Zoom Reviews

Christine Austin | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 30, 2019

Zoom, The Speedier Solution to Web Conferencing

Our entire organization uses Zoom to meet both internally and externally with clients or other peers. It's been ideal for us due to its ability to also allow for calling in for anyone who is not near a computer. Since we also organize webinars and occasionally need to go live on Facebook, having the webinars add-on, rather than using an entirely separate platform, is convenient.
  • Ability to change between different types of views, hiding yourself, etc. is really ideal depending on the type of meeting setting your in.
  • Screensharing and annotations make it easier to get everyone following along to what you're talking about.
  • Waiting room functionality is great for overlapping meetings - no more awkward interaction between your next meeting participants jumping in while you're finishing up with your current.
  • Easy to switch between different mic/speaker inputs you have - clearly labeled within the platform.
  • I wish the software notified you when people on your call are having connectivity problems. This might help mitigate the issue where participants ask others if they can hear them or not.
  • Wish there was a very quick onboarding process for those using Zoom for the first time - I find folks are a little confused when I have meetings with those who have never used the platform before.
  • For those with free Zoom accounts - I wish the counter was in view the entire time of the meeting, rather than just the last 5 minutes or so.
Zoom is a fantastic all-in-one web conferencing solution for those looking to have different participant viewing options and screen sharing. Depending on your computer, Zoom can tend to drain your laptop battery pretty fast, even in a 2 hour meeting. So I advise having a charger on hand. Otherwise, the platform seems to have minimal problems.
We currently don't use Zoom Rooms.
Read Christine Austin's full review
John Whelan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Great quality, easy-to-use video conferencing platform

Zoom is used for one-to-one or group meetings between our team who work remotely. It is also used to speak with relevant stakeholders, buyers, suppliers, and people who support our work. Apps like WhatsApp are also used, however, we find that the quality of the call and video can be better.
  • Easy to join a conversation.
  • Great signal, specifically in Peru where other platforms might drop the signal.
  • Better integration between Zoom and Airtable.
  • Limit of 40 minute meetings on free plan.
Zoom is well suited for group meetings and group work. Also for one-to-one meetings with team members or relevant stakeholders. It's also useful if you don't want to share your phone number to chat for example via WhatsApp, the meeting can take place via Zoom with just email/meeting ID, etc.
Read John Whelan's full review
Tanish Pruthi | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

We Use Zoom To Conduct High Quality Video Calls. It Is An Indispensable Tool For Us That We Use Every Day!

Zoom is ubiquitously used in our organization by every department for various purposes. I am a customer success manager, so I usually use it for two main purposes-i) Whenever I want to cross-sell or upsell, I use Zoom to give demos of new products that our existing customers might find interesting and pay us more for it, in addition to the existing services of ours that they are already using. ii) I use Zoom to have general sync-ups with my clients whom I am servicing. I also use it to discuss existing projects or issues with teams that are located in different states within India. It solves the problem of communicating with clients with whom a face to face meeting is not possible. Zoom is, of course, a well-known name in the industry, and thus, people are comfortable with having video calls using it.
  • Zoom has a very clean and beautiful interface, which is quite intuitive. Even a client who is a new user of Zoom quickly gets acquainted with it, and thus, there is no time wasting in teaching them about how to use the service.
  • I like the webinar feature. Sometimes, I have to provide product training to a lot of team members of a client. Here, conducting webinars helps. I usually record it and share it with them afterward so that they can go back to it if they have any doubts. The way they have managed the main screen, all the participants that are present and the chat window is beautiful.
  • I love it how smooth the video calls are no matter how low the internet bandwidth is.
  • I wish there were an option for theming the whole platform. Even though the interface is clean and intuitive, it can sometimes be a little dull and boring.
  • The font really needs to change. It is quite archaic look wise.
  • The windows app has a lot of unused white space. It would have been much better if the app was compact.
Zoom is the most suitable when yours is a SaaS business and you have clients all over the world. Instead of wasting time and money on having face to face meetings, it is much better if you have high-quality video calls. But, if you want to create personal relationships, of course, don't compromise meeting your client in person.
Read Tanish Pruthi's full review
Ann M. Frank | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2019

We just implemented Zoom and our team loves that it's our Go-To

We use Zoom for conferencing and presentations internally, with remote employees, and with customers and vendors.

