Reviews (51-75 of 567)
- I am really happy with the Zoom web extension for Google Calendar.
- I find Zoom very stable compared to other video conferencing systems I have used. I have been an "IT person" for several years and I would say that's it's the best video conferencing solution I've come across.
- I find that setting up a Zoom Room is a very easy thing to do from a hardware perspective.
- I like the ability to update Zoom software from the Zoom admin console.
- I would like Zoom API support to be more helpful than it currently is.
- Zoom usage and support in China could be better.
On a personal level, I used Zoom to announce the gender of my child. I had family all across the world using different platforms and also, these people were not very technical. We were able to install and use Zoom and our family watched the announcement.
Now the only thing that I check with the Zoom Rooms is if the iPad Zoom Controller/Calendar and the Zoom software on the Mac minis is up-to-date.
- The overall user experience is simple and intuitive.
- Audio and video quality never fails.
- There are a number of features that help the user stay engaged.
- It just works...
- Setting up conference rooms independent of the user. For example, we set up classrooms and then assign instructors to them.
- Provide a staging environment where we can test our integration before pushing the changes to production.
- Well suited for meetings and classes.
- Less appropriate for foreign language calls due to lower quality audio (pots grade) in some areas.
- Reliable video and audio.
- Easy to use - "it just works".
- Zoom provides a great partnership, ensuring your solution works well.
- A simple optional walk-through when you begin a meeting where new features can be introduced. This would ensure users understand all of the new features.
- Additional chat management features to ensure large or small sessions have an interactive chat experience without distracting the meeting facilitator.
- The DTEN is an outstanding use case of Zoom video in small to medium environments.
- It just works! Easy to set up and use with nice and easy mobility.
- Makes remote working easy, increases productivity and collaboration between teams.
- Need all the features to work in a Fed Ramp certified environment.
- Improve on the delivery time of the DTEN 75.
- Helpdesk support for administrators.
- Ease of use.
- Webinars and educational opportunities.
- Remote control through screen sharing.
- Timed recordings would be a great tool. Sometimes I need to initiate a Zoom meeting early in the day. I wish I could set up a 'Start Record' time.
- Meetings start quickly - efficiency is huge when multiple users are (potentially) wasting time.
- Screen sharing - the soft codec makes screen sharing quick and easy.
- Green screen - video-friendly background options integrate well. I'm seeing a lot more of this.
- Integration with predominant control system platforms- AMX, Crestron, Extron.
- Retroactive integration with existing room systems.
- Analytics software prevalence or integration - RMS, Fusion, Global Viewer, Utelogy, etc.
- Simple click and join. Regardless of the technical acumen of a person, they can use Zoom.
- Clarity of audio and video without drops. Using other products I find myself getting kicked out of the service. Not with zoom!
- Virtual backgrounds are great! The help bridge a quick connection with end-users.
- I have end users dial into a Zoom meeting, and I cannot see them be added to breakout rooms. Makes for a poor end-user experience.
- If you sign in twice as the host to the same meeting, you cannot launch polls. This is very frustrating.
- Easy to use - We can get someone into a meeting from anywhere in less than 5 minutes.
- It just works - We have staff who use a wide range of platforms and Zoom works with them all.
- There is not a better distance collaboration tool on the market. We can work together from miles away and feel like we are in the same room.
- Better integration into a learning management system.
- Coordinating our schedules is very easy to do with Zoom.
- Video conferencing with multiple users is extremely easy to use and view.
- Sharing screens and documents is super useful.
- Helping people use it for the first time is a bit time consuming.
- Sometimes the emails for scheduled Zoom calls do not come in or the conference number doesn't work.
- Having a side chat session that is easy to use would be helpful.
- Very user-friendly. We have a lot of people that aren't tech savvy, so having a product that is easy to use is great.
- The layout is great. Very straight forward and to the point.
- We use iPads and employees love the new tech.
- We like it more than BlueJeans!
- The remote login support is icing on the cake!
- I am still new to it and haven't come across an issue that is worth mentioning.
- Amazing connectivity never dropped out of any calls so far
- Very robust and flawless tool
- Great video conferencing tool and highly appreciated by all our organisation and recommended to lot of our clients
- The screen should be able to display the check-in details which is missing as of now and shows only on controller or scheduler
- The Zoom Rooms could have more MDM option to operate and use a single way to update all the zoom rooms devices to same version of Zoom
- More improvement on alerts and Zoom Room status displayed and able to control through the Zoom Room status dashboard to rectify the issues or set the status as solved
- Ease of use in setting up calls.
- The ability to call in or be on screen.
- The ability to record and share for those not present on the call.
- Benefits of video and face to face communication and body language vs. email.
- It's easy to find tips and tricks for best practices.
It's less appropriate for quick decisions that could be facilitated by email.
- Zoom makes it easy to connect through the calendar by adding the make it a Zoom meeting option and it sends the participants the link to connect with.
- Whether on a laptop camera or a full DTen setup it is very clear and seldom has problems with the connection.
- in our Zoom Rooms, you can set up a meeting on the fly and use the code for the room to allow others to connect.
- Setting up accounts is simple and easy.
- Invitees don't need a full account to join a Zoom meeting.
- We have had issues that users are experiencing laptops rebooting after launching a Zoom meeting with a camera.
- Provides opportunity for seamless contribution from more than 50 people in a meeting.
- Provides options for video or audio or a combination of both.
- Provides options for multiple presenters and sharing screens from different presenters during the same presentation.
- Using the multiple windows in Zoom is not as intuitive as I would like them to be. For example, I can never find the Chat button or how to mute the computer vs. the Zoom audio to eliminate feedback. I click around but it could be easier to find the tools for the presenters vs. tools for the participants.
- Exporting the chat conversation would be a great tool because many times there is valuable information provided in the chat if I could save it. I may be able to but may not know how to save it.
- Sometimes the presenter has trouble sending a Zoom link that functions properly. This may be operator-error but this process should be easy and clean for the user.
- group meetings of more than 2 people
- collaborating on group project
- providing visual contact for teachers/students/colleagues who otherwise would not have it due to online instruction or job function
We use Zoom for conferencing and presentations internally, with remote employees, and with customers and vendors.
It is suggested as our primary product and we recently underwent company wide training.
However, we will default to other similar platforms if our client or vendor has a different preference or default.
- Conference calls - seamless and great quality if originating internally and domestically.
- Sharing screens for presentations.
- Ability to communicate with remote staff.
- We have found it to be a bit wonky with international calls.
- Maybe a connectivity issue on the remote client side on occasion.
Remote staff and vendors, domestic calls, presentations.
Less ideal internationally, we've had some connectivity issues.
- Computer to cell-phone and vice-a-versa calls
- Low bandwidth consumption
- Ability to store recordings on the cloud
- Android App UI is confusing.
- It opens multiple windows and there are several unwanted options.
- Google Calendar integration is from Zoom to Google, which is tricky as contact sync with Zoom is not that good.
- It is user-friendly; easy to use.
- It's intuitive; easy to navigate.
- Using Zoom increases productivity; saves time.
- I can't say that there is anything that is hard to use. The only issue I've run into is having the connection drop and having to get reconnected. I don't know if that happens as a result of an issue with Zoom or whether the issue is our internet connection.
- It's reliable and provides good quality audio and video conferencing. We've had issues with other web conferencing solutions, but not with Zoom.
- It's easy to use. Creating a meeting, joining a meeting, and using the tool are all intuitive and don't require training.
- I don't have any complaints with it so far and can't think of anything I would like to change.
- One on One conferencing is quick and easy.
- Even free options offer robust tools and options.
- Screen share and user controls make collaboration simple.
- Connecting peripherals is a little cumbersome.
- The interface isn't beautiful. Minor quibble though, everything is functional.
- I really like the mobile capabilities for Zoom; it's nice to be able to choose whether to attend a meeting using my laptop or my mobile phone.
- When I'm using the mobile app to connect, I like that Zoom calls me - so I don't have to try and dial a number when I'm driving.
- I love the "1 click" integration with iPhone (i.e. I just click the long dial-in number and code link and automatically get connected to Zoom.
- The interface on my laptop isn't as user-friendly as it could be. Zoom always splits into 2 separate windows. It would be nice if all the functionality were contained in 1 window.
- Web conference.
- Video call meetings.
- Group chat between peers.
- Connection stabilization when doing video calls.
- It needs a message inbox, as that does not exist.
- It has a very dim interface. It needs more colors.
Zoom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.
In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:
Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.
|On-premise Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Virtual H.323/SIP Room Connector||49/month|
|SaaS Edition||Pricing Details||Terms|
|Zoom Room Conference Room||49/month|
Zoom Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zoom Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia|