Excellent Tool!

July 07, 2021

Really good time tracker.

June 29, 2021
Time Doctor is used across the entire company. It is supposed to track every company employee's time and work during their shift.

The non-techie's best friend!

September 16, 2020
TD is used across our organisation to monitor and manage team time resources, productivity, and project investment.
We have also done away …

Time Doctor Review

July 18, 2017

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2018

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Time Doctor, and make your voice heard!

Basic

$10

On Premise

• $9.99 per userOptional

What is Time Doctor?

Time Doctor provides detailed analytics of where time is spent during the work day. Companies can see the websites and applications their employees visit while working, and screenshots of the computer screen every few minutes while they work.

Time Doctor not only tracks the total time worked by every person on a team, but also provides a breakdown of how much time is spent on each project, client, or task. The time tracking data is accurate to the second so managers can see exactly where time is spent, verifying how much time is spent on which activities. Companies can use this data to bill clients or to have an accurate record for paying staff.

The vendor claims that company employees will get a lot more done each day, increasing productivity and reducing wasted time.

Managers receive a weekly report outlining which websites and applications were used by their team and for how long. Individual users will receive the same report outlining their own time usage statistics. The vendor promises that this report maximizes productivity tracking and helps to identify productivity issues.

Time Doctor Features

• Supported: Employee Monitoring: Bosses can make sure company time isn’t being wasted, as Time Doctor allows employers to track their worker’s activities. Employers can track the sites employees visit, their keystrokes and mouse movements, and even take periodic screenshots automatically or on request.
  • Supported: Payroll: The system incorporates both hourly wages and fixed salaries into time tracked to automate payroll calculation. This information can easily be exported through an integrated payroll provider.
  • Supported: Report Production: The system automatically produces reports on activities and productivity at predetermined intervals. They are useful tools for staying up to date on what employees are working on and if they are completing their tasks in an efficient manner.
  • Supported: Client Portal: Information can be made accessible through free client logins that display only work done for that client.
  • Supported: GPS Tracking: Employers can make sure their workers are where they are supposed to be when on assignment through their smartphone.
  • Supported: Extensive Platform Support: Time Doctor is compatible with desktops, tablets, Android and iOS to track work done on most devices and provide the most flexibility for employers.

Time Doctor Screenshots

Project ReportGPS trackingApps and Website Usage ReportDashboardIntegrationDesktop AppScreenshotsTime Usage ReportActivity SummaryProject ReportGroup TimelineManage GroupsUser SettingsTimeline

Time Doctor Videos

An overview of what Time Doctor is: a productivity tool with time management apps that lets users harvest time tracking data on a company's work habits and then provides analytics to show key areas where improvements can be made.
A quick overview of Time Doctor’s Integration options and how they can help gain deeper insights into team performance and where to make improvements.
This video explains how to use the Time Doctor desktop app.
How Time Doctor's reports can help improve team performance.

Time Doctor Downloadables

Time Doctor Integrations

Time Doctor Competitors

Time Doctor Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Linux, Mac, Chrombook
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported LanguagesEnglish, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, French, German, Turkish

What are Time Doctor's top competitors?

Toggl, Hubstaff, and Harvest are common alternatives for Time Doctor.

What is Time Doctor's best feature?

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 9.7.

Who uses Time Doctor?

The most common users of Time Doctor are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Time Doctor is being used by our property management company to help track and manage time spent away from the office, whether it being on-site visits, off-site meetings, or working remotely from home or other locations. Many of our meetings with boards and communities take place in the evenings and it is helpful to show how much time is spent on those meetings for those communities.
  • It tracks computer activity, yet can be configured to pause while managing personal computer tasks.
  • It can be edited so that non-computer tasks such as site visits or meetings can be accounted for.
  • It is very helpful to refer to when submitting time sheets.
  • The non-computer task description fields have limits as far as details that can be added.
Time Doctor is well suited for certain businesses where some or many of the employees are now working remotely due to the pandemic and post-pandemic times. It is a good way for the employer to keep track of activity and (more or less) keep people honest. For businesses and employees where there are a lot of site visits, travel, etc., Time Doctor is a little impractical since it requires the employee to manually enter in whatever time was spent on tasks performed away from the computer. If an employer is hoping to track that activity, they still need to rely on the employees' honor systems to enter in times and tasks.
We have not needed to use the support feature as of yet, so I cannot comment on this.
July 07, 2021

Excellent Tool!

Time Doctor is a game changer! My role in the organization requires a high level of engagement with our clients and the staff members. Engagement is one thing and I have other tasks to do like checking the team's productivity daily, weekly, and monthly. When this was rolled out in the organization, I was very happy because this allows us to measure our productivity at the click of a mouse.
  • The timeline report is very helpful for me in checking the team's attendance. When I start my day, I don't have to chat each person in the team to check if they already started working. This report displays a real-time view of online and offline staff in the team.
  • The desktop application is very easy to use. No drama!
  • Other reports that we often use in translating productivity is the Total Hours Tracked and the Web and App Usage. Hours Tracked outlines how long a staff member spends working at the computer vs. away and how long their breaks last. Web and App Usage records which websites and applications are used while working so we can track patterns and learn how to keep the team on task.
  • When checking/viewing Web and App Usage, I wish there's an option on this page to update or change the app's rating without going to settings page. It will be a lot easier for us to update the ratings on the Web and App Usage.
I would certainly recommend Time Doctor. If you are managing a large group, this app is for you! It would certainly save you a lot of time in checking your team's productivity. Working from home or remotely? Not a problem, this tool will certainly be your go-to app in managing your team.
  • Track how many clicks per second.
  • Track keyboard activity per second.
  • Take screenshots every a corn period of time.
  • Track total time spent in different tasks.
  • Sometimes it would show no activity at all even when there is.
  • Webcam photo capability is an invasion of privacy; I don't think it should be an option.
The software really does a good job tracking employee's work, the time they spend doing a task, the time spent on different websites, and the websites visited. It provides really detailed reports on the use of the computer while on the employees shift.

The software really does its job, but I believe it to be inappropriate at times. People are not robots who spend 8 hours straight on the computer; the Webcam shot capability is too invasive, I do not think it should even be an option. As a tracker it is good, but I also do not believe it increases productivity.
Ahmed Elawady | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Time [Doctor] for all employees[.] It was very helpful during COVID-19 through [work from home needs.]
  • Photo screenshots
  • Calculate the exact working minutes
  • Automated calculations of payrolls
  • Decrease the fees slightly
  • Video recording
  • Need better synchronization between PC and mobile app
Any home working company will need Time [Doctor] or any other app like it[.]
Somnath Chaudhari | TrustRadius Reviewer
As lockdown started in India, we looked for a solution for the issue of user tracking and we got this solution.
Time Doctor is the best solution, and has the best support (technical as well as billing). Initially we were 10 users on trial basis, but we later installed organisation-wide and currently we are more that 30 users running on Time Doctor to track productive hours and unrated hours.

