Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom ReviewWe use it for any calls with customers, prospects or internally when people are on the road. Additionally, we use it for meetings to have a video component. Lastly, we use it to record conversations for future reference so we can go back listen to anything important that we may have missed.,Record meetings Makes calls easy Simple video conference,Sometimes starting a meeting has to happen and otherwise, it doesn't, this may be a bug that needs to be fixed Recordings aren't always where I thought Video isn't always perfect quality,7,Improved ability to communicate with prospects, clients and internal Minimal resources needed to setup/maintain Easy to use,Nope,Join.me,Concur ExpenseZoom - best group call softwareWe use Zoom for group calls, screen sharing, presentations, webinars. international calls, training and more. Zoom works great on any platform. It's a better alternative to Skype, Facebook video calls, Google Hangouts and Apple Facetime. I can record all the calls to the cloud for future replays. I use Zoom almost daily.,Record sessions You can record your calls on your computer or in the cloud. You can have multiple people talking on a call.,It would be nice to have "profiles". Both my wife and I use our Zoom account. It would be great to be able to click a button and switch between our display names. Chromecast support would be nice to be able to have the screen and audio casted to a TV using Chromecast. Make it cheaper.,10,The cost of Zoom at the level that I use it is affordable. I've been able to have seamless meetings with attendendants all over the world at the same time. It's cheaper than GoTo Meeting,n/a,GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and Google Hangouts,Dropbox Business, PayPal Here, MailChimpIn one word, Zoom is Reliable.Our company has four locations across Canada and we need all to share information and have working meetings. Zoom has become the preferred video conferencing service in all our departments. Sometimes one department has two or three meetings in a single week. Even though the organization has a conference call system, we have more productive meetings when we can see each other on the screen. People tend to focus more and it is almost impossible to do other things during the meeting while the other members of the team are looking at you.,The most important strength we have identified with Zoom is its reliability. In 2016 our teams were using either Zoom or another well-known video conferencing service but little by little Zoom became the preferred option. It was almost natural selection, where the most reliable service survived. The audio and video have little or no problems, no lost connections, audio echoes, robot voice, frozen video, etc. Zoom has one great advantage over its close competitor and it's the ease of use. The other service became too complicated as there were a lot of compatibility problems with their business and personal versions installed in the computers. Zoom works smoothly regardless of the version that every member of the meeting is running. You can run the browser version or the desktop app without any complications. The meeting ID number is very helpful to organize meetings. Sometimes this feature is overlooked, but it is crucial to have perfectly clear what meeting you are attending. It's like having your own meeting room with the door closed, instead of having a conversation in the middle of the lunchroom in an open space. Screen sharing in Zoom also runs smoothly. It is very convenient that you still have the small windows with the live video of the participants, while most of your display is showing the screen that is being shared. Audio detection is a nice feature that promotes focus. Whenever one member of the meeting starts talking, the main window shows his/her video so you don't have to be guessing who is talking and saves you those fractions of a second where your brain is trying to match the audio with one of the many thumbnails showing the video of the participants. In conversations or discussions, this makes a big difference.,The interface is not that intuitive. Even for frequent users, it is common to go through some trial and error to do what you want to do, no matter what you did exactly the same last week. For example sharing your screen, muting your audio, etc. Time management is not embedded in the interface, or at least it's not obvious. When running a limited time meeting it is annoying to get cut off all of a sudden because nobody noticed that the time was running out. It would be very helpful to have a warning clock during the last minutes of the conference. Creating meeting IDs in advance is possible but is not that easy. You need to know your way in the application to find the way to schedule a meeting ID. I would like to see a simple button to do it easily.,9,Zoom has had a positive impact on our organization because the meetings are more productive. We don't waste time fixing technical problems, in the past with a different service, sometimes we had to mute the video conference and use the phone conference system for the audio. This was very distracting and time-consuming. In the near future our organization plans to stop paying the monthly fee for the phone conference service, this will result in some cost savings. Team building has been a priority in recent months in our organization. We have a lot of new people and Zoom has been a great way to put a face -and a voice- to each one of the new names in our organization chart.,For the moment we don't use Zoom Rooms in our organization.,Skype and Skype for Business,Skype for Business, NetSuite, Google DriveZoom - the answer to all the other video solutionsZoom is used by our sales, marketing, customer success, and product teams. Obviously for sales calls, demos, and internal conferencing some solution is needed within any org, and Zoom is the best product we've tried in its category. Simple to use, very reliable, doesn't cut out or buffer, and no one has issues using the product on the receiving end of an invite. All complaints are minor usability issues and not core product problems.,Video calling - No buffering, automatic adjustment, and very rarely does anyone have to say "can you hear me now?" Audio calling - Perfect and recorded for future review Conference calls - Easy to bring in 10+ parties without any loss in quality Screen sharing - Easy to use, get to choose what window or monitor to share Scheduling - Easy to schedule an event and export to calendar then invite guests,User experience in scheduling - Every time I go to export to a Google calendar, it makes me re-auth my account then opens the wrong calendar as I'm logged into multiple Google accounts. Recording editing - Could use some more robust tools for editing a recorded video/audio before export. Air time recording - Does not automatically cut out muted segments with only one participant in recordings.,10,More professional - If your conferencing software works on sales calls it just makes everything go more smoothly Time savings - Saves time in scheduling as well as executing calls. No one has to fumble to make it work, which wastes call time. With other solutions we may lose 10 minutes of a 30 minute call while people make the software work Call review - Now we have saved and named recordings of all of our calls to review when needed, hosted in the cloud.,Do not use.,GoToMeeting, Skype, Google Hangouts, UberConference and WebEx Meetings,Dropbox, HubSpot, Grasshopper, Vidyard,Recording Video and audio calls Invitations,Export to calendar Accessing recordings saved by team members,8Feels like you're in the same room...even though you aren't.Our staff is 100% remotely based, meaning that everyone in the organization uses Zoom. We use Zoom specifically for the video conferencing functions as well as the screen share function. Experts say that 80% of communication is non-verbal, so when having a staff meeting or meetings with our clients, it's imperative that we're getting 100% of the communication that is being given to us, both verbally and non-verbally. In addition, when training new staff or clients, it's so helpful to be able to screen share easily back and forth, which allows whoever is being trained to "see one" then "do one", and I can watch and confirm that they understand what we reviewed. When you're miles or a whole country apart, video conferencing is a must have and Zoom does a great job!,Zoom makes staff meetings with our remote staff so much easier to manage. The software is intelligent and automatically switches the main video feed to the active speaker, meaning you're naturally looking at the person talking without having to do anything with your settings. In addition, it shows smaller boxes of every active user in the meeting, so you can still take in everyone's reactions to the speaker. Having that ability to have non-verbal feedback is great when you're the one presenting the information, and you can easily make adjustments to your presentation. It makes it feel like you're all in the same room even if you can't be. The screen share feature for Zoom is incredible. Even for users who have never used the software before, Zoom is just user friendly, it's a one-click action, and then you're sharing! It's also easy to switch back and forth, which is great when you're training someone and you want to watch them in action to ensure they understand the material. Sometimes during meetings a staff member may have questions but it's difficult to interject yourself into the conversation. One way Zoom overcomes this is with a chat window with pop-up notifications when someone makes a comment. This is particularly helpful to the presenter, so that they know there's a question that needs to be addressed.,One default setting that I personally dislike is when a presenter shares their screen, it automatically opens to a full screen on my computer. If I'm using 1 monitor and am taking notes in another software on my computer, this can become frustrating as I have to quickly make the selection to exit out of the full screen so that I can also see my notes. Perhaps Zoom could create an integration with another note taking software (like Evernote) so that you could have a pop-out in the Zoom meeting to take notes and then have those sync to your note taking software automatically.,10,Our staff is 100% remotely based, so if it was not for Zoom, we would never be able to see our clients face-to-face. In so many ways it's helpful to be able to put a face to a name, and to see all of the non-verbal communication that our clients are giving us. Many times they need to see that we're human too, not just bots, and that greatly enhances our relationships. I would say that it allows us to know our client's personalities better, which results in us being able to serve them more completely. Training new staff in a remote environment is difficult, but Zoom's screen sharing abilities greatly helps with that! Since it's so easy to switch the screen share back and forth, I can have a 1-on-1 meeting with a staff person, show them something on my computer, and then switch it to them so that they can show me what they learned on their computer. It's great that it's real time and easy to do. The staff's retention is better, which ultimately means our bottom line is increased.,UberConference,QuickBooks Online, Google Drive
Windows, Linux, Mac