It is suggested as our primary product and we recently underwent company wide training.

However, we will default to other similar platforms if our client or vendor has a different preference or default.

• Conference calls - seamless and great quality if originating internally and domestically.
  • Sharing screens for presentations.
  • Ability to communicate with remote staff.
  • We have found it to be a bit wonky with international calls.
  • Maybe a connectivity issue on the remote client side on occasion.

Remote staff and vendors, domestic calls, presentations.

Less ideal internationally, we've had some connectivity issues.

Not yet, but some of our staff have and have found them to be useful.
Read Ann M. Frank's full review
Christine Gonnella | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

Zoom breaks down the barrier of technology in classrooms!

Faculty are using it for classes and meetings; staff are using it for meetings to bring people in remotely and to record; students use it in classes and for group projects.
  • 25 attendees show up on each screen, my faculty LOVE to be able see all the students in their classes. It's one of the main reasons we use Zoom.
  • Breakout rooms is the other big reason for using Zoom in our classes - they are a great instructional tool!
  • It just works!
  • Chat should be in one central location.
  • Recording in breakout rooms!
  • My faculty and I lose the Zoom windows all the time! I'd love to see a fix to that.
We love Zoom for teaching synchronous classes and engaging students - Zoom removes so many barriers!
We find that we do not use Zoom unless someone is joining a meeting or a class remotely.
Read Christine Gonnella's full review
Dmitry Pashkevich | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 10, 2019

Best-in-breed videoconferencing solution that is robust and scalable

We recently began transitioning from Google Meet to Zoom Videoconferencing and Zoom Rooms company-wide. We were happy with Google Meet for a long time, until we started running into problems:
  1. Google Meet imposes a limit of 25 participants per video call and we started hitting it as the company grew
  2. Google Meet started crashing unexpectedly during the conference, especially when someone starts sharing their screen
We started looking for a more robust solution and Zoom was at the top of the list because of its reputation in the industry. We still use Google Meet and Slack calls for one-on-one meetings, but now almost exclusively use Zoom for group meetings.
  • Very high video and audio quality.
  • Nice little features like automatically muting your microphone when they detect feedback.
  • You can see videos of other participants in a small floating panel while you're sharing your screen so that you can gauge their reaction while you're presenting.
  • Video recording: important for training sessions, tech talks, all-hands.
  • Plenty of configuration options. I appreciate the option to automatically record all calls.
  • Exciting features coming in the future like clapping and other reactions during a video call.
  • Unlike Google Meet, it requires you to download an app and/or a browser extension to operate.
  • Second-class experience on Linux.
  • Costs extra money, although the cost seems justified for a mid-size company.
Although I think it works perfectly for all teams and individuals and is the best-in-class product in the industry, the cost may not be justified for small teams or teams who don't use videoconferencing a lot. However, if you have remote employees or do a lot of sales/support/consulting/recruiting over videoconferences, you will likely get a lot of value from Zoom, and the product will scale nicely as your business grows. They're constantly improving it, the product evolves much faster than the competition (e.g. Google Meet, GoToMeeting, BlueJeans, etc.).
We're only beginning to adopt Zoom Rooms. Overall it's fairly robust and we're pleased with how well the product handles multiple participants, as well as support for various hardware (no hardware vendor lock-in), but we occasionally experience issues with hardware being disconnected/iPad rebooting to install updates. Must be part of the learning curve though. We will likely upgrade our meeting hardware in the near future which will eliminate some of these pains.
Read Dmitry Pashkevich's full review
Austin Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 05, 2019

Zoom's Open-Device Platform Enables us to solve ANY Unique Meeting Issue!

