Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom ExperienceWe used Zoom within our department for our daily meetings. We used to have another product that we use for our communication but we had to renew the license and at that time Zoom was a cheaper and better option for us. During these meetings, we would go through our presentations.,Quick and easy to use interface The ability to share the screen Recording the meetings,The free version allows only 40 minutes of video conferencing Sometimes glitches occur during the video conferences The technical support needs to be improved,8,The other product that we used was relatively expensive. We saved money by using Zoom. With the screen share and whiteboard features, our meetings were more efficient and convenient. Recording some of the meetings saved some colleagues' time,We did not use Zoom Rooms.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync)Zoom is a great conferencing toolZoom is an excellent tool for video conferences through the web. It is being used across the entire organization. Video conferencing at its best.,Excellent software for video conferences through the web but also has multiple functionalities. Screen sharing is one of them. Chat functionality is very good, it keeps you connected in real time. All the meetings can be recorded with a click of a button.,None so far,9,It is ideal for video conferencing. I would like to have the ability to make group presentations and share a computer screen with a large number of participants possible. Ability to attend a meeting via mobile device as well as a desktop Remote meetings with remote users: We are able to stay connected to each other no matter where we are working.,No,Cisco WebEx Teams (formerly Cisco Spark)Blast off with Zoom!Zoom is used by individual teachers to participate in training sessions and webinars. We also use it to be able to bring in speakers that normally would not be able to come into our classrooms.,The controls for the Zoom while in the meeting are relatively easy to find and understand. It is nice to be able to control how you see other members of the meeting. The meeting invitation that is received before the meeting gives clear directions that are easy to follow.,As a school with limited budgets, we are currently using the free version so our recorded meeting length is limited. It would be nice to see that limit increased or removed. I had one meeting where we joined through the invitation, but had no sound. We then had to also call into the meeting to be able to hear. There was no clear direction on why we had to this or what we could change.,8,It has allowed us to save money on bringing trainers to our school. We have saved money on sending teachers to workshops when their is a comparable option using Zoom. We are able to still conduct team meetings even when some might be away from the school.,I have participated in Zoom Rooms through my graduate school courses. These were a nice feature to be able to set-up class meeting times and to have a chance to meet with my professors in real time. It made my online courses feel more interactive and allowed for more participation.,Skype,No,Product Features Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product,I honestly don't believe we would change anything about our process as it has worked out well for our school.,It is easy to set-up a meeting and send invitations to participants. It is very clear to see who is in attendance at the meeting. The ability to control the sound and picture is very straight forward.,9Zoom is fantastic!Zoom is widely used across our entire company. Zoom solves a large number of needs within our business across all departments. We are able to use Zoom internally for meetings at every scale, from one-on-ones to company-wide quarterly meetings. Nearly every conference room is Zoom enabled which make it extremely easy to present and interact, regardless of whether or not the attendants are local. We also use Zoom for customer-facing interactions across our entire company from sales to support.,The service is reliable and we rarely run into issues. The interface is consistent and easy to use across all devices. Extremely straightforward to use.,Honestly, I haven't experienced any notable issues.,10,Ease of collaboration across a global team. Less time spent on describing things, more time showing. Connected rooms make the office feel connected.,Our company does use Zoom Rooms. Nearly every conference room in our building is Zoom enabled and this makes our entire (large) office building feel connected. The ability for multiple users on varying devices to collaborate in one "room" is invaluable to overall homogeny across the entire business. The set up is generally simple and doesn't require much time.All IN FOR ZOOMWe are using Zoom for conference calls and meetings. It's being used by the whole organization. It helps us have comfy video conferencing, with people from different offices. At the same time, ease of use, voice and video call clarity has been really amazing. And we switched to Zoom because it is a fraction of the cost of what we used to spend with our old provider. The service is much better and cheaper than most of the options available in the market.,Zoom is very easy to use. It's a cheaper option as compared to its alternatives Zoom's service is outstanding. We never had any glitch or performance issues so far. Video and voice clarity is recommendable.,No issues really so far. I think they might have a limit on the capacity of users in a single call, it is something they can work on.,10,Cost Savings. Improved video and voice calling. Great features like document sharing, screen sharing and setting up confidentiality on attendees.,I love Zoom Rooms. Its simply awesome!!,Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and Cisco WebEx Room Series (formerly Cisco Spark Room Series)
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 645 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings

January 18, 2019

User Review: "Zoom Experience"

• Quick and easy to use interface
  • The ability to share the screen
  • Recording the meetings
  • The free version allows only 40 minutes of video conferencing
  • Sometimes glitches occur during the video conferences
  • The technical support needs to be improved
With the screen sharing feature, we share our presentations with our colleagues. This helps us to receive feedback when we are not in the office and is convenient for everyone.
We did not use Zoom Rooms.
January 10, 2019

User Review: "Zoom is a great conferencing tool"

• Excellent software for video conferences through the web but also has multiple functionalities. Screen sharing is one of them.
  • Chat functionality is very good, it keeps you connected in real time.
  • All the meetings can be recorded with a click of a button.
  • None so far
With Zoom, our company can communicate with the associates from the other teams and exchange information. In addition, it also allows us to record videos with ease - in particular, to make tutorials. We use the screen sharing tool a lot for troubleshooting.
January 09, 2019

User Review: "Blast off with Zoom!"

• The controls for the Zoom while in the meeting are relatively easy to find and understand.
  • It is nice to be able to control how you see other members of the meeting.
  • The meeting invitation that is received before the meeting gives clear directions that are easy to follow.
  • As a school with limited budgets, we are currently using the free version so our recorded meeting length is limited. It would be nice to see that limit increased or removed.
  • I had one meeting where we joined through the invitation, but had no sound. We then had to also call into the meeting to be able to hear. There was no clear direction on why we had to this or what we could change.
I have had the opportunity to use Zoom both at work and in graduate school. Zoom was a great tool to use to meet with my classmates when we were working on group projects. To be able to have those conversations in real time was very beneficial. It has also proven very helpful to bring training into our school district. It has allowed us to decrease expenses to bring in trainers to implement new programs.
January 08, 2019

User Review: "Zoom is fantastic!"

• The service is reliable and we rarely run into issues.
  • The interface is consistent and easy to use across all devices.
  • Extremely straightforward to use.
  • Honestly, I haven't experienced any notable issues.
Zoom is well suited to companies at many sizes and even has applications in the personal sector. It is a solid tool for remotely connecting to colleagues and customers alike. Since there are many options for connecting there are many situations where Zoom can be used, it is very versatile. From simple text chat to more complicated screen-sharing and video conferencing Zoom is very capable.
January 01, 2019

User Review: "All IN FOR ZOOM"

• Zoom is very easy to use.
  • It's a cheaper option as compared to its alternatives
  • Zoom's service is outstanding. We never had any glitch or performance issues so far.
  • Video and voice clarity is recommendable.
  • No issues really so far. I think they might have a limit on the capacity of users in a single call, it is something they can work on.
For conference calls between different offices, meetings can be made simpler to attend from your desk. Zoom does many aspects very well that would benefit most small, medium, and large organizations. Zoom has the best quality I have seen so far in all apps we tried: Lync, Skype, rinc, Webex. Screen/document sharing is one of the most useful tools.
I love Zoom Rooms. Its simply awesome!!
November 01, 2018

Review: "Zoom is perfect for on-the-go workers in a time crunch"

Not used across the organization, but is really helpful for certain teams when interacting with our clients. Teleconference software that is flexible when dealing inter-organizationally. I overall prefer Zoom in the mobile use case, especially in my experience with iOS devices, like my iPhone. Probably the best in that scenario.
  • Teleconference directly from my smart phone (iPhone in my case)
  • Off the cuff meetings, can start one from scratch
  • Simple, easy to use, conversation/meeting recorder
  • The desktop version could have some more streamlined options
  • The process in sharing screens is nice, but sometimes more complex than seemingly needed
I love the one-touch iPhone settings for joining meetings, they've really helped me during time crunches for joining a conference call with people outside my company. Also great for any need when you're not in the office.

I prefer other similar tools for sitting at my desk and conducting teleconference meetings. Although I'm sure this works as well, that would be my personal experience.
I do not, it sounds cool- maybe like Slack?
October 04, 2018

Review: "Zoom - light and fast conferencing tool"

We are an EdTech and to conduct educational live sessions, we decided to go with Zoom Conference. Actually, the functionalities are very well supported and it has many other features which I see solving a good amount of use cases for our main product. The support is nice and prompt most of time.
  • It is very easy to get onboard. User Experience is nicely set up.
  • Very light download and installation.
  • Many functionalities are there which are not confusing.
  • With the wide variety of features its competitors possess, Zoom needs to work on that.
  • Zoom needs to give a download option for many of the things that happen during a session.
  • Device support is not very well mentioned.
Zoom is lightweight, easy to install and with various options which are not hard to understand and follow. If you are a business with limited use cases but you want to be sure you are always on top of things, Zoom lets you have control on that. In spite of all good functionalities, if you appear to have 360 degree dependency on video platform, not suggested to implement.
August 22, 2018

Zoom Review: "One of, if not the best video conferencing tools out there."

We had increasingly bad luck with using alternative virtual meeting software, such as GoToMeeting. After narrowing down alternatives, our IT department asked for a handful of employees to test Zoom as an alternative. Within about a week, we had made the decision to switch from GoToMeeting to Zoom and now use Zoom for over 75% of our virtual meeting needs (and growing).
  • The interface of Zoom is very simple to navigate. All of the controls needed to mute, share your screen, and more are big and bold. I feel like I didn't need any training or previous experience with Zoom to be using it successfully.
  • The video quality of Zoom is awesome. We like to see other employees faces during meetings, and Zoom shows everyone crystal clear.
  • I love the website for my Zoom account where I can access upcoming and past recorded meetings and all the info about them. I also like the easy web interface for scheduling my next meeting.
  • To be quite honest, I cannot think of anything for Zoom to improve. This might be because the alternatives are not as well-equipped as Zoom, but Zoom has satisfied my needs perfectly.
Zoom is great for handling meetings with a lot of attendees. The grid layout of all the attendees' webcams is awesome, and at a glance, you are able to see who is on mute and who is actively talking. Even with a lot of attendees, there does not appear to be any lag or glitches with Zoom at all - there always seems to be a really smooth experience all around.
We do not use Zoom Rooms, but we are aware of it and might be evaluating it in the near future.
October 16, 2018

User Review: "Zoom - Just do it!"

If you want a frictionless video conferencing solution that always works, easy to use and reliable.. Zoom is the product. Its been a great choice and journey with Zoom and I recommend it to everyone that is looking to solve their collaboration needs.
  • Wireless sharing has been a game changer.
  • Mobile client is fantastic and actually designed with a purpose
  • Extremely easy to integrate and deploy
  • Whiteboarding can use more depth integration for storage, persistent sessions
  • Dual content sharing is coming but its been a long while coming
  • Active host model for Webinar licenses - it would be a win win for zoom and their customers
If it's a green field deployment, Zoom is a no brainer. Even integrating with existing deployed solutions with their CRC connectors is easy and if not, Zoom's sales engineers are top notch and well seasoned to assist.
Fantastic, easy to setup, integration with Zoom is seamless. The hardest part has been making sure the room has good acoustic sound. Zoom just plugs in and works.
September 24, 2018

User Review: "Zoom for the personal professional"

We do live product demos for our sales organization. Screenshots and PDFs only provided blanket context into what my company does, but with Zoom we are able to screenshare and show the prospect what our tool actually looks like and how they could use it.
  • Allows users a way to screen share without needing them to download anything from the web
  • If group presenting Zoom allows me to hand off the controls to others and they can drive the presentation
  • Zoom allows me an easy way for my customers to dial-in and view my presentations
  • I wish there was an easy way to minimize the screen control functions. It always seems to be in the way
  • It would be nice to have a customizable link for the screen share url that opens in the browser and doesn't allow for a download
Well suited for doing group calls and screen share presentations. It lacks when I am mid-conversation and want to show someone something quickly. I wish there was a way for them to jump right into the meeting without needing to provide any qualifying information.
Eric Weiss profile photo
June 15, 2018

Zoom Review: "Sharing your screen, not your pain"

Zoom is being used by our business every single day. We use Zoom for group meetings since some of us work remotely. Zoom is also used when we introduce our application in demos to potential buyers. I personally use Zoom to help support clients on our app when they need simple guidance or if we need to walk through a complicated task or issue that's easier to view and communicate while looking at the issue together compared to sending back and forth emails which can take up valuable time.
  • Zoom has a really nice user interface that I find simple to use.
  • The connection to Zoom has been very stable in my experience.
  • Zoom works really well on both Mac and PC. I've also heard it runs pretty well on Linux (I do not have any experience with the Linux version).
  • I may not be seeing it in the app, but I would love if Zoom was able to provide details about what kind of device someone is using when I try to support them. Examples include what version of a browser someone is using, what OS they're running - anything that prevents me from having to ask the same questions over and over again.
Zoom is well suited for presentations, technical support, demoing your product, or simply putting a face and meeting one on one with someone you may have gone back and forth with multiple emails or phone calls and building a stronger relationship with your clients. I know I get compliments about going "the extra mile" of jumping on a screen share compared to sending an email sometimes with a link that tells someone to read an article to solve a problem.
I have not used Zoom Rooms, so I can't place a fair comment on this.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
Peter Filias profile photo
June 14, 2018

Review: "Zoom is amazing - no other call platform compares!"

Zoom is used as our primary means of doing audio/video calls. The entire company uses Zoom as well as our customers. I first used Zoom here doing my interview process. Zoom addresses the problem of reducing the friction associated with setting up audio/video call software. Zoom does an amazing job here - the footprint of the software is minimal.
  • Zoom is extremely easy to set up. It only took about 3s from downloading to installing.
  • Zoom is extremely small. The download was tiny, less than 10MB in size!
  • The call quality with a reasonable internet connection is extremely good. I've rarely had issues with call quality.
  • Zoom could do a better job with moving some of the calls to action buttons in easier to see areas. Every now and then folks can't initially find where to click to share their screen.
  • I'd like to the ability to paste images into the chat.
  • It would be nice if the chat transcript could be downloaded for the host. I haven't seen this offered.
Zoom is well suited anywhere you have people in various locations - whether they are employees, contractors, customers, or prospective customers. Zoom is not well suited where internet connectivity issues exist. If there is questionable service, call quality degrades and it's advisable to disable the video portion of the call. It would be nice to have something in the UI suggest that a user disable video if their connection is unstable - perhaps?
We do not use Zoom Rooms. At least I have not used Zoom Rooms.
Read Peter Filias's full review
Robbin Block profile photo
June 14, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is Your Remote Consulting Friend"

I use Zoom in my solo marketing practice to work with clients remotely, which saves a ton of time for both of us — rather than meeting in person. It's a great way to demo software, explain Google Analytics results, walk through a design, etc. I also plan to use it to run webinars for promotional purposes.
  • It takes under a minute to set up a link to email to clients. That's great, especially when you're in the middle of a call and need clients to jump on the computer with you.
  • I'm not particularly fond of being on camera, so it's easy to use Zoom without it.
  • The free version is pretty robust, but at $15/mo, upgrading isn't a big issue.
  • It's a significant part of my marketing stack, and I recommend it all the time.
  • This is a rare thing to say, because I'm always evaluating low-cost marketing software, but I haven't found any problems yet. Could be because I haven't moved beyond the Web conferencing features.
As I said, it's perfect for working one-on-one with clients to demo software, go over a plan, share a screen remotely to do just about anything. That saves so much time. And you can do all that with the free version. I'm looking forward to trying it out for webinars. I've sat through a few of Zoom's webinars that explain how to set it up, and they've been very helpful.

It's worked well for me for what I need so far, so not sure where it may be less appropriate.
Haven't tried them out yet.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Andy Ryan profile photo
April 19, 2018

User Review: "Zoom - best group call software"

We use Zoom for group calls, screen sharing, presentations, webinars. international calls, training and more. Zoom works great on any platform. It's a better alternative to Skype, Facebook video calls, Google Hangouts and Apple Facetime. I can record all the calls to the cloud for future replays. I use Zoom almost daily.
  • Record sessions
  • You can record your calls on your computer or in the cloud.
  • You can have multiple people talking on a call.
  • It would be nice to have "profiles". Both my wife and I use our Zoom account. It would be great to be able to click a button and switch between our display names.
  • Chromecast support would be nice to be able to have the screen and audio casted to a TV using Chromecast.
  • Make it cheaper.
It's very well suited for group calls. I run a mastermind group of 10 guys. We meet regularly and all of us connect from all over the world. It's great that can all see each other's faces like we are in the same room. Zoom may be less appropriate for people wanting to do a webinar with the conversation only being one-sided.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
Stacy Brookman profile photo
August 10, 2018

Review: "Zoom is the best option for virtual meeting and recording"

I use Zoom almost every single day. I interview people for my Real Life Resilience podcast, for my recent Emotional Abuse Recovery and Resilience Summit, and for ad hoc meetings with people to discuss future ventures. I keep my personal meeting room link on my desktop so I can easily send it through slack, FB Messenger, email, or anywhere else I'm having a virtual conversation and want to connect more. I use it to record my podcast too. I've found it the most reliable way of recording than Skype with Pamela, Zencastr, and other recording methods. Most of my meetings and recordings are on video, so it captures video too and puts it in a nice format (no matter what your desktop looks like). I particularly like the fact that it records each person's audio separately, so if I need to edit the tracks differently, I'm easily able to do that. I choose where to save each project in my folder system, and nothing is lost, even when the other person hangs up. Another thing I love is that my guests only have to click the link to hop on. It's not complicated for them to do.
  • Simple to use - This is one of the easiest solutions to communication of all the options I've tried.
  • Capture video and audio separately - I like to edit my audio and then match it up with my video. I can do that with each speaker separately so if a noise happens on one audio, I can mute it.
  • Reliable - I have never had a dropped video recording (except if my guest has bad internet).
  • I would love it if when one speaker speaks, the other speaker volume isn't "dimmed". Sometimes we talk over each other and my guest volume goes down. Sometimes it's just a noise on my part. That makes it hard to get good audio during those times from my guest.
Zoom is well-suited for recording interviews for podcasts or vlogs. I even video myself for training here. It may be less appropriate for someone who wants very professional training videos.
I do use my own Zoom Room. It is easy to give out the link and have people easily click.
Read Stacy Brookman's full review
Bridgette Reynolds profile photo
August 01, 2018

"Zoom Review"

We use Zoom to communicate with our clients and walk them through our platform. It is being used across our department and our sister company as well. We are able to solve a LOT of problems with Zoom as we are a software company so seeing things visually is important.
  • The waiting room - great feature
  • Breakout rooms - such a great idea. I haven't used it yet, but I do have plans to
  • Webinar features
  • Being able to toggle back and forth between personal and business account (maybe you can do this, but I'm not sure how!)
  • Incorporating Zoom into our platform so our clients can use it directly there with their students they work with
It's been a wonderful tool that I've started to use at this company. I'm really happy we discovered it.
I have tested Zoom Rooms and will be using them this week for the first time. I hope it goes as good as we tested!
Read Bridgette Reynolds's full review
Julián González profile photo
April 06, 2018

User Review: "In one word, Zoom is Reliable."

Our company has four locations across Canada and we need all to share information and have working meetings.
Zoom has become the preferred video conferencing service in all our departments. Sometimes one department has two or three meetings in a single week.
Even though the organization has a conference call system, we have more productive meetings when we can see each other on the screen. People tend to focus more and it is almost impossible to do other things during the meeting while the other members of the team are looking at you.
  • The most important strength we have identified with Zoom is its reliability. In 2016 our teams were using either Zoom or another well-known video conferencing service but little by little Zoom became the preferred option. It was almost natural selection, where the most reliable service survived. The audio and video have little or no problems, no lost connections, audio echoes, robot voice, frozen video, etc.
  • Zoom has one great advantage over its close competitor and it's the ease of use. The other service became too complicated as there were a lot of compatibility problems with their business and personal versions installed in the computers. Zoom works smoothly regardless of the version that every member of the meeting is running. You can run the browser version or the desktop app without any complications.
  • The meeting ID number is very helpful to organize meetings. Sometimes this feature is overlooked, but it is crucial to have perfectly clear what meeting you are attending. It's like having your own meeting room with the door closed, instead of having a conversation in the middle of the lunchroom in an open space.
  • Screen sharing in Zoom also runs smoothly. It is very convenient that you still have the small windows with the live video of the participants, while most of your display is showing the screen that is being shared.
  • Audio detection is a nice feature that promotes focus. Whenever one member of the meeting starts talking, the main window shows his/her video so you don't have to be guessing who is talking and saves you those fractions of a second where your brain is trying to match the audio with one of the many thumbnails showing the video of the participants. In conversations or discussions, this makes a big difference.
  • The interface is not that intuitive. Even for frequent users, it is common to go through some trial and error to do what you want to do, no matter what you did exactly the same last week. For example sharing your screen, muting your audio, etc.
  • Time management is not embedded in the interface, or at least it's not obvious. When running a limited time meeting it is annoying to get cut off all of a sudden because nobody noticed that the time was running out. It would be very helpful to have a warning clock during the last minutes of the conference.
  • Creating meeting IDs in advance is possible but is not that easy. You need to know your way in the application to find the way to schedule a meeting ID. I would like to see a simple button to do it easily.
Zoom is well suited for open meetings where multiple members need to interact. It is also a very good solution when there is a need to visually see the screen of another person, many times it is impossible to explain how a certain software or an Excel file work and with video conference and screen sharing this problem is solved.
Zoom might not be the best option for confidential meetings as most of the times the audio will come out of the computer speakers. This can be addressed with the use of headsets but then the video looks weird.
Zoom might also be less appropriate when audio clarity is extremely important, like speech analysis or transcriptions. This is not Zoom's fault because the audio clarity relies on the microphone used on each computer, and most of the times the microphones are very basic and the audio quality is not the best.
For the moment we don't use Zoom Rooms in our organization.
Read Julián González's full review
Matthew Gardner profile photo
April 03, 2018

Review: "Zoom - the answer to all the other video solutions"

Zoom is used by our sales, marketing, customer success, and product teams. Obviously for sales calls, demos, and internal conferencing some solution is needed within any org, and Zoom is the best product we've tried in its category. Simple to use, very reliable, doesn't cut out or buffer, and no one has issues using the product on the receiving end of an invite. All complaints are minor usability issues and not core product problems.
  • Video calling - No buffering, automatic adjustment, and very rarely does anyone have to say "can you hear me now?"
  • Audio calling - Perfect and recorded for future review
  • Conference calls - Easy to bring in 10+ parties without any loss in quality
  • Screen sharing - Easy to use, get to choose what window or monitor to share
  • Scheduling - Easy to schedule an event and export to calendar then invite guests
  • User experience in scheduling - Every time I go to export to a Google calendar, it makes me re-auth my account then opens the wrong calendar as I'm logged into multiple Google accounts.
  • Recording editing - Could use some more robust tools for editing a recorded video/audio before export.
  • Air time recording - Does not automatically cut out muted segments with only one participant in recordings.
Very good for sales, marketing, and onboarding/training calls with screen shares where you need reliability and ease of use and to keep a recording of the session. Less suited for product demos which will be disseminated by email, it is not a hosting/editing tool.
Do not use.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
Shalindra Singh profile photo
July 18, 2018

Zoom Review: "Excellent UX and Best Priced Meeting Collaboration"

Zoom is being used by the whole organization. This is used to collaborate and for audio and video conference, share and record the content.
  • Audio and video conference are excellent
  • The mobile app is great
  • It is lightweight and you can have lots of automation like the auto dial into particular number etc.
  • You can personalize the URL which is easy to remember also.
  • Sharing the screen during the meeting is easy and works well.
  • Zoom consumes lots of power/battery while running either on laptop or mobile.
  • Zoom requires some work to be effective with televisions during a video conference.
  • Sharing of content among Zoom participants should be possible and personalized.
Zoom is good for all sizes of a company. Zoom licensing is good with volume hence if you are 500+ people company Zoom makes lots of sense.
We just start using Zoom Rooms but it is not as user-friendly as the Zoom app for audio and screen sharing. We needed IT to help to get this started. Hoping this gets easier in coming days.
Read Shalindra Singh's full review
Emily Muhoberac profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best Video Conferencing Platform on the Market"

We use the paid version of Zoom specifically for our tech department, that must do frequent video conferencing with our remote team members & freelancers. The rest of our organization uses the free version of Zoom (the only difference is that the free version only accommodates video conferencing that's < 45 minutes).

We've found Zoom to be the most reliable video conferencing platform, saving us time and frustration.
  • Reliability -- We very rarely have technical support issues with our Zoom conferences, which ensures all our meetings are as efficient as possible. This is by far the most important reason we use Zoom.
  • Scalability -- You can have up to 500 people on a call (which we will probably never have). That said, because of its scalability, we rarely have to think about whether we can or cannot use Zoom for our current meeting structure.
  • Pricing Model -- By offering a free platform, we are able to provide Zoom access to all our teams, while only upgrading to Pro for the teams that need specific feature-sets.
  • The only thing I dislike about Zoom is when joining a conference, I'm never sure whether it's going to launch the camera or not. Sometimes we use Zoom for just audio, and having your face appear on camera when you weren't anticipating isn't great (especially when you didn't dress up for the meeting)
Zoom is well-suited for companies of all sizes that have video conferencing needs -- whether they are talking with clients, or a remote workforce, Zoom can scale with them.

The only time I can imagine where Zoom would be inappropriate for a business is if 1.) They don't have video conferencing needs or 2.) Their clients use another platform.
I do not use Zoom Rooms currently.
Read Emily Muhoberac's full review
Matthew Cordova profile photo
July 14, 2018

User Review: "Be a training aficionado with ZOOM"

It was in a previous role, but it was used for trainings and demos
  • Oh wow- easy to use and navigate
  • Interface was snappy- just a polished and professional looking product
  • It was not resource intensive. In comparison - It just seemed like GoToMeeting or BlueJeans were really laggy
  • I felt like it was too pricey compared to other enterprise options
  • Recording feature leaves much to be desired
Zoom is great for demos- like sales demos, but if you are having a webinar with a lot of people, GoToWebinar would be better for that. I mean if you are going to pay that much for zoom
Not currently
Read Matthew Cordova's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
July 14, 2018

Zoom Review: "The High Quality Video Conferencing Solution"

We use Zoom across our organization as a video conferencing solution between our multiple offices and with our various business partners and vendors. Zoom enables users to share their screen, view multiple participants (sometimes), and it is integrated into our conference rooms, it is utilized on laptops and mobile devices.
  • Works on just about every device: Mobile phones, computers, and conference rooms.
  • High-quality video: the Zoom video conference equipment is class-leading, and there always seems to be a high-quality stream to every device.
  • The Chrome extension: The Zoom Chrome extension enables users to effortlessly add a Zoom meeting from within the Google Calendar.
  • It would be helpful if there was an option to view all/most meeting participants on the screen at one time, this seems to be an issue when there are more then 3 participants.
  • When someone wants to share their screen it can be overly complicated - there should be an icon available in the corner to do it in one easy step.
  • Some of our vendors have a hard time getting Zoom work using the online meeting invite links.
Zoom is great for a company that needs to collaboration with remote employees or across multiple offices. For a business that uses the Google suite of business apps, it can be very efficient since the Zoom Chrome extension makes scheduling meetings a breeze.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Alicia Gates, CPA profile photo
March 16, 2018

Zoom Review: "Feels like you're in the same room...even though you aren't."

Our staff is 100% remotely based, meaning that everyone in the organization uses Zoom. We use Zoom specifically for the video conferencing functions as well as the screen share function. Experts say that 80% of communication is non-verbal, so when having a staff meeting or meetings with our clients, it's imperative that we're getting 100% of the communication that is being given to us, both verbally and non-verbally.

In addition, when training new staff or clients, it's so helpful to be able to screen share easily back and forth, which allows whoever is being trained to "see one" then "do one", and I can watch and confirm that they understand what we reviewed. When you're miles or a whole country apart, video conferencing is a must have and Zoom does a great job!
  • Zoom makes staff meetings with our remote staff so much easier to manage. The software is intelligent and automatically switches the main video feed to the active speaker, meaning you're naturally looking at the person talking without having to do anything with your settings. In addition, it shows smaller boxes of every active user in the meeting, so you can still take in everyone's reactions to the speaker. Having that ability to have non-verbal feedback is great when you're the one presenting the information, and you can easily make adjustments to your presentation. It makes it feel like you're all in the same room even if you can't be.
  • The screen share feature for Zoom is incredible. Even for users who have never used the software before, Zoom is just user friendly, it's a one-click action, and then you're sharing! It's also easy to switch back and forth, which is great when you're training someone and you want to watch them in action to ensure they understand the material.
  • Sometimes during meetings a staff member may have questions but it's difficult to interject yourself into the conversation. One way Zoom overcomes this is with a chat window with pop-up notifications when someone makes a comment. This is particularly helpful to the presenter, so that they know there's a question that needs to be addressed.
  • One default setting that I personally dislike is when a presenter shares their screen, it automatically opens to a full screen on my computer. If I'm using 1 monitor and am taking notes in another software on my computer, this can become frustrating as I have to quickly make the selection to exit out of the full screen so that I can also see my notes. Perhaps Zoom could create an integration with another note taking software (like Evernote) so that you could have a pop-out in the Zoom meeting to take notes and then have those sync to your note taking software automatically.
Zoom is a great tool for anyone who needs to meet with staff or clients remotely. I could see it being helpful across all industries for corporate meetings (where users might be spread out across the country or world), and specifically for professional service organizations, such as lawyers, CPAs, accountants, engineers, etc. - any service where you would normally sit down with a client to go over detailed information, if those staff or clients aren't in the same room with you, then Zoom is a tool you need. Even the free version has an incredible amount of functionality, so it's almost silly to not use it.

For industries where everything is completed in person, Zoom might not be something you need. But as businesses move more and more into the digital world, I'm hard-pressed to find any industry that at least 1 person wouldn't benefit from using Zoom.
Read Alicia Gates, CPA's full review
Vince McConville profile photo
March 09, 2018

Review: "Zoom - Great Value (Free!) Great Functionality & Quality"

I came across Zoom last year through a remote contact who wanted to chat. I have used Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, Messenger Video, Zoho Meet & WhatsApp to chat with clients in the past soo adding another comms channel to my list wasn't too hard. I have continued to use it as a comms channel for a number of clients primarily on a 1-2-1 basis although I have had meetings with more than 1 other user. and I especially like that you can record the session. AS I Use Google Calendar I also like how the plugin allows me to schedule Zoom meeting from the calendar.
  • Easy Scheduling from Google Calendar
  • Easy for a participant to join a meeting
  • Ability to recording the video meeting is a plus
  • Ability to share desktop & application is nice
  • Free personal version has lots of functionality
  • Increase time limit on group meetings to c60mins - (or I could upgrade!)
  • Not as widely known as Skype etc but getting there!
  • Struggle to get a third because the free version is very good & has so much functionality
Great for Personal & Small Business Use. Save time and money by not having to travel to meetings. The easy setup & scheduling of 1-2-1s & meetings mean even the most technology illiterate participant can easily join a meeting without the need for an account. If you need to upscale you can easily pay and it isn't that expensive. Can get expensive though if you start to fork out money for the hardware for the conference room solutions that look great. The video & sound quality in the meetings I've had has been very good.
Haven't used Zoom Rooms yet. But would love to try it. Looks cool.
Read Vince McConville's full review
Nicole Nagy profile photo
March 09, 2018

"Zoom Review"

We use Zoom for almost all calls, if not all calls. I work on a remote team in our Chicago office, and the rest of my team is in Atlanta. So it's easy for me to zoom in and see all the beautiful faces on the calls with more than 20 people. However, it's also nice when I have a question for my Visual Lead and can give him control to my screen to show me something new in Illustrator, or have my friend help me with Python homework. So with that, I do use Zoom for both personal and business. It's a GREAT collaboration tool. I believe that every department uses it for meetings and collaboration as a whole. Lastly, I use this software for user testing. Since I am a UXR, it is easy for me to use zoom as a channel to test software products with our clients. Give them access to play with the page etc.
  • The ability to provide control of the mouse to people who are on the call. This is a huge help with user testing when asking clients to play with wireframes and prototypes.
  • The feature where you can soften your facial features, huge thumbs up to whoever came up with that one. Wow, that helps when working from home with no make-up.
  • The backgrounds that you can put into the zoom are so much fun to play around with when you're on calls with the team, to lighten the calls and make them more fun and light-hearted.
  • Huge strength is the fact that you can do the gallery view, I didn't realize that was an option until very recently, but seeing everyone on one screen is amazing for remote workers.
  • Whiteboarding would be a great functionality for remote teams.
  • If zoom could be similar to a beam type deal, putting us on robots for remote teams. That would be sick.
  • picture clarity can sometimes be dull if the picture quality could be better that would be wonderful!
  • Set the screen share size to the real screen size so that users don't get confused. Also, turn the video off to start out, make people change it for themselves.
User Sessions for testing UX of software.
1:1 Collaboration sessions for both Visual/Graphic/UX/UI work.
Larger meetings with 20+ people
Scrum Meetings
Team meetings
Zoom is good for any sort of meeting whether you're communicating or collaborating on a screen. I highly recommend it to anyone. I don't think there is a situation where it would be inappropriate to use. It could even work for interviews.
Yes, we use zoom rooms! We have about 4 in our location here in Chicago, and about 4 in Atlanta. These come in super handy, however, I prefer the individual faces, rather than the rooms where you can see everyone because of the clarity and video of the people. You can't always tell who is in there and whose speaking.
Read Nicole Nagy's full review

High quality audio (244)
High quality video (244)
Low bandwidth requirements (206)
Desktop sharing (240)
Whiteboards (137)
Calendar integration (205)
Meeting initiation (234)
Integrates with social media (85)
Record meetings / events (222)
Slideshows (146)
Live chat (210)
Audience polling (106)
Q&A (125)
User authentication (148)
Participant roles & permissions (175)
Confidential attendee list (114)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.