June 14, 2018

• Record meetings
  • Makes calls easy
  • Simple video conference
  • Sometimes starting a meeting has to happen and otherwise, it doesn't, this may be a bug that needs to be fixed
  • Recordings aren't always where I thought
  • Video isn't always perfect quality
It does everything I need it to in terms of scheduling and taking calls/meetings. I also think it is a great reference point for future calls based on the recordings. Zoom is a basic tool that serves fully its purpose.
Andy Ryan profile photo
April 19, 2018

User Review: "Zoom - best group call software"

• Record sessions
  • You can record your calls on your computer or in the cloud.
  • You can have multiple people talking on a call.
  • It would be nice to have "profiles". Both my wife and I use our Zoom account. It would be great to be able to click a button and switch between our display names.
  • Chromecast support would be nice to be able to have the screen and audio casted to a TV using Chromecast.
  • Make it cheaper.
It's very well suited for group calls. I run a mastermind group of 10 guys. We meet regularly and all of us connect from all over the world. It's great that can all see each other's faces like we are in the same room. Zoom may be less appropriate for people wanting to do a webinar with the conversation only being one-sided.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
Julián González profile photo
April 06, 2018

User Review: "In one word, Zoom is Reliable."

• The most important strength we have identified with Zoom is its reliability. In 2016 our teams were using either Zoom or another well-known video conferencing service but little by little Zoom became the preferred option. It was almost natural selection, where the most reliable service survived. The audio and video have little or no problems, no lost connections, audio echoes, robot voice, frozen video, etc.
  • Zoom has one great advantage over its close competitor and it's the ease of use. The other service became too complicated as there were a lot of compatibility problems with their business and personal versions installed in the computers. Zoom works smoothly regardless of the version that every member of the meeting is running. You can run the browser version or the desktop app without any complications.
  • The meeting ID number is very helpful to organize meetings. Sometimes this feature is overlooked, but it is crucial to have perfectly clear what meeting you are attending. It's like having your own meeting room with the door closed, instead of having a conversation in the middle of the lunchroom in an open space.
  • Screen sharing in Zoom also runs smoothly. It is very convenient that you still have the small windows with the live video of the participants, while most of your display is showing the screen that is being shared.
  • Audio detection is a nice feature that promotes focus. Whenever one member of the meeting starts talking, the main window shows his/her video so you don't have to be guessing who is talking and saves you those fractions of a second where your brain is trying to match the audio with one of the many thumbnails showing the video of the participants. In conversations or discussions, this makes a big difference.
  • The interface is not that intuitive. Even for frequent users, it is common to go through some trial and error to do what you want to do, no matter what you did exactly the same last week. For example sharing your screen, muting your audio, etc.
  • Time management is not embedded in the interface, or at least it's not obvious. When running a limited time meeting it is annoying to get cut off all of a sudden because nobody noticed that the time was running out. It would be very helpful to have a warning clock during the last minutes of the conference.
  • Creating meeting IDs in advance is possible but is not that easy. You need to know your way in the application to find the way to schedule a meeting ID. I would like to see a simple button to do it easily.
Zoom is well suited for open meetings where multiple members need to interact. It is also a very good solution when there is a need to visually see the screen of another person, many times it is impossible to explain how a certain software or an Excel file work and with video conference and screen sharing this problem is solved.
Zoom might not be the best option for confidential meetings as most of the times the audio will come out of the computer speakers. This can be addressed with the use of headsets but then the video looks weird.
Zoom might also be less appropriate when audio clarity is extremely important, like speech analysis or transcriptions. This is not Zoom's fault because the audio clarity relies on the microphone used on each computer, and most of the times the microphones are very basic and the audio quality is not the best.
For the moment we don't use Zoom Rooms in our organization.
Read Julián González's full review
Matthew Gardner profile photo
April 03, 2018

Review: "Zoom - the answer to all the other video solutions"

• Video calling - No buffering, automatic adjustment, and very rarely does anyone have to say "can you hear me now?"
  • Audio calling - Perfect and recorded for future review
  • Conference calls - Easy to bring in 10+ parties without any loss in quality
  • Screen sharing - Easy to use, get to choose what window or monitor to share
  • Scheduling - Easy to schedule an event and export to calendar then invite guests
  • User experience in scheduling - Every time I go to export to a Google calendar, it makes me re-auth my account then opens the wrong calendar as I'm logged into multiple Google accounts.
  • Recording editing - Could use some more robust tools for editing a recorded video/audio before export.
  • Air time recording - Does not automatically cut out muted segments with only one participant in recordings.
Very good for sales, marketing, and onboarding/training calls with screen shares where you need reliability and ease of use and to keep a recording of the session. Less suited for product demos which will be disseminated by email, it is not a hosting/editing tool.
Do not use.
Read Matthew Gardner's full review
Alicia Gates, CPA profile photo
March 16, 2018

Zoom Review: "Feels like you're in the same room...even though you aren't."

• Zoom makes staff meetings with our remote staff so much easier to manage. The software is intelligent and automatically switches the main video feed to the active speaker, meaning you're naturally looking at the person talking without having to do anything with your settings. In addition, it shows smaller boxes of every active user in the meeting, so you can still take in everyone's reactions to the speaker. Having that ability to have non-verbal feedback is great when you're the one presenting the information, and you can easily make adjustments to your presentation. It makes it feel like you're all in the same room even if you can't be.
  • The screen share feature for Zoom is incredible. Even for users who have never used the software before, Zoom is just user friendly, it's a one-click action, and then you're sharing! It's also easy to switch back and forth, which is great when you're training someone and you want to watch them in action to ensure they understand the material.
  • Sometimes during meetings a staff member may have questions but it's difficult to interject yourself into the conversation. One way Zoom overcomes this is with a chat window with pop-up notifications when someone makes a comment. This is particularly helpful to the presenter, so that they know there's a question that needs to be addressed.
  • One default setting that I personally dislike is when a presenter shares their screen, it automatically opens to a full screen on my computer. If I'm using 1 monitor and am taking notes in another software on my computer, this can become frustrating as I have to quickly make the selection to exit out of the full screen so that I can also see my notes. Perhaps Zoom could create an integration with another note taking software (like Evernote) so that you could have a pop-out in the Zoom meeting to take notes and then have those sync to your note taking software automatically.
Zoom is a great tool for anyone who needs to meet with staff or clients remotely. I could see it being helpful across all industries for corporate meetings (where users might be spread out across the country or world), and specifically for professional service organizations, such as lawyers, CPAs, accountants, engineers, etc. - any service where you would normally sit down with a client to go over detailed information, if those staff or clients aren't in the same room with you, then Zoom is a tool you need. Even the free version has an incredible amount of functionality, so it's almost silly to not use it.