This has helped us to reduce the cost of work, as freelancers were paid on an hourly basis and this application helped us to track more accurately.
  • Time Doctor shares the screencast pictures of users so you can check what the end user is doing and if any issue existed in the past and you forget you can check through the screencast options.
  • For freelancers as well as trainees or new employees, you can increase their productivity.
  • Best solution for all in one to manage ERP like applications.
  • Please add billed hours to end users so hr/admin can decide the cost and pay on the basis of hours.
This is the best solution. It continuously increases the productivity of our organisation. We can track on the basis of productivity rating. It is well suited for large and small scale organisations. This helps lower the cost of production & working.
There is room for improvement in tech support. One case was pending almost 3 days but that might be due to covid situations.
We have also done away with our bio-metric attendance, and reply on TD for monitoring attendance & punctuality across hybrid and roster driven work schedules.
  • Manage Time - both in terms of attendance but also productivity. E.g., if too much time is spent on a particular task, the employee concerned can be up-skilled to improve his efficiency.
  • Allows for non-intrusive yet effective monitoring especially in the case of WFH/Hybrid situations, providing both employees and employers with an accurate record of time and effort invested.
I've not had to reach out for support, but Customer Service team has always reached out/been updating.
Mark Rueckert | TrustRadius Reviewer
Time Doctor was introduced to our company when we merged almost 2 years ago. It is used to track the time of each employee for hr purposes and project management purposes. The system is very faulty and super outdated. I would not recommend this system to anyone! Great idea, poorly implemented.
  • Upsets you. Time Doctor does a great job making you upset when it glitches out and stops tracking your time.
  • Not tracking your time. Weird right? Shouldn't time tracking a product track your time? Well, this one doesn't... it attempts it, but it rarely gets it right.
  • Blowing off support. They do an excellent job never answering your emails or concerns.
  • FIX YOUR APP!!! A huge part of my day is spent on the phone and working remotely. I downloaded the app and did everything support told me to fix it. I spent a month testing out everything they told me to get this to work. But no matter what, about 5 minutes into working, the app would stop tracking my time. I spent more time working on the app than on my job.
  • Update the UX! I was embarrassed for the company when I first opened time doctor. It looked like it was created in the '90s and hadn't been touched since.
  • Get better support. I had a lot of issues with using this product. Every time I'd reach out it would take several days to get a response. Then the response would be vague and took multiple emails to figure out what they were saying. Terrible support.
The idea of Time Doctor is awesome. We wanted to use it to track our hours for HR purposes and then the really exciting thing was tracking the hours we were working on specific projects so we could be more efficient. But the system lagged and glitched out so often that we never were able to get accurate readings on our projects.
The support was terrible! They never responded in sufficient time and their assistance was always super vague. I never felt like they had an actual solution to my concerns. They were nice, but I don't feel like they were trained in their own system. It felt like I was talking to a wall.
September 07, 2017

Time Doctor Saved My Tail

Hillary Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have assistants that work remotely. We have had issues in the past with them logging many hours that should have not been "on the clock" hours. Time Doctor allows accountability for remote work and the screenshots that let me know that they are really staying on task. Both of my employees are using it.
  • Screenshots. Very great feature.
  • Prompts when employee is away...reminding them to clock their time.
  • Ease of dashboard use.
  • No screenshots for mobile use time logging...though I don't know how that would be done anyway. My employee said that Time Doctor was slowing down her computer, so she was logging her time on her phone--but then I couldn't see the screenshots.
  • Tech support is a little hard sometimes.
I don't really have any "less appropriate" scenarios in our usage. It has been just what we needed. I wished I had known about it a year ago.
Christian Rodwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I employ part time admin and marketing freelance workers and use time doctor to manage workflow and track working hours, making it quick and easy to approve payroll based upon hours worked per month.
  • Screenshots of workflow and activity levels
  • Daily time worked tracking
  • Payroll management and integration with 3rd party payment
  • Easier integration with TransferWise
  • No other points
Great for one person business owners who work with freelancers or have a full / part time assistant who works remotely.
July 21, 2017

Works great

Neil Reeve-Newson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used among the whole team for bookkeeping and managing projects. Works great.
  • Project scope
  • Improving time efficiency
  • Staying on budget
  • Would be nice to be able to manage frequency of popups
Best for people who bill and pay by time and use it to see how long tasks actually take.
Timothy Maximilian Scherman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Time Doctor is really a pleasure to use. It makes controlling our freelancers so much easier. Although you have a work diary on platforms like Upwork, the screen shot feature and especially the "poor time use" report provide us with all the necessary info in case of an issue regarding the freelancer's use of time.

In addition, to that, the frequent pop-up and question feature in regard to what someone is doing right now makes capturing time for projects really easy. Also, I like the auto pause function. It helps to stop the time while not being on the computer and asks you on return if you spent the time working.

The only feature that is not there at the moment and which I would love to see in the future is the "time budget for project" feature.

All in all, we love to use time doctor and do so every day. Thank you so much for the great software.
  • Poor time use reports
  • Daily nice formatted overview emails
  • Question of time use after returning to PC
  • No time budget can be set up on projects
  • Every user costs extra
  • Sometimes the prompting question is annoying
Time doctor is very good when it comes to controlling the time of freelancers that are very far away.

