Reviews (226-250 of 262)
- Excellent audio and video quality.
- Meetings start very quickly; sending invitations is fast and easy.
- I wish that I could schedule a Zoom meeting from within Outlook. The way it works now is that you use Zoom to create an Outlook appointment. I'd rather create an appointment and then add Zoom. Why? Just what I'm used to, I guess.
- Stability and quality of the calls and client + having a bespoke join-page with our branding
- Zoom room concept & functionality
- Very simple administration with a lot of functionality
- Screensharing of iOS devices on WiFi
- Great and smooth enterprise-user management (SAML, Google, domain signup)
- A backup meeting client without local install (like hangouts)
- Better two-way calendar integration and seeing upcoming Zoom meetings you are invited to in the Zoom client
- Better UX structure and flow for meeting invites (really missing a list of previous invites from others so you can "re-join")
- More options for recording a meeting (speaker view, switch recorded angles etc.)
- Be able to hide the chat or get the chat more Slack-like
- Very responsive when sharing screen compared to other software.
- Clear audio and video.
- Support for all platforms (Linux, Windows, Mac).
- Zoom rooms are very affordable compared to a classic conference system.
- Support, were fast to respond for simple task but very slow to reply for more advanced issue (more periodic status updates would be welcomed).
- Being able to request recording permissions would be good.
- Audio and Video quality and connection are suburb
- Sharing a screen is super easy
- Recording classes and events makes life really easy for archival purposes and review at a later date.
- Possibly increased space for cloud storage for recordings
- It would be great if users could have full functionality through the webpage instead of having to download the app, but I understand the limitations of the technology.
- As an administrator, I'd love to be able to see a record of meetings started and held when not a scheduled meeting.
It might be less appropriate for outside meetings or where there is a lot of background noise.
- Great technology. People can log in easily, and we've never had a technical issue that stopped us from having a session. So I guess reliability.
- Access. We have the desktop control, as well as the link in Outlook. And, of course, the browser.
- Integration with Outlook.
- Can't think of anything. It does everything we need it to do.
- It works with a click of the link, just download a small plug-in one time. A host can download software to make scheduling easier, and it comes with an online chat feature to boot. We were able to provide academic or technical office hours with chat.
- Screen sharing is very robust and easy.
- Videos record to your computer, so finding files is easy. Files record in mp4 format, which play in a modern browser.
- Some functionality in the back end to group users into departments or programs could use some updating, but in the time I have used the software I have seen constant updates.
We also have 5 Zoom Rooms deployed across our remote locations.
- Quality of voice and video
- Simplicity, especially for external users
- Upgrading the client is sometimes troublesome. Often the client tells me it's updated while it isn't.
- A few of our customers have IT policies denying the use of remote collab tools other than WEBEX. Maybe a wide campaign to make Zoom well known and, at least, allowed at those orgs would be nice...
We love it, especially after adoption Logitech POP + Harmony to automate room startup.
- Cost savings over comparable tools is significant
- Quality of service is on par or better than GoToMeeting and WebEx.
- The ability to start or schedule meetings directly in Outlook
- Easily switch screen sharing between participants.
- We have experienced some audio issues, where the attendees joined the meeting prior to the organizer, and for some reason, none of the participants could hear the others. The organizer had to join to the audio portion first. This isn't a consistent issue, but does happen on occasion.
Being the Director of Distance Learning, I use Zoom to host monthly meetings with our site coordinators. Before Zoom, there would be annual meetings happening on the main campus. Being able to do monthly meetings, I was able to keep them updated with the latest happening on campus plus I was able to do extensive training on the software that we use every day on the main campus.
- 3 levels of broadcast. This is a fabulous feature that I have not seen on any other video conferencing software. If a participant is on a poor internet service, they will receive a smaller broadcast of the session. Unlike other video conference software, if you don't have good internet connection then you are out of luck.
- Screen Sharing +. So as a host you can share your screen with the audience. I know, "Big Deal, the others can do that", but Zoom expanded it. The audience members can share their screen with everyone or you can give mouse control of your shared screen with an audience member. Which is great for teaching!!!
- Customer Service/Plans. These guys have the best customer service team. You email a question, you get a response within a few hours, not days. Plus if you are an educator or education institution, they have some of the best deals for you.
- There is one thing. I want to have a button in my online class that would let students know that I am available or not for them to communicate with me through Zoom and they would click on the button and it would open up a Zoom meeting. That might already exist, but I just haven't had the time to research it.
I wouldn't do meetings when the person attending is less than 15 feet away from you. Bad feedback noise.
We are a court reporting firm and use ZOOM for Video Depositions - Recorded and not Recorded.
We also use ZOOM for video conferencing linking either point to point or multi locations.
The use of ZOOM allows us to expand our business across the country and worldwide and allows our clients improved efficiency cutting down on travel and time whether across town, across country, or to foreign countries.