For industries where everything is completed in person, Zoom might not be something you need. But as businesses move more and more into the digital world, I'm hard-pressed to find any industry that at least 1 person wouldn't benefit from using Zoom.
Read Alicia Gates, CPA's full review
Vince McConville profile photo
March 09, 2018

Review: "Zoom - Great Value (Free!) Great Functionality & Quality"

I came across Zoom last year through a remote contact who wanted to chat. I have used Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, Messenger Video, Zoho Meet & WhatsApp to chat with clients in the past soo adding another comms channel to my list wasn't too hard. I have continued to use it as a comms channel for a number of clients primarily on a 1-2-1 basis although I have had meetings with more than 1 other user. and I especially like that you can record the session. AS I Use Google Calendar I also like how the plugin allows me to schedule Zoom meeting from the calendar.
  • Easy Scheduling from Google Calendar
  • Easy for a participant to join a meeting
  • Ability to recording the video meeting is a plus
  • Ability to share desktop & application is nice
  • Free personal version has lots of functionality
  • Increase time limit on group meetings to c60mins - (or I could upgrade!)
  • Not as widely known as Skype etc but getting there!
  • Struggle to get a third because the free version is very good & has so much functionality
Great for Personal & Small Business Use. Save time and money by not having to travel to meetings. The easy setup & scheduling of 1-2-1s & meetings mean even the most technology illiterate participant can easily join a meeting without the need for an account. If you need to upscale you can easily pay and it isn't that expensive. Can get expensive though if you start to fork out money for the hardware for the conference room solutions that look great. The video & sound quality in the meetings I've had has been very good.
Haven't used Zoom Rooms yet. But would love to try it. Looks cool.
Read Vince McConville's full review
Nicole Nagy profile photo
March 09, 2018

"Zoom Review"

We use Zoom for almost all calls, if not all calls. I work on a remote team in our Chicago office, and the rest of my team is in Atlanta. So it's easy for me to zoom in and see all the beautiful faces on the calls with more than 20 people. However, it's also nice when I have a question for my Visual Lead and can give him control to my screen to show me something new in Illustrator, or have my friend help me with Python homework. So with that, I do use Zoom for both personal and business. It's a GREAT collaboration tool. I believe that every department uses it for meetings and collaboration as a whole. Lastly, I use this software for user testing. Since I am a UXR, it is easy for me to use zoom as a channel to test software products with our clients. Give them access to play with the page etc.
  • The ability to provide control of the mouse to people who are on the call. This is a huge help with user testing when asking clients to play with wireframes and prototypes.
  • The feature where you can soften your facial features, huge thumbs up to whoever came up with that one. Wow, that helps when working from home with no make-up.
  • The backgrounds that you can put into the zoom are so much fun to play around with when you're on calls with the team, to lighten the calls and make them more fun and light-hearted.
  • Huge strength is the fact that you can do the gallery view, I didn't realize that was an option until very recently, but seeing everyone on one screen is amazing for remote workers.
  • Whiteboarding would be a great functionality for remote teams.
  • If zoom could be similar to a beam type deal, putting us on robots for remote teams. That would be sick.
  • picture clarity can sometimes be dull if the picture quality could be better that would be wonderful!
  • Set the screen share size to the real screen size so that users don't get confused. Also, turn the video off to start out, make people change it for themselves.
User Sessions for testing UX of software.
1:1 Collaboration sessions for both Visual/Graphic/UX/UI work.
Larger meetings with 20+ people
Scrum Meetings
Team meetings
Zoom is good for any sort of meeting whether you're communicating or collaborating on a screen. I highly recommend it to anyone. I don't think there is a situation where it would be inappropriate to use. It could even work for interviews.
Yes, we use zoom rooms! We have about 4 in our location here in Chicago, and about 4 in Atlanta. These come in super handy, however, I prefer the individual faces, rather than the rooms where you can see everyone because of the clarity and video of the people. You can't always tell who is in there and whose speaking.
Read Nicole Nagy's full review
Jose A Garcia profile photo
May 22, 2018

Zoom Review: "Videoconferencing with Greatness"

Zoom is being used by the whole organization at this moment. The company currently has two paid accounts, one for sales other for support. Every individual including myself has a personal account tied to the paid ones (per invitation). Individual or personal account is used for short meetings with the customer. There is a 40 minutes limit for personal accounts. Sales account is used for longer meetings with customers, demo sessions or coaching. support account is used by the support team to provide services and remote support to our customers. they can connect to any virtual environment here zoom is accepted.
  • Ease of Use
  • Works great on iPhone
  • Screen Share at its best
  • Cloud and local recording of meetings
  • inApp features like chats, polls, taking control over connected participants
  • Webcam activation depending on invite settings can be annoying or invasive for some people
  • Connect via computer audio can have glitches and people needs to connect voice by phone
  • It can freeze sometimes
  • Take care on which screen you share if you have a multiple display set up
  • Can disconnect meetings for others where group-shared accounts user start another meeting not checking availability
Real great fit for companies with virtual conferencing needs, prospects meetings to show value and Look&Feel of apps, software solutions. Companies with support teams that provide support to existing customers while needing remote support. Meeting scheduling and virtual conferencing capabilities. Can not figure out where Zoom would not be suitable. Anyone can use it. Do you need to schedule a meeting across countries, companies and/or organizations? Zoom. remote support? Zoom. record on-screen meeting? Zoom and so it goes.
As expressed in previous questions. Zoom rooms have been great to organize and schedule meetings across the sales and support teams. From customer meetings, product demo, remote support, internal meetings, coaching, partner enablement we are very satisfied with the Zoom capabilities. Compared with previous solutions, the video and audio quality is impressive. We have used other conferencing solutions from partners, or webinars but the audio or video quality was poor.
Read Jose A Garcia's full review
Nicolas Costa Ossa profile photo
January 26, 2018

User Review: "Zoom has been a great company decision"

Zoom is our official video-conference application. It is used company-wide. All client-facing personnel have an account, and all department leaders (even if they don't talk directly to clients) have an account as well.

The one thing we are solving is making it easy for our clients and potential clients to join a call with us. They just have to follow a link on the calendar invites. Also, we improved a lot the quality of our calls, video calls, and screen sharing. It just works. In the years using it, I have never had a single quality or disconnection problem while using Zoom.
  • Before Zoom we tried a bunch of other online calling and video conference services. A LOT of them. The minute we started using Zoom we said "this is the one" and the reason why we like it so much is pretty simple. In fact are the only two things you are looking for to have with a video conference system: (1) stability on the calls and (2) easy to share and log in for invitees.
  • The quality of the calls is really high. In the year+ using it I have never had poor quality on calls.
  • The only thing we dislike about zoom is the User Interface. It looks really ugly. Doesn't look like a modern digital product. They could really use some help in designing a new user interface and a new look and feel. Their UX is actually fine. Is the UI the one that we don't like.
This is a no-brainer if your process depends on this type of communication, that is calls or video calls. So sales people, demo teams, marketing teams for webinars, account managers, delivery teams, project managers... etc. It's also awesome for team conferencing, in case you have people sitting in different cities/places, which is our case and it works perfectly.
We just started to use it for our on-site conference room. It is amazing. We have an iPad in a nice stand on the center of the room and there are no instructions on how to use it and everyone has been able to use it while in the room without guidance. It has been a really good experience so far.
Read Nicolas Costa Ossa's full review
Yoav B. Guttman profile photo
April 17, 2018

Review: "Zoom is a safe, cost friendly option for conference calls"

Right now, it is on a 1-to-1 basis that is used when you need a phone number and video chat to have a meeting for people who do not have a GoToMeeting license (which the company has bought). It is good, except for the constant stress of whether too many people may join a meeting and then you will not be able to use the zoom link. This has yet to happen, but is certainly a warning that you can see a lot with the free version.
  • Easy to use and integrate into meeting calendar invites
  • Good and screensharing
  • Good and easy group video conferencing.
  • It does not seem like it has as many plugins or integrations as GoToMeeting. That seems like it would be the biggest hesitation for migration, since GTM plugins into a variety of other business tools we use.
  • I do not like the complete screen takeover when someone shares a screen. It would be good to have some screen size and view options, similar to GoToMeetings UX.
Zoom is well suited for quickly generating a link and a meeting in Google Calendar for people to call in through phone or through a link. It is incredibly easy to use, especially the free version.

