Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom your videoUsed Zoom for video web conferencing with some of our customers, it provides great video experience and good sound quality, so communication was pleasant and smooth. IU is simple and very intuitive, so even when I saw Zoom for the first time it took several seconds to understand how to work with it.,The best video conferencing I ever saw, even with several video streams your conference remains smooth Sound is good enough to feel yourself comfortable Simple and intuitive UI,While having outstanding video quality, sound is still good, but could be better. More advanced noise cancellation will be a good idea,8,Collaboration with customers was improved, it is much easier to communicate with people when you see them,I don't use Zoom Rooms.,GoToMeeting and WebEx Meetings,Slack, WebEx MeetingsZoom for the win!I use it for my business to interact with my clients during our one on one sessions. They love being able to go back and watch the recording.,Group interaction Recordings of calls Ease of use,A free version of hosting webinars that easily integrate with your platforms,9,Free option to record client meetings—cost savings Cancellation rate has decreased Improved booking rate,No,SkypeZoom - The name says it allWe use Zoom for meetings during UAT and remote sessions for our multiple sites as well as with remote users outside of our standard office ecosystem. Most are for sub-20 person discussions using both Screenshare and Video. We are using this mostly in web development and I, however, Marketing and Sales use it as well for internal webinars with outside parties.,Good video conferencing quality and is easy to deploy Lightweight system needs versus skpye lync communicator mean a responsive user interface Can handle large groups and has telcon features not found in some basic business messaging apps,Make a longer screen share time for personal improve settings to control auto video chat UI can be a bit difficult to use at times.,9,Quicker communication - use video and screen share on one system Better communication with external vendors Easy to deploy to new users can adopt the software quickly,Skype for Business, WebEx Meetings and GoToMeeting,Qualtrics, TeamViewer, Skype for Business, GoToMeeting, WebEx Meetings, Skype, FreeConference.com, Drupal, WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Google Search Console, Google Trends, Hootsuite Enterprise, Mention, MS SharePoint, Vimeo Pro, BrightcoveSmooth Meetings, Zoom is best.Zoom is being used at our organization for business meetings and training purposes. We schedule meetings through Zoom and communicate over Zoom. We are a travel hospitality company and we interact with our clients and vendors on a regular basis. Zoom is helping us to broadcast our training sessions to several stakeholders at a time.,Zoom is Best for the single user as well as multiple users to broadcast. Zoom is cost-efficient and reliable in terms of quality. As an industry leader, Zoom has moved our organization into the confidence of service delivery at its best.,For payments, multi-currency must be required. There are possibilities for improvement in UI and UX. More flexible plans would be nice,6,Zoom has provided us Cost efficiency Business Communication is best on Zoom Clients get better audio and video quality,We use Zoom Rooms and we are quite satisfied with the experience and quality of the product. We had used other software and Zoom Rooms is the best among them. I would love to use more of it and will be using for our business needs. Zoom Rooms provides a unique experience in terms of Quality and Experience.,Cisco,Skype for Business, Cisco Communications Outsourcing, Google HangoutsGreat for online meetingsZoom is used as the main communication platform for online meetings in our department.,Screenshare Breakout rooms Voice recording,Sharing recordings,10,Screen sharing documents for real-time feedback Understanding who is speaking by displaying face of the active speaker,For what we use it for, Zoom satisfies our needs. Sometimes we have issues sharing recordings or recording privileges. Once I saw the other questions in this survey (shortly prior to this one) I began to think of other capacities it might have but I am unfamiliar with. It is possible that Zoom has more to offer, especially in terms of ways to engage active participation, that we are not aware of.,Skype
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zoom

Zoom Reviews

Zoom
Top Rated Award
Filter 563 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings
Andrey Perepelitsyn profile photo
January 26, 2018

User Review: "Zoom your video"

• The best video conferencing I ever saw, even with several video streams your conference remains smooth
  • Sound is good enough to feel yourself comfortable
  • Simple and intuitive UI
  • While having outstanding video quality, sound is still good, but could be better. More advanced noise cancellation will be a good idea
If you need to see your participants or your customer wants to see you while conferencing, Zoom will be probably the best such solution on market. If you just need audio conferencing with screen and document sharing, you can find solutions working better for this. Maybe in future this will be addressed and other features will have the same quality as video in Zoom. This will make it the ultimate solution on market.
I don't use Zoom Rooms.
Read Andrey Perepelitsyn's full review
Lauren Dragon-Cook profile photo
January 12, 2018

User Review: "Zoom for the win!"

• Group interaction
  • Recordings of calls
  • Ease of use
  • A free version of hosting webinars that easily integrate with your platforms
Great for one on one consults. Great for recordings and screen shares. Not suited for webinars.
Read Lauren Dragon-Cook's full review
May 18, 2018

User Review: "Zoom - The name says it all"

• Good video conferencing quality and is easy to deploy
  • Lightweight system needs versus skpye lync communicator mean a responsive user interface
  • Can handle large groups and has telcon features not found in some basic business messaging apps
  • Make a longer screen share time for personal
  • improve settings to control auto video chat
  • UI can be a bit difficult to use at times.
Zoom is good to use for remote sessions or multiple sites as well as with remote users outside of our standard office ecosystem such as freelancers, agencies, etc. who need to be part of internal meetings but may not be on skype/etc. It excels for meetings that use both Screenshare and Video. Good for teams in web development and IT, however, Marketing and Sales use cases work as well.
January 19, 2018

User Review: "Smooth Meetings, Zoom is best."

• Zoom is Best for the single user as well as multiple users to broadcast.
  • Zoom is cost-efficient and reliable in terms of quality.
  • As an industry leader, Zoom has moved our organization into the confidence of service delivery at its best.
  • For payments, multi-currency must be required.
  • There are possibilities for improvement in UI and UX.
  • More flexible plans would be nice
For multiple users meeting, Zoom is suitable but for the single user, there are many more vendors and freeware products available. I would recommend Zoom Video conferencing for an enterprise rather than a single user. Zoom is our trusted partner for Business conference calls and we use it often for our business needs.
May 01, 2018

Zoom Review: "Great for online meetings"

• Screenshare
  • Breakout rooms
  • Voice recording
  • Sharing recordings
Zoom is suited well in any situation where you need to see people or work on documents together while meeting. If you are only using it to connect via phone or you need to see many screens at once, it might not be ideal.
May 25, 2018

User Review: "Zoom packs a powerful punch"

Zoom is used by our entire organization. So far since Zoom's enterprise-wide implementation, there have been minimal issues. Most issues tend to be the result of user-error. Zoom provides an easy-to-use conferencing capability to any individual who wants to host a multi-user conference with both internal and external participants.
  • High quality audio and video calling
  • Easy to set up any type of hardware
  • Mobile app is top class
  • Some sort of master volume compressor to keep all participants at the same volume level
Zoom is well-suited for any group or large organization looking for powerful conferencing capabilities.
January 22, 2018

Zoom Review: "Setting the Bar for Video in Video Conferencing -- If you need it"

We used it company-wide, but engineering did not adopt it due to compatibility issues on their systems. We frequently communicate with remote customers and colleagues located outside of our main office and needed a way to facilitate reliable video conferencing. We make the most use of the audio and screen sharing functions, though the video function is also used too.
  • Video conferencing
  • Multi-device conferencing
  • Screen sharing
  • Defaults to video first which many individuals do not like
  • Desktop app can be cumbersome, especially on multiple monitor setups
  • Some of the controls are non-intuitive at first (but you'll learn them quickly enough)
Zoom is a solid video conferencing solution for most small organizations. Depending upon the price point, you get features that make it easier to deploy and manage across a large organization. Most startups would probably pick the free "Personal" plan, but keep in mind meetings are limited to 40 minutes. We actually used this as a way to force our meetings to be shorter -- the deadline was helpful. If you need more than 100 participants or more advanced user management, you'll need a paid plan.
January 16, 2018

Review: "Zoom - Great video and sound quality for your conferencing needs!"

Zoom is being used at our organization for internal meetings with remote employees or teams, as well as across our sales and customer success teams for prospect and customer meetings and trainings. It allows us to consistently use one tool across our teams rather than a wide array of video conferencing tools.
  • Zoom's video and sound quality is very superior to other similar products.
  • Their integration into your email calendar which allows you to easily add in the conference link and corresponding numbers is very useful and convenient.
  • Their portal is a bit more robust than similar products, allowing you to join, schedule, share your screen as well as organize your contacts and the ability to chat as well.
  • We have had some connectivity issues with Zoom. Conference calls dropping off, as well as some issues while trying to share your screen.
  • The need to input a meeting ID to join the conference call is not ideal. This adds additional time and steps, whereas other products allow you to join seamlessly as long as you have been provided the meeting link or number.
Zoom is well suited for teams who may have multiple offices spread across different locations/offices. The ability to screen share with teams in other locations is ideal.

It is also very well suited for teams who are high touch with customers or who are often facilitating training of some sort.
January 09, 2018

User Review: "Zoom is the way to go!"

I use Zoom to connect with consulting and coaching clients who I am not able to meet with in person due to distance or timing. Zoom helps with efficiency (reduced travel) and also allows my business to have a farther reach.
  • Great connectivity
  • Very reliable - never any issues with video or audio
  • Easy to use!
  • Nothing to report - everything always works well including the mobile application
For communication and presentations with prospects or clients who are not located close by.
Have not used Zoom Rooms recently - it worked well when I used them over a year ago
January 09, 2018

User Review: "Global Teams thanks to Zoom"

We worked with a team in New York, Boston, Paris and Santiago. Zoom is an essential tool that allows to work everyday as if we were all in the same office space.

The speed and versatility is unique and also the data usage, so there is no real competitor right now.
  • Screen share
  • Multiple participants
  • Data usage
  • Video memory usage
  • Iphone application doesn’t allow to talk like in a “phone”
  • Sending files through the software is complicated
If you are managing teams that are geographically separated this is the best tool ever. But for a one to one call in the same city ia better to have a phone call
Is good to have a room that ia always available
Bonnie Gonzalez profile photo
November 03, 2017

Review: "Zoom has revolutionized my teaching experience."

I personally use Zoom as a tool for teaching seminar material to students. It allows me to use a live format for my instruction, and addresses the problem of reaching students across states and countries.
  • Zoom is an excellent communication tool. It provides me with a way to show material to the students via the screen-share aspect.
  • Each presentation I have I am impressed with the ability to also use a chat box with a variety of functions including sending messages to the entire group or to particular individuals
  • Zoom also allows individual groups to meet and discuss particular problems and then come back to the whole group to present solutions and new ideas.
  • Zoom's ability to easily invite all participants is wonderful. The platform itself is very user friendly!
  • I have not found any problems with using Zoom at all!
My particular use of Zoom is very structured and suits my needs quite well. As for other uses I would image that with any type of meeting or presentation Zoom could be used.
Read Bonnie Gonzalez's full review
Michael Kim profile photo
November 02, 2017

Review: "Zoom is by FAR the best web conference tool out there! It's AMAZING!"

Zoom is being used across our whole organization. It's solving a huge business problem by allowing us to have a reliable web conference that provides extremely clear video during video conferences, while also having very few technical issues.

We have also held webinars with more than 100 viewers. Our customers have rarely had issues joining our Zoom conferences for calls as well. Zoom is used for all of our internal meetings, customer calls, sales calls, etc. It's extremely easy to install and use. It's MUCH better than GoToMeeting, WebEx, Blue Jeans, or ANY other web conference tool out there!
  • It's extremely easy to install and very intuitive to use.
  • The video quality is unparalleled. We've used other web conference tools in the past, and the video quality used to be grainy or laggy. Zoom is awesome, and you'll be very pleased with the video quality.
  • Zoom Rooms are AWESOME for larger companies because you can just walk into your meetings, press "Start," and start your video conference meeting!
  • The Zoom Scheduler Chrome extension isn't perfect. When you make a Zoom meeting from a calendar event, the Zoom meeting doesn't have all of the settings applied to it. It doesn't automatically record to cloud, although my Zoom account meeting settings are set to automatically do so.
  • One or two customers have ran into technical issues with Zoom. They absolutely couldn't install it, and they had to dial in using the conference numbers. Although extremely rare, I guess some computers just can't work with Zoom. It may have been a network issue, but we're not sure.
  • Zoom Rooms can be quite expensive, but absolutely worth it. Smaller companies likely can't shell out the dough for this, however.
Zoom is well suited for mid- to large-sized companies because it helps employees connect with their colleagues who may be located in other offices. In addition, Zoom allows you to hold large webinars or conference calls. It's extremely reliable and provides very high-quality video that can be automatically recorded to the cloud or locally. It's less appropriate for smaller companies because it may be expensive, and may not be as useful since meetings can be held in person.
Yes, we've been using Zoom Rooms ever since we switched over to Zoom. We're extremely satisfied with the Zoom Rooms. However, there have been some technical issues recently with the audio, and we found out that we need to upgrade them. Our CSM notified us that we can get them upgraded for free - we would just need a Zoom technician to come over and upgrade the software.
Read Michael Kim's full review
Steena Brown profile photo
October 31, 2017

Review: "I fell in love with the simplicity and power of Zoom..."

I am a life coach who hosts individual and group video sessions on zoom. Zoom is the most reliable platform I have found that is easy to use for my clients no matter what technology they have access to (phone, computer, etc.). My recordings always come out well and I love that the audio is already split from the video when it downloads!
  • Recording calls is really easy - you can even make it automatic!
  • Clients can join from the Zoom app on desktop or mobile - OR - they can call in from a regular phone line, even internationally!
  • Same Zoom room number every time, so I can create a custom re-direct link using bit.ly or my website that is easy to remember and give to clients
  • I would love to be able to add words/images to the Zoom screen so that the recording would already have a title
  • Keyboard shortcuts or a way to flip between screen sharing and not screen sharing quickly would be really nice for presentations
  • When my Zoom files save they just have the date on them, I'd like to be prompted to name the file folder immediately after the call is ended so I don't have to hunt down the correct date afterwards
If you're looking for a reliable video call platform, especially for groups, Zoom is a clear winner! I can't think of a scenario where Zoom is less appropriate for use. The upgrades that are available for Zoom for livestreaming and webinars make Zoom functional for a variety of needs and sizes of businesses.
No, I only use my main Zoom room functionality.
Read Steena Brown's full review
Corey Calder profile photo
October 31, 2017

Review: "Zoom is zooming past the competition :)"

Zoom is being used across our entire organization. We initially bought it for our sales and customer success teams, but since we have other departments often engaging with others, it was an easy decision to expand to almost everyone at the company except our development team. We also have leveraged Zoom for Webinars, but it most often is used for one-to-one meetings with customers or prospects.

Zoom helps us connect easily with customers on a conference line. We can either view the other individual with the camera or just use voice. We also have the ability to easily record the call or demo so we can send them a link and review it later. It is a conferencing platform with a lot of options to solve various needs and also is cost effective.
  • Easy to join the conference line for all attendees. A simple hyperlink brings a viewer into the conference line.
  • Solid connection. I've used several different conference lines and while none has been perfect, Zoom has proved to be very reliable. When there are issues, it's often wifi or network issues on either side, but it's far more rare than the platform issues I'd see with other providers.
  • Options. Zoom lets you use video, screen share, talk, record, chat. It has all the options we were looking for and also at an affordable price. We love the options as it helps us get value for various types of meetings whether internal or external. Other platforms provide just audio and no video or ability to record visuals. Zoom provides it all and is also competitively priced.
  • Value for the price. To get all of these features with other platforms, you have to pay a premium and the software also feels clunky and isn't in an enjoyable UI.
  • Direct line for each rep. With UberConference I was able to have a unique direct line that recipients could call and not need to put in a pin or meeting ID. It was easy for me to join and easy for others. I loved that. Zoom uses general lines and then requires you enter a pin and a participant ID. It takes a few steps to get into a line.
  • Hold music. Zoom doesn't provide hold music, just silence. I also loved this about UberConference. Not only could you have hold music, you could upload your own songs. I had this great Italian song that a lot of people loved and enjoyed. Silence is pretty bland. This might be available in a more premium package, but I'm not sure.
Zoom is great for sales, customer success, support, marketing or any engagement taking place from one location to another via teleconferencing. It fits great for demos that you need to record or want the ability to when asked. It is great for internal meetings as well when you are at different locations. Zoom also has an app for mobile devices so you can easily join or start a meeting on the road.

