Reviews (26-50 of 72)
- The conditional logic built into Formstack helps me craft forms and registrations with multiple options. It's pretty easy to pick up on how to use.
- Mobile friendly forms that can be used directly in our app is a big plus.
- The submission stats and charts have been invaluable to me in planning and keeping those in leadership informed.
- I'd like to see Formstack be able to send each registrant a custom QR code for quick check in.
- It enables our students to do most of their admission process electronically.
- It enables future athletes to apply by filling out the appropriate form stack forms and allows us to make an immediate evaluation.
- It allows my department to keep track of student information electronically.
- It gives flexibility to be able to create whatever electronic forms are needed.
- The creation process could be made so that anyone could do it.
- The use of electronic signatures and the writing of notes.
- Compatibility with old browsers.
- Fairly easy to build forms, even for users who haven't been explicitly trained.
- Versatility in form building styles, which allows us to use it for many different purposes.
- Integrations with other software platforms, like Hubspot.
- Managing form designs in Formstack is very difficult, and we've had numerous problems with design/styling.
- Certain features are missing from the form builder, like "same as above" functionality.
- The form storage backend is difficult to navigate, and it is difficult to find forms in any way but searching for them.
- Sometimes features in the form builder require reverting to the old form builder to implement.
- Strong integration with Salesforce - can create multiple records within or across multiple objects
- Quick to build forms
- CSS allow small changes to formatting
- Support are always speedy in their responses
- Sometimes updates to fields don’t happen and you have to refresh the page and try again
- Changing field types has unexpected consequences
- With the Salesforce integration it is not possible to create a record and attach a file in one form submission.
- Formstack has a very robust form-builder that allows multiple field types, conditional logic, and calculations.
- Formstack has a huge number of supported integrations to get your data where it needs to be.
- Formstack's database of submissions allows for a lot of detailed reporting to be done on collected data.
- It can be a little tricky to modify a form's appearance with Themes. This has gotten better with some recent updates, but there are still some issues on the appearance of forms that aren't perfect.
- It's not always clear what users will see after they submit a form.
- It would be great if Formstack supported an on page confirmation instead of redirecting to another page once forms are submitted.
- Easy drag and drop form-builder
- Share links that allow anyone without a login to view the data in real-time
- Customizable notification and confirmation emails
- More visual reporting in the submissions
- Would like an easy way to batch send pre-filled forms (name, email, etc.)
- Customization of how forms work - so many times in the past a client has asked for something in a form that was not an easy deliverable for us. Now it's much easier.
- Design options are really nice. It's a seamless transition in a branded website with these forms.
- Easy for clients to navigate if changes need to be made. Fewer errors.
- It would be great to offer a bit more flexibility with the branding/design options.
- Wish it was free :) - but seriously, the value is good.
- Simplicity - it's very easy to create new forms or edit them when you have them ready.
- Integration options - there is a wide range of integrations available. With the webhook option you can do anything you wish.
- Peace of mind. Creating complex forms with field logic and validation has always been quite difficult or at least it has been taking a lot of effort. Formstack solves it for us.
- When you add a matrix field, that is a really nice way to present some questions, it's impossible to change the questions later on without loosing your data because the data is assigned to the labels and not to ids.
- With the webhooks you can't get the Description fields. For example, we send data to a webhook and in the webhook we create a PDF file. It would be perfect to have the headers and description available in the data sent to webhook in order to better build the PDF.
- Client onboarding
- Automating data entry for third parties. You create a form and a webhook. The form fields ensure you get the data you need and with the webhook you can perform all sorts of tasks with the data.
The approving and other workflow logic are useful in streamlining other business processes.
I have presented our model of the admission process to companies selling Admission software or plugins with the request to provide a simple and easier model they could now. Since our administration body is very small simplicity and ease of use for our students and administration is key.
- Integrated with PayPal.
- Produces databases in a variety of formats.
- Allows users to save information and return later to complete the form.
- Allows users to upload information.
- Is fairly intuitive.
- Allows for the easy customization of forms using in-house graphics.
- It is not always easy to find assistance.
- When changes are made to functionality, the question needs to be asked, "is this really an improvement?"
- The huge price increase is not appreciated.
- Easy to use via links
- Multiple format types and question types
- Easy to pull data and submissions
- Love the approval function but the cost is outrageous. We only need approvals for 2 forms and the cost of over $100 a month is crazy when you only need the feature for a few forms.
- Formstack is [easy] to use. For example, building forms is a breeze.
- I love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce and regular .PHP sites to give us quality, high converting lead pages.
- Dashboard stats are a bit rudimentary but do a nice job giving a birds-eye view of lead capture progress.
- Different types of form formats are available which is great.
- Form stylizing on your website, without deep knowledge of CSS, can be a bit tricky.
- Dashboard is a bit unimpressive; needs UX/UI improvements.
- Integration APIs are a bit limited and its web hook function (if employed) can be a bit intimidating to set up the first time.
- Secure method to collect credit card information
- Collect client data
- Connect with Salesforce
- Easy to manipulate and change
- Integrate with other systems directly
- Sometimes international clients have issues with the address fields
- Availability in other languages would be helpful
- The triggers in Formstack to hide / unhide fields based on other answers is extremely helpful. It keeps the form on target and doesn't clutter up the question list with useless fields.
- The forms are extremely easy to set up and deploy.
- We don't have to worry about supporting the backend or writing the scripts for the work flow.
- The only issue I had with when starting with formstack was the workflow/approval. This has since been corrected.
- It would be nice to have the data file that is created from the form submission to be formatted in a certain way so it can flow into an automated system.
- Options for data file delivery would be nice too, FTP, SFTP or email.
Marketing Forms: Website data collection and connected to SalesForce
Client Services: Executional recruitment forms for blogger programs
It's used across the organization. It collects data and stores and organizes it for us. Super helpful.
- Connects with third party platforms to help ensure your data is collected efficiently and stored in the right places.
- I like that it is a secure platform for both personal information and credit card.
- Love the workflows and approval systems within the platform.
- Workflow could allow for more routing and approval options. If two people need to approve before it goes to 3rd person for final approval.
- More forms - we have the gold plan for $99 a month and have 100 forms. The next jump in price and forms is more than we need/can afford. So I am constantly deleting forms and cleaning out formstack.
Less appropriate - surveys (we use a different survey tool)
- Creating a customized form for just about any business purpose
- Tracking and storing information on clients and requests
- Only from personal experience can I make this statement. In our department we use Banner (university wide) Formstack and KX and none of them "talk" to each other. If it were easier to link them together, or cheaper as cost is always a factor, it would make our job significantly easier.
- Provides many options when building the forms
- Easy to share the data that is being collected with non users
- 3rd party integrations
- Better integration with 3rd party systems that are not widely used
- Number of submission per form could be increased
- Notification of which forms are not used frequently
- Well suited for Creative Teams or Project Managers
- Easy to create forms
- Good customer support
- Ongoing opportunities for trainings to better use the products
- Formstack is not an application specifically designed for tickets sales, so its lacks features directly related to the sports industry.
- Mobile app has limited functionality.
- The ability to reset your password for encrypted forms - if you forget it or one of the only people who knew it leaves the organization you need to lose all the submissions. This might be a legal thing however, which is understandable.
- Immediate response from enrollment to sending information to company
- Easy to use
- Interfaces well with Stripe
- Continuous changes and updates with no notification changes are being made
- Terrible search capacity; inaccurate; unable to locate name in search field
- Great for enrollment; great for a simple acquisition of information
- Less great for something complicated like a multi-payment program (i.e. we wanted a sibling discount for enrollment but not a discount for pre-care, both on the same form. Formstack was only able to do the 10% discount on the entire order)
- Event registration data collection and payments with PayPal for High Performance driving events
- Event registration and payment collection for various charitable and non-profit events
- Fannie Mae form 1003 data collection for the loan origination process
- Small merchandise sales and order fulfillment
- Salesforce and general 'form' data collection and request processes
- Formstack integrates very well with WordPress. A simple plug-in install and any WordPress site is ready to begin collecting data.