Time doctor is not that suitable when a customer has paid for a specific time, like let's say 24 hours per month SEO optimisation and you would like to know if that time budget is already exceeded and got billed or not.
Hitesh Trivedi | TrustRadius Reviewer
Due to its nice features, I like this product. So for my personal work, I have been it for the last 6 months. Also, I m working as remote developer so my client company is using time doctor and I'm part of that. I got the info about time doctor from my client. They need it because they are hiring remote developers and time doctor is good for that.
  • Record the time in very accurate way.
  • Web dashboard and application both are easy to use.
  • Gives us warning if we are doing non-important things like Facebook, YouTube etc.
  • Time doctor support is very kind, they hear our problems and that I like most.
  • In billing once a card is added we cannot delete that. So it should be like we can delete the old one and add the new one.
  • In the desktop application its starts recording time when we set the task name and press enter, instead of that we should click on a start button.
  • In an account we need to define some sites' URL, so whenever a user opens that it stops recording time without his permission.
It is a very useful tool for companies who are going to hire a remote developer. Installation and use are very easy compared other products. The record time accuracy is good. It also provides a mobile app. So it's good if we go outside and we can work on the mobile app. We’ve been using it for 2 years and it feels good that I don’t have to worry about time because at last, we can send a report to a client in a very easy way.
Shohani Uzzaman Joarder | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it to manage my own small team and in few cases, I submit time log report to my clients with whom we use it to provide services outside the Upwork marketplace.

So far, I don't face any problems.
  • Good management of team members.
  • Accurate time log reports.
  • Access.
  • Allow small freelancing teams like ours to use our own branding in the report.
  • Add some more features to request payments from the clients.
From my experience, I can say that it's the best tool to manage a small team at less price.

But, when it comes to managing a large team like more than 20-30 team members, then I guess, the cost will be an issue.
Sidharth Kavalu | TrustRadius Reviewer
Time Doctor is used by our organisation as a whole. Since our team works remotely, it is extremely useful for tracking time spent on each project and allows us to monitor overall efficiency. It also helps us in employee evaluations and provides accurate billing information for our clients.
  • Distractions such as YouTube and Facebook are tracked accurately and are reported as poor use of time.
  • Random screen shots taken at regular intervals gives insight on the progress of a project.
  • Daily and weekly reports are extremely helpful in providing a broader look at the team's efficiency.
  • User Interface and design looks a little dated
Well suited for companies that are in the outsourcing business or have people working remotely.
Not suited to track personal distractions like you do on RescueTime.
The support team was very quick in their responses. Have received updates even on weekends which was very impressive.
July 18, 2017

Time Doctor Review

Ezra Okuro | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Time Doctor to accurately track and pay contractors for the work the do on various projects. That way no discrepancies between us and contractors arise.
  • It allows for you to manage multiple users effectively. Which means it is a one stop shop.
  • Screen shots become necessary when you are having issues with someone getting a task done on time and can have an honest discussion.
  • It has many channels and ways it can be used for all different kinds of work.
  • UI/UX it can get a bit bulky and hard to use.
Working with remote employees who are having productivity issues.
Not as effective with developers as they work on many different devices.
Svetlana Mojic Dzakula | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are all using it in the company. Also, we sometimes send links to our clients so they can see what we have done and when - especially when we are using it for working per hour.
  • I can see when my employees were working on a project and when they are not.
  • I can later check how much time we spend on each task.
  • Our clients can see that we were working on.
  • When we archive project on Asana it is not archived in time doctor.
  • Sometimes it calculates wrong, actually adding to the wrong task. We had that issue earlier but hopefully we won't anymore.
  • Most important thing: if we by mistake turn on the wrong task, and then later realise that, it would be great if when we edit the task name, the software is able to add print screens which already exist with the new name, and actually keep them. At the moment, when we change a task name, time doc looses print screens, and that is hard to explain to clients.
For a small architectural company, it is really great software.
Turan AYDIN | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have a technical support group located in a separate office from our headquarters. So we need to track the activities of our technicians and how much time they are using for different tasks. We have seen that after using this tool, the technicians start to care more about working hours and about the efficiency of their work.
  • We start to measure how much time they are using for different tasks so we optimize the tasks.
  • Also people start to see how much time they work and they start to care more about working hours.
  • We need integration with ManageEngine Service Desk Plus.
  • We also need integration with Assembla.
Time Doctor definitely is good if you want to track the activities of your team, However at the end, every thing is pointed to each person.
Corne de Jong | TrustRadius Reviewer
[It's used to] Track project related time (internal and external employees) and to manage contractors' time. It is used by a selective number of team members. Some other solutions are also in place.
  • Easy to use, intuitive.
  • The prompts work well.
  • There's no perfect solution for managing a pattern of many things in a short period of time yet.
Well suited for an organization in which team members work with computers for the majority of time. Less well suited when most of the work is offline, or at least less of an advantage versus traditional time recording solutions.
July 17, 2017

Time Doctor review

Kristel del Rosario | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a start up it enables me to manage a small number of support staff efficiently especially as my support staff are remote based whilst being able to keep cost base down.
  • Easy site to set up on inception
  • Intuitive site so little need to consult help staff for user support
  • Price point ideal for start ups
Manage remote working of support staff
I use Time Doctor across the entire organization to track how long tasks and projects take across our clients to look for opportunities for efficiency.
  • Tracking time
  • Tracking lateness or absences
  • Tracking projects
  • Adding notes to tasks and projects so you know why they take longer or less time
  • Easier to start tracking
  • Less cumbersome on desktop
Tracking time and projects for consultants or anyone interested in understanding how long tasks take your team to complete
Bojan Vukovic | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Time Doctor for some of our developers who work with very demanding clients. Now clients are very satisfied and they can follow all activities of developers.
  • Works without bugs. We don't have problems with any OS platform.
  • Very detailed reports.
  • Easy to use.
  • I have no objections.
Everybody can use Time Doctor for their teams to follow productivity and connect them with some of the project management tools like Trello or other tools from the Atlassian package.
July 17, 2017

Productivity Rules

[Time Doctor is] Used by office staff, many work remotely as well as me. Time Doctor allows me to monitor time spent on routine and priority projects without being intrusive to the staff. It Is actually better than actively supervising in office and allows a means for remote workers supervision.
  • A staff member was using most of the day for usual and mundane tasks so I was able to contact her and get her back on the priority task.
  • A staff member was using company time to do personal shopping, which is not allowed.
  • All staff members have an opportunity to see where their time can be better utilized that has increased productive work to 90% as opposed to 40% before Time Doctor.
  • Projects and tasks could be improved, if tasks are created for a project, the user is not able to select a task.
I would recommend Time Doctor to anyone who wants to increase productivity.
July 14, 2017

Easy & Effective!

I am a freelancer and consultant and use time doctor to track time and bill clients. It is used for thus personal and professional reasons. It addresses the business problem of: lack of time accountability. As a freelancer, I often get paid per project, so it is much more efficient to see how long a specific project takes because I can deduce what the pay rate actually was.
  • Easy to use.
  • Customer Service.
  • Groups and tracks time by project.
  • Sends reports of time worked via email.
  • Perhaps the price point for individuals.
It is useful for consultants, freelancers, solopreneurs, and those managing online teams.
David Southall | TrustRadius Reviewer
I started with Time Tracking using the Freelancer.com built in tracking but Time Doctor is vastly superior and I use it to track my own time and that of subcontractors who work on the development of my website at heart-is.co.uk. I love it because I'm a bit of a nerd for tracking things, I use Fitbit for my steps and sleep tracking for example.
  • Screenshots are excellent.
  • Being able to break time down into tasks is very useful.
  • Reports and analysis are great at the end of each week.
  • I'd like to see more whole life tracking for example being able to put sleep hours in but not have that on a work report etc.
  • When tracking 3 people I'd like 3 different screenshots streams 1 for each person at the moment they are combined into 1 stream.
I use it for tracking remote workers and it's excellent.
July 14, 2017

Time is money

I use Time Doctor to manage how long it takes me to do projects for my clients. The main problem I had was I didn't know how long it was taking me to do certain jobs and in turn I had not been billing my clients properly and effectively losing money on labour.
  • Manages my time
  • Helps with project management
  • Helps me bill more effectively
  • Manage my time without clicking a button
  • Stop constantly notifying me when I am not using it
  • Less popping up on the screen
Well suited for time management