Zoom isn't as great for quick, simple meetings. It can take a few minutes to get a meeting started and others joined.
Read Corey Calder's full review
Joan Hughes profile photo
October 31, 2017

"A Coach's Review of Zoom"

I use Zoom for all coaching sessions with my clients. I also use it to speak with prospective clients.
  • I appreciate the video and audio quality of Zoom meetings.
  • There are lots of features that I love about Zoom. It's great to be able to screen share, turn off video if desired, make recordings of meetings, call in from a phone, and much more.
  • I got the Pro account so that the length of meetings is unlimited.
  • Zoom is great for group meetings, as well. Sometimes we have people from all around the world on the same call, and being able to see who is speaking is a real bonus. It's also possible to assign somebody else as the host if I have to leave the meeting unexpectedly.
  • I'd like to be able to remove my image box during a recording, when I'm using Zoom to record a video.
  • I think that the audio quality when screen sharing a video could be improved.
I use Zoom exclusively in my business for group calls and for coaching sessions with my clients. Zoom is perfect for my purposes, since it permits people to either call in by phone if they're away from their computers or participate by computer. It also allows those who prefer not to be seen to turn off their video. I find that there is a much better chance of people getting to know one another through Zoom calls, where most people can be seen as they participate, than on conference calls.

The audio and video quality are excellent. Screen share is a real bonus. And calls can be recorded. This means that I can also use Zoom to make videos for training and marketing.

There's a lot more that I could say. I highly recommend looking into Zoom. It has a lot of features that I haven't even started to use. So you'll want to check them out.
Read Joan Hughes's full review
Tim Brownson - Life Coach Trainer profile photo
October 31, 2017

Zoom Review: "Simply The Best Video Conferencing Service I Have Ever Used"

I use Zoom to train other life, business and wellness coaches on a weekly basis with usually between 10 and 12 people on a call all using the camera so we can interact easily. I also now use it as my preferred method of meeting with clients and even doing consultations.
  • Zoom is incredibly stable. In 3 years of using it multiple times per week it has never failed me for any other reason than I had a poor Internet connection.
  • Zoom is also very easy for clients to use as all they need to do is click on the link and there's no need to download an app.
  • The screen share facility is also very easy to use and provides a lot of benefits.
  • It would be cool to be able to adjust screen size for the person leading the process so it is obvious to everybody on the call.
I originally signed up for Zoom just take over from GoToMeeting for my training sessions, but I never realized the benefits of using it to work one-on-one with clients. It's so easy to use that I do not have to worry about non-techie clients getting confused and it is way more stable than Skype.
Don't use.
Read Tim Brownson - Life Coach Trainer's full review
Kelsie Hamilton profile photo
December 05, 2017

User Review: "Zoom- Always comes through"

We chat with a lot of non-profit organizations overseas. We first started investigating video conferencing services when security in China became more and more challenging to us, trying to reach our partners. Within the organization, only the program team uses it regularly, as they're most often in contact with our partners overseas. We had been frequently using Skype (and I still use that on occasion), but we wanted something more robust, with better connectivity than Skype, which is where Zoom entered the scene.
  • Screen Share
  • Polls
  • Internet Connectivity
  • Shifting between screen shares
  • Video Conference ID is sometimes difficult for people to locate and connect
  • Some of the interface can feel a bit outdated
It's well suited if you're on a call with more than a single person. And especially if you're worried about Internet connectivity on either side. I haven't experienced any challenges with Zoom there. It's less appropriate if you're using it like once or twice a month (not worth the price) and/or if you're only calling with one person at a time.
No, I don't use Zoom Rooms yet.
Read Kelsie Hamilton's full review
Kristi Holmes Espineira profile photo
July 28, 2017

Review: "Zoom lives up to its name! Speedy, high-quality video communications!"

I used Zoom in my previous position as a freelance social media consultant, and when I moved into my current role, I introduced Zoom to the school where I work. We have used it for parent education webinars and for video conferencing. On the parent ed side, it helps us offer high-quality programming that parents can access from home without the hassle of having to find child care. On the conferencing side, it helps us collaborate with our colleagues on our sister campus 40 miles away.
  • Great connectivity and clarity of video and sound
  • User-friendly interface
  • Easy screen-sharing
  • Sometimes the log-in process can be confusing for new users
Zoom is great for video conferencing with colleagues or clients. We find it helpful when we need to share visual information (such as planning our website redesign) because the screensharing function is so robust. Zoom is also good for presenting small webinars; I have not used it for large groups so I can't speak to that.
Have not used Zoom Rooms.
Read Kristi Holmes Espineira's full review
Dr.Dave Hillis profile photo
November 14, 2017

Review: "If you don't have Zoom on your team....Your competitor that wins already had it!"

Zoom had literally transformed my practice! The global stage is now my outreach and marketing demographic. I am able to offer coaching, counseling, and therapies online through Zoom’s platform. The most exciting aspect is that I am able to offer Hypnosis Sessions Live through Zoom!! I am able to use the screen sharing feature to pipe in the hypnosis music during the live session; able to “Lock” the meeting which is their session for HIPPA compliance; and its recorded so they get a copy of their session. The integration for such an amazing format is spectacular and robust with functionality with out much technical skill needed to deliver stellar presentation and sessions for my clients and students! LOVE LOVE LOVE this incredible tool for my practice!
  • It still makes me shake my head at how robust this format is and all the features it provides for such an insanely affordable service/expense for my business!
  • The ongoing training and rescourses that Zoom offers for the success of all its users is impressive! Never have I felt more supported with a product and confident that any concerns will be addressed swiftly and effeciantly!
  • The product for webinars is pricy for a small business owner...if that could be adjusted for small business that would be a huge benefit and not only myself but many global clients I have would begin using that format as well, if the price was adjusted.
Zoom is a terrific complement to quite a few aspects of my business. I use it for consultations for clients globally, I use it for workshops and classes, and I use it to deliver distant hypnosis sessions for clients.
Read Dr.Dave Hillis's full review
Richard A. Germaine profile photo
November 10, 2017

Review: "Zoom speeds up my meeting opportunities"

We use it across the entire organization. It enables us to bring together at the same time our various regional directors from different parts of the country. In doing so it saves us significant amounts of travel expense, etc.
  • One of the things it does very well is allow screen sharing so that we can work on the same materials at the same time.
  • Another thing it allows is for us to build relationships far more effectively than any other means except in person. It is prohibitively expensive for us to fly all of our regional directors to the same location more than once a year.
  • I'm not sure this is a Zoom issue, but one of the problems we periodically have is sound distortion. The only way we have been able to cope with it is to have everyone mute their mike until it is their turn to speak, or until they want to say something.
  • When using screen share with multiple choices I find that when I have finished a YouTube video presentation I want to go back to another element of screen share, such as a document, it is difficult to find precisely where to shut down the one presentation so that I can pick up immediately with the document on screen share. This might be more a YouTube issue, as it happens to me most of the time when I'm coming off a YouTube presentation.
Zoom is well suited for our particular situations, which is that we have regional directors in several different states. In order for us to meet together periodically, there is no better tool than Zoom. It also seems to work well whether some of us are on PCs and others are on iPhones, etc.
Read Richard A. Germaine's full review
Sandra Irwin-Lockie profile photo
November 10, 2017

User Review: "My Love for Zoom!"

I use Zoom weekly, my business is only me! It addresses geographical challenges and allows us all to come together from a great distance.
  • Brings people together easily & it's free for those attending my meetings.
  • Allows me to record and share my meetings with those who couldn't attend.
  • Allows me to share PowerPoints etc., with the shared screen, again, very easy!
  • I am pleased with how it works!
  • I haven't found a time when it wasn't well suited.
  • One other person, a group of people, even just me making a recording that I want to share to my team at a later time!
  • It has been and is a great asset to my business.
Read Sandra Irwin-Lockie's full review
Christine Guenette profile photo
November 02, 2017

Review: "Zoom simplified my meetings with people from all over the world"

I use Zoom at every level of my business, from meetings with collaborators, to recording interviews, to meeting with clients. Zoom helps me connect with people from all over the world.
  • The connection is reliable, stable, and seamless - even when I can't control the quality of the internet connection of those I'm connecting with.
  • I love how easily I can record calls with audio and video.
  • Zoom is easy to use and straight forward. It tales no time or tech expertise to set up.
  • When recording calls, and sharing screens, it isn't always clear what is being recorded and how.
  • With multiple folks on the screen, I'd like to be able to choose whose image is enlarged (even if they aren't talking)
  • From the widget installed on my desktop I would like to more easily access the share link to my personal meeting room.
Zoom is professional and easy to use, I recommend it for most people. However, since it does require you to install a plugin, or an app on your phone, there may be cases where those you are trying to connect with may be unable to participate with video.
I use my personal meeting room for most meetings with collaborators and clients. It is simple and reliable.
Read Christine Guenette's full review
Rocky Kev profile photo
November 02, 2017

Review: "Working remotely? Zoom is a must - hands down."

Zoom is a part of our business. We are a remote company, and we use Zoom and Slack to keep our team connected. From meetings with the team, working with our clients, to training and troubleshooting with our customers... Zoom is our go to tool. We cannot go back to Skype.
  • Web conference
  • Group meetings
  • One-on-one meetings
  • Screensharing
  • Clarity when there's network issues (not enough info when there's a network issue)
  • Mobile app is terrible
  • Web chat is bare bones. It resets for new people joining
  • Signing in takes about 30 seconds
If you need to chat with someone remotely, Zoom is it. You give the other person a link, and in less than a minute - you're talking. So many of our customers and clients now use Zoom because of how easy it is.
We use different Zoom rooms for each department. We have a ops room, a course room, a education room. We also have a family room for those quick one off meetings.

We also use breakout rooms for our students to separate a large group into smaller brain teams.
Read Rocky Kev's full review
Gina Rodkey profile photo
October 31, 2017

User Review: "Zoom: the better alternative"

I am the host for a weekly virtual show. There are approximately 300 in our group of Accountants, Bookkeepers, IT consultants and other professionals that support small businesses. We usually have anywhere from 6 to 20 members join us each week. We started our weekly meetings using Google's YouTube live, "Hangouts." We had technical difficulties almost every week, and it never got better. I was introduced to Zoom by a colleague, stopped using Hangouts and started using Zoom. I used the free version for several months, and liked it so much I purchased the Pro Version. Technical difficulties are very rare and usually associated with a poor internet connection. I record our weekly meeting and then upload the MP4 to YouTube and publish. I often copy the chat text if there are web links to the items discussed during the meeting and post in the comments.
  • Technical difficulties are very rare.
  • Very easy to use, even novices will be up and running in a very short time.
  • I love the ability to toggle between speaker view and gallery view. I can see the current speaker highlighted when talking - good for demos or use the gallery view to show everyone in the conversation, good if we are all involved in the conversation.
  • I would like to see the names of participants or be given the option to show the names in the recording. Currently you can only see the names while in the Zoom meeting.
  • I would love to have frames around each of us. I do like the background option but would like something more like the "lower third" in the Google Hangouts.
  • I would like to see auto shut off. Sometime I may have to leave early and would like to be able to walk away and have the meeting close after 1 hour. I know there is the ability to have another host, but I am talking about a more automated solution.
  • I would love to be able to integrate Zoom with Facebook events.
In my field of work, we are often consulting with clients and sharing our screen to show an app and how it works. I can give QuickBooks lessons with my client and record them so my client can reference what we talked about later. Being able to record lessons is the main reason I recommend Zoom to colleagues.
I do not use Zoom rooms but would like to try them when the occasion arises.
Read Gina Rodkey's full review
Sam Tackeff profile photo
October 31, 2017

Review: "Zoom makes me excited to wake up in the morning."

I use Zoom daily as the primary video communication platform with clients, leads, and peers. I use a variety of different ways: 1-1 conversations, team meetings, and webinars. As a user, I'm also using Zoom daily in interactions with other companies.

It's a better alternative to other video conferencing and webinar software; is easier to use than competitors, has clearer video quality, and is simple to send a link to clients for a 5-second download. I don't have to worry about platforms.
  • Scheduling 1-1 meetings with clients is simple. Google calendar integration is useful. Additionally, I use the PMI line daily to send to people for very quick meetings and conversations. Conversations are always better face to face!
  • Zoom's webinar capabilities and screen sharing are both best in biz. Quality is unbeatable, and the software is easy to use even for non-technical folks. And it looks nice!
  • Customer service is stellar. Incredibly quick responses, excellent team attitude. Willing to help even the every day user.
  • For people new to zoom the "turn on video and audio" at the beginning of a call is still a little bit mystifying for some. I don't think that's really on zoom though.
  • As a host, I'd love to be able to keep other's video off even when I'm not using webinar versions. There are a few use cases where light webinar features would be useful.
  • I need to dig into the scheduling; but I'd love to be able to send attendees an email reminder both an hour in advance and earlier in the day automatically in order to reduce no-shows. Currently I do this in Google Calendar manually.
I recommend Zoom for almost everything. It's SUCH GREAT SOFTWARE. I use it for conventional and unconventional things - making great how-to videos, screen sharing, etc. I'd love to be able to stream live to social as a general user rather than with add-on software, but I understand that Zoom needs to make money.
Read Sam Tackeff's full review

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.