https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/eP/Rz/UU33POO8RCPA.JPEGVery helpful time measuring tool for administrativesTime Doctor is really a pleasure to use. It makes controlling our freelancers so much easier. Although you have a work diary on platforms like Upwork, the screen shot feature and especially the "poor time use" report provide us with all the necessary info in case of an issue regarding the freelancer's use of time. In addition, to that, the frequent pop-up and question feature in regard to what someone is doing right now makes capturing time for projects really easy. Also, I like the auto pause function. It helps to stop the time while not being on the computer and asks you on return if you spent the time working. The only feature that is not there at the moment and which I would love to see in the future is the "time budget for project" feature. All in all, we love to use time doctor and do so every day. Thank you so much for the great software.,Poor time use reports Daily nice formatted overview emails Question of time use after returning to PC,No time budget can be set up on projects Every user costs extra Sometimes the prompting question is annoying,9,On one issue we could ask the freelancer to review his work again and delete the time spent on useless things like watching movie trailers or visiting Facebook. On the other hand, workers seem to tend to book in more time if they use time doctor.,,Asana, Slack, Google DriveEasy and Time consumingDue to its nice features, I like this product. So for my personal work, I have been it for the last 6 months. Also, I m working as remote developer so my client company is using time doctor and I'm part of that. I got the info about time doctor from my client. They need it because they are hiring remote developers and time doctor is good for that.,Record the time in very accurate way. Web dashboard and application both are easy to use. Gives us warning if we are doing non-important things like Facebook, YouTube etc. Time doctor support is very kind, they hear our problems and that I like most.,In billing once a card is added we cannot delete that. So it should be like we can delete the old one and add the new one. In the desktop application its starts recording time when we set the task name and press enter, instead of that we should click on a start button. In an account we need to define some sites' URL, so whenever a user opens that it stops recording time without his permission.,10,Save time with unwanted stuff At the last no issue with time reports We can show a screen shot also, so anyone can trust that yes you worked.,Most convenient and cost effective way to manage your small freelancing teamI use it to manage my own small team and in few cases, I submit time log report to my clients with whom we use it to provide services outside the Upwork marketplace. So far, I don't face any problems.,Good management of team members. Accurate time log reports. Access.,Allow small freelancing teams like ours to use our own branding in the report. Add some more features to request payments from the clients.,9,Ensure perfect time usage of the team members which save a lot of unnecessary salary costing. In my case, for 3 employees, I save almost 40%.,,Slack, Skype, UpworkTrack remote teams efficientlyTime Doctor is used by our organisation as a whole. Since our team works remotely, it is extremely useful for tracking time spent on each project and allows us to monitor overall efficiency. It also helps us in employee evaluations and provides accurate billing information for our clients.,Distractions such as YouTube and Facebook are tracked accurately and are reported as poor use of time. Random screen shots taken at regular intervals gives insight on the progress of a project. Daily and weekly reports are extremely helpful in providing a broader look at the team's efficiency.,User Interface and design looks a little dated,9,Tracking employees and time sheets has been reduced by 50%.,Hubstaff,HipChat, Skype, Google Drive,10,The onboarding process was really simple and ready made. Had a detailed email and step by step guide that made the whole setup very easy.Time Doctor ReviewWe use Time Doctor to accurately track and pay contractors for the work the do on various projects. That way no discrepancies between us and contractors arise.,It allows for you to manage multiple users effectively. Which means it is a one stop shop. Screen shots become necessary when you are having issues with someone getting a task done on time and can have an honest discussion. It has many channels and ways it can be used for all different kinds of work.,UI/UX it can get a bit bulky and hard to use.,9,We have been able to help individuals see how much time they waste.,,Trello, Asana, Microsoft Azure
Windows, Linux, Mac, Chrombook
Time Doctor

Time Doctor Reviews

Time Doctor
Top Rated Award
Filter 70 vetted Time Doctor reviews and ratings
Timothy Maximilian Scherman profile photo
July 18, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Very helpful time measuring tool for administratives"

• Poor time use reports
  • Daily nice formatted overview emails
  • Question of time use after returning to PC
  • No time budget can be set up on projects
  • Every user costs extra
  • Sometimes the prompting question is annoying
Time doctor is very good when it comes to controlling the time of freelancers that are very far away.

Time doctor is not that suitable when a customer has paid for a specific time, like let's say 24 hours per month SEO optimisation and you would like to know if that time budget is already exceeded and got billed or not.
Read Timothy Maximilian Scherman's full review
Hitesh Trivedi profile photo
July 18, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Easy and Time consuming"

• Record the time in very accurate way.
  • Web dashboard and application both are easy to use.
  • Gives us warning if we are doing non-important things like Facebook, YouTube etc.
  • Time doctor support is very kind, they hear our problems and that I like most.
  • In billing once a card is added we cannot delete that. So it should be like we can delete the old one and add the new one.
  • In the desktop application its starts recording time when we set the task name and press enter, instead of that we should click on a start button.
  • In an account we need to define some sites' URL, so whenever a user opens that it stops recording time without his permission.
It is a very useful tool for companies who are going to hire a remote developer. Installation and use are very easy compared other products. The record time accuracy is good. It also provides a mobile app. So it's good if we go outside and we can work on the mobile app. We’ve been using it for 2 years and it feels good that I don’t have to worry about time because at last, we can send a report to a client in a very easy way.
Read Hitesh Trivedi's full review
Shohani Uzzaman Joarder profile photo
July 18, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Most convenient and cost effective way to manage your small freelancing team"

So far, I don't face any problems.
  • Good management of team members.
  • Accurate time log reports.
  • Access.
  • Allow small freelancing teams like ours to use our own branding in the report.
  • Add some more features to request payments from the clients.
From my experience, I can say that it's the best tool to manage a small team at less price.

But, when it comes to managing a large team like more than 20-30 team members, then I guess, the cost will be an issue.
Read Shohani Uzzaman Joarder's full review
Sidharth Kavalu profile photo
July 18, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Track remote teams efficiently"

• Distractions such as YouTube and Facebook are tracked accurately and are reported as poor use of time.
  • Random screen shots taken at regular intervals gives insight on the progress of a project.
  • Daily and weekly reports are extremely helpful in providing a broader look at the team's efficiency.
  • User Interface and design looks a little dated
Well suited for companies that are in the outsourcing business or have people working remotely.
Not suited to track personal distractions like you do on RescueTime.
Read Sidharth Kavalu's full review
Ezra Okuro profile photo

"Time Doctor Review"

• It allows for you to manage multiple users effectively. Which means it is a one stop shop.
  • Screen shots become necessary when you are having issues with someone getting a task done on time and can have an honest discussion.
  • It has many channels and ways it can be used for all different kinds of work.
  • UI/UX it can get a bit bulky and hard to use.
Working with remote employees who are having productivity issues.
Not as effective with developers as they work on many different devices.
Read Ezra Okuro's full review
Turan AYDIN profile photo
July 18, 2017

Review: "Track activities of your team with Time Doctor"

We have a technical support group located in a separate office from our headquarters. So we need to track the activities of our technicians and how much time they are using for different tasks. We have seen that after using this tool, the technicians start to care more about working hours and about the efficiency of their work.
  • We start to measure how much time they are using for different tasks so we optimize the tasks.
  • Also people start to see how much time they work and they start to care more about working hours.
  • We need integration with ManageEngine Service Desk Plus.
  • We also need integration with Assembla.
Time Doctor definitely is good if you want to track the activities of your team, However at the end, every thing is pointed to each person.
Read Turan AYDIN's full review
Sandra Knigge profile photo
July 17, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Productivity Rules"

[Time Doctor is] Used by office staff, many work remotely as well as me. Time Doctor allows me to monitor time spent on routine and priority projects without being intrusive to the staff. It Is actually better than actively supervising in office and allows a means for remote workers supervision.
  • A staff member was using most of the day for usual and mundane tasks so I was able to contact her and get her back on the priority task.
  • A staff member was using company time to do personal shopping, which is not allowed.
  • All staff members have an opportunity to see where their time can be better utilized that has increased productive work to 90% as opposed to 40% before Time Doctor.
  • Projects and tasks could be improved, if tasks are created for a project, the user is not able to select a task.
I would recommend Time Doctor to anyone who wants to increase productivity.
Read Sandra Knigge's full review
David Southall profile photo
July 14, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Time is the FIRE in which we BURN, track yours now! With some great software."

I started with Time Tracking using the Freelancer.com built in tracking but Time Doctor is vastly superior and I use it to track my own time and that of subcontractors who work on the development of my website at heart-is.co.uk. I love it because I'm a bit of a nerd for tracking things, I use Fitbit for my steps and sleep tracking for example.
  • Screenshots are excellent.
  • Being able to break time down into tasks is very useful.
  • Reports and analysis are great at the end of each week.
  • I'd like to see more whole life tracking for example being able to put sleep hours in but not have that on a work report etc.
  • When tracking 3 people I'd like 3 different screenshots streams 1 for each person at the moment they are combined into 1 stream.
I use it for tracking remote workers and it's excellent.
Read David Southall's full review
Kishore Kumar A profile photo
July 13, 2017

Review: "Time doctor everyday will keep non-productivity away."

It is used by the technical teams in our organisation to report on project time sheets. It mainly addresses the issue of time tracking for remote employees and it improves the productivity of the team while they are not in the workplace by allowing them to keep track of their work and delete non-productive work that was tracked.
  • Tracking time of remote employees is a breeze.
  • Even when there is poor connectivity or no connectivity, the use of time doctor enables positive reporting.
  • The flexibility in tracking time and monitoring productivity at the same time by giving control to the users to track their own time is genius.
  • The mobile app for owners/managers managing the team can have an overhaul.
  • The tracking app can have conditional alerts, example if I have facebook.com on a list, and when the user visits the site, it could pop-up that you are on a non-productive site.
It is suitable for teams where productivity is measured based on the time they put into the work, especially on a computer. It is not so applicable for remote teams that do both online work and offline work (non-computer work).
Read Kishore Kumar A's full review
Rick M. Worth profile photo
July 13, 2017

Review: "Time Doctor is essential to graphic design studios"

Time Doctor is helping us with our daily tasks that are integrated with Trello, and any task that requires time management. Time Doctor also helps us to improve our relationship with our small budget clients, sending to them detailed reports. We are still finding out more about integrations and possibilities. Combi Digital is a small boutique agency focused on WordPress, graphic design for small business and inbound marketing in Australia.
  • Reports
  • Integration with Trello
  • User interface
  • Client and tasks columns visualisation
  • Desktop popups deserve a better design
Websites development is a good one. I have not tried Time Doctor with more than 2 users yet, I don't know how easy would be to analyse and control the tool.
Read Rick M. Worth's full review
Ömer Yıldız profile photo

"Time Doctor Review"

It is being used by the SEO and software development departments. It addresses the lack of task prioritization and time management problems. With the tool, we are able to track which tasks bring what kind of work load to the company. Plus, it is good to have the chance to see time issues project by project.
  • Daily check of timesheets and time use details given for each project
  • On a monthly basis having an overview of time use and project timing
  • Keep people on track - it is good to show the pop-up so that they are not distracted with social media or non-work related websites
  • API
  • Quicker, easier project addition to the panel
  • Better task management tools integration
I highly recommend Time doctor to other clients as well. Since it is good to have the chance to look for what the team is doing and how well the time is managed, Time Doctor brings the best result when compared to its competitors. A consultancy service is quite the fit for using the tool since there is hourly rating for its clients.
Read Ömer Yıldız's full review
Hillary Smith profile photo
September 07, 2017

User Review: "Time Doctor Saved My Tail"

We have assistants that work remotely. We have had issues in the past with them logging many hours that should have not been "on the clock" hours. Time Doctor allows accountability for remote work and the screenshots that let me know that they are really staying on task. Both of my employees are using it.
  • Screenshots. Very great feature.
  • Prompts when employee is away...reminding them to clock their time.
  • Ease of dashboard use.
  • No screenshots for mobile use time logging...though I don't know how that would be done anyway. My employee said that Time Doctor was slowing down her computer, so she was logging her time on her phone--but then I couldn't see the screenshots.
  • Tech support is a little hard sometimes.
I don't really have any "less appropriate" scenarios in our usage. It has been just what we needed. I wished I had known about it a year ago.
Read Hillary Smith's full review
Christian Rodwell profile photo
August 09, 2017

Review: "Time Doctor is the solopreneurs trusted tool to manage remote workers"

I employ part time admin and marketing freelance workers and use time doctor to manage workflow and track working hours, making it quick and easy to approve payroll based upon hours worked per month.
  • Screenshots of workflow and activity levels
  • Daily time worked tracking
  • Payroll management and integration with 3rd party payment
  • Easier integration with TransferWise
  • No other points
Great for one person business owners who work with freelancers or have a full / part time assistant who works remotely.
Read Christian Rodwell's full review
Neil Reeve-Newson profile photo
July 21, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Works great"

Used among the whole team for bookkeeping and managing projects. Works great.
  • Project scope
  • Improving time efficiency
  • Staying on budget
  • Would be nice to be able to manage frequency of popups
Best for people who bill and pay by time and use it to see how long tasks actually take.
Read Neil Reeve-Newson's full review
Svetlana Mojic Dzakula profile photo
July 18, 2017

User Review: "Healthier time usage with Time Doctor"

We are all using it in the company. Also, we sometimes send links to our clients so they can see what we have done and when - especially when we are using it for working per hour.
  • I can see when my employees were working on a project and when they are not.
  • I can later check how much time we spend on each task.
  • Our clients can see that we were working on.
  • When we archive project on Asana it is not archived in time doctor.
  • Sometimes it calculates wrong, actually adding to the wrong task. We had that issue earlier but hopefully we won't anymore.
  • Most important thing: if we by mistake turn on the wrong task, and then later realise that, it would be great if when we edit the task name, the software is able to add print screens which already exist with the new name, and actually keep them. At the moment, when we change a task name, time doc looses print screens, and that is hard to explain to clients.
For a small architectural company, it is really great software.
Read Svetlana Mojic Dzakula's full review
Corne de Jong profile photo
July 18, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Intuitive solution to help keep track of time"

[It's used to] Track project related time (internal and external employees) and to manage contractors' time. It is used by a selective number of team members. Some other solutions are also in place.
  • Easy to use, intuitive.
  • The prompts work well.
  • There's no perfect solution for managing a pattern of many things in a short period of time yet.
Well suited for an organization in which team members work with computers for the majority of time. Less well suited when most of the work is offline, or at least less of an advantage versus traditional time recording solutions.
Read Corne de Jong's full review
Kristel del Rosario profile photo

"Time Doctor review"

As a start up it enables me to manage a small number of support staff efficiently especially as my support staff are remote based whilst being able to keep cost base down.
  • Easy site to set up on inception
  • Intuitive site so little need to consult help staff for user support
  • Price point ideal for start ups
Manage remote working of support staff
Read Kristel del Rosario's full review
Bojan Vukovic profile photo
July 17, 2017

User Review: "Recommendation for Time Doctor"

We use Time Doctor for some of our developers who work with very demanding clients. Now clients are very satisfied and they can follow all activities of developers.
  • Works without bugs. We don't have problems with any OS platform.
  • Very detailed reports.
  • Easy to use.
  • I have no objections.
Everybody can use Time Doctor for their teams to follow productivity and connect them with some of the project management tools like Trello or other tools from the Atlassian package.
Read Bojan Vukovic's full review
Mo Salam profile photo
July 14, 2017

User Review: "Time Doctor is good"

I use it to track the freelancers that work for my company remotely.
  • Screenshots
  • Reports
  • Handles many users
  • Automatic tracking
  • Easier onboarding procedures
[It's well suited for] tracking freelancers who work remotely.
Read Mo Salam's full review
David Holland profile photo
July 14, 2017

User Review: "Time Doctor - Does what it promises"

We use it in 2 areas. First, to track time consultant's use when working on customer projects. Secondly to track time that freelancers spend working for my company.
  • Automatically starts recording. So time is accounted for.
  • Be able to allocate time to projects.
  • Produce time sheets for users.
  • Be able to have a task tagging system or multiple categories so I can track categories of time in different ways at the same time.
Time doctor is well suited if you wish to enforce compliance of time recording.
Read David Holland's full review
Jayan Varghese profile photo

"Time Doctor Review"

It's used across the whole organization. We use it for productivity management.
  • Screenshots
  • Dashboards
  • Prompts and Work Tips
  • Expensive for small teams
Works great when work is managed remotely
Read Jayan Varghese's full review
Blagojce Josifoski profile photo
July 13, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Worth every penny"

We have started using Time Doctor to track the team members work, and also because it offers integration with Asana, a task management tool used to assign tasks to members. We are small organization and all of us are using Time Doctor. We are assigning development tasks to the team members.
  • Keeps the developers focused on the tasks by taking screen shots from their workstations.
  • I hope to see integrations with some payment gateways, so the team payment can also be managed through Time Doctor
Best solution for time tracking so far.
Read Blagojce Josifoski's full review
July 17, 2017

Review: "Time Doctor - Great for process improvement"

I use Time Doctor across the entire organization to track how long tasks and projects take across our clients to look for opportunities for efficiency.
  • Tracking lateness or absences
  • Tracking projects
  • Adding notes to tasks and projects so you know why they take longer or less time
  • Easier to start tracking
  • Less cumbersome on desktop
Tracking time and projects for consultants or anyone interested in understanding how long tasks take your team to complete
July 14, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Time is money"

I use Time Doctor to manage how long it takes me to do projects for my clients. The main problem I had was I didn't know how long it was taking me to do certain jobs and in turn I had not been billing my clients properly and effectively losing money on labour.
  • Manages my time
  • Helps with project management
  • Helps me bill more effectively
  • Manage my time without clicking a button
  • Stop constantly notifying me when I am not using it
  • Less popping up on the screen
Well suited for time management
July 14, 2017

Time Doctor Review: "Reliable and useful - Good ROI"

[It's] currently used by our department that has multiple roles/clients or projects. Those with single projects or tasks are not yet using it. It helps to charge clients for the time used on their account and hold staff accountable to the work.
  • Monitoring staff work ethic
  • Cost as you scale. It doesn't provide enough functionality for the cost (I can't remove another piece of SAAS software).
It would work well with call centers, but with on the road staff not so much.

About Time Doctor

Time Doctor is a time tracking and productivity app that aims to make sure users get a lot more done each day.

Time Doctor helps eliminate distractions and helps users see exactly where time was spent each day. It analyses which websites were visited and what applications were used on their computer.

There are also team reports for exact time worked and when each person was working or on a break, or in meetings away from the computer.