- We have conducted video linked depositions from our home base in Florida to California, Canada, many states and even as far away as Dubai.
- We can record in HD-MP4 format and provide immediate copies of the recorded deposition to our clients.
- We link the recorded meetings/depositions to our cloud storage giving access either electronic or DVD to our clients.
- In the last few months ZOOM has added a pause feature to the record function which allows us to interrupt a recording without ending - thus we can resume when ready on the same file.....BUT we need a time and date stamp on the recording to make it fully functional. We have been asking for this for almost two years now with no results.
- Zoom is easy enough to use that even our most technologically challenged users never have a problem downloading and joining a meeting
- The video is always high quality with very little distortion.
- The features that give me the ability to monitor and control users is fantastic. Students sometimes struggle to realize that their background noise can be distracting to other students.
- There are still a few audio issues from time to time such as echoing and reverb. I know that's a user issue, but it does cause confusion from time to time.
- Zoom is a reliable platform for communication and sharing screen images.
- Zoom is easy to schedule and initiate or log on to.
- Zoom is easy for new members to acces
- Zoom might consider a chat or notes page for record keeping or facilitating an agenda.
- Zoom has been great to listen to their users. They have over the last couple of years integrated many new features that help my teachers.
- Technical support is wonderful! They are a phone call away and have many videos that explain features perfectly.
- My teachers have loved how user friendly Zoom is! There is no in-depth training. It's so simple to get started. It's made integration very easy!
- Honestly, Zoom has been cutting edge! They release new features all the time! I cannot find an area for improvement.
- It's easy! We have members around the world and we need a communications vehicle that is simple to use and intuitive.
- Global Access. The ability to have local numbers in many countries allows us to be locally relevant to many members.
- Allows for instant communication. Being a member in a country half way around the world, and being able to connect instantly to headquarters staff allows us to impact our members in ways inconceivable just a few years ago.
- Always appreciate the addition of more county access numbers.
- Easy Connection.
- Clear Sound for multiple people.
- Easy to share screen.
- Would be great if it was easier to chat with internal team members already using the same email address, on call or off call.
- Conference call rooms should have a nickname so easier to remember (other than numbers).
- Very stable connection.
- Easy to share content with screen share.
- Video is 100% better for building relationships versus just a phone call.
- Some users have difficulty signing on.
- Some uses can sign on, but can't the video or audio to work.
- Clear audio.
- Easy to use (everything is obvious and on the screen, no instruction required).
- Integrates with other things.
- Zoom Rooms doesn't always update at the same time as the regular Zoom, they may not be in sync with new features--that would be nice.
- Would like a digital zoom feature on the webcam view.
- Perhaps a small indicator of the number of viewers/participants, for moderators, in an always visible corner of the window.
I could almost see it as a replacement for a phone.
- Very easy interface for people to use, even if they are technologically challenged.
- Instant messaging is particularly helpful. Allows our team to communicate quickly.
- Mobile version is great.
- I really can't think of anything.
- Zoom is best software for low bandwidth connections. In case internet is working slowly, Zoom can still provide a good quality meeting. I have seen Zoom work well even on slow connections.
- It has great sound quality. Even if there are a number of people from different locations, the sound quality is always good.
- One important feature of Zoom is, that it does not disconnect the meeting if organizer loses the internet connection. Zoom auto switches the organizer, which is great feature really.
- The screen sharing feature is great and it works again really well with a low internet bandwidth.
- User Interface: I think Zoom has great features but the main area where it needs improvement is the user interface. Zoom always sticks on the top of screen in the middle, so sometimes if we have to click on the header in the browser, we get stuck because of the Zoom Meeting user interface. Also sometime it is not easy to find options very easily.
- Call Out functionality: There needs to be an easier way to call out to mobile phones using Zoom's call out service. It would be really helpful to have.
- I have a Zoom app installed on my Macbook Retina, and every time I login to Zoom, I click on a setting "remember my login". But still I have to enter my username and password every time I access Zoom. I'm not sure if Zoom saved the logins but it never worked for me.
- Team interaction thought a single meeting ID. Zoom allows multiple people to join the same meeting.
- People can easily mute themselves if they are not talking. It helps with background noise.
- Video sharing quality is great via Zoom. We share our videos so other people can see us and it helps with communicating better.
- The Android app is little slow to load. This needs improvement. The app for the computer works great so there are no issues with that yet! But the Mobile apps needs some work.
- Meeting connection time does not take long. It works very fast.
- The quality of meetings is good. We are able to hear other members fine on the call. Zoom does not have issues like Skype does.
- The screen sharing feature works very well. Anyone can share their screen without asking for permission from others.
- I think a messaging feature could be added to send private chat messages.
- Ease of use for non-Zoom users.
- Awesome screen sharing/collaborative tools.
- Don't often have bandwidth challenges - it adjusts to maintain call quality - like Netflix.
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|