Mailchimp Reviews

Corey Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 17, 2020

Mailchimp is user friendly, and helps my clients be successful

I use it for a marketing newsletter for my travel agent client. She advertises a variety of trips she is offering to her clients.
  • User friendly design
  • Automation is easy to implement
  • It would be nice to have an eyedropper to match colors vs. the current color picker
Mailchimp has always been well-suited for my medium-sized clients. I suppose a large enterprise may need more tracking capabilities, but I'm not sure.
Read Corey Walker's full review
Lee Wheeler | TrustRadius Reviewer

Bananas for Mailchimp!!

Mailchimp is an incredible tool. We recommend it to all of our clients who are interested in contacting their customers using email for newsletters, coupons, flash sales and more! The new advancements to the Mailchimp system make it easy to use and more so, easy to understand the results of your email campaigns!
  • Easy subscription forms
  • Easy to use and design email templates
  • Design styling of elements off-site
  • Cost, who doesn’t love free?!
Mailchimp is a no brainer if you’re planning on using any email media for marketing! Great for subscription offers, coupons, eblast, newsletter, flash
sales, etc.
Read Lee Wheeler's full review
Christian Banach | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

Mailchimp is a great marketing automation solution for small businesses

I use Mailchimp to send broadcast emails to my list and automated sequences when visitors opt-in to my list. Mailchimp enables me to connect with my followers fast and relatively inexpensively.
  • Ease of use.
  • Ease to integrate.
  • Good deliverability.
  • More robust features would be nice.
Mailchimp is a great email and marketing automation platform for small businesses. However, if you're looking for robust features, you should look at one of the other more expensive platforms.
Read Christian Banach's full review
Heather MacDonald-Santiago | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 07, 2020

Mailchimp: Easy-to-use product with helpful analytics

The marketing and Communications department at Crowe Soberman uses Mailchimp to send various firm communications to our clients and referral sources, including tax letters, news, and blog posts. We also use Mailchimp to send invitations to events, although we track responses in other software. Mailchimp is one of the main ways we communicate with our clients.
  • Social analytics
  • Email marketing
  • We send invitations by Mailchimp but have to do the tracking in Eventbrite. Some of those features should be added to Mailchimp.
  • It could use more complete CRM functions. We have to integrate with other software to get the functionality we prefer.
Mailchimp is very easy-to-use software for sending mass communications. It is easy to create well-designed and brand-compliant communications with Mailchimp. It is very easy to add and delete people, and they help us to keep on top of governmental compliance issues such as CASL, GDPR, etc.
Read Heather MacDonald-Santiago's full review
Mark Wilbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 07, 2020

Definitely Worth giving MailChimp a Try

I use MailChimp to keep clients up-to-date on the market changes. It is easy to use and seamless to customize and send out to multiple email addresses all at once.
  • Drag and Drop feature
  • Accurate preview of how it will look
  • User friendly
  • More graphic options
  • Automated mailouts with easy modification
MailChimp is a perfect way for organizations to stay in touch with their clients, while looking professional.
Read Mark Wilbert's full review
Renee DiBiasio | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Mailchimp helps to streamline communication with ease!

Our development office and administration use Mailchimp for newsletters and mailings. It allows us to see who is opening and reading items and track usage.
  • The ability to see which community members are reading the publications help us to ensure productive communication across the organization.
  • The ability to track which stakeholders are opening and reading which items allows for more targeted communication.
  • I would love to see even more options for templates and types of communication.
  • Additionally, it would be an excellent tool to be able to share while editing.
Mailchimp is great for tracking who reads your publications to ensure information is received. Not everyone is adept with technology though so print delivery is still needed.
Read Renee DiBiasio's full review
Evan Womack | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 10, 2019

Mailchimp at a glance.

I use Mailchimp for my team and other teams within the company use it as well. I use it for communication with other employees in my team but it’s also used for communications for the entire company.
  • Email customization
  • API
  • Embed options
  • Polling functionality
Mailchimp is perfect for marketing emails and online ads and couldn’t be more simple for this purpose. It’s also great for team communications and updates as well as storing contact information, integrating with other apps for further functionality, and much more.
Read Evan Womack's full review
February 08, 2020

I used to not be a Mailchimp fan, but I've kinda changed my tune.

It is being used across the whole organization. Its free version is a good fit for the quantity and scope of emails this organization needs to get out. It does serve a limited media need, as this is a nonprofit organization that doesn't need a complex marketing funnel system.
  • Audience tags--this has been such a great add-on in the toolkit.
  • Drag-and-drop email design--not every marketing mail system uses this kind of design editing tool; it's a timesaver, there are a lot of options. Adding graphics with captions and boxed text relieves me of a lot of formatting issues.
  • Issues with MS Outlook--because Outlook (so I've read and heard) depends on coding particular to MS Word, as opposed to more generic html-based formatting code, things can get really wonky in an email viewed in Outlook, such as text not wrapping properly around graphic images, horizontal line of images showing up vertically, etc. It's a coding issue. Believe me, my IT friends roll their eyes when we discuss this, and my non-tech clients' eyes glaze over when I try to explain why they should look at their test emails in their browsers or other mail software for a proper viewing rather than in Outlook.
  • Feedback tab interrupting the right scroll bar. What a pain to lose the scrollbar for a half-inch of screen area.
  • Well-suited if you don't run several emails with sending schedules so tightly packed you run the risk of maxing out quantity limits per day. You get bumped up to the next payable level. This may be an issue only with the free version.
  • For my clients, which typically have audiences that meet MailChimp's free version, I really haven't seen a less appropriate scenario.
January 15, 2020

Mailchimp is still top banana!

Mailchimp solves the problem of being able to keep in contact with my customers without too much leg work. Since most of my time is spent designing creative projects for my clients, I have very little time for self-promotion and updating my clients on what is happening in my company. Mailchimp is a vital tool in my administrative arsenal.
  • There are templates available that are easily customizable.
  • Updating and maintaining lists is easy.
  • I’d like to see some new templates added.
  • The process of getting rid of duplicates could be a bit simpler.
If you run a small business as I do, then Mailchimp is perfect. The free version does everything that I need it to do, and it’s scalable so when my business grows, it is ready to grow with me. I have not used it beyond a list of over 1000 contacts, so I can’t speak to how it performs for larger lists.
January 14, 2020

I'm a nonprofiteer - will Mailchimp work for me?

It's being used solely via the marketing dept. for e-newsletters for marketing campaigns. It solves the problem of reaching our community in an easy and visually acceptable manner.
  • I believe that the wysiwyg feature is good. For a novice, someone who is not a coder, you can easily drop in text and images, then view an immediate preview. Many newcomers to the product that I have managed have picked it up quickly and easily, given that they have no prior coding or email marketing tool experience.
  • The ability to upload, store and edit photos in real time is also an asset. Unlike Constant Contact in which you need to switch back and forth between files to view your photos and edit them, then another step to return back to you eblast templates can be a hassle. MailChimp gives all that to you in real time, in one section.
  • They do a great job on branding. The brand looks fun (a chimp), non-threatening and not over complicated. They communicate in a down to earth, playful manner with their users which conveys that they are ready to help and guide them through the eblast building process.
  • I think the help center for questions needs to be more prevalent. Many times I have not been able to find it and had to open another google tab, googling "mailchimp fill in the blank" the question I had.
  • I love the photo storage feature, but after trying to get your picture to fit just right (going thru various cropping edits) Mailchimp renames each photo and it becomes hard to tell which one is the final one, so that you can delete the others.
  • Mailchimp will also timeout after going through many series of photo edits, preview, edit again. You have to log out and log back in to get its cache cleared, which can be time consuming.
I would ask: what are their email marketing goals and their targets, and what budget do they have to implement this? Mailchimp is a great tool for non-profits and small businesses - basically traditional non-marketers or when you're dealing with shorted staff. I wouldn't recommend it for a very large org with a large list of constituents, however given the value you receive for your money or for no money at all, since you can try Mailchimp for free forever with a limited email list. Their features and ease of use are directly inline with the small to medium business that is trying to increase market awareness of their product or services.
January 10, 2020

Putting the "Fun" in Fundraising and Communications

Mailchimp is used by two departments in our organization: Communications and Development.
Communications utilizes the platform to all our institutional marketing needs. It is the primary marketing tool for our company. We sell tickets to performances, administer surveys, pre & post-show informational emails, and weekly newsletters. The Development department uses Mailchimp for email fundraising campaigns & solicitations.

The platform addresses our need for a single unified contact management and communications system shared across multiple departments. One of the biggest advantages to Mailchimp is the integration with Salesforce/Patron Manager via the "PatronChimp" plugin. This allows us to build contact reports within Salesforce and turn them into Segments for use in Mailchimp, making the mailing list segment dynamic: the list auto-updates based on customer behavior and relationships. Another advantage to this setup the bi-directional updating of contact lists: when emails bounce or recipients unsubscribe via Mailchimp, the contact information is auto-updated in Salesforce.
  • Incredibly easy to create well-designed emails from practical templates
  • Easy use of merge tags, including custom merge tags
  • I would like to see some more user-friendly ways to integrate with social campaigns
  • Mobile design is good, however more mobile-specific templates would be useful.
Mailchimp is an excellent email communications platform for creating easy, industry-standard email campaigns. The list management, segmentation, and merge-tagging are incredibly easy for users at all levels, with options such as social integration for more advanced users. Campaign creation is done through an easy-to-use wizard, and once you have built a few campaigns you can easily re-purpose campaigns and templates, making your workflow even more efficient.
One thing I really like about Mailchimp is the "live merge" preview, which allows you to view specific emails in your campaign with the merge tags integrates. I also like the "Mobile preview" option, which lets you see how your campaign will appear in a recipient's mobile device.
The reporting and analytics features are detailed and easy to understand. And lastly, Mailchimp is a platform with user-interface features that make you feel like you are having fun while doing your job, and that's almost priceless.
January 10, 2020

MailChimp for Non-profit Communication!

I use MailChimp to manage our communications email list and send emails for a general newsletter (monthly), Alumni newsletter (monthly), conference invitations and other timely announcements (such as holiday card...etc.)
  • I think MailChimp has a very easy to use interface. It is cleanly designed and intuitive to navigate the different parts of setting up and sending an email.
  • I think MailChimp provides good pre-built templates for users who do know know how to code HTML/CSS.
  • I think MailChimp has a great integration with Google Analytics.
  • I think MailChimp is a reasonable price for its offerings compared to other email marketing platforms.
  • I wish MailChimp had more robust testing capabilities. I'd love to be able to A/B test internal content, not just subject line, date and send time.
  • I think MailChimp's reporting is basic. You cannot dig that deep into analytics. For example, you cannot sort data by list segment. I also would love to be able to run a report on select emails and date ranges.
  • I think MailChimp's segmentation function could be improved. There seems to be a disconnect between groups and segments. I think you should be able to segment to a group you've created.
While MailChimp is good for basic email, we use Convio for our fundraising email list because MailChimp does not have the capability to integrate with Convio's database so we can link email to donations. We wish we could have one email platform rather than manage two lists. However, we choose MailChimp over Convio for our communications list because of cost. So that is a plus for MailChimp.
April 15, 2020

Turbo Boost Your Email Marketing

Mailchimp is used by our marketing department as our primary email marketing platform to manage and target to different audience segments a variety of content. Types of content include new user welcome and onboarding, newsletters, announcements, special offers, among others. Each of these content types have different format templates, audience compositions and frequencies. Mailchimp does a great job at developing, managing and measuring these campaigns.
  • Very easy and effective at creating campaigns and managing lists and respective segments.
  • Rich variety of professionally-done templates and powerful tools for fast customisation.
  • Text editing is cumbersome (e.g. no spell check, some quirks in formatting restrictions). It almost seems like they're a bit behind the market on that.
  • Some segmentation limitations (depending on how granular and how many segments you want)
Mailchimp is excellent for running recurring or one-off email campaigns for marketing, information, education, community management or the like. One of its biggest assets is the ease and speed with which a user can create very professionally-looking rich content that helps strengthen one's brand and relationship with the audience. From an email management perspective, Mailchimp offers a large set of powerful capabilities in managing multiple lists, segmenting the audiences, running A/B testing and performing analytics. Mailchimp is probably less suited for those entities that require more of a full lifecycle CRM solution.
April 01, 2020

Mailchimp Could be Fantastic - if you speak their language!

Our practice uses Mailchimp to send out general information to different groups of patients. We also use it to keep in touch with former patients to keep them engaged with us. We are able to customize the information that will only apply to certain groups and avoid sending non-applicable information to everyone.
  • Mailchimp makes it easy to add email and name information
  • There is plenty of room for contacts in the free version of Mailchimp
  • Learning the lingo in Mailchimp could be easier and more intuitive
  • Creating an email to send to multiple groups, or audiences, could be more user friendly.
  • There is too much trial and error to set up and send a simple email.
Mailchimp is well suited for those who can figure out how to use it. If someone doesn't have time to learn what Mailchimp means by their particular lingo, then I think keeping email groups on a spreadsheet would be easier. It seems like a pretty robust system, if you understand how to use all the bells and whistles.
March 17, 2020

Great product that works for growing teams

We are using Mailchimp for email communication and marketing automation services. It has been a great product so far that was relatively easy to set up and easy to use. We use it across sales, marketing, product and leadership levels. It provides us with flexibility around reporting as well as campaign setup and list variations.
  • Great for marketing automation.
  • A/B testing.
  • Marketing campaigns.
  • Could be easier to use for the sales team.
  • More in depth reporting.
  • More intuitive UI.
It is a great product for situations where a company needs to fill marketing needs and is starting to do things like automation, testing and more elaborate segmentation. Mailchimp has a pretty big portfolio of ways you could set up your campaign and with a little coding you could make any template very professional.
March 09, 2020

Very reliable and easy to use

Mailchimp is used by the marketing team to send out emails and for email automation. Mailchimp is an all-in-one tool that was needed to simplify this process.
  • Email marketing
  • Email automation
  • Reporting
  • Mailchimp is simple and easy to learn how to use.
  • Mailchimp is one of the more expensive email marketing softwares out there.
  • The free version is quite limited in terms of email automation.
  • Mailchimp has not updated its product offering much in the last few years.
If you need a free email marketing software, then Mailchimp is the way to go. It is reliable, easy to use, and has an extensive list of features. However, the paid version is very expensive and not always suitable for small businesses. There is similar software that offers the same features for a lot less.
February 19, 2020

Great product, not geared towards educational environments but it works!

Mailchimp is being used by our organization to communicate with a broad range of constituents. As an educational institution, this platform professionalizes our corporate communicates to parents, alumni and the broader community. It is controlled by our Communications department and is used for all formal communications. It helps solve the business problem of email delivery, subscription, professionalization, communication analytics and tracking.
  • The workflows for our communications department are very efficient and easy to follow.
  • The analytics - open rates, trends, reports are very detailed and helpful.
  • For our industry, some of the language and functionality used is inappropriate (very sales-oriented, we provide private education and while this language is only used internally on the platform, it rubs some people the wrong way).
  • The benchmarking data for our industry is not applicable, but would be handy if it were.
Mailchimp is certainly well-suited for all scenarios where professional, stylized communications from an organization are required. Certainly in fields or scenarios where product sales are the goal. An organization that does not have the resources to manually manage lists (if your database does not integrate with Mailchimp) would struggle to ensure those lists are accurate and up to date.
January 30, 2020

MailChimp is easy and accurate for international enterprise

Mailchimp is being used to send emails to clients about promotions, new products, and company updates by our sales team. The PR team uses it to send press releases or breaking news to media contacts.
  • Lets us know who opened the emails.
  • Provides analytics on campaigns that help towards future initiatives.
  • It can save templates to make it easier to resend emails.
  • Make it easier to edit the "to view in another browser" link.
It is a great place to create campaigns and send emails internally or to clients. PR used it mostly for press releases and it's great to see who has viewed your release and how many times they've opened it.

It's not the best for personalization when it comes to big lists, so that should be regular/manual emails.
January 29, 2020

Mailchimp For The Win!

I use Mailchimp to create monthly newsletters for my clients who are mostly in the creative industry (jewelry design and interior design). The newsletters are mostly used to direct potential customers to the respective client sites, whether it be to show off a new design project or a monthly special on their e-commerce platform. Driving traffic to their sites means more eyes on my clients work, and more real estate in the minds of their consumers.
  • User friendliness - Super easy to use which is a win for saving time
  • Free use - There's no catch on their free plan, and the amount of tools you have available within the free plan is more than most other email marketing platforms I looked into
  • Very basic templates - Although very user-friendly, the templates don't allow for much space to move from their original design
  • Steep Pricing - The free plan I'm on is great, but the minute I need to up my plan the numbers hike up pretty quickly
It may have some steep pricing when working with the paid plans but for someone like me who is working with smaller brands and smaller audiences, the free plan is a win! Mailchimp integrates really well with a host of platforms, the reporting is pretty thorough and it's super easy to use!
January 23, 2020

Mailchimp: a pioneer in the industry

We've been using Mailchimp at our organization to handle both our email automation with forms, audience gathering and reporting, as well as for sending out our newsletters updates. It addresses how we capture contact information from our various landing pages and helps us send out customized emails to our audience. In addition, it allows us to send customized automated responses to some of our audience groups.
  • Email design
  • Automation
  • Marketing automation.
  • Ability to send to all audiences.
It's a great solution to gather emails from various forms. Definitely a great tool start with for your organization and depending on your needs, you can see if it still fits those needs. Mailchimp has come a long way since we first started with them about 5 years ago and we're happy with the new features we're seeing in.
January 21, 2020

Happy Campaigning with MailChimp

Apart from my full-time job as an Analyst, I volunteer at a non-profit as Secretary. I use MailChimp every day to handle communication to about 1500 subscribers. Any events related to the non-profit will be sent to all the subscribers through campaigns. I design all the campaigns and send them personally. We send about 20 to 25 campaigns in a month, and every campaign will go to all the subscribers (about 1500) in the list.
  • Easy to use and I can see test campaigns
  • Predefined templates
  • Can send to many with one click
  • Scheduling is the best feature, can schedule all the campaigns to a later date and time
  • Only image files can be embedded in the email, allowing pdfs will be helpful
  • Many of our subscribers say they do not receive emails, when they have different email domains like cox.net etc., at times we do not understand how to help them
  • Mobile app, editing an email subject or campaign name is not possible, and that is a big disappointment
MailChimp is very useful when you need to send information one way like campaigns/newsletters and you have many subscribers, where the replies can be channeled to a different email address. If you have fewer subscribers or the communication is with colleagues or friends, then MailChimp may not be the best idea.
January 21, 2020

Mailchimp - the perfect solution for small companies and smaller marketing teams.

We are using Mailchimp's solution with some of our clients who communicate with their contacts with communication objectives, news, and commercial information. It is primarily used by commercial and communication departments. The main challenge they face is to be able to analyze the response of contacts, data analysis, and email open optimization. These teams try to better the click rate within shipments.
  • Ease of use to create a shipment
  • Integration with other platforms, like Wordpress for example
  • Email marketing automation
  • Web integration for tracking analytics
I think it's a good solution for small businesses and businesses that don't want to invest a lot of money in their email marketing strategy and don't have a global digital marketing plan in other media. Mailchimp allows simple actions of email marketing but does not integrate other media such as social, media, web sites or SEM. For companies that are interested in devoting more time and resources to their digital strategy, I recommend other more oriented solutions for total digital marketing management. But, to do email marketing simply, efficiently and for a low cost, Mailchimp remains the best option.
January 20, 2020

Go bananas for Mailchimp

Mailchimp is primarily used by our marketing and development departments for mass email communication to our organization's followers. It allows us to segment email lists and send communications to a targeted audience. We are able to customize emails, save templates, include attachments, schedule the emails in advance, test subject lines, and easily track results all within the Mailchimp platform.
  • Mailchimp makes sending mass communications fun
  • Easily segment lists and include new email addresses to target your audience
  • Formatting emails can be glitchy at times
  • Limited font choices
You can start using Mailchimp for free, so it's certainly worth a try. It's also a great first step for those who aren't exactly sure what specifics they need or want in a communication platform yet. It's fairly robust and will get the job done allowing you to effectively communicate with your audience while looking branded and polished.
January 17, 2020

The free email marketing solution with guaranteed ROI

This is a great solution to our email marketing needs for every department; although primarily used by our marketing department. It is easy to use, free, and professional. It offers embedding to websites, manual entry, sorting of information, and much more. And what’s better than the ROI being 100% (considering there is no cost).
  • Template designed email marketing
  • Ease of list management
  • Can be difficult to create first few campaigns
  • The disclosures section you have to include is annoying but necessary due to laws (not Mailchimp’s fault)
Mailchimp is perfect for any business - no cost, easy to use (once you learn it), and provides a great ROI if used properly. You have to actually use it though. There’s no point to having valuable email addresses if you are not going to effectively market to people. This is a pure gold marketing tool.
January 17, 2020

Mailchimp is like lukewarm coffee. It's not exciting or fresh, but it gets the job done.

Our organization uses Mailchimp to communicate with our list of subscribers. We send three regular monthly emails [volunteer email, donor newsletter and general subscriber newsletter]. We also use it to send periodic appeals for funds. It is a simple platform to communicate with a wide variety of audiences for a wide variety of reasons. We are able to segment audiences into categories, and while I wish it was easier to segment into smaller sections, there are limitations to the ways it will connect with our CRM software. This has been our biggest headache.
  • Drag and Drop templates. It's easy to build an email.
  • Some simple design features are unavailable [such as having an image behind text or wrapping text around an image]. We're often manipulating our wording to make sure the balance of text to image isn't weird looking.
  • The CRM integration that we use could be far more robust.
Honestly, as a small non-profit with a list under 5,000 subscribers, there aren't a ton of options within the price range of MailChimp that offer similar options. The other options are either too expensive or less functional. So while I'm not in love with Mailchimp as an product, I also haven't been able to find anything that I like better within a price range that is functional for a small non-profit.

WYSIWYG email editor (205)
Dynamic content (200)
Ability to test dynamic content (193)
Landing pages (146)
A/B testing (168)
Mobile optimization (205)
Email deliverability reporting (223)
List management (220)
Triggered drip sequences (144)
Lead nurturing (2)
Lead scoring and grading (1)
Data quality management (1)
Automated sales alerts and tasks (1)
Calendaring (1)
Event/webinar marketing (1)
Social sharing and campaigns (2)
10.0
Social profile integration (1)
Dashboards (62)
Standard reports (218)
Custom reports (40)
API (2)
Role-based workflow & approvals (1)
Customizability (2)
6.5
Integration with Salesforce.com (2)
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (2)
Integration with SugarCRM (2)

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is an all-in-one Marketing Platform for small businesses. The vendor says its goal is to help small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. Mailchimp aims to be the backbone for customer relationships, with AI-powered, user-friendly tools. Mailchimp is designed to put the audience at the center so users can send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The vendor reports that millions of businesses and individuals - from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies - use Mailchimp to connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place. Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta, GA, Mailchimp has 1000+ employees and is privately held.

Mailchimp Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Has featureDynamic content
Has featureAbility to test dynamic content
Has featureLanding pages
Has featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureEmail deliverability reporting
Has featureList management
Has featureTriggered drip sequences
Lead Management Features
Does not have featureLead nurturing
Does not have featureLead scoring and grading
Does not have featureData quality management
Does not have featureAutomated sales alerts and tasks
Campaign Management Features
Does not have featureCalendaring
Does not have featureEvent/webinar marketing
Social Media Marketing Features
Does not have featureSocial sharing and campaigns
Does not have featureSocial profile integration
Reporting & Analytics Features
Does not have featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Does not have featureCustom reports
Platform & Infrastructure Features
Does not have featureAPI
Does not have featureRole-based workflow & approvals
Does not have featureCustomizability
Does not have featureIntegration with Salesforce.com
Does not have featureIntegration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Does not have featureIntegration with SugarCRM

Mailchimp Screenshots