Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGZoom-TimeI use Zoom in many contexts within my consulting firm. I use it for Committee Meetings from within the Professional Organizations of which I'm a member. I also use it to collaborate with colleagues from across the country and more directly, I use it with high school students who cannot get to the office for our meetings! It's a fantastic tool!,I love the feature of sharing your screen to collaborate on documents or projects. I love the messaging feature from within a conference call. It's great to have it feature all participants on the screen at once!,Limited time for non-subscribers. Sometimes unstable. Freezes on occasion,9,Makes me more accessible.,I do not use this feature.,Web conferencing made easyZoom is used across the organization for internal communication and collaboration and external client meetings/presentations.,Easy to start/schedule and log on/dial into a meeting. When external users click on link, they are quickly added to meeting. Time is saved by not waiting to download software or, even worse, unable to join the presentation. Screen sharing and changing presenters is very intuitive and seamless to avoid unnecessary pauses and delays in the meeting.,Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Very easy to use and use it several times a day.,9,Definitely more productive meetings with clear audio/video and less delays in getting everyone online.,WebEx Meetings, GoToMeeting and SkypeZoom Meetings FlyZoom is used for all of our web meetings both customer facing and internally to connect our East and West teams. Zoom is lightweight and always works. The cost is cheaper than using WebEx or GoToMeeting.,Lightweight platform Great quality audio Webinar page setup Ease of use,10,Cheaper than GoToMeeting and WebEx. Easy to setup reoccurring meetings. Great for webinars.,Webex and GoToMeeting,LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SlackUse Zoom for easy collaboration across the GlobalZoom has been used for our inter-departmental meetings. It is a great collaborative tool and helps us interact better when we can see and talk to each of the participants. It has also helped us to take a call at anytime anywhere without having to look for a phone or cell phone. It has immensely helped me during my work from home days when I can easily set-up calls and be part of the discussion.,Video and audio call Desktop share Easy access and set up Clear connection,I wish the video didn't turn on automatically at the start of a call.,8,Improved collaboration,Have not used Zoom Rooms,Quick Review of ZoomI use Zoom to conduct meetings, webinars and coaching sessions. I am a one-person company and do modeling, training and meta-coaching.,The video and audio work well It is easy to schedule a meeting. Sharing computer screens,I could use a user guide to give to people whom I want to talk to via Zoom. Sometimes they are not aware they can check their audio and video, and I need to explain how via chat. The webinar version is too expensive so I have not used that yet.,10,No data,,MindManager, Evernote
Windows, Linux, Mac

Filter 563 vetted Zoom reviews and ratings
Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP profile photo
October 26, 2017

User Review: "Zoom-Time"

• I love the feature of sharing your screen to collaborate on documents or projects.
  • I love the messaging feature from within a conference call.
  • It's great to have it feature all participants on the screen at once!
  • Limited time for non-subscribers.
  • Sometimes unstable.
  • Freezes on occasion
It's great for corporate meetings when all parties cannot be present in person.
I do not use this feature.
Read Mark Cruver, M. Ed. CSA, CEP's full review
Ryan Mullinax profile photo
September 19, 2017

Zoom Review: "Web conferencing made easy"

• Easy to start/schedule and log on/dial into a meeting.
  • When external users click on link, they are quickly added to meeting. Time is saved by not waiting to download software or, even worse, unable to join the presentation.
  • Screen sharing and changing presenters is very intuitive and seamless to avoid unnecessary pauses and delays in the meeting.
  • Nothing comes to mind at the moment. Very easy to use and use it several times a day.
Very well suited for formal meetings and presentations.
Read Ryan Mullinax's full review
Christopher Fago profile photo
August 04, 2017

User Review: "Zoom Meetings Fly"

• Lightweight platform
  • Great quality audio
  • Webinar page setup
  • Ease of use
I used Zoom for a webinar campaign and it allowed me to create a great landing page with a company logo.
Read Christopher Fago's full review
Anitha Damodar profile photo
June 20, 2017

Review: "Use Zoom for easy collaboration across the Global"

• Video and audio call
  • Desktop share
  • Easy access and set up
  • Clear connection
  • I wish the video didn't turn on automatically at the start of a call.
It's well suited for remote access calls, when a team is spread across various locations.
Have not used Zoom Rooms
Read Anitha Damodar's full review
November 13, 2017

"Quick Review of Zoom"

• The video and audio work well
  • It is easy to schedule a meeting.
  • Sharing computer screens
  • I could use a user guide to give to people whom I want to talk to via Zoom. Sometimes they are not aware they can check their audio and video, and I need to explain how via chat.
  • The webinar version is too expensive so I have not used that yet.
It is good for everyday meetings and for coaching sessions. I have not used the webinar version yet.
November 08, 2017

User Review: "Zoom, Zoom, Zoom"

We currently work remotely 3 out of 5 days a week so it's important for us to communicate with our team members efficiently. We use Zoom for everything from production meetings to screen sharing when troubleshooting team member problems. Zoom really covers a gap when it comes to telecommuting and ease of use.
  • Ease of use
  • Integration with 3rd party e-mail clients
  • Low lag video conferences
  • Clean interface
  • Works across broad range of devices (mobile, desktop, etc.)
  • It just works, I can't think of anything that I would want to change or any missing functionality.
Like I said earlier we use Zoom for everything from large production meetings to one on one team member meetings. The part that I love about it is that you can start without video or turn your video off during the call and the muting for those rare occasions when your kids forget you're on a meeting.
November 07, 2017

User Review: "Make your business boom with Zoom!"

We use Zoom across the entire organization. Monthly calls are held for multiple committees and also to broadcast our in-person meetings to remote audiences.
  • Screen sharing
  • Video of multiple attendees
  • Recording
  • Identifying audio lines with background noise
We are a small nonprofit company and use Zoom for all internal meetings as well as those with our clients
November 03, 2017

Zoom Review: "Hands down the best conference app out there"

We have a small church but we outreach to people from the west coast and east coast who follows our discipleship and Sunday’s worship services and everything it’s done throughout Zoom Video conference. Our services are different because of the interaction that we have. We have members from Washington State, North Carolina, ORLANDO FL, Puerto Rico, Porto Alegre, Brazil.

This application it’s been a blessing on every aspect. Thanks for providing such a great tools that connects us no matter the distance.
  • Discipleship, interaction
  • Follow up on people even if they are o\in another state or country
  • Outreach over the video conference
  • Screen sharing is not intuitive
  • Attendees on room email, should also have an option to send text message to an stores cellphone for the notifications.
  • Screen where shows a circle with the inside text says “Done Speaking” it should be like keeping press for several seconds before stopping by touch, sometimes I use a cellphone connection as a mic and put my smartphone on my pocket and it keep stopping my connection.
Discipleship’s interaction, outdoors conferences people not able to hear me well.
I always use the room, it’s the way that I have people that logs in before we initiate our meetings
November 01, 2017

Review: "High Praise for Zoom Video Conferencing Platform"

We have been seeking ways to become more effective and efficient in internal communications and have tried out a number of video communications platforms. While infants in the use of the Zoom platform, we very quickly see the potential for this software to solve many of our current communications problems. Most recently, we held a number of training sessions spanning a radius of 1200 KM. Normally we would have brought the 40 participants to a central location. Zoom has saved us untold hours and the costs of travel, meals, accommodations. In return, we received solid video connections and excellent audio communications. The record feature is an essential element for us. Following our meetings we can distribute the record of meeting to include those who were unable to attend. Even more exciting is seeing the potential for even more creative was in which this platform will benefit us.
  • The invitation to participants in an on-line meeting couldn't be simpler. Schedule a meeting and the Zoom platform creates the contact message and copies it to the clipboard ready for you to send out to your contacts via e-mail or from your Zoom contact list. Seamless is an apt description.
  • For participants who have difficulty connection through their computer or those who do not have a computer, the Zoom platform has phone numbers as part of the message to connect to the meeting using phone audio. Participants are active within the meeting.
  • The tools - Whiteboard, make host, share screen, remote control, mute/unmute microphones, raise hands, polling, chat and record session are essential elements easy to learn and manipulate to make your on-line meeting flow smoothly.
  • We have only just begun to explore the possibilities of using Zoom. Suggesting improvements at this stage would be disingenuous. Our comments are based on our early experience with this technology. No doubt there will be features that we would like to see improved or modified in some way. But, to do so at this stage would be misleading.
Zoom is well-suited for on-line meetings with persons who are not entirely comfortable with using technology and the Internet as an active video communications tool. It took very little effort to make participants comfortable with this platform and to teach the essentials, room lighting issues, and mute/unmute.

We are currently exploring using Zoom as a tool for connecting two churches for a joint worship service.
We have not yet experienced the use of Zoom rooms. It is on our list of things to explore.
October 17, 2017

Review: "Zoom Made Video Conferences Great Again!"

We use Zoom across our company; some users have the free version, some users have the paid version. If we have people who go on long online meetings, we get them a paid account so they won't be kicked out of their session after 45 minutes. Zoom is used for remote client meetings, which require screen sharing, passing the control of screen, and recording the online meeting.
  • Connecting and testing sound (microphone test included) are super simple unlike its competitors; where you can't test a mic and will find out after connecting that people can't hear you.
  • The screensharing and passing the control to someone else is super simple.
  • Zoom is great for recording meetings. I've worked with other platforms where the recorded material is either in a non-generic format, or it has to be recorded on the cloud and you'll run out of space sooner rather than later. Zoom gives you some options: sound only, with video. Then you can choose to record it on your laptop or keep it in the cloud. I've had meetings for an hour and was able to easily send sound only ma4 files via email to participants who couldn't attend. It's very user-friendly.
  • If you aren't logged into your account and you are hosting a meeting, when you follow the link to join the meeting, the system says: wait for the host to start the meeting. A simple link that says "if you are the host, login here" would save a lot of hassle and panic if you're late to your own meeting.
Zoom can be used for any business meeting, including internal meetings where a presentation needs to be saved to be viewed later. It is also great since the free account also allows meetings up to 45 min if you will be done quickly.
October 17, 2017

Zoom Review: "Great for face-to-face collaboration!"

Zoom is being used across the organization of around 20 people. Our team and clients are often distributed across the country/world and we run a lot of meetings on the phone. If possible we like to do meetings face-to-face so Zoom allows us to do that when we can't physically be there.
  • I like the way that Zoom allows you to see the faces of all the people in tiles during the call and you have the flexibility to minimize them and change the view.
  • As well as video you can also share the screen which is particularly helpful to remote meetings where you are presenting with a slide deck.
  • Setting up a meeting in Zoom is self-explanatory, so it makes it easy for new team members to get started in the tool
  • You have to download a program to start using Zoom which is a little annoying if I am using a different computer and I don't factor this in before trying to start a meeting.
  • It's hard to use on a phone if you haven't downloaded the app and got everything set up properly.
  • I wish they offered an option where you didn't have a conference meeting ID the way uber conference does, it would make dial in much faster.
Zoom is well suited to organizations where you have a remote team or do a lot of client meetings with people in different locations. It's not good if you are a mobile user as the mobile functionality is clunky and hard to do in a pinch. It is also not good if you are using different computers regularly as you have to download it for each machine before you can use the software.
No, we do not use Zoom Rooms
September 21, 2017

Zoom Review: "The best video conferencing tool out there!"

We use it for all our internal and client meetings. Since we're a remote team, we need reliable tools to keep everyone connected and up to speed. It's also imperative that our client meetings go smoothly - no interruptions, no lagging video or sound etc. It's also great for presentations, screen sharing and taking over someone's screen.
  • Quality of video and sound is excellent.
  • A gallery view is a perfect option for teams. Zoom allows users to be all shown during the call on their videos, making the call personal and engaging.
  • Screensharing and presentation mode are a great way to avoid any obstacle caused by distance or remote working.
  • Zoom webinars could be better. The system is a bit hard to use and not very easy to set up.
  • Sometimes it glitches and doesn't want to connect to your Google calendar.
It's a great tool for virtual meetings, presentations, and get-togethers. We use it for internal purposes and for all our client meetings. The process is smooth, it integrates with Google calendar and it's easy to set a meeting up. Once on the call, the quality is great and it has some cool features like screen sharing, taking remote control over someone's screen, presentation mode, and even backgrounds - in case you work from home or some other setting.
I don't think I'm currently using Zoom Rooms.
August 11, 2017

Zoom: "Excellent way to collaborate!"

We use Zoom for webinars and other events where we connect media with research institutions. We also use it to keep our international remote team connected. It is being used across the whole organization in different departments. We wanted to offer webinars and bring people together, and Zoom is a great tool.
  • Excellent customer service. Their team is always responsive and attentive.
  • Very easy to use and aims to think ahead offering different ways to join the meeting (phone, smartphone, PC, tablet).
  • Very intuitive and non-tech people friendly.
  • We would like to have a report of all the hours per account
  • Ability to add the personal Zoom room as a contact and be able to join in one click in the same room
  • Having the opportunity to add or remove sounds from alerts in the chat
Zoom is an excellent tool for organizations who wish to host webinars, keep their teams close together, collaborate with colleagues. It might not be the best option when you have a lot of other 'heavy' software running as it tends to slow down the computer. We have to always have it on and I had to delete a few other programs.
It is quite effective and easy to use, as we host a weekly event and we are able to use the same Zoom room each time. This creates consistency and makes it easy for our recurring clients to join the events and also for our staff to be connected in one 'staff room'.
August 02, 2017

User Review: "Moving from Webex to Zoom"

We use Zoom for group meetings, especially monthly staff meetings which involve staff all around the globe. We have around 200 core employees spread over 5 continents. It enables us to interact in a more visual manner with remote staff and is also lighter than WebEx from a broadband perspective.
  • Visual contact with remote meeting participants
  • Light use of broadband/wifi
  • Visual wall of meeting participants
  • The connection sometimes lags or freezes
  • It's obviously reliant on people having webcams
  • The wall of participants can only accommodate a fixed number of screens
I think the best scenario is if Zoom is being used by an organisation that is geographically distributed and where staff members are sometimes situated in a remote location. It allows the participants to maintain a minimum of visual contact, even for people on the move, e.g. business trips.
August 01, 2017

Review: "Zoom - a great web conferencing platform"

Our entire organization uses Zoom for web conferencing, both internally and with clients. Many departments use Zoom for regular internal meetings where there are remote employees. It is also used with the video conferencing system in our meeting rooms for larger group meetings. We needed a more reliable web conferencing platform so we could integrate with other tools/systems and provide both VoIP and phone audio options to users.
  • The user interface is easy to use and work with.
  • The scheduling feature is simple and easily syncs with your preferred calendar tool.
  • Multiple audio options and video quality is great.
  • Integrating with Marketo to host webinars is a pain.
  • Some of the default settings are unexpected and may cause some on-boarding issues.
Zoom is a great tool for organizations that require a simple yet powerful video conferencing platform for remote teams. Its fast and easy to host and join meetings, along with screen sharing and chat. The only drawback with using Zoom for client meetings is that many do not already have the software installed, so it may take longer for users to log in to their first meeting.
November 21, 2017

User Review: "Zoom is efficient to use!"

I absolutely love the ease & efficiency of Zoom. I currently use Zoom for meetings of up to 10 people.
  • The strengths of Zoom is that it is efficient & easy to use.
  • Being able to record is very beneficial!
  • I love the share screen feature.
  • If I go over by a few minutes, it would be nice to be able to end my own meeting, rather than the meeting ended for me because i went over the designated time.
  • When internet is unstable, the screen freezes.
  • It would be nice if the recording could be a smaller size to upload on Facebook immediately, rather than having to compress it with a different program.
Zoom is well suited for meetings & tele-therapy sessions. If there is an extremely large group, Zoom may not be as appropriate.
Very satisfied.
July 28, 2017

User Review: "Zoom: Easy to Use, Easy to Connect"

We schedule all of our client meetings and internal meetings using Zoom Software. It is integrated into Gmail (our primary email service) as well as Google calendar. The zoom plugin allows for easy dial in information to be placed in a calendar invite. It's pretty simple!
  • Ease of Use
  • Integrations with Slack, Gmail and GCal
  • Stability
  • International Phone Numbers are complicated and not varied
  • Initial Learning Curve
If you have multiple clients in different time zones and you don't want to waste time or pay for international call fees then use zoom. It is good on both the desktop and mobile app versions and my entire company uses it for internal calls as well as client facing calls.
TJ Ruff profile photo
June 07, 2017

Zoom Review: "Best of the 4 Solutions I've Tried"

Zoom is the most recent web meeting product that we've turned to after reviewing/vetting/using three different solutions over the past 2 years, and we've found Zoom to be our favorite. Amongst the other products we either subscribed for or tested were JoinMe and UberConference - and at a previous company, I used GoToMeeting for over a year as well. Overall, we feel Zoom to be the superior product in the web meeting space.

We use Zoom throughout our organization and for different roles; sales, customer success, and marketing all use Zoom (though marketing uses Zoom for their webinar functionality predominantly, and that has served us quite well).
  • Zoom has been the most stable of the solutions we've tested - our sales team operates globally, and with solution like JoinMe and UberConference (smaller companies, to be fair), we've just had major issues. Zoom has been the most stable of the products we've used by far; I feel it is on par if not superior to the reliability/quality of GoToMeeting, and much more established product in the space.
  • Zoom does a superb job of giving control to the presenter - the presenter has numerous options available to them, beyond simply sharing their screen. It's easy to mute someone else's microphone when feedback occurs, or to share control/hosting rights with others. You can even lock a meeting to prevent others from joining prematurely.
  • Lastly, Zoom offers reliable recording, something that UberConference specifically lacked and what caused us to ultimately migrate to Zoom. It's clean, simple, and works exactly as expected.
  • Video on by default - Zoom assumes that by default, you want to connect with your webcam. It assumes that those calling in/using Zoom for the first time want to do so as well. It has created some embarrassing situations for some who weren't aware their cameras were on by default. This has to be turned off by a setting.
  • Heavier footprint - you can't use the Zoom service for screensharing without downloading something. That was one of the best things we found that UberConference had going for it, since it didn't require a download. Occasionally, those we work with are prohibited from downloading new software like this, so we're out of luck to meet with them unless they have their own preferred/approved solution. This is definitely an occasional irritant.
  • Requires Internet/Data Connection - without paying to upgrade for a personal conference line, you must "start" a Zoom meeting in order for participants to be able to call in... there is no bridge that exists that attendees can simply dial into and be good to go, without a host first "starting" a meeting, which requires either an internet connection to do so via a laptop or a data connection to do so via a phone. This has been surprisingly frustrating, and upgrading to a personal conference line was prohibitively expensive.
Zoom would be a very good fit for any/all internal company meetings, and seems to have been designed with this use case firmly in mind. When all attendees already have the Zoom package downloaded and their settings customize to their needs, it would seem to be an effortless solution and very reliable.

Where Zoom can be frustrating is meeting with external parties who may or may not have security policies preventing them from downloading a package like Zoom requires. Still, Zoom is popular/large enough that this is a rare occurrence.
Read TJ Ruff's full review
Mike Hlavac profile photo
May 01, 2017

User Review: "Zoom - Straight forward!"

My organization has development and IT operations staff between 3 different remote offices, as well as several users who work from home. We use the agile methodology with one of the core tenants being that there is a daily standup with all team members attending. Zoom is the communications service of choice that allows for distributed teams to collaborate using open standards protocols on hardware with multiple monitors to show both the attendees, a presentation and still hear audio. For users who don't have a reliable internet connection, phone dial-in for a meeting is also available. Zoom is primarily used by the IT group but is also gaining traction with the executives, HR and legal teams who also sometimes require the use of remote communications.
  • Service quality. If you have a sufficiently fast, reliable internet connection, the Zoom video conference service is rock solid.
  • Ease of use of the "Zoom Rooms". Users just click a button on an IPad mounted on the wall, and the Zoom hardware initiates the call.
  • Use of open-standards based technology. Zoom can be used with Polycom hardware, Zoom Rooms, Cisco, Lifesize hardware, etc.
  • Zoom rooms do not support calling outside of the Zoom network.
  • Unable to disable some services. We don't use the Zoom chat (there are better alternatives out there), but you can't completely disable it.
  • No automatic updates on the Zoom desktop client. You have to remember to go in and check the software for updates.
Zoom is well suited to facilitate meetings between remote locations. All you need is an internet connection (2 meg or more up and down is ideal), a camera and a computer. The client is simple to install within common browsers and in organizations where ADFS or other SSO providers are available, SSO makes provisioning accounts (free or paid) super easy.
We have two Zoom Rooms - one in the Portland office and one in the Boise office. The users absolutely love them. Buy quality components (microphones, cameras, TVs) and they are simple for the users to use. The use of Zoom Rooms also will enable us to not be tied in with any hardware vendor to add additional codec support that is added in the future. Maybe it's a video card upgrade, memory upgrade, camera upgrade, but the option to change any one particular component while not upgrading the whole system is very valuable.
Read Mike Hlavac's full review
Kara Rhodes profile photo
February 16, 2017

Zoom Review: "1000x better than flying across the country"

We are a small business consulting firm. We use Zoom to meet virtually with our clients and prospects. Before Zoom, we used to travel across the country to meet with clients face-to-face. Now, we can just fire up a Zoom room. It has saved us a considerable amount of travel time, hassle and money.
  • Reliable video quality. This was the deciding factor for us.
  • Integration with Microsoft Outlook makes scheduling meetings easier.
  • Ease of use. Our clients can just click the link and join our meeting. No downloads, even on mobile.
  • Continue to focus on video quality, especially when participants have poor bandwidth.
Zoom works well for us (a 3-person consultancy) and our largest client (a $100 million software company). It really fits most scenarios.
Yes, we have one Zoom Room. It works phenomenally. We use an iPad to fire up the meeting and dual monitors to see both the shared content and video screens. My boss really likes that the Zoom Room displays his scheduled meetings for the day. It keeps him from having to dig into his Outlook calendar.
Read Kara Rhodes's full review
Alex Jankila profile photo
February 16, 2017

User Review: "Why You Should Be Using Zoom"

As a company, we now use Zoom for our online phone systems, inter-company meetings, and conference calls, as well as for remote meetings with clients. In my position, I also use the Zoom Webinar add-on to conduct several webinars per month with a large number of clients in attendance. As a web-platform company with clients spread throughout the world, the features Zoom provides make it extremely easy for our employees to connect with clients in all capacities.
  • The quality of the calls and video is excellent with little to no connectivity issues.
  • The webinars are very easy to manage with the extensive list of features and has drastically improved the quality from what we were previously using.
  • The interface is easy for even our non-tech savvy clients to navigate without issues.
  • In all honesty, I haven't come across any areas that need improving. All of the features I use in my daily routine work exceptionally well.
For online calls or meetings, I feel that the quality is superior to other platforms, with excellent reliability. And for group meetings or webinars, the webinar add-on service exceeds every expectation I could have. It's incredibly easy to add panelists, share screens, control attendee participation, as well as record the entire session without issue. I would absolutely recommend Zoom to anyone looking to host group meetings or webinars without any hesitation.
Read Alex Jankila's full review
Emma Richardson profile photo
February 08, 2017

User Review: "Zoom in Education"

We use Zoom in the K12 education arena. As a BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services), we support 21 school district across the eastern plains of Colorado. It is primarily used for providing content to high school students (shared teachers, college classes, etc) but is also used for administrative meetings, teacher professional development, special education services, and general meetings. We have over 38 Zoom Rooms that are placed throughout our coverage area in the local high schools. Zoom replaced Polycom and Cisco as our main video networking equipment/service provider.
  • Ease of use is definitely off the charts. Training is a piece of cake. Even our most technology challenged users start using Zoom with minimum intervention.
  • Multi device connect-ability. I brag that I can connect anyone to a Zoom conference within 2 minutes - Asides from occasional sound connection issues, I don't think I have been proved wrong.
  • Sound and picture quality.
  • While Zoom has been working hard on adding features to the remote management side, it is still lacking in this area. Most of our zoom rooms do not have adults in them, just high school students, that we do not want messing with the system. The controls that are being added are excellent but are limited to the host of the meeting which we should be able to claim as an Administrator for the account. The first Zoom Room to join a meeting is automatically made the host and this causes a lot of issues. The UI for the remote management is scattered all over the website - it needs to be consolidated into one area or at least have links from the Dashboard that take you directly to a Zoom Room device management page, or the meeting settings and end button.
  • On premise support. For those of use that use on premise meeting and recording connectors, it is hard to get any support when something is not working correctly. Many of the new remote management features are not working correctly with corp meetings. New updates need to work across all platforms.
  • It would be nice to see a feedback area for Zoom where customers could see other customer's feature requests and vote on them. This would be a more efficient way of giving the customers a voice with Zoom development and updates.
Ease of use really makes it suited for all scenarios.
Yes, see previous comments.
I will add that we would like to see the following added to Zoom Rooms that we now have in the basic desktop client: Chat (ideally something where individuals in a zoom room could use a phone to just connect to the chat session and nothing else). Whiteboard functionality - it would be a great feature if the mac that is running the zoom conference could also be used for content sharing/whiteboard functionality without the need for a second computer.
Read Emma Richardson's full review
Glen Koopman profile photo
February 07, 2017

Review: "Zoom web conference service, offering the best tool to meet anywhere!"

Zoom for us is deployed frequently alongside other software when meeting with clients. It is one of our many could tools we consult on and support for our clients; quickly and easily allowing our clients of all technology skill levels to host, manage and join meetings. With several of our clients having staff in many geographical locations the ability to create video conference rooms and meet seamlessly with people on the go via their smart phones has been an added bonus.
  • Meeting with anyone. Cross platform - Mobile, Mac, PC clients find this to be the most useful item in the zoom features list, it is accessible and simple for them to set up and run these web meetings with all of their offsite staff regardless of location.
  • Content Sharing Through OneDrive and Dropbox are key to the majority of clients we consult for.
  • Highlighting the current speaker - this feature is extremely useful in large meetings. It's nice to know who is talking!
  • Connectivity with existing client equipment such as Polycom and Cisco with H.323/SIP. This has been straightforward to deploy and saves clients money on new hardware when conference rooms need a refresh.
  • Touchscreen implementation for an organic whiteboard feeling. Engineer & Architectural clients love annotating and marking notes during presentations, this has given our clients (with touch panels) a great experience.
  • The pricing category. I'd like to see a middle ground between 'free' features and the 'pro' package for smaller firms that group meetings often - time limits being the biggest issue (ROI is still great out of the gate).
  • Some clients have mentioned an increase in the cloud storage size with a zoom subscription for meeting recordings, these smaller firm clients have lengthy meetings and feel online storage (less steps to offsite) to be a better option. (However offline recording is also possible and done well.).
  • Zoom has had a hard time knowing who initiated a video meeting if both users try and do so at the same time; easily remedied with minor planning.
  • Most clients find the instant messaging features lackluster vs. existing software and tend to use those other services more frequently vs. zoom. This might be isolated to our client base but it is something to note.
  • To be honest, all of our clients using Zoom have been extremely happy with the majority of feature sets. It covers call in call out conferencing, video, conference room setups (with existing hardware), new technology like touch panels. It includes intuitive interface options for screen sharing and multiple displays and supporting the software for our clients has been simple and straight forward solutions which are all well documented on their support page.
[It's] well suited for all things regarding getting people together collaborating with onscreen content or even webinars of more than one presenter. Entry professional users looking for free meeting software should consider this platform over 'home' versions of major IM software like Skype. Professionals and teams should definitely take a look at Zoom for its ease of use factors and great feature set (Zoom Rooms).

This software is not appropriate for home users looking for a different chat software to use with the family. It also does not make coffee for you.
Some of our client base had previously deployed H.323/SIP systems and integration was straightforward and a welcome change to other solutions. With simple integration these same clients are able to use touch panels intuitively improving their productivity.

As a solutions provider setup is simple and well documented and we have not run into any issues, our clients feel the technology is accessible and have had great experiences across the board.
Read Glen Koopman's full review
Ken Yoshioka profile photo
February 06, 2017

User Review: "Zoom: For business, for the classroom"

Zoom is the official web conferencing solution for the University of San Francisco where faculty, staff and students have access to a Pro Zoom account to host meetings. On the business side, it is used for department meetings all or some members are off site and need to remote in to attend. Faculty are using Zoom in the classroom for mixed face to face and online classroom. Faculty are also using the service to host online office hours, especially valuable for adjunct faculty who do not have an office to meet with students. Students are using Zoom to meet as small groups and to record presentations for class, especially graduate courses, where presentation time during class is difficult to schedule. Staff are using Zoom to provide a way for the USF community to attend events, workshops and training if they cannot attend in person.
  • The video quality is fantastic, providing consistent for the participants. Very few issues with drops in connection and most times it is not Zoom at issue but the network.
  • The software is very intuitive and easy to use-no browser compatibility issues with plugins-the software is straightforward and easy to setup but provides powerful tools to schedule and manage meetings.
  • The recording feature provides a great way to not only archive events and meetings but to share, either as a link or as a downloaded file.
  • For the online classroom, the breakout rooms are a great way to have small group discussion with the ability for the faculty to drop in on the various rooms to sample the work being done in each group.
  • Better integration with Learning Management Systems like Canvas to join meetings right in the Canvas interface.
  • Perhaps one feature that may not be possible is the ability to connect two webcams and have a multi-camera view For instance, one on the speaker and one on the audience).
For meetings it is unmatched in simple-to-use but powerful tools for web conferencing. For the classroom and for large events, it is more challenging to set up to produce consistent audio and video for a smooth experience for those online.
We have two Zoom rooms for evaluation but no data in yet as of its use.
Read Ken Yoshioka's full review
Stefan Scherbik profile photo
February 01, 2017

User Review: "Zoom is a New World Video Platform"

Zoom is used by the majority of our support staff, and is starting to be used by our field employees. This includes a few hundred offices, involving around 2500 regular users. Its greatest strengths are ease of use, reasonable cost, powerful encoding technology, end-to-end encryption, and one of the richest feature sets of any video conferencing platform. Notable features include cloud recording, support for legacy equipment, on-prem, and cloud, baked-in virtual backgrounds, polling, breakout rooms, whiteboards, file sharing, and best of all, a fully integrated conference room system. We use it for team meetings, recruiting, telehealth, executive meetings, company webcasts, outreach, chat, and one-on-ones.
  • Features! See above for its rich feature set. It's so easy to onboard users onto the platform because it's easy to get them excited about all the ways Zoom can help them. My users are buying popup greenscreens left and right because they're so excited about Zoom's Virtual Background feature, for instance.
  • Integration. The best example of which is Zoom's full integration with the Kubi robot. This robot is a tablet mounted on a swiveling stand which can be controlled remotely through Zoom to be able to look all around a room. My company uses it for telehealth purposes, and my team in particular uses the robot for video shoots in which we need a quick and easy remote shot of a crowd or event. We even have someone using Zoom and a Kubi to remotely monitor an empty front desk and greet guests who walk into the building. Few (if any) platforms can boast integration with such pioneering technology.
  • Price. Zoom is very reasonably priced to be sure. Not only are we saving by using it instead of other, more expensive video platforms--we are saving thousands in other, less measurable fields. Since the inception of Zoom at my company, travel costs have dipped significantly (because most managers and directors are more inclined to use the reliable Zoom platform to communicate, as opposed to traveling between offices). We were also able to almost eliminate several costly teleconferencing services. Ironically, full video meetings with high-quality VoIP audio are significantly cheaper than traditional phone-only teleconferences. Lastly, this may be anecdotal, but there is a perceived increase in productivity since Zoom allows more direct team communication than was previously possible.
  • While very good for what it is, the Zoom Room solution for conference rooms has some flaws. We have just over 30 of these rooms throughout the company, and issues with connectivity are a bit frequent, and this is likely due to the fact that it uses two consumer devices (a PC or Mac plus an iPad) which require a constant connection for the platform to work. Many may find it easier to support a conference room system involving one mini PC running Zoom (reminder, Zoom is available for Linux on PCs as well as Windows and Mac) and a simple wireless keyboard/mouse to control the meeting, instead of using a Wi-Fi connected tablet.
  • I would personally like to see even more cross-platform integrations on the part of Zoom. For instance, Facebook Live is a powerful new outreach platform, and would be even more powerful if it could sync up with Zoom. Imagine starting a Facebook Live broadcast through a Zoom Webinar room and reaching hundreds of followers with full video. Virtual Reality is another growing technology. I actually found it possible to stream a virtual reality video through Zoom by using Zoom's Screen Share feature for Android. By mirroring an Android phone running a VR app, I was able to broadcast a 360 video in a standard Zoom room so that other Android and iPhone users could view through Google Cardboard. But this is more of a workaround than a baked-in feature. Something like a "Go VR" button which converted your video to a stereoscopic mode, or that enabled VR streaming through consumer VR cameras like the Ricoh Theta, would be truly amazing through Zoom. (UPDATE Jan 26, 2017: Zoom recently announced support for Facebook Live)
I believe I've made clear so far the situations in which my company has found Zoom useful. We had evaluated many platforms before arriving at Zoom, and two years ago they were a fraction of the platform they are now. Since they've added features like breakout rooms and whiteboarding, we were able to get our company trainers off of the unintuitive, expensive Adobe Connect platform and onto Zoom. So whether it's training, outreach, recruiting, telehealth, team meetings, webinars, etc., Zoom is robust enough to be well suited for whatever you can throw at it.
We have over 30 Zoom Rooms throughout the company, with plans for many more. I've previously described some of their flaws. Despite those, the Zoom Rooms system is really great, and they do work 90+% of the time. They recently added great features like ultrasonic detection which allows you to share a laptop screen with, literally, one click. They also now have voice control, allowing one to say "Hey Zoom, start a meeting" to start a meeting. And they recently released an Android controller version (in addition to the existing iOS version), so IT folks reluctant to use iOS no longer have to give in. Camera control through the iPad is another big plus. Plus Zoom continually strengthens baked-in remote support for these rooms, so they keep getting better.

Sticky features like this, and the fact that they're among the cheapest conference room solutions out there, do add value to the platform. But they still have work to do to make them more solid.
Read Stefan Scherbik's full review

High quality audio (210)
High quality video (211)
Low bandwidth requirements (179)
Desktop sharing (206)
Whiteboards (121)
Calendar integration (176)
Meeting initiation (201)
Integrates with social media (71)
Record meetings / events (192)
Slideshows (125)
Live chat (179)
Audience polling (89)
Q&A (106)
User authentication (125)
Participant roles & permissions (149)
Confidential attendee list (96)

About Zoom

Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform.