Reviews (26-50 of 71)
- Strong integration with Salesforce - can create multiple records within or across multiple objects
- Quick to build forms
- CSS allow small changes to formatting
- Support are always speedy in their responses
- Sometimes updates to fields don’t happen and you have to refresh the page and try again
- Changing field types has unexpected consequences
- With the Salesforce integration it is not possible to create a record and attach a file in one form submission.
- Formstack has a very robust form-builder that allows multiple field types, conditional logic, and calculations.
- Formstack has a huge number of supported integrations to get your data where it needs to be.
- Formstack's database of submissions allows for a lot of detailed reporting to be done on collected data.
- It can be a little tricky to modify a form's appearance with Themes. This has gotten better with some recent updates, but there are still some issues on the appearance of forms that aren't perfect.
- It's not always clear what users will see after they submit a form.
- It would be great if Formstack supported an on page confirmation instead of redirecting to another page once forms are submitted.
- Easy drag and drop form-builder
- Share links that allow anyone without a login to view the data in real-time
- Customizable notification and confirmation emails
- More visual reporting in the submissions
- Would like an easy way to batch send pre-filled forms (name, email, etc.)
- Secure method to collect credit card information
- Collect client data
- Connect with Salesforce
- Easy to manipulate and change
- Integrate with other systems directly
- Sometimes international clients have issues with the address fields
- Availability in other languages would be helpful
- The triggers in Formstack to hide / unhide fields based on other answers is extremely helpful. It keeps the form on target and doesn't clutter up the question list with useless fields.
- The forms are extremely easy to set up and deploy.
- We don't have to worry about supporting the backend or writing the scripts for the work flow.
- The only issue I had with when starting with formstack was the workflow/approval. This has since been corrected.
- It would be nice to have the data file that is created from the form submission to be formatted in a certain way so it can flow into an automated system.
- Options for data file delivery would be nice too, FTP, SFTP or email.
- Conditional Logic: we haven't found another service that does this quite as well as Formstack.
- Simplicity/User-Friendly: Incredibly easy to build even the most robust of forms.
- Integrations: Integrates with tons of other services/platforms that keeps our ecosystem running smoothly.
- Sometimes the form builder is slightly clunky or buggy.
- Complicated conditional-logic gets hard to follow/troubleshoot.
- Seems like there is unnecessary feature or design switches that come out of nowhere.
- Formstack has excellent customer service, so we get support immediately. If something does go wrong, or we have questions, there is an available and responsive support team
- Formstack builder allows for easy modifications and updates. If our form needs to change, it doesn't have to be completely rewritten, but can be modified within the old template. Minimal efforts needed on our end.
- Formstack allows you to include attachments or hyperlinks within the applications. This minimizes emails or other software to add on top of the form.
- Formstack needs an easier way of merging two headers in one at the top of a form. That part is a little complex and not done in one click.
- Formstack needs to have an option where a field is required if the answer is "no" or "yes." I don't think that option is there now based on your response type.
- The pre-confirmation page of the form always looks like the final confirmation page to our clients, so they never end up submitting the actual form successfully. There is a need to scroll to the bottom right and then press submit again. Most clients miss this step.
- Ease of use
- Configuration of emails, etc
- Customization of forms to brand it to your organization
- Reporting and report filters
- URL issues with underscores, etc
- Converting form submission to PDF/attachment
- System goes down occasionally and at times no submissions come through
Formstack is great if your organization collects data to use for certain processes/actions to take place. It's very easy to set up or build forms in order to collect all of the data you need. Logic rules are very easy to set up, and notification/confirmation emails are simple to set up and able to customize. This will send an email with each form that is submitted with all of the information to as many email addresses as you desire. This has been very useful when communicating a lot of information between our clients and our team members here internally.
If you are attempting to set something up to look fancy or very formal, it may not be best to use Formstack. Logos are included on emails and it can be difficult to make an email for webpage look fancy or extremely professional when setting these up.
- Salesforce Integration - it is solid but can become overly complex
- Approvals - we have many forms that are "applications" and the approvals feature has been ultra helpful
- Partial Submissions - this is a great tool for our team to follow up on people who don't finish our large applications
- Reporting - need to have the ability to report across my entire account (ie. export all leads)
- Formstack allows for basic customization of templates
- Formstack is pretty intuitive and easy to use
- Formstack allows for assessment of information
- Easy to duplicate forms for annual, regular use
- Simple to use, but looks just as simple to the end user
- Scheduled training, especially after any updates are made, would be a nice added feature
- Price is a bit high, especially if you are considering add-ons
- We manage several smaller associations who have recurring events. Combining this with Stripe allows us to embed a professional looking form onto an existing website without having to pay for a third party event registration platform.
- Reusable templates, ability to copy forms, fields and sections allow us to deploy recurring forms quickly and accurately.
- 3rd party integrations solves many of our problems such as payment gateway (Stripe), coupons and reviews. We use reviews for membership applications which we really find very useful.
- The logic feature is great but it would be an improvement to allow logic on a per item level with radio buttons, select boxes and check marks.
- Working with themes can be cumbersome. I also don't think limiting themes is a good idea. It's an essential part of ones toolbox when designing a form. I get frustrated when I'm forced to delete one in order to create a new one.
- The mobile view is great for end users.
- 508 compliant, i.e. accesssible for all users.
- Easy to use, yet still has loads of features and flexibility.
- Great customer server. Any issue we have is resolved quickly.
- Confirmation email formatting is a little glitchy.
- Can't turn off notification emails for form approvers.
- Can't set up an approval process where either of two people can approve.
- Customization of how forms work - so many times in the past a client has asked for something in a form that was not an easy deliverable for us. Now it's much easier.
- Design options are really nice. It's a seamless transition in a branded website with these forms.
- Easy for clients to navigate if changes need to be made. Fewer errors.
- It would be great to offer a bit more flexibility with the branding/design options.
- Wish it was free :) - but seriously, the value is good.
- Simplicity - it's very easy to create new forms or edit them when you have them ready.
- Integration options - there is a wide range of integrations available. With the webhook option you can do anything you wish.
- Peace of mind. Creating complex forms with field logic and validation has always been quite difficult or at least it has been taking a lot of effort. Formstack solves it for us.
- When you add a matrix field, that is a really nice way to present some questions, it's impossible to change the questions later on without loosing your data because the data is assigned to the labels and not to ids.
- With the webhooks you can't get the Description fields. For example, we send data to a webhook and in the webhook we create a PDF file. It would be perfect to have the headers and description available in the data sent to webhook in order to better build the PDF.
- Client onboarding
- Automating data entry for third parties. You create a form and a webhook. The form fields ensure you get the data you need and with the webhook you can perform all sorts of tasks with the data.
The approving and other workflow logic are useful in streamlining other business processes.
I have presented our model of the admission process to companies selling Admission software or plugins with the request to provide a simple and easier model they could now. Since our administration body is very small simplicity and ease of use for our students and administration is key.
- Integrated with PayPal.
- Produces databases in a variety of formats.
- Allows users to save information and return later to complete the form.
- Allows users to upload information.
- Is fairly intuitive.
- Allows for the easy customization of forms using in-house graphics.
- It is not always easy to find assistance.
- When changes are made to functionality, the question needs to be asked, "is this really an improvement?"
- The huge price increase is not appreciated.
- Easy to use via links
- Multiple format types and question types
- Easy to pull data and submissions
- Love the approval function but the cost is outrageous. We only need approvals for 2 forms and the cost of over $100 a month is crazy when you only need the feature for a few forms.
- Formstack is [easy] to use. For example, building forms is a breeze.
- I love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce and regular .PHP sites to give us quality, high converting lead pages.
- Dashboard stats are a bit rudimentary but do a nice job giving a birds-eye view of lead capture progress.
- Different types of form formats are available which is great.
- Form stylizing on your website, without deep knowledge of CSS, can be a bit tricky.
- Dashboard is a bit unimpressive; needs UX/UI improvements.
- Integration APIs are a bit limited and its web hook function (if employed) can be a bit intimidating to set up the first time.
Marketing Forms: Website data collection and connected to SalesForce
Client Services: Executional recruitment forms for blogger programs
It's used across the organization. It collects data and stores and organizes it for us. Super helpful.
- Connects with third party platforms to help ensure your data is collected efficiently and stored in the right places.
- I like that it is a secure platform for both personal information and credit card.
- Love the workflows and approval systems within the platform.
- Workflow could allow for more routing and approval options. If two people need to approve before it goes to 3rd person for final approval.
- More forms - we have the gold plan for $99 a month and have 100 forms. The next jump in price and forms is more than we need/can afford. So I am constantly deleting forms and cleaning out formstack.
Less appropriate - surveys (we use a different survey tool)
Formstack Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Formstack is a cloud-based online form building solution designed to help organizations build powerful web forms without any coding knowledge.
The form builder serves over 500,000 people in 112 countries. Users can embed mobile-friendly forms on their websites and social media profiles to capture leads, gather feedback from customers and employees, collect online payments, and much more.
The platform integrates with over 50 web applications, including apps for CRM management, email marketing, payment processing, and document management.
Formstack offers a specialized Workflows product that helps users turn time-consuming processes into seamless digital workflows. Users can track their workflows across departments, and use special analytics tools to identify system and communication bottlenecks.
Other product offerings include conversion rate optimization tools for marketers and HIPAA compliance for healthcare and HR users.
|Silver||$39||All Base Features + 5 Users|
|Gold||$99/mo||All Base Features + Facebook Tab Embed + Salesforce & HubSpot Integrations + 100 Forms + 10,000 Submissions + 10 Users|
|Platinum||$249/mo||All Base Features + Facebook Tab Embed + Salesforce & HubSpot Integrations + Priority Support + 1,000 Forms + 100,000 Submissions + 25 Users|
|Bronze||$19/mo||All base features + 1 User|
We also offer a variety of Add-on features: Workflows, Conversion Kit, Portals, Approvals
Formstack Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Formstack Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Albanian, Arabic, Chinese, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Norwegian (Bokmål), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, Portuguese, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese|