking multiple handles for different company divisions.
Read Kirsten Lowery's full review

Boolean keyword searches (62)
Filtering out noise/spam (65)
6.7
Sentiment analysis (59)
Broad channel coverage (81)
Content planning and scheduling (101)
Audience targeting (75)
Content optimization (81)
Workflow management (84)
Automated routing and prioritization (62)
Customer interaction histories (69)
Bulk actions (76)
Lead generation (46)
Content marketing (75)
Paid media management (42)
Campaigns and promotions (65)
Twitter (98)
9.4
Facebook (98)
LinkedIn (88)
Google+ (59)
Instagram (80)
Pinterest (47)
YouTube (44)
Campaign success analytics (79)
Real-time tracking (79)
Competitor analysis (55)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (82)
Mobile access (89)

About Hootsuite

HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.

Hootsuite Integrations

Google Analytics, Allocadia, Brandwatch, 123FormBuilder (formerly 123ContactForm)

Hootsuite Competitors

Adobe Social, Conversocial, Sysomos Expion, Falcon.io, Oracle Social Cloud, Radian6, Sprout Social, Viralheat, MavSocial, ThoughtBuzz, Khoros Care (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr Social + Messaging Suite

Hootsuite Technical Details