It could be better at communicating with the creator of the event if you have to reschedule, even offering available times for someone to reschedule a meeting. I would also like to see improved integrations with chilipiper and salesforce.
No - never heard of it.
Read Yoav B. Guttman's full review
Tolga Özgentürk profile photo
April 05, 2018

Review: "Zoom: Effective and Convenient Tool for Video Conferences and Daily Communications"

Zoom allows us to make sure that we communicate internally as well as with our customer base on daily basis. It presents a variety of connection options for those who are invited from outside to connect and join the conversation. We present our SaaS product on Zoom, which can be achieved smoothly through the Screen Share option that zoom presents.
  • High quality video calls
  • Phone and mobile support for external users
  • Screen share and recording with ease
  • It could improve its UX, menus are hard to navigate
  • It could create direct integration with CRM tools and work as an extension
  • Team conference or team visibility options would be helpful
Zoom is suitable for having a product demonstration with customers, you can easily share a link and they would have multiple access methods on many different platforms, allowing you to share the screen and also send the recording to the customers. However for daily internal communications within the company Zoom may not be the first choice.
Yes, Zoom Rooms allows us to reach a person within the company without having a different access link every time. I use a personal Zoom Room to keep up with my recurrent meetings throughout the week. It's an effective way to reach constant users and makes it easy to keep a record of important events through recording.
Read Tolga Özgentürk's full review
Glen Mehn profile photo
April 03, 2018

Zoom Review: "The best of a fairly miserable bunch"

Across the whole organisation. We had a few solutions including Skype, Google Hangouts, and some conference lines.

We do a lot of conferences globally and the ability to dial in plus have browser access is very helpful. We know we can, but haven't yet, started recording calls and other handy things like that.
  • Phone and browser access
  • Ability to record calls
  • Easy scheduling
  • Struggles in low-internet environments
  • Update of the Zoom installer can make meetings late
  • Would be good to have better gcal integration
Zoom is great for booking conferences. I haven't (yet) found a country where it doesn't have a dial-in number which is *very* handy (though if anyone can find one, it'll be me, working in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, etc). The fact that they use normal numbers as well that people can call (As opposed to 0800/0845/1800/etc numbers which are expensive for mobiles) is extra handy.
We don't use them (yet)
Read Glen Mehn's full review
Elaine Truesdale profile photo
March 23, 2018

User Review: "Zoom Newbie"

We use Zoom to host webinars and internal meetings.
  • Zoom records meetings in mp4 format.
  • Zoom allows us up to 100 participants.
  • Zoom allows early registration for webinars.
  • I would like a link to send panelist explaining how to best prepare for a webinar (ie. computer setting, background noise control, internet recommendations)
Zoom is good for online education and webinars.
We do not use Zoom Rooms.
Read Elaine Truesdale's full review
Kewyn Medina profile photo
March 22, 2018

"Zoom Review"

Zoom is used in our daily operation for all our different departments, areas and teams. It is one of our critical tools to use every day. All our global team uses it to connect and have different types of meetings. Zoom comes to complement the work from home modality which allows being fully interactive with coworkers and connected to meetings like you were interacting in person.
  • Low bandwidth requirements in comparison with similar tools in the market
  • Ease of use
  • Powerful sharing screen options
  • Split sessions option is great to make really interactive meetings with different teams
  • The chat option should have more options available
  • Real-time translation will be a very useful option
The share screen is a very powerful feature that allows a rich meeting interaction. The split session option it is a nice feature where you have the main stage where all participants are initially together but after some initial context, you need that different team goes to discuss internally some points and bring again to the main audience meeting.
Ease of use and initial installation.
Yes, I Do. I am more than satisfied with this option. It is a fantastic feature which gives a simplistic way to automate and provides a small Video Conference room.
Read Kewyn Medina's full review
Antonio Acosta profile photo
March 22, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best option for Remote Virtual Session"

As a consultant services provider, in our company we use Zoom as the first option to handle virtual session rooms for tasks that involve remote interactions with our customer or prospect, related to training, support, sales, demos and coaching activities. Most of the meetings with our customers are managed through this software rather than by phone calls.
  • Integration with Google Calendar to schedule meetings.
  • Very light application for remote session that can be used even with low rate internet connections
  • Audio features that enable the user to connect through the PC or Laptop and through phone call
  • Chat and sharing options
  • Can record the session locally or in the cloud.
  • Dismiss the Control Panel when you are sharing your screen
  • Could be nice if over the screen that we are sharing have available control for pointer and market to enforce sections of the material shared
  • Some user refers problem to enable the audio plugins and need to use the phone call option
Well suited to cover remote activities like meetings, demo of proof, coaching, technical support, training. May be less appropriate to just establish sessions that could be managed by a phone call, but using this option you can reduce cost of these activities.
as described in previous question we use zoom rooms for many activities with a high level of satisfaction. Indeed it is one of the best options in the market.
Read Antonio Acosta's full review
Tim Colling profile photo
January 25, 2018

Zoom Review: "Very Powerful and Affordable Video Conferencing Toolset"

Before Zoom, we conducted our recurring client meetings with phone calls and used another (expensive) product called Join.me for screen sharing. Now we instead use Zoom for both the "meeting" part with audio and video participation by the attendees as well as for the screen sharing part of the meetings. Zoom's integration of the interpersonal part of meetings as well as the screen sharing part make it much more effective for us for such meetings. There is something more powerful in video meetings, a very human effect that helps to solidify and maintain the personal relationships that we have with our clients.
  • With Zoom we can both SEE and hear the other person(s) with whom we're communicating.
  • The screen sharing tools in Zoom make it much easier for everyone to share their screens, compared to Join.me which makes is mostly easy for the presenter to share their screen.
  • I participate in a growing number of online video "hangouts" in which many participants share ideas and help, and the tools in zoom such as screen sharing and chat tools make it easier and more effective for the participants in those group meetings.
  • Zoom's onscreen controls that appear during screen shares frequently end up being in the way. While it's not hard to move them manually with the mouse, it would be nice for there to be an option where those controls might automatically move out of the way when the mouse is moved such that it's hovering over them.
Well suited: just about any meeting where the participants cannot be physically present together in one place and where there is high-speed internet access available.

Not well suited: none, except in cases where high-speed internet access is not available for video and screen sharing. Even then, though, you can conduct audio conference calls between two or more people calling in to Zoom.
So far, we have not used them to initiate meetings. We have been invited to conversations which I speculated were probably being conducted in Zoom Rooms, though. In those situations, for us as participants, we were very satisfied.
Read Tim Colling's full review
Ron Rothstain profile photo
January 23, 2018

"Zoom review"

We use it for scheduling conferences with prospective students who do not live locally and are interested in our program. I know our department uses it, as well as, a couple other business departments. I am not sure of its implementation across campus. We love the ability to have multiple people be on the same video conference,
  • Easy to use and set up
  • Great video and audio quality
  • Can share screens with multiple users
  • Occasionally has technical issues.
  • Sometimes we have bandwidth usage issues
Great for having conferences or meetings with multiple users. Perhaps, less ideal for one-on-one meetings.
Read Ron Rothstain's full review
John Predmore profile photo
January 22, 2018

Review: "Zoom - probably the best collaboration software you're not using"

We use Zoom for collaboration and conferencing with several partners. I've found it to be an excellent solution in this very crowded space. One of my favorite things about Zoom is that I feel it has all of the features I want and need without a bunch of extra junk i will never use.
  • One of the things I think Zoom does very well is the VOIP feature. I have several different audio peripherals on my PC and many solutions I've used seem to struggle when selecting/switching between them. So when I discover a solution that works well it makes an impression.
  • I find Zoom's feature set to be spot on. It has everything I need in a simple user interface. But it leaves out things that I'd likely never ruse and clutter up the UI.
  • I normally can come up with at least one area for improvement with anything, but to be honest - I just can't here. It's a solid solution.
I feel that Zoom is an excellent solution for SMB, and small enterprise. It could even be great for medium and large enterprise, but I feel there are some features WebEx brings to the table that make sense at that scale.
Read John Predmore's full review
Bryan Gorham profile photo
January 17, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is great, when it's working"

We used WebEx before switching to Zoom. I was not a part of the buying or decision making process, but I do use Zoom often as I work in our East Coast office as opposed to our CA HQ. It makes it easy to have meetings with other colleagues and prospects.
  • Very convenient
  • High quality video
  • Easy to schedule and set up meetings on their platform
  • The Zoom Rooms are extremely error prone.
  • We very commonly have technical difficulties.
  • Not sure how to even contact support.
  • People who aren't sitting close to the microphone are difficult to hear on the other end.
Zoom is well-suited for companies that have a lot of remote employees or different office locations. It's just really tough when a meeting has to get pushed because you are having technical difficulties. It's also not great for sharing screens when you want to "extend" your screen, it only allows you to duplicate.
The Zoom Rooms are great for going in and sharing screens in a meeting or having a meeting with full teams in different locations. However, it is very common that the audio will simply not work and we have to manually dial in. This also hurts the audio quality when you manually dial.
Read Bryan Gorham's full review
Dain Bigler profile photo
January 05, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is better than all the rest"

Zoom is being used across our organization, especially in the sales organization. We were using another conferencing company, GoToMeeting (GTM), and having issues with connections on a frequent basis. Zoom has had a better connection since we have been using it which allows our team to utilize the video feature, which we could not before with GTM.
  • The video feature is great and easy to use.
  • Their connection process is much easier.
  • The fluidity of their platform is easy to use and aesthetics are nice.
  • When other notifications on your computer pop-up during the call it can mess up with Bluetooth headsets.
  • If you are logged into your own Zoom account and try to open another one sometimes it won't connect correctly.
Zoom is well suited when you are using it for sales calls. One reason is that you are able to show the prospect your face which "humanizes" yourself well over the phone. Another reason is sharing your screen is very easy to do and Zoom makes it easy for other people to share their screens also.
I have not used them yet.
Read Dain Bigler's full review
Greg Larsen profile photo
January 03, 2018

Zoom Review: "Best screen share software for fast-paced SaaS companies"

At Lingotek, we use Zoom across our entire company to provide the most user-friendly experience for both our employees as well as the people that they are connecting with. We are a worldwide company with many of our employees working remotely. Zoom allows us to stay connected as an organization as well as connect with our clients across the world with little to no interruption of business.
  • Easy to share your screen or pass screen share controls to others without large downloads needed.
  • The admin dashboard is vital to our success. It allows our admins to diagnose any connection issues live and troubleshoot the cause in real time.
  • Customizable settings. All of our employees use Zoom for different purposes. The Customizable Settings allow employees to turn off video, mute participants upon joining, store recordings in the cloud, have virtual backgrounds for calls, and more. Each employee can choose their own meeting experience based on their needs and their client's needs.
  • Fortunately, I have not found anything that has been hard to use or missing for my experience with Zoom
Zoom is well suited for most screen share and conferencing needs. We have found it easy to onboard, easy to use and easy to manage across multiple departments. It integrates with both Outlook and Gmail so that you can work with Zoom seamlessly. We use it across our Sales, Marketing, Technical Sales, Services, Engineering and Executive teams.
Read Greg Larsen's full review
Swagata Bhattacharyya profile photo
January 02, 2018

Zoom Review: "See, share, record"

We have a globally distributed team and use Zoom for both our internal calls as well as client calls. The screen sharing feature is really useful and we also record the calls for future reference. It's good to see the team members of other locations on video calls as well. Next, we are planning to use the Zoom API in one of our projects for text messaging through a website.
  • Call recordings - we record all our scrum calls and especially the calls where we have to discuss new requirements. That way we don't have to worry about something that may get missed out while taking notes.
  • Screen sharing - when we have calls with clients and they are reporting some issue or requirement in the system, they show us the problem via screen sharing. That way there's no gap in our understanding and we can avoid wasting time going back and forth due to miscommunication.
  • No connection issues - we haven't had any instances of connection dropping during the calls which is great. Our calls are typically 5-8 members but we have tried Zoom with ~25 participants without any issues.
  • If you pause a call recording for a certain amount of time, it would be great if there's a notification somewhere that it is paused. A few times when I was hosting a call, I paused it while waiting for all participants to join but then forgot to resume recording.
  • When a message is received on chat, it sometimes gets missed. A more prominent notification (blinking/popup etc.) may be helpful.
Zoom is well suited for meetings between participants in different locations. I sometimes use it just for screen recordings with audio to share it later as well (i.e. start a meeting where I am the only participant).
Read Swagata Bhattacharyya's full review
Nick Walters profile photo
April 17, 2018

User Review: "Zoom works!"

Our clients are across the globe so an easy connection to communicate is important. I make instructional videos that are easy to record through Zoom.
  • One strength is there is no requirement to have an account like on Skype. They can click and go.
  • Some of our clients like that they don't have to use their camera on their computer.
  • Easily finding the mute/un-mute buttons are a big help. When we have a training with several people on at once, saying "look on the bottom left and mute because you have too much background noise" is easy.
  • I really have no issues I can think of that would improve it.
This is a great platform for people to learn how to make the screen work for them. I also like the control the presenter is given.
No I am unaware of this feature.
Read Nick Walters's full review
Andrea Hill profile photo
December 20, 2017

Zoom Review: "Stop dreading video conferencing"

We use Zoom all the time. We use it for client meetings, and we also use it when we conduct customer interviews on behalf of our clients (one of our main services). Zoom is great because it lets us feel like we're meeting face-to-face. I recently met with a client in person after ~20 hours of Zoom meetings and it felt like we already knew each other!

Zoom is great because I can have a dedicated meeting ID to share with people. It's very easy to launch the meetings off desktop or mobile, and it offers to record. Honestly, I use the recording to make my own online videos. No one else is on the "conference", but the recording works just great!
  • Dedicated meeting ID to share with attendees
  • High quality video
  • Phone number for dial-in
  • Recording
  • Zoom tries to be too smart with "mobile usage". I was sitting in my car, parked, and it kept trying to mute me (to block out ambient noise). Very distracting!
  • Ideally, others should be able to start recordings.
Zoom is great for remote teams. Its video is great, but it's also good for screen sharing. I honestly cringe when someone sends over an Uberconference link. Zoom is so much better - AND has a decent 'free' version. I don't know why someone would pick a different solution!
Read Andrea Hill's full review
Luis Rodriguez profile photo
April 05, 2018

Zoom Review: "A champion well worth the wait!"

The entire staff in my department has been properly and effectively instructed in how to utilize Zoom to its fullest capacity. Zoom is a diversified site in which 2 or more staff members can communicate and at the same time produce positive results therefore successfully achieving their ultimate goal. My department has never used such a method in one site. They can and do now with Zoom.
  • Bring everyone together at the same time
  • provide privacy when needed
  • allow the host control and designation over the meeting
  • provide effective results at a low cost
  • I don't like the fact that a host can intervene or read the private messages between 2 attendees.
Zoom offers ample room to congregate a large mass or simply a one on one meeting if that's all it takes. They accommodate!
I use Zoom several times a week and always feel like there's so much for me to learn.
Read Luis Rodriguez's full review

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.