We currently are deploying Zoom as our overall meeting software solution and a replacement for our complicated Polycom, GoToMeeting, Webex, Skype, and Vidyo mix of meeting solutions. We are also exploring the possibility of using Zoom Phones to replace our old Cisco lines. As time progresses we will be building more collaborative spaces, but for now we only deploy standard Zoom Rooms.
  • Zoom makes things incredibly simple to manage from a single touch device, this can sometimes be so simple that our users coming from Polycom are over-complicating it's interface.
  • Zoom's open device platform allows us to shop around for the best solutions to incredibly specific use-case meeting rooms. No matter the issue we have always been able to solve it with out of the box solutions.
  • Zoom's responsiveness in helping with or developing solutions for integrating with external systems makes their support incredibly easy to work with and the platform as a whole much easier to adopt than traditional meeting solutions.
  • For lack of better words, Zoom's interface is rather unconventional, which makes it harder for users who are resistant to change to adopt the platform. Despite the interface being easy to use and very navigable, we find users are resistant even if it is an easier platform because it looks different from all other applications they use on a daily basis.
Zoom's open-device platform makes it incredibly easy to find a solution for even the most unique use-cases, this makes it incredibly easy for us to sell those who are less inclined to change about the new experience's Zoom can offer.
We have noticed, coming from older and more "App-Based" platforms, people don't understand the concept of Zoom Rooms and so they attempt to use their laptops instead of the room itself, or use both and cause audio feedback until the laptop's mic is muted. This is entirely a user issue and can be resolved with training, but the concept of Zoom Rooms is so new to our employees that they are having difficulties understanding how and when to use Zoom Rooms.
Read Austin Jones's full review
Michelle Braun | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 01, 2019

Zooming along with Zoom

Zoom allows our geographically-dispersed workforce to meet virtually in real-time. Also, record meetings for those who are not able to attend is useful.
  • I really like the mobile capabilities for Zoom; it's nice to be able to choose whether to attend a meeting using my laptop or my mobile phone.
  • When I'm using the mobile app to connect, I like that Zoom calls me - so I don't have to try and dial a number when I'm driving.
  • I love the "1 click" integration with iPhone (i.e. I just click the long dial-in number and code link and automatically get connected to Zoom.
  • The interface on my laptop isn't as user-friendly as it could be. Zoom always splits into 2 separate windows. It would be nice if all the functionality were contained in 1 window.
Zoom's great for virtual meetings. Unfortunately, we're not able to use it for webinars - as it doesn't integrate with our LMS (Learning Management System), the way we need it to for compliance training (e.g. accurately port the Learner attendance and their answers to each polling question).
Yes. Each conference room is different. Sometimes you can just click a button and the meeting starts, other times/rooms you have to dial a code. I'm not sure what causes the difference in Zoom Room access.
Read Michelle Braun's full review
Joelle Waksman | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 31, 2019

How can you have a meeting without Zoom?

It's being used by the whole organization. 3 different departments use it individually for work:
- Customer success for onboarding/check-in calls
- Customer support for troubleshooting calls
- Sales for demos and enablement calls
- Product for user research calls
However, the entire company has accounts as we use it for any and all conferencing. We also use Zoom Rooms!
  • Zoom Room screen sharing is awesome. Once you get the hang of it, so easy to use.
  • Integration with Calendly
  • Transcription services
Well suited: any business meeting, phone call, meeting, etc.
Love it!
Read Joelle Waksman's full review
Sarah Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer

I gotta Zoom it to ya!

We are using Zoom primarily for meetings and lecture capture. The School of Pharmacy has two campuses--one in Oxford and the Medical Center in Jackson. Zoom is building a bridge to overcome our distance issues. We have faculty who can remotely join class sessions on either campus, reducing our cost for travel and lodging. We have students who can remotely join courses when issues prohibit them from being in the classroom. We have visiting contributors from other universities, industries, and medical centers who share their expertise. We meet with collaborative Faculty Learning Communities using Zoom. We connect with students to support academic growth through tutoring sessions live, remote access, and on-demand. We literally use Zoom for all Committee Meetings, Search Committee interviews, and training and development sessions. Zoom is everywhere in our organization.
  • Easy to use-Click New Meeting and Share Screen on the Zoom app, and lecture capture happens.
  • Searchable transcripts are essential and close to accurate.
  • Zoom listens to us. Thank you.
  • Zoom is easy to add users and manage who is Pro and who is Basis on a day by day basis, if need be.
  • Classroom features: attendance, flag content, annoymous chat (Q & A), and audio/video chat: think combo platter of Echo360 and VoiceThread.
  • Pre-schedule auto record, auto download, and auto upload to LMS--full educational integration
  • Connect with any and every audio/video--like Apple mirroring
Phenomenal for meetings, tutoring, training, and collaboration on documents/ideas. Difficult to uses seamlessly with an LMS.
We wanted to set up our classrooms as Zoom Rooms but ran into difficulty because we would have so much variety of content sharing. It was disappointing that we couldn't make it work. (yet)
Read Sarah Campbell's full review
Marguerite Cogliano | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom Meetings

Zoom is being resold and used at my company. Zoom is the answer to driving efficiency and making the most out of virtual meetings. The collaboration tools are essential and help employees across the country work as if they were at the same desk.
  • Collaboration
  • Screen Sharing
  • Increased participant visibility
  • More online tutorials
  • Historical status tracking
Well suited for multi-office companies, teleworkers, and anyone who directly interacts with clients. Zoom is a fantastic tool for coaches, therapists, and trainers to provide virtual service while still giving clients an in person feel.
Read Marguerite Cogliano's full review
Brayan Alvarado | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zoom just works!

Right now we're using it across the entire organization, for meeting remotely, and even for sharing on all of our Zoom Rooms. We no longer use HDMI cables within our rooms, we simply use screen share.
  • Meetings are easy to create and run on a daily basis, extremely user friendly.
  • Their support team is really helpful when we have any issues.
  • Customer Success team truly invests with our organization.
  • One of the issues we still face today is sharing video to a broader audience, for example webinars. We always have a problem when sharing it.
It's hard to say where it's not well suited, because I've been in 2 companies where Zoom was used to its full potential. I was at a small company of about 250 users, and everyone loved it. Including the company I am at now where it's 1700 employees.
It helps people find rooms quickly, to see whether or not they're available. It helps people be more productive and waste no time trying to find a room.
Read Brayan Alvarado's full review
ANIKA SINGH | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Undoubtedly best video conferencing software

Zoom is the best video calling software which combines the sharing of content for personal as well as business meetings. Zoom software can be used worldwide with ease of access . It is easy to understand and can be used with already linked Google account. The interface of zoom is unbeatable with Hd video as well as audio calling feature.
  • It is the only software offering their users HD videoconferencing and audio calling feature . Zoom can work on multiple platforms with different operating systems and mobiles.
  • Zoom participant can join the meeting and conversation for free, at one time more than one participant can join. Users can even use screen sharing features which is undoubtedly amazing.
  • Zoom usage is free and the customer service is very good.
  • The dashboard is difficult to navigate and can be made better. I wish there could be pop up notification feature as we are unable to notice if any chat is missed.
  • To make video call there is always a good internet connection required. After 40 min of free use it is not free, users have to pay an amount.
  • For any additional feature users have to pay expensive charges and the technical support is also limiting.
Zoom is very simple and easy to understand webinar software. It offers online business meetings , personal calling and mobile services into one collaboration system. The cloud sharing feature is very great. For any ongoing meeting with a good internet connection users can hold the call.
Read ANIKA SINGH's full review
H. Alexander Bustos | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Ditch the rest and save yourself the headache; Zoom is the VC King

At CZI, it is being used across the entire organization. It is the highest used platform as it solves one of our most crucial missions, which is to connect users so that they can collaborate in solving some of society’s most complex issues in the areas of medicine, education, and justice reform.
  • Video and Audio calling is clear, fast and problem free.
  • Coordinating and scheduling meetings with others
  • Inviting users outside of org
  • Customer support really cares
  • Patches are sometimes half baked and can sometimes cause issues/break functionality
  • Chat could be improved so it operates more like Slack
It is well suited for video conferencing. Ditch the rest (Hangouts, Highfive, Cisco, Polycom) - Zoom is seamless with very little overhead to get things running. Hardware agnostic so not tied to any one type of device.
Seamless and simple. Can’t speak enough of the high quality calling that Zoom Rooms provides, the ease of use and the ease of implementation. As the AV builds program manager at my organization, I am so happy to work with a product that is almost as simple as plug and play.
Read H. Alexander Bustos's full review
Patricia James-Boatner | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

Who's Zooming Who?

We are an educational institution. We use Zoom for meetings and online teaching options. We have also used Zoom for interviewing prospective employees.
  • Sharing your computer screen makes it so much easier to troubleshoot problems.
  • Being able to invite participants into meetings in real time, while the meeting is going on.
  • The ease of use for clients. The learning curve is very low. Most clients are able to have meetings with no training needed.
  • Zoom is very reliable.
  • When more than one Zoom Room comes into a meeting, it would nice to be able to confirm which one was going to be the host. Right now it is whichever Zoom Room comes in first is the host.
  • If your iPad does not have the correct version, you should not be able to enable green screen mode. Once they check that, they cannot un-check it.
I love going into a meeting and being able to share my computer screen. It is so easy to explain and teach with this procedure.
I love that you can automatically start Zoom Room meetings when you put them in the calendar.
Read Patricia James-Boatner's full review
Amanda Carpenter | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Zoom - A great way to include all in meetings.

It is being used throughout the entire organization for meetings. It has been used for users who cannot attend a large meeting or conference, but also for one-on-one meetings when two people cannot be at the same campus. This helps to cut down on travel times for many employees, as it's not always possible to be a several campuses to attend meetings in one day.
  • It's user-friendly, easy and intuitive to use if you're already pretty tech-familiar.
  • It comes up as it's own window, so you can be attending the meeting and at the same time bring up any documents you'd like to look at during the meeting, all on your computer.
  • It also has a chat feature, so if, for instance, the sound isn't working on someone's end, you can still communicate that to the other people in the meeting.
  • I think an alert somewhere that tells you if your speakers are not turned on would be helpful. You may have the sound on in your Zoom meeting, but if you're speakers are not on you may not realize why the sound isn't working.
Working at a community college, with multiple campuses, it's a great tool to connect those who cannot be in the same place at the same time. Especially for virtual campus members. Some professors do not even live in the same state, so it's a great way for them to "meet" their colleagues and feel more included.

Nothing can replace face-to-face communication, however, this is a great alternative when that just isn't possible.
Read Amanda Carpenter's full review
Ananya Gautam | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 19, 2019

Meeting At Your Convenience!

This software is a great and popular choice for web Conferencing. It comes with a user-friendly interface that helps in collaboration and maintaining an effective business relationship.
  • It helps in conducting live video chats and access to meeting analytics. We can easily share the screen during a call.
  • The recording feature is helpful in saving. It gives great access to in-depth support like live help, online chat, phone support, FAQs.
  • It comes for free and we can add 100 participants in a video call at once which is one great feature.
  • Sometimes managing sub-accounts becomes a bit difficult.
  • The dashboard could be made better for PCs.
  • The host box is seen on the upper right side which can move or minimize in meeting mode.
  • Overlay controls are unlikable, as they get in the way of recording.
It's a great software that allows creating MP4 and MP4 recordings throughout the meeting and offers Google Chrome and Outlook plugins. The SSL encryption is an awesome feature.
Read Ananya Gautam's full review
Rajesh kumar Bharti | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 19, 2019

Best of the best cloud-based video calling software

Zoom is very unique, with all the intuitive features present, even in the free edition. The platform is very straightforward and simple to understand for company meetings and video conferencing.
Important feature updates are easily available on Zoom.
Zoom is very useful, and the most widely software used until now for webinars and conferencing.
  • Zoom is an online based best video conferencing software capable of combining meetings and sharing content.
  • The best part about this software is that it is supported by android, ios, Mac, and Windows as well.
  • Zoom offers great free edition features for its users.
  • To add videoconferencing to your company, it also offers a feature called Zoom Rooms.
  • I wish there could be a warning feature when accidentally two Zoom meetings are scheduled.
  • It is not totally free, as you have to pay after 40min of use.
  • Sometimes call or meeting recordings don't show up or download.
  • A pop up feature or notification should also be there if we miss any chat.
Zoom is very useful in personal meetings. The best part is that more than one participant can be added at once.
Another useful feature is the integration with Google Calendar and Microsoft.
Read Rajesh kumar Bharti's full review
Doug Blankenship | TrustRadius Reviewer

Unified Collaboration That Just Works

Zoom was deployed at Moffitt to address communication and collaboration needs for the organization. Zoom features include instant messaging, meetings and collaboration, Zoom Rooms, and webinars. There are many use cases that we have applied across the organization and continue to find additional areas that we can improve workflow and communication in the environment.
  • Zoom is simple to use and deploy. Users quickly adapted to the zoom client and immediately said the solution improved their day to day activities.
  • Zoom Rooms have improved our ability to share content and collaborate with teams across conference spaces throughout the organization.
  • Webinars have improved our ability to provide training and recordings to end-users and teams.
  • Auditing of the admin roles. Logs for functions the admin performs such as IM performing searches for IM chats.
  • Ability to perform IM chat audits and see the images in of screen captures in the chat audit (i.e. images or files).
Zoom is well suited to provide large or small scale meetings with internal, external, or a mix of meeting attendees with the ability to share content and chat within the meeting experience. Zoom provides better collaboration for mobile users by providing driving mode or full ability to hold meetings when on a mobile device. Zoom is well suited to provide chat capability with searching by keyword or phrase.
Zoom Rooms have been a game-changer for us. We have 158 rooms and adding an additional 88 rooms over the next two quarters. As we evaluated Zoom Rooms, we needed a solution that was easy to use, implement, and provided improved collaboration with internal and external recipients/attendees with a simple way of sharing content, Zoom Rooms was that solution. We have found other ways of incorporating Zoom Rooms into workflows that added additional value with improved workflows.
Read Doug Blankenship's full review
Ashu Kumar | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Zoom --A very versatile web conferencing software

The zoom software is packed with amazing features, controls, and abilities. It is very useful in personal computers, conference rooms, and daily meetings. The ease of use and multi-platform removes all compatibility worries. Recording of meetings is very simple, and now it evens records audio files.
  • Zoom offers acceptable easy video conferencing features for business or family meetings with the webinar add-on. The Zoom interface is nice to go directly to the website.
  • Another amazing feature is that I can link it to my google and yahoo account as well.
  • As compared to other tools, it also includes up to 100 participants in video conferencing.
  • When starting, the system is currently quite slow, which causes files to take a long time to be transferred.
  • To make video call or video conferencing it always requires a good internet connection.
  • Another big drawback I will mention is that it only accepts PayPal electronic wallet, which I'm not using currently.
Zoom is a very brilliant piece of software with time management.
Zoom allows its users to expand with excellent collaborations features.
After the free version, the user has to pay the same amount, which is a drawback.
Read Ashu Kumar's full review
Derek Brifu | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Zoom is the best, forget all the rest.

It's used for video conferencing across the entire organization. It addresses conference needs.
  • Training Videos across multiple sites.
  • Leadership Meetings across multiple sites.
  • Video Interviews.
  • Offsite events.
  • Helps with Work From Home Users.
  • The mobile app needs work.
  • More options are needed on the Mobile App, like resizing shared screens.
  • The raise hand feature should highlight the person who's pressed the button.
Zoom has been a great replace for Skype Meetings. It's very user-friendly and intuitive. I would like the mobile app to mirror some more of the features of the pc application.
Zooms Rooms are great for collaborative work and training. They have been a huge help in communicating across multiple sites.
Read Derek Brifu's full review
Antra Bharti | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Almost A Second Office For Me!

It is the most stable platform which is widely accepted and very easy to use and integrate with. These services are designed to promote collaboration and working and business relationships by connecting with users via video and voice features.
  • With the simple Zoom add-on we can download into our personal Outlook to make scheduling meetings easy.
  • Every employee has their own account and unique login ids . Their customization options are great to use. It easily gets integrated with Google Calendar.
  • It allows for scheduling the meetings in advance orto send an invitation from the software itself.
  • The least likable thing about this software is their overlay controls. They can get in the way of recording.
  • Their support could have been a little better. The action bar while sharing a screen is a bit cluttered.
  • The text chat feature should be improved. Text messages are not saved if you end the call .
  • It required more significant integration with G Suite and Office 365.
It is a great help in team collaboration and maintaining business relationship via various communication modes.
Read Antra Bharti's full review
Richard Nandlal | TrustRadius Reviewer

Zooming into the future.

We are in the test phase of using Zoom. Currently, we have an international group using Zoom and they love it. They have had issues in the past with getting everyone together on a voice call that was stable. They were able to set up Zoom in minutes and everyone was able to join with audio and video in no time. That group actually decided to purchase Zoom and will be using it going forward. We as an entire company are still figuring out if we will go full-on with Zoom or not. But coming to Zoom's conference has helped us clarify a bunch of hurdles we had issues with and to better understand the way each Zoom product works.
  • Ease of use. The ability to get into a meeting within seconds.
  • Small client that installs fast. It doesn't take up much room and I don't have to configure numerous settings after install.
  • Ability for the system to recognize my connection and adjust to my environment.
  • Being able to use my existing phone system to place calls from the Zoom client.
  • A con was having the camera active on all calls, but that has been fixed now.
I love the fact that I can join from my cell phone or computer and have the same experience and options. Makes it easy so I don't have to search for something I know is there, but can't find, like other applications that work on both a PC and phone but have different options depending on the device you are working on.
Read Richard Nandlal's full review
Julio Pereira | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

Zoomify yourself: It really works great!

We are using Zoom Video across our global offices with 60+ zoom rooms. It brings people together to collaborate and build a culture of inclusion.
  • Simple to install and configure
  • Consistent and reliable
  • Zoom listens to its customers
  • Great partnership
  • More reporting and analytics
  • Additional licensing tiers
  • PSO can be more customer dedicated and responsive
Our Zoom Rooms have been the biggest success. ZoomPhone is now the solution that will have even greater success.
Easy to use and reliable. Consistent experience regardless of the size of rooms or differences of equipment. Some of the PSO engagement have over-engineered which resulted in costly rooms.
Read Julio Pereira's full review
Danny Lim | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

Awesome

We are using Zoom Room. Zoom is new to my company. Currently, we have about 200 users. In the past, we used GotoMeeting but we want to replace it with Zoom in the coming year.
  • Ease of use
  • Zoom for Microsoft
  • Zoom Phone
  • Zoom presence synchronization in Outlook
  • Provisioning using Azure AD group
  • Simplify the upgrade on the desktop client.
How does Zoom suit in Microsoft Teams "Meeting?" It looks like an overlapping functionality in Teams.
The biggest challenge of Zoom Rooms for us is user training.
Read Danny Lim's full review

High quality audio (592)
High quality video (594)
Low bandwidth requirements (524)
Mobile support (1)
Desktop sharing (587)
Whiteboards (372)
Calendar integration (524)
Meeting initiation (578)
Integrates with social media (226)
Record meetings / events (549)
Slideshows (391)
Live chat (493)
Audience polling (303)
Q&A (342)
User authentication (415)
Participant roles & permissions (465)
Confidential attendee list (326)

About Zoom

Zoom
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:

Zoom Video Webinar
Zoom offers a Video Webinar option supporting unlimited audiences viewing live with presentation engagement tools like group chat, dual screen support, live broadcasting to YouTube or other platforms, polling, and other features supporting streaming webinars and virtual events.

Zoom Rooms
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.

Zoom Phone
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.

Zoom Features

Has featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Does not have featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing
Has featureMobile Screen Sharing
Has featureVideo Breakout Rooms
Has featureScreen share video with audio

Zoom Video

Zoom Product Overview Video -- Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.

Zoom Integrations

Slack, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Pardot, Zapier, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, LTI Canvas, LTI Blackboard, LTI Moodle, LTI Desire2Learn, Kubi

Zoom Competitors