- Formstack has a plethora of options for the actual routing of data. Not only can you store data in the FormStack cloud for future retrieval, you have the ability to route the data to your own email, others email (for confirmation), or integrate with Google Docs
- The management and flow process of forms is quite advanced. From calculations to conditional based logic, Formstack is capable of quite advanced, quasi-'systems' type data routing. This makes data collecting and the conditional collecting of data (i.e. if this, then collect that) very easy
- Formstack is missing what I might consider some major integrations: it has Salesforce, but no NetSuite; it has Google Apps, but no Office 365
- While the data routing options are impressive, one area that would be incredible would be the integration or data feeding of third party databases. For example, if data collected could be pushed to another cloud-based on on-premise PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server instance, the ability to use the collected data with other integrated systems would be incredible.
- In my opinion, Formstack can be a little pricey in the tiers. For not much money you can get into the service, but it's easy to quickly run out of space and need to jump to a more expensive tier
Said another way, if you need to quickly collect shirt sizes for the employees of your organization, there are plenty of easy to use web-based form mechanisms. But if you need conditional routing or are sensitive to the look-and-feel of your data collection, Formstack is the way to go. It is possible to seamlessly connect to your web site where customers will not even know you are using a third party data collector.
- Simple interface. They have created the tool to enable form building via several different methods, depending on how a person wishes to work. You can choose elements, then modify them to add them to a form. Or, you can simply drag and drop them where you want them. You can even choose from templates or a wizard to get you started. The tool couldn't be simpler to use.
- Reliability. We can't think of a single time that Formstack has not been available. With extremely rare exception, any time we have a submission or process issue, it's usually due to something we've done incorrectly or because one of our systems dropped the ball.
- The good people at Formstack seem to genuinely care about making their product better all the time. We are told about or shown new features, or proposed features, several times a year. In fact, they will often let us experiment with features before they unleash it system wide. They value our feedback and we feel that we've actually played a small part in shaping what Formstack has become.
- Price. Compared to other form tools, Formstack is very reasonably priced. The analysis and reporting tools are not nearly as robust as some other large, extensible survey products. But, if you're just trying to get out of the form business and provide a solid platform to your users for building forms and surveys, this is a good option.
- Online "stores." Formstack did away with their store module some time ago and replaced it with a form field type that is really better suited to events than products. If you're trying to build out an entire online catalog of products that may have various colors, sizes, styles, etc. Formstack is NOT the tool to use. However, if you just have a FEW items you wish to make available for sale, that can be done fairly well with a little effort and know-how.
- Although Formstack is infinitely more customizable style-wise with it's graphic templates and CSS tools (much more so than, say, Google Forms), it is sometimes challenging to get granular control over certain form elements--even WITH a CSS guru on staff. As long as you're willing to say "close enough" and not get TOO picky, you can certainly create beautiful forms and surveys that complement your branding or graphic design elements.
- Reporting and analytics. If you're looking for Qualtrics-like reporting, you won't find that here. You can certainly get base stats such as usage, geolocation, aggregate survey results, abandonment points and comparative graphs. But if you're a real data nerd who wants microscopic data analysis, you'll likely be disappointed.
Formstack Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Formstack is a cloud-based online form building solution designed to help organizations build powerful web forms without any coding knowledge.
The form builder serves over 500,000 people in 112 countries. Users can embed mobile-friendly forms on their websites and social media profiles to capture leads, gather feedback from customers and employees, collect online payments, and much more.
The platform integrates with over 50 web applications, including apps for CRM management, email marketing, payment processing, and document management.
Formstack offers a specialized Workflows product that helps users turn time-consuming processes into seamless digital workflows. Users can track their workflows across departments, and use special analytics tools to identify system and communication bottlenecks.
Other product offerings include conversion rate optimization tools for marketers and HIPAA compliance for healthcare and HR users.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Silver||$39||All Base Features + 5 Users|
|Gold||$99/mo||All Base Features + Facebook Tab Embed + Salesforce & HubSpot Integrations + 100 Forms + 10,000 Submissions + 10 Users|
|Platinum||$249/mo||All Base Features + Facebook Tab Embed + Salesforce & HubSpot Integrations + Priority Support + 1,000 Forms + 100,000 Submissions + 25 Users|
|Bronze||$19/mo||All base features + 1 User|
We also offer a variety of Add-on features: Workflows, Conversion Kit, Portals, Approvals
Formstack Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
Formstack Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||Albanian, Arabic, Chinese, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Norwegian (Bokmål), Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Polish, Portuguese, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese|